• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

If Ramirez comes in he competes/rotates with Shankland and he will compete 15 goals tells you that what he doesn't do is replace Boyce imo.We still need someone there we have Grant who might do it but we need someone that competes with him.

Then we need a centreback and lastly a winger but I think the winger is the last one we should be trying to bring in.

Edited by vegas-voss

25 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Bit like last minute Xmas shopping, take anything even if it's overpriced. 

The folk losing it on here are probably the same folk banjoing each other for Blaupunkt TVs on Black Friday. 

Just now, vegas-voss said:

If Ramirez comes in he competes/rotates with Shankland and he will compete 15 goals tes you that what he doesn't do is replace Boyce imo.We still need someone there we have Grant who might do it but we need someone that competes with him.

Then we need a centreback and lastly a winger but I think the winger is the last one we should be trying to bring in.

He has been all over social media saying it is ridiculous that he does not play every week when he is the best striker in Scotland ................. I am not sure he would fancy being a squad rotation player and I do not think we would want to pay big wages for a player who is a rotation option either

Leveins Battalion
Just now, eck1874 said:

I fully expect us to get in 1/2 max today and then look at who is available on the loan market out of contract come tomorrow

Why?we can't loan anybody after midnight,Pointless looking tommorrow.

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

Ramirez has not even been making the Aberdeen match day squads 🤣

He’s fallen out with Goodwin. It isn’t performance related. 

Fumbling about looking for reasons to be negative as per 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, vegas-voss said:

Evening news saying we have been offered an EPL player no idea who though.

Centre back from Bournemouth, England u21 James Hill

13 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I think the wages will be the stumbling block for us, he's on a hefty salary at the sheep and they'll want pretty much all of it covered, especially if going to their main rivals. If we do cover his wages, we also risk strengthening the sheep also, because it frees up significant budget for them to sign one or two more to challenge us with, so whilst I agree what he's the type of player we could use right now, I think we'd be seriously playing into their hands financially if we do take him. 

Good  point.    Maybe best to leave them with an unhappy player.    I don't think we're going to sign anyway.    

13 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

This or. We knew Aberdeen wouldn't loan us a player and chances are Celtic would rather give away to Portugal than us so looks like we are attempting but end result is we won't get anyone in 

The Portuguese club have APPARENTLY agreed to pay £2.1 million after a 1 year loan. There is no danger we’re bettering that offer.

2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

He’s fallen out with Goodwin you numb nut. 

If we've enquired about Ramirez and Johnston it does looking as though we're scrambling around a little. At what point in the day do we start considering Nouble, Jordan White or Curtis Main!

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Not at all,not fumbling about i have gave numerous reasons why this move reeks of last minute desparation.

Unlike you who can see no wrong in anything the club do.

Savage has done a lot of mouthing off over the past 2 months or more about quality recruitment, set up, and improving positions. He's now shopping in the Bargin Basement Reject Bin. What happened Joe??

It's no happening pal 🤷‍♂️

45 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

I suspect Joe S has options B,C,D,E.......etc etc that's the contingency no?

Ramirez (if any truth in the rumour) may be option N for all we know? We can't legislate being knocked back by players for all manner of reasons so feel it's harsh on Savage & team

and you think it’s taken until the last few hours of the transfer window for all those knock backs to happen?

we’re now in panic mode basically.

Just now, innerjambo said:

Savage has done a lot of mouthing off over the past 2 months or more about quality recruitment, set up, and improving positions. He's now shopping in the Bargin Basement Reject Bin. What happened Joe??

Haha.  People are mental

I think today may be a good wheat from the chaff type day on jkb.  Only the strongest shall survive.  Can we red X accounts of those who crack for future ref, mods?

RustyRightPeg

Not at all,not fumbling about i have gave numerous reasons why this move reeks of last minute desparation.

Unlike you who can see no wrong in anything the club do.

Or i’m a bit more open minded and have a bit more perspective on how things work in football. 

9 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Only because he's had a fallout with Goodwin. Top scorer last season. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
24 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yes I could totally see us feeding a bit of misdirection to the press so that they dont sniff about what we are really up to too closely 

Yet my head tells me this is wishful thinking since we have reached 1st September with 2 key roles not filled and now following Sunday another emergency position to fill. Not as if we are skint, but yet acting that way

9 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

This. 

He has been out of favour almost from the minute Goodwin arrived there.

9 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

The Portuguese club have APPARENTLY agreed to pay £2.1 million after a 1 year loan. There is no danger we’re bettering that offer.

He will be 32 after the loan. No way they will pay that for a 32 year old?

jamboinglasgow
Just now, Francis Albert said:

6  pages added to the thread in the last hour. 

Summary anyone?

We're all doomed. (and that he has enquired about a loan for Ramierz of Aberdeen and Johnston of Celtic but neither look likely.)

Nelly Terraces
6 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

He’s fallen out with Goodwin you numb nut. 

Sounds like a decent geezer. Anyone who doesn't get on with that james blunt Goodwin must be alright. :lol:

Just now, Francis Albert said:

6  pages added to the thread in the last hour. 

Summary anyone?

Folk don't realise Ramirez isn't playing at aberdeen because he's fallen out with Goodwin and we've been linked with a loan for James Hill, England u-21 Centre half at Bournemouth

Leveins Battalion

Scouting -Darren Mowbray flies out 3 times to watch a guy play for a relegated Macedonian side and he is banging them in.

Us,enquire about Christian Ramirez on deadline day.....Shambles.

Aberdeen are going to take any semi decent offer for Ramirez. Goodwin won't even pick him for a match squad and they're not going to have a player on chunky wages sitting doing nothing when they can get some of his wages covered elsewhere.

8 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Wet knickers. Unreal.

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Scouting -Darren Mowbray flies out 3 times to watch a guy play for a relegated Macedonian side and he is banging them in.

Everything alright? 

2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

He will be 32 after the loan. No way they will pay that for a 32 year old?

Is it a 9 year loan? Mikey Johnston is only 23

Central Belt 1874
2 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Yet my head tells me this is wishful thinking since we have reached 1st September with 2 key roles not filled and now following Sunday another emergency position to fill. Not as if we are skint, but yet acting that way

Will be interesting to hear the clubs official view on why we have been unable to source the right player in a reasonable time frame. I.e money/fees/wages/penny pinching, players unwilling to come etc etc. 

Ye of little faith.

Change your wet undies and relax.

Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

Might end up that way but the way Hearts have kept quiet about potential signings, we may well have 2 - 3 quality signings "in the bag" and will be announcing them later on today. Who knows 🤷‍♂️

August Landmesser
8 minutes ago, Carter said:

If we've enquired about Ramirez and Johnston it does looking as though we're scrambling around a little. At what point in the day do we start considering Nouble, Jordan White or Curtis Main!

anyone considered the likelihood that we're still working on targets that we identified months ago, and the Ramirez rumour is because we suddenly need cover because of Boyce's injury? It is possible to work on more than one signing at a time...

I can't imagine an urgent signing attempt (where most of the power is with the selling club) has quite the same level of secrecy/discretion as the more considered, carefully scouted ones where we can take our time to make quieter approaches to club/player/agent.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***