*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Dick Dastardly

There are still plenty of free agents available so i can only presume they are asking for too much money, don't fancy playing in Scotland or aren't deemed good enough for us. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Howdy Doody Jambo

I don't think we will be signing anymore player's until the next transfer window opens , it's scrapping the very bottom of the barrel to see what's at the bottom like some old patched up never was centre half that's been waiting  for the last 3 years with his dusty old boots with knee bandage is going to answer the call with cigarette in one hand and a pint in the other, waiting for his agent to phone

" Hearts? Who's Harts, They have a Castle! Robbie, Robbie from Take That, I will grab my boots" 

Joe will be looking towards January now 

On 07/09/2022 at 17:06, Cambo_Jambo said:

We aren't in a rush. The club is 150 years old.

Not aimed at you but I hate this attitude, my old man's in his 70s and he wants to see the Hearts win the league, we don't all have the luxury of time.

10 hours ago, The Maroon Pound said:

I don't think we will be signing anymore player's until the next transfer window opens , it's scrapping the very bottom of the barrel to see what's at the bottom like some old patched up never was centre half that's been waiting  for the last 3 years with his dusty old boots with knee bandage is going to answer the call with cigarette in one hand and a pint in the other, waiting for his agent to phone

" Hearts? Who's Harts, They have a Castle! Robbie, Robbie from Take That, I will grab my boots" 

Joe will be looking towards January now 

I believe Diego Costa has now got a work permit so maybe Andy Carroll now available.  I doubt if Wolves would sign both.

15 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Playing every so often for Celtic…not a free agent…

maybe look to get him in jan if he is still frozen out at celtic

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, Smithee said:

Not aimed at you but I hate this attitude, my old man's in his 70s and he wants to see the Hearts win the league, we don't all have the luxury of time.

He's lucky, he's seen us win the league. 

On 09/09/2022 at 12:23, Leveins Battalion said:

We need a Striker,that should of been the number 1 priority all Summer.

If we were planning on playing the same style as last season than signing Shankland to play that role was a massive mistake by management,he is hardly getting a sniff because he is not suited to our game.We have been left with a last minute loan who looks garbage.(Yes i have seen him twice now and i've made my mind up)

We can harp on as most of us crabbit old numptys have all Summer but the signs were there that our Recruitment was not up to much, the results are there for all to see now despite any excuses.

We are on a terrible run,out a cup at the 1st kick of the ball against a poor team at home,not playing great in the league, confidence and morale at rock bottom, i genuinely can't see where our next win or goal is coming from.

A terrible state of affairs given what has been ploughed into the club.

Used for the stand overspend?

On 07/09/2022 at 17:06, Cambo_Jambo said:

I feel like this is a point missed by most. 

I was watching Celtic last night and they are so, so good. Incredibly well drilled and smart players in every part of the pitch. That's what you get when you can spend millions on signing fees and high 6 figs in annual wages in every position on the park.

Our task, in the short to medium term is to be 3rd more often than not and particularly now when that 3rd Euro place is in play. If we cement ourselves as truly the 3rd team in a way we've never done before then it's job done and we look to build after that.

We don't catch the Old Firm after 1 appearance in the Europa Conference and a £6m windfall. We get closer to them, in time, by getting ourselves in the position to get that windfall semi-regularly, can afford to get better players, attract players that want to use us as a window and then solidify as the clearly 3rd team in the league.

So if this wasn't a great window (time will tell. I think there's some good players, some great ones and some I'm very unconvinced by)we have the option to make the next one, or the one after that great.

We aren't in a rush. The club is 150 years old

A lot of of us are getting older, too, and would like to see things before we die. Things that have been far too infrequent for the club's potential and size. This stability and progression (which can be one step forward and two back) is 60 years late. 60. Ha, hadn't read some posts above.

Edited by Riccarton3

Voice of reason
21 hours ago, Smithee said:

I get the sentiment but what would you have Hearts do? Match the spending of Celtic/Rangers on fees and wages for a few years so your dad maybe sees a title win? (even with that spend it’s only a one in three chance). 

Any news on Kio getting his paperwork sorted by the Home Office? Presumably if we had still been in the EU he would have been playing for us already. Snodgrass will be available for our next league fixture and hopefully Halkett will be back for Thursday along with Grant, added to Rowley, Boyce and Beni that's a lot of injured players.  Excluding Snodgrass, since he's only just arrived, that's six important players who a would have been in or around the team over the last couple of weeks, and that might well have made a difference to our results lately. That St Johnston game cost us dearly, and maybe people should remember that.

1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

Any news on Kio getting his paperwork sorted by the Home Office? Presumably if we had still been in the EU he would have been playing for us already. Snodgrass will be available for our next league fixture and hopefully Halkett will be back for Thursday along with Grant, added to Rowley, Boyce and Beni that's a lot of injured players.  Excluding Snodgrass, since he's only just arrived, that's six important players who a would have been in or around the team over the last couple of weeks, and that might well have made a difference to our results lately. That St Johnston game cost us dearly, and maybe people should remember that.

Well sad, on the last paragraph especially, they are an ugly club with an even uglier way of playing, utter thugs, Robbie should be appealing for stronger refereeing when playing them.

2 hours ago, Voice of reason said:

I get the sentiment but what would you have Hearts do? Match the spending of Celtic/Rangers on fees and wages for a few years so your dad maybe sees a title win? (even with that spend it’s only a one in three chance). 

Nothing, I'm just saying I hate the attitude that we're not in a hurry

2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

The missing brown envelopes appear to be holding things up.

Dick Dastardly
3 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Rowley? 😉

44630195_roland226.jpg

Edited by Dick Dastardly
Forgot to add image

28 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'd kind of forgotten about Snodgrass, by the time he makes his debut he'll hopefully be pretty much up to speed

Wouldn’t surprise me if we had a bounce game between our Under 18s and second 11+ Snodgrass and Kio.

We’ve probably got enough players who won’t play more than 30 minutes midweek.

Those two and Halkett back will be huge for us in terms of squad depth. 

32 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if we had a bounce game between our Under 18s and second 11+ Snodgrass and Kio.

I feel a bit more optimistic about the league again, I have high hopes for the German lad based on absolutely nothing

43 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Those three will make a difference IMO. Grant will be available again and had played his best 45 minutes for us prior to his brain fart. Humphrys should get better with games. 

McKay, Gordon, Devlin, Cochrane and Kingsley can be relied on to be good. Wasn’t the latter two’s fault the were up against two massive athletic forwards in the Istanbul game with no career CB to back them up with some muscle. 

should have a much better first eleven and legitimate bench options come the next league game. 

17 hours ago, CMc said:

Those three will make a difference IMO. Grant will be available again and had played his best 45 minutes for us prior to his brain fart. Humphrys should get better with games. 

McKay, Gordon, Devlin, Cochrane and Kingsley can be relied on to be good. Wasn’t the latter two’s fault the were up against two massive athletic forwards in the Istanbul game with no career CB to back them up with some muscle. 

should have a much better first eleven and legitimate bench options come the next league game. 

Add Hals, Grant, Snoddy and hopefully Kio (hopeful only as never seen the boy play) and we're a TOTALLY different. Not better than Istanbul but waaaay better than the team who played them (and Killie and Livi!!)

Grant and Snoddy will play progressively, looking to move the ball and themselves forward, Halks adds so much aggression and Kio hopefully some athleticism at the very least.

liked what i saw of Humphrys too, quick and direct, good touch

We're gona be fine!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Add Hals, Grant, Snoddy and hopefully Kio (hopeful only as never seen the boy play) and we're a TOTALLY different. Not better than Istanbul but waaaay better than the team who played them (and Killie and Livi!!)

Grant and Snoddy will play progressively, looking to move the ball and themselves forward, Halks adds so much aggression and Kio hopefully some athleticism at the very least.

We're gona be fine!

We will be, if these 2 games potentially, are played later in the season, only 2 European games we will play Sunday's. And we should with grace of god have less injuries 

2 hours ago, Mac80 said:

Does anyone know if Kio is allowed to train with us even if his Visa has not came through yet?

Can't imagine that he wouldn't be able to train with us. 

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

We're gona be fine!

Strong squad (when fit)… we’ve been hugely unlucky with our start to the season. I’m certain we would have beat Zurich if we hadn’t lost Halkett… and we definitely wouldn’t have lost to Killie and Livi, IMO. We still have plenty to feel confident about going forward… if we can just quit with the injuries!

7 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Strong squad (when fit)… we’ve been hugely unlucky with our start to the season. I’m certain we would have beat Zurich if we hadn’t lost Halkett… and we definitely wouldn’t have lost to Killie and Livi, IMO. We still have plenty to feel confident about going forward… if we can just quit with the injuries!

Agreed, absolutely

By The Light..
2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I'd reckon we can't pay/employ him but without getting paid he can train

22 minutes ago, By The Light.. said:

I'd reckon we can't pay/employ him but without getting paid he can train

I am sure we will be paying his living expenses etc and no doubt there will be ways around the protocol.

August Landmesser
5 hours ago, Mac80 said:

Does anyone know if Kio is allowed to train with us even if his Visa has not came through yet?

I assume he's here on a tourist visa just now, so can probably train with us, and doubtless will have salary backdated whenever it's all made official and he gets a work permit & work visa

54 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

With games being postponed it justifies a review of whether we can get someone else in.

Time it takes to get a visa if it's a foreign player we would be as well waiting to the January window as the world cup break up is still to come as well.

3 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Take it Trigger has just retired then?  Surprised he's not got a club back up here. 

bit of a strange one, he’d do a solid job for any of the bottom 6 sides. 

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

bit of a strange one, he’d do a solid job for any of the bottom 6 sides. 

Aye.  Thought so too.  Maybe made his cash and cannae be arsed now he's missed pre-season. 

3 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Take it Trigger has just retired then?  Surprised he's not got a club back up here. 

He was assistant manager somewhere for a wee while when he was playing with us IIRC, maybe it's time

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

He was assistant manager somewhere for a wee while when he was playing with us IIRC, maybe it's time

Yeah think you're right.  Maybe the Gyle or somewhere like that?  

Good luck to him if he wants to concentrate on that pathway. 

6 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Yeah think you're right.  Maybe the Gyle or somewhere like that?  

Good luck to him if he wants to concentrate on that pathway. 

It'll be quite interesting to see how he gets on, it's obviously something he's into.

12 hours ago, Mac80 said:

9 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I guess it depends on what sort of documentation he's waiting for specifically and what's defined as work when it comes to being a footballer. I'm sure anyone could rock up to Oriam with some sort of booking or permission and start knocking a ball around and using the gym and stuff. Whether he'd be allowed to do it with Hearts teammates and coaches etc I dunno. Don't really see why not, especially if he's not being paid yet.

Either way I'm sure he's not just sitting on his arse anyway. 

7 hours ago, Smithee said:

I think he was one of the managers/coaches at Tynecastle.