*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Wow people need to chill out. Yes, we need help up top and yes, it would have been much better to get them in early but we're not done yet and the free agent market is something we've used very successfully recently.

Our squad is more than capable of finishing 3rd again. It's better than it was at the start of last season. 

We also didn't play in the league cup group stage, so not actually playing that many more games than last year.

Trust Savage, he'll get us players we'll be happy with.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

RustyRightPeg
6 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

What will be will be, we can only get what we can get and see what we can do

As long as we progress, it's all good, yes?

It was a tongue in cheek statement and I obviously love the fact we’re on the European stage but **** me it’s done something to folk. Stress levels seem to be higher than ever, it’s quite weird!

Bungalow Bill
Just now, hm123fc said:

Louis Moult according to the BBC

Wonder if there any other Burton Albion reserves we could take. Geezo, Louis Moult. 

30 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Halkett and Neilson, do we need 3. Esp when Smith and Sibbick can cover short term. Much rather we spent money on attacking players. 

We need 3.

Playing an ageing RB at RCB is proof of that. 

19 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I honesty think we didn't give a shit about last night; I think the players were told to be careful and avoid lunging in and be wary of challenges; I stated weeks ago that we should not not care about that tournament as it was only going to pull us down

Some people replied "it's only 4 games", yeah 4 games too many in a ridiculous schedule

There is a cup to be won though. Only one of two chances for silverware.

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

Being linked with Ramirez in the EEN! Absolute desperation if that’s true! 

Why? He scored 15 goals for a struggling Aberdeen side last year and has been absolutely bombed out by Goodwin. 

26 minutes ago, Hearts of Vladland said:

Joe Wright wasn’t good enough for us, kept a clean sheet against us last night though 🤷‍♂️

Watched him very closely last night. Wasn't involved a huge amount but added another big body to their back line which made it really difficult for us to play over the top, and then what he did do, i.e. a couple of chase-downs with Gino and a couple of clearances, he did with a bit of composure. Looked alright to be fair, but I said this in pre-season too that he looked calm and composed. Feels like Neilson has impressed enough to not bother signing Wright as well. Maybe he's wanted more money or a longer deal or whatever than we were prepared to offer? Maybe his medical wasn't satisfactory? Maybe we've got a better option whom we've discussed terms with and were waiting to see what we'd need to do at the end of the window. Who knows! 

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Why? He scored 15 goals for a struggling Aberdeen side last year and has been absolutely bombed out by Goodwin. 

Better than Moult. 

1 minute ago, hm123fc said:

Louis Moult according to the BBC

Didn't think that was right when The Sun broke the story. Being positive he knows the league and if he can re-capture his form at Motherwell he'll be a huge success.

jamboinglasgow
28 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Rumours, rumours, rumours.  There are no rumours out there hence the agitation on this thread. What happened last years bears no relevance to what will happen today or tomorrow. 

Yup, that is playing a big part. People dont like silence as they fear the worst. 

Ricardo Quaresma

It's a moot point now, but Boyce was starting to really pick up and I'm pissed off that many, many posters have conveniently dialled it back 2 games to stick the boot in, just after he's been laid up for several months

Anything you write is irrelevant, he' out for a very long time, move on

In for Ramirez, missed out on Mikey Johnston and offered a young Bournemouth CB according to Banderson.

A deeply worrying update tbh! Bring back the silence.

Edited by DC_92

Auldreekie1874

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I think that is questionable we have:

1 a soft as shite right side of defence.

2 Zero creativity midfield pairing of Haring Devlin which needs changed next game I’d drop the both of them if possible, but it isn’t.

3 now there’s no number 10 but a poacher up front who needs one.

4 a couple of hot and cold wingers who appear to be low on confidence 

For me we are in trouble for the battle for 3rd if we don’t make 2 or 3 signings today. Yes we have a few new players and a few kids who might help to fill these gaps but reinforcements/ alternatives are needed. 

How clear were we in third last season? And though not as much as would have liked we have strengthened the squad since then. I am not saying we are shoo-ins for third just we are good enough. Possibly not if we spend the next two months focusing on a European dream.

Moult and Ramirez eh?  Worth the seethe.  Both would do as extra bodies tbh.  Obviously we need Moult or anyone else fit and available.  We really need numbers.

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Exactly. Its almost like people's expectations are too high for reality.

Ricardo Quaresma
4 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

It was a tongue in cheek statement and I obviously love the fact we’re on the European stage but **** me it’s done something to folk. Stress levels seem to be higher than ever, it’s quite weird!

Well, I stated a few days ago, the patient approach is brutal on us fans, it really is and I hope we don't need so many players in subsequent windows 😄

4 minutes ago, Chong said:

I'm certain Boyce would have made a huge difference last night. Effort and desire was the problem, certainly in the second half, that is never an issue with Boyce. Yeah his assists and goal scoring record recently haven't been good enough but his general play will be missed, unless replaced, for his time out. Big big loss and a key component, it was very evident last night.

I must be the only one who regularly sees Boyce 

1. Take a poor first touch and lose possession

2. Turn into an opponent and lose possession

3. Over hit or under hit or misdirect a pass and lose possession

4. Fail to take a strike at goal when it was clearly the thing to do.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, DC_92 said:

In for Ramirez, missed out on Mikey Johnston and offered a young Bournemouth CB according to Banderson.

A deeply worrying update tbh!

Horrific if true.

On the general situation, being better than last year has to be the objective, I dont see that we are to be honest. To do that we need 3 through the middle from back to front of a better standard

Just now, Victorian said:

Moult and Ramirez eh?  Worth the seethe.  Both would do as extra bodies tbh.  Obviously we need Moult or anyone else fit and available.  We really need numbers.

Ramirez would be a good short term signing imo. 

Leveins Battalion

Why enquire about Mikey Johnstone now?He's been sitting on his arse all Summer and now he is on a flight to Portugal we go for him?

****ing madness.

Ricardo Quaresma
4 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

There is a cup to be won though. Only one of two chances for silverware.

Yes, but trying to grab them all would probably result in getting none; the big cup is critical to Europe, in all probability

League cup is just not as important

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Exactly. Its almost like people's expectations are too high for reality.

There’s no almost. 

Fxxx the SPFL
30 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

So the consensus is that today we will either sign some players or we won’t. Should be fun…

nail on the head Dave

Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

Why enquire about Mikey Johnstone now?He's been sitting on his arse all Summer and now he is on a flight to Portugal we go for him?

****ing madness.

Screams of desperation 

We have had all summer to improve on the positions and gaps that have existed all this time 

No whelms at all with those players mentioned but we need bodies in 🤷‍♂️ we have had a good window at the start but the last couple of weeks have really been poor

Ricardo Quaresma
5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

This is going to be a very, very, very long day :facepalm:

It is, I have to go to bed and see what, if anything, we have added by then 😄

Just now, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Horrific if true.

On the general situation, being better than last year has to be the objective, I dont see that we are to be honest. To do that we need 3 through the middle from back to front of a better standard

We've just signed Kiomourtzoglou so just two then? I still think we need a winger on top of that. Gino flatters to deceive and GMS (although showing signs of improvement) just isn't good enough imo

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Loaning players from Celtic and Aberdeen, that's pure desperado stuff from Hearts. They've had months to sort this out. 

It certainly smacks of cluster**** on 1st September you are scrambling to fill 3 roles you have known about for months

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Ramirez would be a good short term signing imo. 

Yep.  Simply as a reasonable CF if Shankland is out or rested.  Ramirez isn't likely to fit into where Boyce was.  It's pure and simple cover for Shankland.

Ramirez would be a good signing, he done well there last season.

Johnston always looks like a player who has great potential to me.  If he signed for another SPL club and done well, there would questions asked as to why we’re not making these types of signing.

I still think there will be long term signing target that comes out of left field before the day is up.

3 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

It's a moot point now, but Boyce was starting to really pick up and I'm pissed off that many, many posters have conveniently dialled it back 2 games to stick the boot in, just after he's been laid up for several months

He played half a game against Ross County before his injury, and you're claiming that as evidence he was really starting to pick up?

He was honking against Zurich, people are at most dialing it back 50 minutes.

It's awful for the guy, anyone taking pleasure from him being out is a moron...but his injury doesn't change that he'd been really poor for a long time. Anyone saying otherwise is conveniently dialling it back over 6 months imo.

So it turns out there is no carefully-crafted recruitment masterplan and we're scrambling around on deadline day looking to bring in cast offs from our main rivals?

:notsure:

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

There’s no almost. 

True.

This thread also has the reek of shopping in the supermarket when hungry. If we only got a couple of players today, won on Saturday and saw players coming back, there would not be the same panic. 

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Yep.  Simply as a reasonable CF if Shankland is out or rested.  Ramirez isn't likely to fit into where Boyce was.  It's pure and simple cover for Shankland.

Agree. Probably one of these guys that eventually pisses everyone off round about him but short term he'll get us goals.

Ainsley Harriott
9 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Christian Ramirez 

****ing grim Hearts.

Scored 15 last season. I think you might need to review your expectation level.

7 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Listening to Gowser on SATF & he basically said that Boyce was verbally coaching the midfield & front line throughout the entire game vs St Johnstone. 

Looks like that was missing last night. 

Transfer window has been open for ages to strengthen and boost our squad.

Looks like we are getting close to picking up what's not wanted by others, I hope not.

Earlier signings were so promising too.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, GinRummy said:

We've just signed Kiomourtzoglou so just two then? I still think we need a winger on top of that. Gino flatters to deceive and GMS (although showing signs of improvement) just isn't good enough imo

Kio is not a playmaker, though seems to me we are not bothered about someone from the middle that can cut teams open and it will be done from the wings. 

If that is the case, yeah, that wont happen, however Ramirez and Shankland are very much the same type, its penalty box, No.10 is a big concern for me, it was with Boyce available.

Really we shouldnt be talking about this today, seems we cant see the wood for the trees and have confused ourselves.

Loans have worked for us, and probably need to work for us for some time to come based on this window, but not from our own League

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Scored 15 last season. I think you might need to review your expectation level.

👍🏽

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***