*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not being argumentative but those figures, in themselves don’t mean much. Assuming it’s the financial year they don’t take into account this window or most of the rises given to the likes of Kingsley, McKay etc. 

Tbf Figures for this year won't be released yet, you can only go on the latest figures. 

At least it's factual and not slavers and shite. 

Ours will have Increased tho, I've no doubt about that. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

6 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

I sympathise with your dad. Me and my mates are early 70’s and have both seen Hearts lead the league only to lose it on last game of the season twice. My view is we need to be more ambitious in our signing policy and in how the club financially  backs the team. We are not in the same position financially post Vlad and this penny pinching cautious approach isn’t working.

We wrapped up third in February last season immediately after being promoted and are playing in a European group stage for the first time in 15 years. Regardless of whether it's "penny pinching," how exactly is it not working?

If you mean challenging the OF for the title, that has to happen when the OF are off their stride a bit, which happens in cycles. They're both quite strong now, both being in the CL group stages (albeit getting flogged there so far, but still).

4 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Our budget is lower than Aberdeen’s despite us having a higher income. 

My understanding is that Aberdeen somehow have higher non-football income, or perhaps it's that they have more corporate sponsorships with their position in the oil industry. At any rate, as of a few years ago before the demotion, Aberdeen's total firm turnover was just a notch higher than ours.

Our standard ticket revenue is higher of course but that's not the only way to make money. One reason we're putting something in on the second floor to add revenue.

4 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I think the physio has enough work to do.

True.  Seemingly smashed his motor this morning on the way to sign for Wigan too. 

1 minute ago, Led Tasso said:

We wrapped up third in February last season immediately after being promoted and are playing in a European group stage for the first time in 15 years. Regardless of whether it's "penny pinching," how exactly is it not working?

If you mean challenging the OF for the title, that has to happen when the OF are off their stride a bit, which happens in cycles. They're both quite strong now, both being in the CL group stages (albeit getting flogged there so far, but still).

My understanding is that Aberdeen somehow have higher non-football income, or perhaps it's that they have more corporate sponsorships with their position in the oil industry. At any rate, as of a few years ago before the demotion, Aberdeen's total firm turnover was just a notch higher than ours.

Our standard ticket revenue is higher of course but that's not the only way to make money. One reason we're putting something in on the second floor to add revenue.

Ah, the mythical second floor. 😄

Just now, Led Tasso said:

We have James Anderson money, commercial money the Foundation money, European money and season ticket money.  I would be gobsmacked if their corporate sponsorships come anywhere close to the amount we are making. 

3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

When you see it laid out like that, I'm....

image.jpeg.d382fe686983bb80cb1207220208f795.jpeg

5th floor sounds cracking and about time the wimmins team earned their crust imho

The womens side should generate there own budget why should part of my money go to finance a side I have no interest in

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Tbf Figures for this year won't be released yet, you can only go on the latest figures. 

At least it's factual and not slavers and shite. 

Ours will have Increased tho, I've no doubt about that. 

Well that’s the thing. Not criticising the poster but we’re having a discussion about this season based on last seasons figures. A season where we had come up from the championship. Not sure of the value of that tbh. 

2 hours ago, Bauld said:

First I'm hearing of it so cheers :laugh2:

Well that is your fault for just reading the last page, instead of endless pages of drivel, trolls & complete fabrications.

11 minutes ago, 1874Jambo said:

The womens side should generate there own budget why should part of my money go to finance a side I have no interest in

The club is progressive and want to support the community, not just men's football. 

Imagine we didn't do the philanthropy bit, perhaps James Anderson doesn't come on board and we don't get the benefit of the many millions he's put in to the club.  

Who knows, one day the women's team may generate decent revenue, but it seems like the right thing to support the enterprise is in its embryonic stage.  Perhaps we'll attract other investors who like what we do as a community club.  Not just rhetoric, actually backing it up. 

Edited by EH11

32 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

We have James Anderson money, commercial money the Foundation money, European money and season ticket money.  I would be gobsmacked if their corporate sponsorships come anywhere close to the amount we are making. 

I don't know how the Anderson money works out, but immediately before the pandemic they were turning over close to £16m per annum. (https://www.afc.co.uk/2020/11/20/2019-20-financial-update/) I don't know how they get there, but pre-demotion our turnover was just a bit over £12m (https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/annual-report-financial-statements-1-2). We can speculate until the sun sets about where that difference comes from but it's plainly there in each club's financial statement. We are still very much playing catch-up with them financially.

9 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

I don't know how the Anderson money works out, but immediately before the pandemic they were turning over close to £16m per annum. (https://www.afc.co.uk/2020/11/20/2019-20-financial-update/) I don't know how they get there, but pre-demotion our turnover was just a bit over £12m (https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/annual-report-financial-statements-1-2). We can speculate until the sun sets about where that difference comes from but it's plainly there in each club's financial statement. We are still very much playing catch-up with them financially.

Good post.  Thanks.

49 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Yes and we’re doing great in the Europa Conference 😔. I simply can’t believe that people think we are doing well. Our transfer policy is weak despite the bluster of many. Our current team is struggling to score, our defence is grim and it’s fairly obvious that we are lacking the spark of last season. Sill we did well beating StJohnstone at home 3-2. To succeed you need to speculate.

Edited by OldGorgie

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Zone 7 verified results:

4. Tell us which data you used and how you collected it.

So here, it gets rather technical. In simple terms, we used data on past injuries, heart rate data, team schedule data, distance covered at various speeds, accelerations and decelerations, and more. In short, a mountain of data, too big to analyze with a spreadsheet.

5. And what were the results?

During the 19/20 season, players suffered over 30 injuries (we are excluding exact numbers to maintain anonymity). Zone7 retrospective analysis shows our platform could have detected 72% of all injuries up to a week in advance. Of the detected injuries 76% would have gotten a “High Risk” tag – meaning, there is a very high probability this injury will indeed occur.

6. How serious were those injuries Zone7 detected?

They accounted for over 600 lost-man-days – days the players did not play or practice --  or almost two-thirds of total absences.

7. What types of injuries did the Zone7 algorithm correctly identify?

The platform performed well in detecting risk for lower extremity injuries – ankle and hamstring [tendons and muscles on the back of the thigh] – highly common in football/soccer. 100% of these injuries were detected in time. For knee and lower leg injuries, 50 % of the injuries were detected – but for those that were, 100% were correctly tagged as risk of a knee or lower leg injury.

13 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

At last a touch of reality

43 minutes ago, 1874Jambo said:

Dont worry, i told them to take twice as much from my ticket money for the womens team, so they don't need to take any from yours

scott herbertson
19 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

I believe that was gone through when the last sets of accounts were looked at by people who know their stuff on here. IIRC the main difference was that at that point Aberdeen's catering etc were all in house so it showed all their staff costs and their turnover (sales not profit) hence  a big chunk of the difference

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Dont worry, i told them to take twice as much from my ticket money for the womens team, so they don't need to take any from yours

I have told them not to take any of mine off for the main stand. I have no intention of ever using it. I'm only subsidising the Wheatfield  stand and the toilets.

I've also asked them not to switch the toilets on until just before kick off time as we usually get there with seconds to spare

1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

I have told them not to take any of mine off for the main stand. I have no intention of ever using it. I'm only subsidising the Wheatfield  stand and the toilets.

I've also asked them not to switch the toilets on until just before kick off time as we usually get there with seconds to spare

And can someone explain why I've paid for 2 massive tellys but I can only see one? And don't get me started on the handicapped toilets.

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Well that’s the thing. Not criticising the poster but we’re having a discussion about this season based on last seasons figures. A season where we had come up from the championship. Not sure of the value of that tbh. 

Well very few businesses will go for an increase of 5-10 % over previous years results.

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

You crack on, I don’t want to fund a team for women that I have no interest in, let them fund themselves and make all the signings they want from there own funds

2 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

In terms of transfer kitty size, we are probably playing financial catch up when considering that our competitors received a  £3m Scottish Government "Covid" loan whilst we only received £500k.

Demotion was a bit of a disaster. 

10 hours ago, DC_92 said:

It's only been a couple of weeks since we announced him. Miovski, Rowles, Youan etc. took a fair bit longer. Some have been over a month.

Not really. Almost no-one a Scottish club signs will qualify automatically.

You've got Ayr United signing uncapped Congolese guys and Hibs signing a guy from the Gambian league. No chance Kio won't get one.

Watch the fort william documentary on bbc iplayer. A few african players never played or been to the uk before

14 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

In terms of transfer kitty size, we are probably playing financial catch up when considering that our competitors received a  £3m Scottish Government "Covid" loan whilst we only received £500k.

Yeah thats true too. 

29 minutes ago, 1874Jambo said:

You crack on, I don’t want to fund a team for women that I have no interest in, let them fund themselves and make all the signings they want from there own funds

Deal with it.

It's happening (correctly imo) and you getting pissed off with it, is not going change it.

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, Jingle Bells said:

I’m not so sure, they all have to pay their covid loans back, we don’t as it was a grant, albeit they get 20 years to do so. 

1 hour ago, 1874Jambo said:

Go and help that village get back to it’s full, and proper, population.

Good lad,  👍

21 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I’m not so sure, they all have to pay their covid loans back, we don’t as it was a grant, albeit they get 20 years to do so. 

It's easy to lose perspective when it comes to millions, but that still works out at £2,884 a week they have to pay back, for 2 decades.

It'll likely be more than Ross County's highest earner!

I think this is why I got so frustrated about the stand build, people didn't seem to appreciate how massive an 8 figure overspend was to a club of our size.

18 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Good lad,  👍

I can see where he's coming from, and I wonder if the budget of 100k per season has been increased? I know the 100k, was to kit out all the youth teams too so wasn't against it as such but when do the womans team start making their own revenue?

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Good lad,  👍

🤣🤣👍

4 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Yes and we’re doing great in the Europa Conference 😔. I simply can’t believe that people think we are doing well. Our transfer policy is weak despite the bluster of many. Our current team is struggling to score, our defence is grim and it’s fairly obvious that we are lacking the spark of last season. Sill we did well beating StJohnstone at home 3-2. To succeed you need to speculate.

We've played one match in our conference group, against the top seeded team. It wasn't exactly a must-win.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, no one thinks our league form is great right at the moment, but it's hard to say it's a reflection of our signing policy when three of our signings haven't kicked a ball and another had arrived the night before at our last league game. We had a similarly dire run last February and still snoozed our way to third.

If the current form keeps up, yes, we're in for a very worrisome season. Now I can't say I know for sure that that won't happen, but I think the chances of us dragging on like this are pretty low.

2 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Well very few businesses will go for an increase of 5-10 % over previous years results.

Don’t know too much about the finance side of football so fair enough.

5 hours ago, 1874Jambo said:

Are people like you just permanently raging, and not happy unless you're unhappy? 

The women's team takes up small change in terms of our overall finances, and if it helps new supporters feel part of the overall club, I am all for it.  We do our best to have as much "Hearts" as we possibly can, be that the men's team, the women's team, the reserve team, the youth team and academies, or whatever else we do, and yet you are unhappy because some pennies are being "diverted" to people that have just as much right to play for Hearts as the starting XI in the men's team. 

They will have their own revenue streams, own sponsors, own budget. Sorry, but your £500 season ticket doesn't even factor into the conversation about the overall budget of the club or how it is divided up.  Even if it did, what are you going to do, pay 1/8th of a weeks wages for one player? Magical. 

Get with the times, it's how things are being done now, and if you're unhappy with it, sod off and support someone else.  

4 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

I believe that was gone through when the last sets of accounts were looked at by people who know their stuff on here. IIRC the main difference was that at that point Aberdeen's catering etc were all in house so it showed all their staff costs and their turnover (sales not profit) hence  a big chunk of the difference

That makes a degree of sense, although even if that's the case it shows we're definitely not leagues ahead of them financially. I can't imagine their store turnover is somehow more than £4m.

jamboinglasgow
27 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

We've played one match in our conference group, against the top seeded team. It wasn't exactly a must-win.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, no one thinks our league form is great right at the moment, but it's hard to say it's a reflection of our signing policy when three of our signings haven't kicked a ball and another had arrived the night before at our last league game. We had a similarly dire run last February and still snoozed our way to third.

If the current form keeps up, yes, we're in for a very worrisome season. Now I can't say I know for sure that that won't happen, but I think the chances of us dragging on like this are pretty low.

The daft thing with the league, say we managed to hold out 30 seconds longer against Hibs then we would be 2 points clear in 3rd. I think our league form has been fine, we have won all our home games, drew against Hibs, and lost against Celtic and Livi. A loss is still a loss but I thought we showed ourselves well against Celtic away which is the hardest ground to play at. The Livi game is the only bad performance we have had in the league so far. The problem is that it came right after the Killie League cup game which makes it seem even worse.

3 hours ago, 1874Jambo said:

You don't fund anything.  You pay money for your season ticket to watch the team 18 games per season.  What that money goes to is absolutely nothing of your concern. 

4 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

The daft thing with the league, say we managed to hold out 30 seconds longer against Hibs then we would be 2 points clear in 3rd. I think our league form has been fine, we have won all our home games, drew against Hibs, and lost against Celtic and Livi. A loss is still a loss but I thought we showed ourselves well against Celtic away which is the hardest ground to play at. The Livi game is the only bad performance we have had in the league so far. The problem is that it came right after the Killie League cup game which makes it seem even worse.

Good post. I keep forgetting that the Killie game wasn't in the league. Regardless, it's fair to say that we can't keep playing like that and stay in the top 4. I don't think we will.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Good post. I keep forgetting that the Killie game wasn't in the league. Regardless, it's fair to say that we can't keep playing like that and stay in the top 4. I don't think we will.

Tbf, if we won all our home games and drew sone away we probably would!

The livi game was a stinker but if you swap in 5/6 or our first team picks that's a different game. 

The lc-I've just gave up on it. 

We shouldn't enter it, we are an absolute shambles in that tournament. 

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Tbf, if we won all our home games and drew sone away we probably would!

The livi game was a stinker but if you swap in 5/6 or our first team picks that's a different game. 

The lc-I've just gave up on it. 

We shouldn't enter it, we are an absolute shambles in that tournament. 

Yeah some sense breaking out on this thread.  Which worries me!

People worrying about league form.  We've been bad once.  Hibs could've shoul've done better but we played OK - deal with that throw in, no one remembers the last 10 mins where sat too deep.  The other 80 mins were fine and we should have put them away, 2 or 3 goals clear.

Celtic, we did good really.  They got lucky.  Could've gone another way.  Look at the team we had oot that day!!

Rest of the games, inconsistency within the games but we've got the job done.

Killie, ach, we started well in the game and their against the run of play goal knocked the stuffing out of us.  Confidence is a bit low and all our leaders are on the side lines.  Due back soon enough/already back.

I've just no worries.  Halkett coming back and breaking down my only concern but every team on earth won't want their best 2 or 3 players injured!

We're fine as it is but if Humphrys does well and Kio comes in and is good, then add some Snoddy magic, we're actually golden man!

14 hours ago, 1874Jambo said:

god damn women!!!!

image.png.36732aac60356ea7014d810846fe2008.png

12 hours ago, 1874Jambo said:

I've told you, it's fine.  Your money isn't going to them - I've spotted you for it out of my Hearts money.  I like women - I kinda like all types of people - so happy to do so.

You can now rest easy knowing your money goes to men, swearing, pies and pyros (lads lads lads!!) and I'm happy cos i like being a woke snowflake millenial, who's frankly probably hiding something.

We're all good mate.

27 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Yeah some sense breaking out on this thread.  Which worries me!

People worrying about league form.  We've been bad once.  Hibs could've shoul've done better but we played OK - deal with that throw in, no one remembers the last 10 mins where sat too deep.  The other 80 mins were fine and we should have put them away, 2 or 3 goals clear.

Celtic, we did good really.  They got lucky.  Could've gone another way.  Look at the team we had oot that day!!

Rest of the games, inconsistency within the games but we've got the job done.

Killie, ach, we started well in the game and their against the run of play goal knocked the stuffing out of us.  Confidence is a bit low and all our leaders are on the side lines.  Due back soon enough/already back.

I've just no worries.  Halkett coming back and breaking down my only concern but every team on earth won't want their best 2 or 3 players injured!

We're fine as it is but if Humphrys does well and Kio comes in and is good, then add some Snoddy magic, we're actually golden man!

Correct.

Certain posters are desperate to make things out to be-far worse than they actually are.

Then on the back of that narrative drive another against Savage and Neilson.

We have some howlers on here ably backed up by a sprinkling of spoon burners desperately driving false information passing it off as fact.

One of them even came out with “Savage and Neilson have fallen out”.

2 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Correct.

Certain posters are desperate to make things out to be-far worse than they actually are.

Then on the back of that narrative drive another against Savage and Neilson.

We have some howlers on here ably backed up by a sprinkling of spoon burners desperately driving false information passing it off as fact.

One of them even came out with “Savage and Neilson have fallen out”.

tbf I heard they'd had a falling out too.

It's OK though, they've agreed that if Robbie simply lables his packed lunch, Joe will know not to touch it and Robbie won't now miss his daily umbongo which to be fair does make him cranky when he's not had it.  The club provide play-pieces for all the lads but Robbie brings his own cos he prefers Morrisons, was all honest mistake in the end.

This sort of stuff goes on at football clubs all the time behind closed doors and I persoanally don't think it's a bad thing - shows they have passion imo.

14 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

god damn women!!!!

image.png.36732aac60356ea7014d810846fe2008.png

😂😂😂

Wish these folk would get with the times. The women's team budget it miniscule compared to the mens. Some of their players are unpaid. If we folded them tomorrow and gave all their money to the mens team it wouldn't make a jot of difference. They also have their own sponsors and income so highly doubtful that they take any kind of meaningful resources at all away from the men's team. 

Edited by Batistuta87

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

😂😂😂

Wish these folk would get with the times. The women's team budget it miniwdul compared to the mens. If we folded them tomorrow and gave all their money to the mens team it wouldn't make a jot of difference. They also have their own sponsors and income so highly doubtful that they take any kind of meaningful resources at all away from the men's team. 

indeed. am sure there's a ton of other stuff we do for / with the community that we also contribute to - and has already been said, most likely attracts people & their money coming in.