*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 hours ago, Bauld said:

I've had this in my head all the time.

Robbie loves to sign a big unit of a striker in January to help push us over the line.

Would be interesting if we went down another route and signed someone like the lad we wanted from SK.

Erm, both?

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

2 hours ago, Bauld said:

Robbie loves to sign a big unit of a striker in January to help push us over the line.

Would be interesting if we went down another route and signed someone like the lad we wanted from SK.

Push us over the line for more eye-bleeding fitbaw. Humphrys looks like he could be that 'big' striker, i'm hoping the japanese lad is good.

jamboinglasgow
2 hours ago, Bauld said:

Considering all the talk about Asian players and that being a market we have been looking at, I would be amazed if we didn't sign (at least attempt to sign) a player from either South Korea or Japan in January.

It seems that unless you have big money, January is the best time to sign a player from those leagues as their seasons run March to November, thus teams are reluctant to lose players mid season in the summer. I hope we have learned lessons from trying to sign Ogashiwa and Seung-Woo (still think we will try and sign the later.) I suspect we would have to make bids before the window opens for the work permit to go through in time. I also think if we know we have money to spend due to European football then it allows us to have better luck than last time in signing.

18 minutes ago, leeumboyce said:

Push us over the line for more eye-bleeding fitbaw. Humphrys looks like he could be that 'big' striker, i'm hoping the japanese lad is good.

Might not always look good but unlike your wee diddy team we'll finish 3rd and enjoy European adventures again next season. 

I notice Lee isn't in the latest Korea squad. With only 5 games left of the season and Suwon in the bottom half, it seems very unlikely he'll make the World Cup squad.

I'd guess that probably boosts our chances of signing him.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
12 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

I notice Lee isn't in the latest Korea squad. With only 5 games left of the season and Suwon in the bottom half, it seems very unlikely he'll make the World Cup squad.

I'd guess that probably boosts our chances of signing him.

Maybe he’s shit? 😂😂

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 hour ago, leeumboyce said:

🤔 Something smells in Denmark 🤔

Edited by HeartsandonlyHearts

1 hour ago, Bauld said:

Might not always look good but unlike your wee diddy team we'll finish 3rd and enjoy European adventures again next season. 

You're assuming something silly...

6 minutes ago, leeumboyce said:

You're assuming something silly...

Well you joined in February and that was only your 30th post.

If you come on here with a blank account and spend months silent only to come out with pish like that when you do speak.....You definitely give off a whiff of vermin.

2 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Well you joined in February and that was only your 30th post.

If you come on here with a blank account and spend months silent only to come out with pish like that when you do speak.....You definitely give off a whiff of vermin.

I have another account, I cannae mind the password for it.

I play football with @PTBCAL on a Tuesday that narrows it down a wee bit 

1 minute ago, leeumboyce said:

I have another account, I cannae mind the password for it.

I play football with @PTBCAL on a Tuesday that narrows it down a wee bit 

Reset the password :)

2 hours ago, leeumboyce said:

Simms made your eyes bleed ?

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Simms made your eyes bleed ?

Shelling a baw long made my eyes bleed, as does passing it sideways. Play forwards, we've got 2 of the most creative players in the league. 

2 hours ago, Aussie Jambo said:

How’s this thread still going? Windae is shut and we won’t be getting anyone else in now  🙄

200.gif

Out of contract players brah!

7 hours ago, leeumboyce said:

Shelling a baw long made my eyes bleed, as does passing it sideways. Play forwards, we've got 2 of the most creative players in the league. 

We did not shell the ball long to Simms very often and our passing is more often than not forwards ……….. no idea what you have been watching 

8 hours ago, leeumboyce said:

See all these goals we've been scoring?

That's because we never pass the ball forwards, isn't it?

Back to remedial school for you.

8 hours ago, leeumboyce said:

Where do you stand on “tippy-tappy” football?

42 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

See all these goals we've been scoring?

That's because we never pass the ball forwards, isn't it?

Back to remedial school for you.

It is particularly impressive that Devlin and McKay see so much of the ball when we shell it long to the big man up top ………….. always heartens me to see them running on to the pitch Cammy on stilts and Barrie with a footstool under his arm

Ricardo Quaresma
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

😂 excellent. 

I actually do want him to punt the tops; a link on his YouTube page, that's the sweet spot

Does our club site have a Korean version? There you go 😄

7 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I actually do want him to punt the tops; a link on his YouTube page, that's the sweet spot

Does our club site have a Korean version? There you go 😄

Apparently:-

적갈색 저지에 피가 보이지 않는다
jeoggalsaeg jeojie piga boiji anhneunda

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

Apparently:-

적갈색 저지에 피가 보이지 않는다
jeoggalsaeg jeojie piga boiji anhneunda

:spoton:

13 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Hearts make flag plea to fans ahead of competitive ...

#bringbackthatflag

(The, ahem, traditional ancient Korean version does have a certain Oriental brevity, though)

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

It is particularly impressive that Devlin and McKay see so much of the ball when we shell it long to the big man up top ………….. always heartens me to see them running on to the pitch Cammy on stilts and Barrie with a footstool under his arm

We are all Kevin James

👍

12 hours ago, leeumboyce said:

I'm being hounded on this one, not the other one it's shan.

I was only kidding, not hounding you at all. 

I'm not one of those posters who gives a **** about post count or a posters content. 👍

11 minutes ago, EH11 said:

We are all Kevin James

👍

We would be if we all stood on each others shoulders .................. crazy times that , for a while our best attacking tactic was the Neilson long throw at James head

scott herbertson
29 minutes ago, Sooks said:

We would be if we all stood on each others shoulders .................. crazy times that , for a while our best attacking tactic was the Neilson long throw at James head

Big problem was that if you threw it an inch above his head he wasn't getting it as he couldn't get off the ground

38 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Big problem was that if you threw it an inch above his head he wasn't getting it as he couldn't get off the ground

It was just a thoroughly mental time to be a Hearts supporter ............................. the empty champagne bottles had barely been taken away by the bin men and we were fudding around with Petric and James 😄 

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

then we progressed to.......Neilson long throw at Kevin McKenna's head

25 minutes ago, Gav M said:

Ha!

As an aside, isn't it weird that we now NEVER use Smith's long throw.  Even late in games we need a goal, we just don't use it as a tactic.  I'm glad the Levein times when it was our only tactic are gone, but you'd think we'd get the CHs up and get it in the box occasionally, either in games we're the underdog or late in games...

All roads lead to Gorgie
32 minutes ago, Gav M said:

At least The Moose could leap. That sounds like a wine brand 😄

18 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Ha!

As an aside, isn't it weird that we now NEVER use Smith's long throw.  Even late in games we need a goal, we just don't use it as a tactic.  I'm glad the Levein times when it was our only tactic are gone, but you'd think we'd get the CHs up and get it in the box occasionally, either in games we're the underdog or late in games...

His back is fecked and you want him to take long throws?

AllyjamboDerbyshire
26 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Ha!

I never thought his throw was all that long (did it ever reach the front post or level with it?), and seldom, if ever, brought a goal or even a near thing. The time it took him to prepare to take the throw always ensured the defence had plenty of time to prepare and knew exactly what was coming. I'm really glad it appears to be a thing of the past now. 

10 minutes ago, briever said:

His back is fecked and you want him to take long throws?

Hm.  Yep.  Yes, I do.  I want him to really really injure his back.  Hope it hurts.

Just now, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

I never thought his throw was all that long (did it ever reach the front post or level with it?), and seldom, if ever, brought a goal or even a near thing. The time it took him to prepare to take the throw always ensured the defence had plenty of time to prepare and knew exactly what was coming. I'm really glad it appears to be a thing of the past now. 

Yeah, not really saying I want it back as such, just funny it was such a big part of our play and now it's literally zero.  COuldn't tell you the last time we tried to put a long throw in to the box.

Slightly interesting is all.

3 minutes ago, briever said:

We've found Atkinson's JKB login.

Not sure about that his posts are never attacking enough and he is decent at defending his point 😄 

53 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Hm.  Yep.  Yes, I do.  I want him to really really injure his back.  Hope it hurts.

I'm not 'getting' your humour here. The very thought of trying to take a long throw-in is enough to make this fragile-backed poster squirm. In my experience, agony like no other ... and impossible to (properly) cure.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Yeah, not really saying I want it back as such, just funny it was such a big part of our play and now it's literally zero.  COuldn't tell you the last time we tried to put a long throw in to the box.

Slightly interesting is all.

I took it from your post you weren't pining for it, I was just making the point it wasn't ever all that effective and we seem to make more progress (but not great) from taking quicker throw ins before the defenders are able to regroup properly. I suppose with more creative players who can control the ball with their first touch, ball retention from a throw in is seen as the way to go.

10 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

I took it from your post you weren't pining for it, I was just making the point it wasn't ever all that effective and we seem to make more progress (but not great) from taking quicker throw ins before the defenders are able to regroup properly. I suppose with more creative players who can control the ball with their first touch, ball retention from a throw in is seen as the way to go.

Totally mate.  Been a bugbear of mine for years we never take quick throws.  Always seem to let teams get set.  Be great if we could get more of a mindset to see a throw as an opportunity to catch a team on the hop more often.