*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

14 hours ago, OTT said:

Has he got other options?

Cochrane was a CM, so not directly comparable I think - I don't think either Gino or GMS have what we need. I'd like us to really be looking for a proper upgrade in that department. Forrest was a shrewd signing but I think we need another of at least that level. I don't know if we're going to get that quality domestically though. Might be worth looking towards eastern Europe IMO. I'd love another player like Milinkovic, I think we're too hesitant in the final 3rd and having someone with a bit of greed about them might be ideal. 

Seemingly a few EPL clubs looking at  Pollock. I would presume for the U23’s

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

It pisses me off how Pollock isn't getting a chance, especially when we've been short in that area the last two games, he could easily have stepped up to the plate and done fine, he's a quality wee player who we'll end up losing to someone else if we don't buck our ideas up. 

Definitely looks like he can play the 10 role to me.Snoddgrass looks like he will be first choice for the league games but surely Pollock can be getting a chance to fight it out with Grant for a Euro place.Grant really has to pick it up imo or the young lad should be getting in ahead of him to see what he can do.

1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Not trusted is a strange term, just not impressed 😕 

Or not industrious enough for Robbie.If that's the case he is looking at him in all the wrong way.

14 minutes ago, Barack said:

Rod knows who to call to get things done. Or not.

Someone inside the club should be asking serious questions of the authorities about this.

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

That's the Ukraine Hibs striker got his visa and he signed after Kio

I know I've ripped the pish but wee Lee did specifically say that permits are a minefield these days and he's gone out of his way to investigate and include the info in his wee app.

Of course, it's possible he does have a visa but we haven't announced it as we're looking to spring a surprise.

I like the look of him by the way, big, athletic, looks to win the ball and drive forward from what I've seen - fingers crossed.

3 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Not trusted is a strange term, just not impressed 😕 

Yes, to be honest, I didn't mean to attach any specific meaning by using the term trusted.

He just rarely seems to be the manager's preferred option and at 22 he really needs to be playing regularly.  

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I know I've ripped the pish but wee Lee did specifically say that permits are a minefield these days and he's gone out of his way to investigate and include the info in his wee app.

Of course, it's possible he does have a visa but we haven't announced it as we're looking to spring a surprise.

I like the look of him by the way, big, athletic, looks to win the ball and drive forward from what I've seen - fingers crossed.

I haven't really seen any of him but he certainly looks to have a good pedigree

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Definitely looks like he can play the 10 role to me.Snoddgrass looks like he will be first choice for the league games but surely Pollock can be getting a chance to fight it out with Grant for a Euro place.Grant really has to pick it up imo or the young lad should be getting in ahead of him to see what he can do.

IMO the issue/problem with our young "up and coming" players is that with only a very few exceptions Robbie only plays them when we playing  badly, or gives just a few minutes towards the end of games.  That is not the way to develop them.  Play them when the team is doing well.

2 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

IMO the issue/problem with our young "up and coming" players is that with only a very few exceptions Robbie only plays them when we playing  badly, or gives just a few minutes towards the end of games.  That is not the way to develop them.  Play them when the team is doing well.

The amount he rotates the team for no apparent reason and still can't find room for them must be frustrating for the players as well.I think when they do get in us as fans have to show a bit of patients with them too though as some of the things you here and comments you see are way ott sometimes.

4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

The amount he rotates the team for no apparent reason and still can't find room for them must be frustrating for the players as well.I think when they do get in us as fans have to show a bit of patients with them too though as some of the things you here and comments you see are way ott sometimes.

Injuries?

3 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

You're not wrong about playing them when the team is doing well, but in a real sense how many opportunities have we had to do this? Unless we're at least two goals up is it worth bringing on an inexperienced player versus an experienced one? You could look to the end of last season but the likes of C. Smith, Pollock and Logan were all (rightfully) out on loan so weren't available for selection. The season in the championship was the time to do it, but it's not been easy since. 

14 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

I think there might be a clue is in those final words.

I would seriously consider Pollock before Ginnely or Mackay stevens.He's quick,tenacious and looks like he has goals in him.At least on the bench regularly.

5 minutes ago, Sleepy head said:

I would seriously consider Pollock before Ginnely or Mackay stevens.He's quick,tenacious and looks like he has goals in him.At least on the bench regularly.

Won't happen, we don't give young kids a chance anymore

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Any time I've seen Pollock, thought he was ready, but I dont see him every day. Worth a shot through this period of matches I would have thought somewhere. at least for 45 mins anyhow. 5 subs should make this more possible

1 hour ago, Sleepy head said:

Wouldn't be keen on this personally. I see him as more of a centre mid than a winger and we've seen enough square pegs in round holes over the years to know better really. He did play RW in pre-season (against Stoke I think?) and did alright, but his best moments were when he had the ball at his feet in tight spaces and when he was passing the ball - I don't think he done much running down the wing. 

2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

So, anymore for anymore? 

Or should we just close this thread now?

Gary Cahill and Andy Carroll still free agents. 

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Wouldn't be keen on this personally. I see him as more of a centre mid than a winger and we've seen enough square pegs in round holes over the years to know better really. He did play RW in pre-season (against Stoke I think?) and did alright, but his best moments were when he had the ball at his feet in tight spaces and when he was passing the ball - I don't think he done much running down the wing. 

I have watched him several times and he has never once played on the wing. Agree he has real promise but still on the young and lightweight side 

3 hours ago, Forza Tertz said:

You're not wrong about playing them when the team is doing well, but in a real sense how many opportunities have we had to do this? Unless we're at least two goals up is it worth bringing on an inexperienced player versus an experienced one? You could look to the end of last season but the likes of C. Smith, Pollock and Logan were all (rightfully) out on loan so weren't available for selection. The season in the championship was the time to do it, but it's not been easy since. 

Fair point, but you've got to speculate to accumulate.

45 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I have watched him several times and he has never once played on the wing. Agree he has real promise but still on the young and lightweight side 

Yeah he's been centre mid any time I've seen him. Just remember him playing in an unusual position against Stoke - he was sort of on the right of a midfield three so maybe not actually on the wing as such, but he definitely wasn't playing through the middle either and did sit quite wide. When he set up Shankland's 2nd he won it out on the right and carried it into the box for the cut-back. Anyway, my point is that his natural position is through the middle so I wouldn't be square pegging him by putting him in place of Ginnelly or GMS just for the sake of it. 

3 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

So, anymore for anymore? 

Or should we just close this thread now?

It'll never close haha - someone will open the January one first 🤣

Edited by Batistuta87

7 hours ago, chrystaf said:

This is a fact I think pollock looks a very interesting player.

They need a good run to see what they can do but he is the pick  for me think he could have a decent career. 

Edited by NB GIN

5 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Defo centre midfielder 

8 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

This is a fact I think pollock looks a very interesting player.

They need a good run to see what they can do but he is the pick  for me think he could have a decent career. 

Has FF mentioned Pollocks progress? If reading FF please comment 

28 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Who is FF ?

Sorry , FOOTBALLFIRST, our go to guy ,knows the youth inside out ,watches/comments and is %100 the MATRIX on our lads , 

Thank God for FF , I’d be boloxed trying to keep up without him , 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻.     👏🏻

7 hours ago, maggieb said:

Sorry , FOOTBALLFIRST, our go to guy ,knows the youth inside out ,watches/comments and is %100 the MATRIX on our lads , 

Thank God for FF , I’d be boloxed trying to keep up without him , 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻.     👏🏻

Ok thanks 

12 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

January.  No club now. 

I saw an article saying he is returning to his former club again and assumed he was back there, but should maybe have actually read it because it was Reading 🙃. But seems he is still a free agent

6 hours ago, RS86 said:

I saw an article saying he is returning to his former club again and assumed he was back there, but should maybe have actually read it because it was Reading 🙃. But seems he is still a free agent

He just signed for his old club - Reading :lol: 

Tynecastle Valhalla

Anyone willing to list all the ins ?

i’d say it’s been successful for sure.

Rowles looks amazing but neilson has stepped up in his absence 

Selkirkhmfc1874
35 minutes ago, wallace_mercer said:

Anyone willing to list all the ins ?

i’d say it’s been successful for sure.

Rowles looks amazing but neilson has stepped up in his absence 

Neilson.

Rowles.

Cochrane.

Forrest.

Grant.

Clark.

Kio.

Snodgrass.

Shankland. 

Now we've seen nearly all the new outfield players turn out for us, how are we ranking the signings, from best to least best, on their performances so far? 

Rowles

Shankland

Cochrane

Forrest

Neilson

Kiomourtzoglou

Grant

Snodgrass

Humphrys

N/A - Clark

I don't have a lot between the top five, they've all come in and done well so far. Kio and Snodgrass haven't had long to show much so are a bit further down. Grant is a bit lower for his red card against Zurich and Humphrys again hasn't had as much chance to show what he can offer but has had a little more time than the other more recent signings.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
16 minutes ago, mre said:

When does South Korean season finish? 😙

Think its late October or early November. The missing part now young Neilson is proving to be a useful addition and learning quickly 

3 hours ago, Weonly151 said:

Would still like another striker, or am I being greedy?

For me it greatly depends on how Humphries settles in. I've been quite happy with out he puts himself about but it remains to be seen how he does playing 90 minutes against a smaller club parking the bus when we really need our striker to put a chance on frame.

3 hours ago, mre said:

When does South Korean season finish? 😙

I've had this in my head all the time.

Robbie loves to sign a big unit of a striker in January to help push us over the line.

Would be interesting if we went down another route and signed someone like the lad we wanted from SK.