• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

He played half a game against Ross County before his injury, and you're claiming that as evidence he was really starting to pick up?

He was honking against Zurich, people are at most dialing it back 50 minutes.

It's awful for the guy, anyone taking pleasure from him being out is a moron...but his injury doesn't change that he'd been really poor for a long time. Anyone saying otherwise is conveniently dialling it back over 6 months imo.

Still, it's over, sticking the boot in now is crass, we'll never know if he was on the way back

He was getting better, there's no doubt; as I stated, it's moot

14 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Being linked with Ramirez in the EEN! Absolute desperation if that’s true! 

Aren’t we desperate though? According to some. 😄

Ramirez is surely just a direct replacement for Boyce, who we didn't know would be crocked until Sunday. Can't say I've watched him too much but 15 goals for an absolutely woeful Aberdeen side last year seems pretty good to me.

You got to assume we've made inquiries about Johnson for quite some time, not just today.

Get ready for plenty of other names to be thrown in today.

Just now, Cut The Crap said:

So it turns out there is no carefully-crafted recruitment masterplan and we're scrambling around on deadline day looking to bring in cast offs from our main rivals?

:notsure:

TBF, We've obviously missed out on some of our main targets but the 7 players we've brought in were almost definitely planned.

Our first 11 is easily good enough but past maybe 13-14 players the rest wouldn't be missed.

Captain Lithuania
3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

He played half a game against Ross County before his injury, and you're claiming that as evidence he was really starting to pick up?

He was honking against Zurich, people are at most dialing it back 50 minutes.

It's awful for the guy, anyone taking pleasure from him being out is a moron...but his injury doesn't change that he'd been really poor for a long time. Anyone saying otherwise is conveniently dialling it back over 6 months imo.

Links our play really well, his finishing has been lacking massively for a while but if you can’t see what he brings to the team then there’s no point anybody trying to explain it to you or you trying to understand.

He will be a huge miss and anything else is complete nonsense. 

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Listening to Gowser on SATF & he basically said that Boyce was verbally coaching the midfield & front line throughout the entire game vs St Johnstone. 

Looks like that was missing last night. 

I didn't see any of the game last night; no doubt we were lacking everywhere

Ramirez before moult but can’t see Aberdeen loaning a player to their rivals.Johnston seems to be away to Portugal so non starter there. Quality over quantity gone then

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, DxB Hearts said:

Ramirez is surely just a direct replacement for Boyce, who we didn't know would be crocked until Sunday. Can't say I've watched him too much but 15 goals for an absolutely woeful Aberdeen side last year seems pretty good to me.

You got to assume we've made inquiries about Johnson for quite some time, not just today.

Get ready for plenty of other names to be thrown in today.

Penalty box striker, very similar to Shankland, Aberdeen wont let it happen anyway, turkeys voting for Christmas thing, its a 10 we need not a 9, though if anything happens to Shankland, we arent covered there either, all very disheartening

1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I didn't see any of the game last night; no doubt we were lacking everywhere

Plenty possession, no cutting edge & a general lack if urgency.  They scored with a simple ball over the top & a header back across CG. 

After they scored, it was clear we were going to struggle to break them down. 

1 minute ago, GBJambo said:

Trying to sign an Aberdeen reject 

That our level ?😂

I'm trying to think of someone we could get that would be a better deputy for Shankland than Ramirez but I can't. Can you?

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Scored 15 last season. I think you might need to review your expectation level.

My expectations?

The club have repeatedly spoken about creating assets and signing players we can improve and sell on to grow the club,we have witnessed Hibs and Aberdeen sell players for millions the last few seasons.

We have had months and months to scout and move for any number of targets in that 20-26 age bracket yet we are enquiring about signing a 31 year old deemed surplus at a rival,if that the best our Recruitment team of a HoR,Data Analysis,Sporting Director and Manager can come up with then what's the point?

Be aswell just letting Robbie bash on with it.

Just now, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Hasn't Ramirez pissed off everyone in Aberdeen by stating it's a shit-hole? :rofl:

I think that is an entirely fair thing to say.

Desperate stuff but we are where we are now.

If you gave me the option of banking on those 2 with 14.5 hrs left or rolling the dice I’d probably bank. 

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Trying to sign an Aberdeen reject 

That our level ?😂

Aye they released Shankland before he signed for Ayr. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I'm trying to think of someone we could get that would be a better deputy for Shankland than Ramirez but I can't. Can you?

Well Savage has had months and this is his answer?

The Old Tolbooth
1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Hasn't Ramirez pissed off everyone in Aberdeen by stating it's a shit-hole? :rofl:

As long as we don't bring him to Edinburgh until after the bins are cleaned up from the side walks, then he'll fall in love with Edinburgh :lol: 

Gimme Ramirez over Moult any day of the week though, he scored 15 goals for an utterly rank sheep side last season, he'd do well here with better service than he ever got up there. 

Not sure about Loaning players from Aberdeen or Celtic tbh, I find that a bit tinpot and a club like Hearts should not be doing deals like that imo, if we want them then it's got to be a permanent or nothing, i would rather look elsewhere. Surely there has to be some decent free agents on the market, would rather wait and see what comes up than end up loaning players from the tic or eberdeen.

RustyRightPeg
Just now, GBJambo said:

He’s had 4 days since Boyce was injured. 

Just now, GBJambo said:

It's clearly not his answer or at least not his initial hope. We have very obviously missed out on players so we are where we are. Not just us though, why do you think so many clubs do so much business on deadline day?

The Old Tolbooth
Just now, GBJambo said:

I think if the list of players we tried for and failed to get, or missed out on for whatever reason was published, then it would probably amaze many folk on here, sometimes you land them, sometimes you don't. We also have the S Korean fella in January remember (hopefully)

Clark Griswold
19 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I must be the only one who regularly sees Boyce 

1. Take a poor first touch and lose possession

2. Turn into an opponent and lose possession

3. Over hit or under hit or misdirect a pass and lose possession

4. Fail to take a strike at goal when it was clearly the thing to do.

Sadly I have to agree. For everyone 1 thing he does right, he does one of the above the next 4 times 

6 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Wait until he sees the bins in Edinburgh for the strikes 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, GBJambo said:

Nope we needed players in even before Boyce was injured 🤦🏻

Not necessarily a centre forward though.

2 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

Links our play really well, his finishing has been lacking massively for a while but if you can’t see what he brings to the team then there’s no point anybody trying to explain it to you or you trying to understand.

He will be a huge miss and anything else is complete nonsense. 

I can see what he brings good positioning and hard work and I could see the additional he offered last year...but a CF/10 who's finishing has been lacking massively for a while isn't my bag. How many assists has he got this calendar year?

I don't think he'll be a huge miss, I reckon whoever plays that role will outscore and out-assist him. Doesn't make it any less of a shame for the guy and I'd much rather he was fit and in the squad than not...but I'd have been looking for us to sign competition for him even before the injury. I'm certainly not using it as an opportunity to have a pop at him.

I’d take Ramirez. Knows the league and scored 15 goals last season. Getting him and his family out of Aberdeen is the right thing to do purely on humanitarian grounds. 

13 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Aren’t we desperate though? According to some. 😄

It also isn't desperate. People think their 1 dimensional view of football trumps all.

8 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

He's not lying. It's grim.

14 minutes ago, Australis said:

Transfer window has been open for ages to strengthen and boost our squad.

Looks like we are getting close to picking up what's not wanted by others, I hope not.

Earlier signings were so promising too.

We spent a significant transfer fee just last week! The clue is in the thread title ...

11 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Penalty box striker, very similar to Shankland, Aberdeen wont let it happen anyway, turkeys voting for Christmas thing, its a 10 we need not a 9, though if anything happens to Shankland, we arent covered there either, all very disheartening

And that's a bad thing? 

Given he's pissed off half of Abderdeen and they aren't playing him I'd imagine they would want rid. 

Signing a guy short term who scored 15 goals for a team finishing in the bottom half of the table is not a bad signing for us.

Agree we also need another body up top, but that has always been the case - Ramirez is being looked at because Boyce is done for the season.

Not really sure if Ramirez is the type of player we should be looking for. Would like to have thought we'd be looking for pace/mobility as a must, last night highlighted that massively.

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, jambogaza said:

It also isn't desperate. People think their 1 dimensional view of football trumps all.

Trumps all including those who work in the industry.

Same type of person to take offence at a director of football telling them the best way to paint a wall, or change a plug socket in their day to day job. 

I genuinely think some people need to step away from the internet today.  The levels of hysteria on here are insane.

Chill, all will be fine by midnight.

Captain Lithuania
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I can see what he brings good positioning and hard work and I could see the additional he offered last year...but a CF/10 who's finishing has been lacking massively for a while isn't my bag. How many assists has he got this calendar year?

I don't think he'll be a huge miss, I reckon whoever plays that role will outscore and out-assist him. Doesn't make it any less of a shame for the guy and I'd much rather he was fit and in the squad than not...but I'd have been looking for us to sign competition for him even before the injury. I'm certainly not using it as an opportunity to have a pop at him.

We definitely needed cover for him already, I’d say we now need two. 

Thought Henderson done fairly well last night when he came on for a brief time and probably should have been given more time before now. One decent replacement with Henderson deputising should see us all right. 

Clark Griswold
Just now, Finlay James said:

I genuinely think some people need to step away from the internet today.  The levels of hysteria on here are insane.

Nothing wrong with a bit of debate though, it is deadline day after all.

Just now, Finlay James said:

Today is a very good example of why we are fan owned but not fan run...

fabienleclerq
26 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I must be the only one who regularly sees Boyce 

1. Take a poor first touch and lose possession

2. Turn into an opponent and lose possession

3. Over hit or under hit or misdirect a pass and lose possession

4. Fail to take a strike at goal when it was clearly the thing to do.

Did you watch the game last night?

We missed Boyce big time and hopefully folk appreciate what he brings to the team now.

Clueless.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***