*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Correct.

Certain posters are desperate to make things out to be-far worse than they actually are.

Then on the back of that narrative drive another against Savage and Neilson.

We have some howlers on here ably backed up by a sprinkling of spoon burners desperately driving false information passing it off as fact.

One of them even came out with “Savage and Neilson have fallen out”.

I heard Savage called him "Bob" and we went mental. 

Said it was disrespectful and it's "Mr Bob" or "Bobmeister". 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

The Old Tolbooth
11 hours ago, Smithee said:

It's easy to lose perspective when it comes to millions, but that still works out at £2,884 a week they have to pay back, for 2 decades.

It'll likely be more than Ross County's highest earner!

I think this is why I got so frustrated about the stand build, people didn't seem to appreciate how massive an 8 figure overspend was to a club of our size.

Thank god for Benny Factor ;) 

The Grim Reaper
50 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Correct.

Certain posters are desperate to make things out to be-far worse than they actually are.

Then on the back of that narrative drive another against Savage and Neilson.

We have some howlers on here ably backed up by a sprinkling of spoon burners desperately driving false information passing it off as fact.

One of them even came out with “Savage and Neilson have fallen out”.

You've made that up haven't you.

Dick Dastardly
14 hours ago, leeumboyce said:

Kio work permit approved yet?

The problem now is trying to get enough glue to stick all the letters in his name on the back of the jersey

Saw an article listing all the players we have out of contract at the end of the season. I haven't included Snodgrass since he's just signed and we haven't seen him play yet (and chances are, he'll maybe be considering retirement at the end of the season anyway)...

Are there any that you'd like to see renewed?

Peter Haring

Liam Boyce

Michael Smith

Gary McKay-Steven

Ross Stewart

Josh Ginnelly

Finlay Pollock

Scott McGill 

Connor Smith 

Euan Henderson 

Aaron Darge 

Having a snoop at other clubs' expiring contracts too and is kinda slim pickings if I'm honest but these guys are all in the same boat and are there any you'd snap up? 

Ian Harkes (Dundee Utd, 27, CM)

Liam Smith (Dundee Utd, 26, RB)

Nicky Devlin (Livingston, 28, RB)

Stephen O'Donnell (Motherwell, 30, RB)

Sean Goss (Motherwell, 26, CM)

Jack Fitzwater (Livingston, 24, CB)

Fraser Murray (Kilmarnock, 23, LW)

Oli Shaw (Kilmarnock, 24, ST)

Ethan Erhahon (St Mirren, 21, DM)

Robbie McCrorie (Rangers, 24, GK)

Alex Iacoviti (Ross County, 25, CB)

Scott Arfield (Rangers, 33, CM)

Initial thoughts are that McCrorie and maybe Fitzwater would be decent additions. Arfield's quality is plain to see as well but no idea what sort of cash he would be after (probably more than we can dream of). That's probably about it from me. Erhahon always looked really good but doesn't seem to have cracked on quite as much as he should have these past couple of seasons. 

15 hours ago, 1874Jambo said:

You crack on, I don’t want to fund a team for women that I have no interest in, let them fund themselves and make all the signings they want from there own funds

Their.

3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Saw an article listing all the players we have out of contract at the end of the season. I haven't included Snodgrass since he's just signed and we haven't seen him play yet (and chances are, he'll maybe be considering retirement at the end of the season anyway)...

Peter Haring

Liam Boyce

Michael Smith

Gary McKay-Steven

Ross Stewart

Josh Ginnelly

Finlay Pollock

Scott McGill 

Connor Smith 

Euan Henderson 

Aaron Darge 

Having a snoop at other clubs' expiring contracts too and is kinda slim pickings if I'm honest but these guys are all in the same boat and are there any you'd snap up? 

Initial thoughts are that McCrorie and maybe Fitzwater would be decent additions. Arfield's quality is plain to see as well but no idea what sort of cash he would be after (probably more than we can dream of). That's probably about it from me. Erhahon always looked really good but doesn't seem to have cracked on quite as much as he should have these past couple of seasons. 

The young lads are only 18-19 I have no real issues with continuing their development. Which makes up the majority of those out of contract.

The ones over 22. I think it's time to move them on to he honest. They've made up the numbers in the squad and guys like Boyce have done a good job but they are also getting on in years and injuries have hampered them.

Depends if there's anything better on the market come next summer.

Of those listed above. Would I take any? No.

I looked at Hibs article as well. They've got more loans than actual contracted players.

9 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Peter Haring

Liam Boyce

Michael Smith

Gary McKay-Steven

Ross Stewart

Josh Ginnelly

Finlay Pollock

Scott McGill 

Connor Smith 

Euan Henderson 

Aaron Darge 

Would like to see Pollock renewed, i like what i have seen when he has had the chance to step up and Boyce (another year) as i believe he could do a job even if it's from the bench.

McCrorie would be a good addition and most folk won't agree but i always though Ollie Shaw had something to offer and is at a good age if he was to come good.

39 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Peter Haring

Liam Boyce

Michael Smith

Gary McKay-Steven

Ross Stewart

Josh Ginnelly

Finlay Pollock

Scott McGill 

Connor Smith 

Euan Henderson 

Aaron Darge 

Only really Pollock and C Smith stand out for me, though I've liked what I've seen of Darge and McGill too.  So other than the kids, I think the rest could be let go really.

Wonder how much that plays in to this season's recruitment - knowing we'll have 6 or 7 seasoned 1st team players leaving at end of season.  We're about up to the right number squad wise, so plan would be to make sure we replace like for like with better (have we already done so Pete < Kio type thing).

The wingers jump out at me, got to think the club are scouting the absolute shit out of potential forwards of all types

53 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Peter Haring

Liam Boyce

Michael Smith

Gary McKay-Steven

Ross Stewart

Josh Ginnelly

Finlay Pollock

Scott McGill 

Connor Smith 

Euan Henderson 

Aaron Darge 

No objection to hanging on to the lads who are 20 or under, although they really need to be showing this season that they have the chops to be first-team players at Hearts.

For the rest, including Henderson, it's probably time for them to be moving on.

43 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Only really Pollock and C Smith stand out for me, though I've liked what I've seen of Darge and McGill too.  So other than the kids, I think the rest could be let go really.

Wonder how much that plays in to this season's recruitment - knowing we'll have 6 or 7 seasoned 1st team players leaving at end of season.  We're about up to the right number squad wise, so plan would be to make sure we replace like for like with better (have we already done so Pete < Kio type thing).

The wingers jump out at me, got to think the club are scouting the absolute shit out of potential forwards of all types

Pollock has looked good everytime I have seen him and I don't know why he hasn't had more chances from the bench.

We as a club seem to have a real problem progressing prospects in general.Really seems like a hard place to progress as a player after you reach a certain level apart from the odd exception.I sometimes think expectation levels from the fans make it hard for our young players as well but we have strong experienced players in pretty much every area to help them through like we haven't had for a good while.

2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Pollock has looked good everytime I have seen him and I don't know why he hasn't had more chances from the bench.

We as a club seem to have a real problem progressing prospects in general.Really seems like a hard place to progress as a player after you reach a certain level apart from the odd exception.I sometimes think expectation levels from the fans make it hard for our young players as well but we have strong experienced players in pretty much every area to help them through like we haven't had for a good while.

I've enjoyed seeing Smith play this season and think without massive impact he's held himself well (other than bouncing off Okaka, but who wouldn't!!!!)

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Good to introduce when on top of games but that hasn't happened in a long long time. 

15 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

The daft thing with the league, say we managed to hold out 30 seconds longer against Hibs then we would be 2 points clear in 3rd. I think our league form has been fine, we have won all our home games, drew against Hibs, and lost against Celtic and Livi. A loss is still a loss but I thought we showed ourselves well against Celtic away which is the hardest ground to play at. The Livi game is the only bad performance we have had in the league so far. The problem is that it came right after the Killie League cup game which makes it seem even worse.

If you think we are doing fine then Try looking at the highlights of the Ross County game or the one against St Johnstone. Both games we could easily have lost. Add in losing a goal in last minute against Hibs. The Livi game and the Killie game. 

2 hours ago, Cut The Crap said:

Henderson was looking good in preseason off the back of a good loan spell last season. I think realistically he needs to be looking at a loan move in Jan with a view to getting a permanent move when his deal expires as he's not going to get his chance with us.

13 minutes ago, RS86 said:

Henderson was looking good in preseason off the back of a good loan spell last season. I think realistically he needs to be looking at a loan move in Jan with a view to getting a permanent move when his deal expires as he's not going to get his chance with us.

Yeah, he's clearly not trusted by the management.

Needs to move on to make a career for himself, which he undoubtedly can as Liam Smith has shown.

26 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

If you think we are doing fine then Try looking at the highlights of the Ross County game or the one against St Johnstone. Both games we could easily have lost. Add in losing a goal in last minute against Hibs. The Livi game and the Killie game. 

I was at all the games you mention, so no need to look at the highlights.

We were poor against Kilmarnock and terrible against Livingston.

However, 15 shots to Ross County's 12 (4-3 on target) and 27 shots to St Johnstone's 9 (6-5 on target) suggest your first sentence is nonsense. Last minute goal against Hibs when the game should've been out of sight (6-3 on target) was gutting, but we didn't play badly.

You must be a great laugh on a night out🤣

3 hours ago, Cut The Crap said:

No objection to hanging on to the lads who are 20 or under, although they really need to be showing this season that they have the chops to be first-team players at Hearts.

Pretty much in agreement with this I think. Pollock is the one I'd probably be speaking to now to try and get him tied down. The others have shown some promise but like you say, need to step up and and earn themselves a new deal. I've liked the look of C Smith so far this season. Was good in pre-season and looks to have bulked up a bit and has been putting himself about. Was getting stuck in against some lads twice his size v Killie and Livi but didn't get a lot of time on the ball which is where he'll shine for me. Henderson is on his last chance and I don't think will be renewed. Just haven't seen enough from him. That said, it'll be hard for him to prove himself when he's only getting chucked on for the last 15mins here and there and when he's played only 10mins in his last four appearances but anyway... Might be a good player for someone like Motherwell / Killie / Livi to pick up. 

Interesting Jan/Summer ahead if Haring, Boyce, Smith etc all leave. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Wouldn’t keep any of our out of contract players to be honest

If Joe gets his act together we could add some quality with that extra cash

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Aye we could get a team that skooshes to 3rd, gets to finals and secures european group stage football. 

If only.... 

6 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Peter Haring

Liam Boyce

Michael Smith

Gary McKay-Steven

Ross Stewart

Josh Ginnelly

Finlay Pollock

Scott McGill 

Connor Smith 

Euan Henderson 

Aaron Darge 

I think from your list it would be sensible to look at Fitzwater, Iacoviti and Devlin. Reasoning is that we need another RCB that has a good chunk of experience under their belt. Plus it may end up being decided that Smith hasn't got the fitness for what we need, Devlin could be a capable replacement in a seasoned pro that can be a steady influence in our backline. That Obileye at Livi looks a good find by them too. Joel Nouble is on a free transfer at the end of the season too. 

I'd also add Ryan Hardie and Michael Rose both as players we might want to look at. Hardie seems to be doing really well for Plymouth and Rose seems to be holding his own for Coventry. Callum Paterson would be another I'd like. 

I've quite liked what I saw of Paul McMullan too. I'm not sure if he's good enough but if we lose Gino & GMS, he'd IMO not be any worse. 

tldr: Fitzwater, Iacoviti, Rose or Obileye, Devlin, Nouble, Hardie and Paterson. Maybe McMullan too. 

1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Would give Boyce another deal assuming he is realistic about expectations. Relies more on his brain than pace or physique so I think we could get a couple of seasons out of him if rehab is successful.

Would probably agree on the others.

6 hours ago, Boyces beard said:

Would like to see Pollock renewed, i like what i have seen when he has had the chance to step up and Boyce (another year) as i believe he could do a job even if it's from the bench.

McCrorie would be a good addition and most folk won't agree but i always though Ollie Shaw had something to offer and is at a good age if he was to come good.

Pollock has been offered a three year deal. No idea if he will sign it 

6 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Peter Haring

Liam Boyce

Michael Smith

Gary McKay-Steven

Ross Stewart

Josh Ginnelly

Finlay Pollock

Scott McGill 

Connor Smith 

Euan Henderson 

Aaron Darge 

Michael Smith gets another year if he plays a certain number of games this season 

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Aye we could get a team that skooshes to 3rd, gets to finals and secures european group stage football. 

If only.... 

Or, you don’t renew contracts of players past their best so you can maintain those achievements with fresher, better players and don’t regress?

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Good to know, Hopefully it's a decent offer and he gets it signed.

5 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

Aye, on this day 2016 😆

😀 April fool!

:facepalm:
…at least nobody else noticed!

Edited by Rogue Daddy

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Or, you don’t renew contracts of players past their best so you can maintain those achievements with fresher, better players and don’t regress?

We haven't regressed yet. Calm yourself to a oanic

Did you think of buying fresher, better players all by yourself? 

Let scouts know this, I think you've cracked it. 

There's Hearts trying to get  broken, shite players-we're doing it wrong. 

Give Savage a bell, you've cracked it. 

jamboinglasgow
20 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Would be a big statement from the club to him in their belief in him to give him a 3 year contract as under Joe and Robbie we tend to give 2 year contracts at most to promising young players (I think its to keep them hungry.)

15 minutes ago, OTT said:

I think from your list it would be sensible to look at Fitzwater, Iacoviti and Devlin. Reasoning is that we need another RCB that has a good chunk of experience under their belt. Plus it may end up being decided that Smith hasn't got the fitness for what we need, Devlin could be a capable replacement in a seasoned pro that can be a steady influence in our backline. That Obileye at Livi looks a good find by them too. Joel Nouble is on a free transfer at the end of the season too. 

I'd also add Ryan Hardie and Michael Rose both as players we might want to look at. Hardie seems to be doing really well for Plymouth and Rose seems to be holding his own for Coventry. Callum Paterson would be another I'd like. 

I've quite liked what I saw of Paul McMullan too. I'm not sure if he's good enough but if we lose Gino & GMS, he'd IMO not be any worse. 

tldr: Fitzwater, Iacoviti, Rose or Obileye, Devlin, Nouble, Hardie and Paterson. Maybe McMullan too. 

A serious question OTT and sorry for being so ignorant to our current players versus past ? We had had young Harry Cochrane ,I thought he was going to be the messiah btw, where would he stand in your thoughts versus Gino & GMS ? 
why didn’t he move upwards ? Sorry if I’ve missed any info before also 

2 minutes ago, maggieb said:

A serious question OTT and sorry for being so ignorant to our current players versus past ? We had had young Harry Cochrane ,I thought he was going to be the messiah btw, where would he stand in your thoughts versus Gino & GMS ? 
why didn’t he move upwards ? Sorry if I’ve missed any info before also 

I'm not sure tbh. He got that injury against Celtic when Brown went out of his way to hurt him. Then it was like the desire left him.

Shame really, but it happens :( 

Just now, OTT said:

I'm not sure tbh. He got that injury against Celtic when Brown went out of his way to hurt him. Then it was like the desire left him.

Shame really, but it happens :( 

Thanks and thoughts ,him versus Gino and GMS ? Obviously in retrospect,could we have tried harder with him ?

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Has he got other options?

20 minutes ago, maggieb said:

Thanks and thoughts ,him versus Gino and GMS ? Obviously in retrospect,could we have tried harder with him ?

Cochrane was a CM, so not directly comparable I think - I don't think either Gino or GMS have what we need. I'd like us to really be looking for a proper upgrade in that department. Forrest was a shrewd signing but I think we need another of at least that level. I don't know if we're going to get that quality domestically though. Might be worth looking towards eastern Europe IMO. I'd love another player like Milinkovic, I think we're too hesitant in the final 3rd and having someone with a bit of greed about them might be ideal. 

4 hours ago, Rudolf said:

I was at all the games you mention, so no need to look at the highlights.

We were poor against Kilmarnock and terrible against Livingston.

However, 15 shots to Ross County's 12 (4-3 on target) and 27 shots to St Johnstone's 9 (6-5 on target) suggest your first sentence is nonsense. Last minute goal against Hibs when the game should've been out of sight (6-3 on target) was gutting, but we didn't play badly.

You must be a great laugh on a night 

suggest you go on mastermind with specialist subject “ignoring the bleeding obvious”

9 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Agree re Pollock, seen an u20 game and he was best Hearts player by a country mile. Would like him to get a few more minutes from the bench  in first team. 

ShortmanRossco
11 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Is Liam Smith good enough for a return? Squad player level? 1st Team level?

No, no and no.

He sucks.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Pollock needs to start getting game time.

He will have zero mental fatigue 🙄and his cameo against Stoke shows he could work well on the right hand side of a 3 behind a striker.

Obviously he could partner up with Cammy in CM also

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

5 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

He will have zero mental fatigue 🙄and his cameo against Stoke shows he could work well on the right hand side of a 3 behind a striker.

Same for C Smith.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

Same for C Smith.

Fair dues. Although he has been getting more regular game time to be fair.

Hasn’t done anything wrong but no real impact yet.

3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Fair dues. Although he has been getting more regular game time to be fair.

Hasn’t done anything wrong but no real impact yet.

True but the last 10 minutes chasing lost causes are nit the easiest opportunities in which to shine.

The Old Tolbooth

It pisses me off how Pollock isn't getting a chance, especially when we've been short in that area the last two games, he could easily have stepped up to the plate and done fine, he's a quality wee player who we'll end up losing to someone else if we don't buck our ideas up. 

57 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I like Pollock. Looked very comfortable on the ball and appeared so laid back and just completely un-bothered by any sort of pressure. A bit like Aaron Hickey but in centre mid. 

Edited by Batistuta87

18 hours ago, Cut The Crap said:

Yeah, he's clearly not trusted by the management.

Needs to move on to make a career for himself, which he undoubtedly can as Liam Smith has shown.

Not trusted is a strange term, just not impressed 😕