*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Just now, Clark Griswold said:

One thing is for sure, we as a club need to learn from the nativity of this summer in the recruitment front.

when you’re competing on 4 fronts, you need to have the squad to cope with injuries and the extra demand on fitness playing every 3 days. We can’t afford to hold on to late in the window in case someone becomes available. 

or we have a budget and wage structure that we don't want to break as it'll damage the club long term - and therefore have to be very canny in getting in quality. Or - we just get bodies in a la Levein?

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

18 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

You need to get out more imo. 

The irony that someone using the abbreviation ‘imo’ tells me to get out more

6 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

This number chat is chronic.

Does it really matter what number a player has on his back?

It’s a modern thing. 😄

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, PaulHartley10 said:

I don't think it's Ramirez that's the problem, it's more the fact he's surplus at Aberdeen that people feel a bit miffed at. 

We SHOULD have been above that...but circumstances dictate I suppose.

Ramirez situation for umpteenth time, wants back to USA, his wife thinks SCOTLAND/UK is shit, Edinburgh is not solving the problem.

The player himself is more than adequate as a penalty box striker, he is bombed out because he tried to bomb them out.

Not necessarily aimed at you btw PH10

2 minutes ago, PaulHartley10 said:

I don't think it's Ramirez that's the problem, it's more the fact he's surplus at Aberdeen that people feel a bit miffed at. 

We SHOULD have been above that...but circumstances dictate I suppose.

I think it's well known Ramirez is a bit nutty. I don't see why it's beneath us to sign a player from Aberdeen who they don't want because he's a bam, It's not as if he hasn't got ability.

4 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

One thing is for sure, we as a club need to learn from the nativity of this summer in the recruitment front.

when you’re competing on 4 fronts, you need to have the squad to cope with injuries and the extra demand on fitness playing every 3 days. We can’t afford to hold on to late in the window in case someone becomes available. 

spot on

If any players come in I would be surprised if it is quality over quantity as we were promised.

More likely to be panic signings.

Should have been addressed weeks ago instead of going to the last day.

1 minute ago, Deviskan said:

that’s not really correct is it…

If we’re looking for a striker, we’ve always been told we have more than one option being considered…for the very reason we’re currently experiencing.

so why have we not simply moved to option B…why are we now apparently looking at a loan for a second string Aberdeen forward???

Anyone on here that says they’re happy with that is properly happy clapping themselves into a frenzy…after we’ve been told repeatedly quality over quantity.

I suspect Joe S has options B,C,D,E.......etc etc that's the contingency no?

Ramirez (if any truth in the rumour) may be option N for all we know? We can't legislate being knocked back by players for all manner of reasons so feel it's harsh on Savage & team

Clark Griswold
Just now, Jim Panzee said:

or we have a budget and wage structure that we don't want to break as it'll damage the club long term - and therefore have to be very canny in getting in quality. Or - we just get bodies in a la Levein?

I guess that’s the crux isn’t it. It’s just a shame circumstances dictate what we’re up against today by that fact we have to let the quality over quantity line slip. Also perhaps the market were in realistically dictates when we can pounce in the window. All I am saying is I hope our recruitment team learn from

this moving forward. 

19 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

We have needed players for weeks. Boyce getting injured didn't suddenly make us need a striker. We needed one well before that. Possibly even 2.

We've clearly done **** all about it and are now trying to get a guy who can't get a game for Aberdeen. Poor, poor show. 

Oh come on. Like players haven't moved within leagues and done well before. It's not a black and white business. He also rattled in the goals with a piss poor Aberdeen side. Perhaps Goodwin just doesn't like him. It happens.

4 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Are you hoping for 3 wise men this window🤭

2 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

I was just thinking that the links to Johnston moult and Ramirez seem very levein type signings 

1 minute ago, Jim Panzee said:

Ramirez (if any truth in the rumour) may be option N for all we know? We can't legislate being knocked back by players for all manner of reasons so feel it's harsh on Savage & team

Ramirez would equate to option Z.

13 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Clearly not enough effort as we now have 1 striker. 

Again idiotic .

We may not have got the players we wanted . That is completely different from not making an effort.

1 minute ago, Jim Panzee said:

Savage & team d we I’ll be harshly judged just like everyone else at the club. 

to be fair, he did very well last season with the recruitment team and hopefully they rise to our current challenges. 

Clark Griswold
2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I was just thinking that the links to Johnston moult and Ramirez seem very levein type signings 

Yes because the ‘quality over quantity’ position has changed, we’re now desperate. 

12 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

This number chat is chronic.

Does it really matter what number a player has on his back?

Are you serious?

I’d take Ramirez (depending on the financial outlay of course). But it goes without saying Michael Smith needs start learning how to cross a ball if he does come in. No point having a forward good with his heid if we can’t cross it to said napper.

1 minute ago, Clark Griswold said:

Yes because the ‘quality over quantity’ position has changed, we’re now desperate. 

We'd have the best striking options between Shankland and Ramirez that we've had in years.

Just now, GinRummy said:

I have no idea why folk are so against Ramirez. Nobody has actually came up with anything other than he plays for Aberdeen. 

I think he would be an alright signing, 15 goals last season.

fabienleclerq
12 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

So the general flow and the result of that game would have been different if we’d had Boyce playing ?

I think we lost because

1. At times we looked flat and tired

2. We had width and possession but no target and they dealt pretty comfortably with Shankland

3. We lost a ridiculously poor goal

4. We’ll always have trouble with a team who sit in and know what they are doing

Boyce isn’t a consistently good enough player anymore. He’s not a match winner or even a match turner. I don’t think he would have made any difference 

Boyce gets us up the pitch and occupies defenders.

Did you miss Shankland spending more time outside the box than normal? Or wrestling players more than normal. 

You are blind if you think we didn't miss him and that's even just for the effect on Shankland. 

18 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

this isn’t debate it’s who can shout the loudest about the supposed lack of investment and work the recruitment team have done 

There is no disputing we spent money. The dispute is 1. What did we actually get for that money? Has it improved us as much as we hoped ? the jury is out on that.  And 2. Why haven’t we signed (enough) players for positions we knew we were woefully short in and that we knew about from day 1 Strikers Am RCB ?

We_are_the_Hearts
Just now, GinRummy said:

I have no idea why folk are so against Ramirez. Nobody has actually came up with anything other than he plays for Aberdeen. 

I think considering the amount of money the club have taken in with record ST sales, FOH and the European pot the fans should expect better than a striker who helped an inferior rival to bottom 6 and is now a cast off as they have better

Just now, GinRummy said:

Because it looks like a panic buy. 

People blowing smoke up savages arse for weeks and he can’t find us a striker when he’s had months and looks like he’s panicking now 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, We_are_the_Hearts said:

I think considering the amount of money the club have taken in with record ST sales, FOH and the European pot the fans should expect better than a striker who helped an inferior rival to bottom 6 and is now a cast off as they have better

New managers always move players on it isn’t exactly a new thing it happens in every league in the world. 

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, theshed said:

People blowing smoke up savages arse for weeks and he can’t find us a striker when he’s had months and looks like he’s panicking now 

it’s a loan 

Just now, GinRummy said:

It's funny I always think in Scotland it feels rare that players move between (the bigger) clubs in comparison to other countries.  Italy especially there seems little thought of a player playing for one of the big clubs then another.  England as well you get plenty guys who play for a number of clubs without an eyebrow raised.  The only direction of travel is to OF and perhaps if you're Hibs and Aberdeen from Celtic to them on loan.

It's very very rare a non-youth player will move, especially for money, between Hearts, Aberdeen, Hibs and maybe Dundee United or similar.  Hearts Hibs is rare for obv reasons.

If Aberdeen have a guy who fits what we do, for some reason doesn't want to be there or isn't wanted, why wouldn't we be in for him?  I know little about the dude but his record in a shite team was certainly good.

Leveins Battalion
4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’d take Ramirez (depending on the financial outlay of course). But it goes without saying Michael Smith needs start learning how to cross a ball if he does come in. No point having a forward good with his heid if we can’t cross it to said napper.

Learn to cross a ball?He is 34 next week,think that learning to cross a ball stage is well and truly passed.😂

16 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

So the general flow and the result of that game would have been different if we’d had Boyce playing ?

I think we lost because

1. At times we looked flat and tired

2. We had width and possession but no target and they dealt pretty comfortably with Shankland

3. We lost a ridiculously poor goal

4. We’ll always have trouble with a team who sit in and know what they are doing

Boyce isn’t a consistently good enough player anymore. He’s not a match winner or even a match turner. I don’t think he would have made any difference 

At last. Some perspective.

3 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Boyce gets us up the pitch and occupies defenders.

Did you miss Shankland spending more time outside the box than normal? Or wrestling players more than normal. 

You are blind if you think we didn't miss him and that's even just for the effect on Shankland. 

Aye okay mate. Opinions Opinions Opinions huh. Doesn’t matter much now who’s right or who’s wrong. Chances are he has played his last game for Hearts and we’ll need to find someone else to play the 10/false 9

jamboinglasgow

I'm still convinced that some people think signing a player is like going to a supermarket, you just pay the required amount and you have a new player. Rather than a complex process requiring agreements from club and players who are playing their own game and playing for time can be beneficial and a negative for clubs.

Ramirez is reportedly on massive wages and they would want the majority paid by the club that borrowed him especially a direct rival ..................... I can not see us paying huge wages to a loan signing whos natural position is the same as Shanklands and who has been whining on social media about being left out the team when he is the best striker in Scotland 

Nothing about that one makes sense to me and I seriously doubt there is any truth in it what so ever

Moult i could believe but i think he would be seen as back up and that we would be looking to bring in some one much better probably on loan

I think we will sign Moult and bring in two loans at forward and defence

Clearly wages are a problem getting in players (particularly from down south)... coupled with JS's take it or leave it approach... makes me think (because I'm obviously NOT ITK), that the time to break our mythical 'wage-cap' may be nearing... or past (at least for this window.) Yes, it could potentially create problems - but that's contracts for you - but, for me at least, I think our stubborn approach may be hindering us a bit. I'm definitely not suggesting we got and splurge mega-amounts on every player from now on, but I'm sure there will be a couple of players at the top of some list that can be got, if we push the boat out that wee bit further. Again, not ITK - just a feeling I'm getting this window. I'm totally on-board with 'only buying a player that's better than what we have' but it's obviously going to come at a cost£.

Clark Griswold
6 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Calm down you lot ffs :rofl: 

image.jpeg.1cfde4ec31b8a3801ab73397e36c48b5.jpeg

I haven’t seen anyone angry on this thread today 

1 minute ago, Clark Griswold said:

Is Connor Ronan still available?

I think So but not sure what Wolves stance is on him. Doesn’t look like being near the first team squad at all so would be better for him to move but no idea if we were ever even interested in him. I would take him though no doubt about it.

It’s the lack of rumours and links that makes this place go into melt down I think! We can’t go to January with what we have but let’s see what today brings before we have the daggers out for Joe and the rest of the back room staff. 

Nelly Terraces
Just now, Pans Jambo said:

Think Ramirez for the rest of this season would be decent. 

The dream would be the geezer hitting some form, and scoring the winner versus the mutton molesters in a coupla game to GIRFUT.

9 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

This isn't a cheap option. We've bought player in and paid cassh for transfers rather than frees.

8 minutes ago, theshed said:

Who gives a shit what it looks like. He'd be a great short term solution.

It's obvious Savage has failed to land certain targets. Don't think anyone can deny that.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***