Neilson ( merged )

jamborich

Malinga the Swinga
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Well said, I’m not even sure we’re that sound defensively considering how many shots CG faces and saves.

He saved 1 shot last night on 83rd minute, a 25 yard trundler, their first on target the whole night. 

Defence must have played well if that's all he had to do.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• Watt-Zeefuik

Gimme an H...
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You’ve contradicted yourself there, you want to give him credit for a half time team talk but not criticise him for not getting them motivated at the start.

Whether he sends the team out to contain the opposition until around 60 minutes when they tire then make subs to try and win(he said this after his first derby win) or he demands that they go out and get at it from the start , he’s either negative or he can’t motivate the team, both damning in my view. 
Why do you think we start so badly? 
As for his stats comparing him to shite managers makes him look great, having us in third isn’t actually pulling up trees is it?

I've not contradicted anything - I'm asking you to explain why you think he can't motivate a team when the last few weeks' second half performances suggest that he can.

I've no idea why we start badly but I do know you can't lay the blame solely on the manager - we can argue all day about what instructions the manager sends them out with but he can only do so much before it's down to the players on the park.

As for slating him for having us comfortably in third place - what more do you actually want or think is achievable on our budget? We're not in a position to spend millions each transfer window like Rangers and Celtic and until we are, third place is as much tree as we're going to be able to pull.

This 2 out of 9 stat is a bit disingenuous is it not?

He's won 2 and lost 2 and 5 have been drawn.

One of the losses was in the Scottish Cup, one of his wins was in the Scottish cup and he got us promoted over Hibs and if we get third then he's never been below Hibs in the league at season end.

That doesn't mean his derby record can't be improved but when you see this stuff, or "he's negative away from home " despite playing the same formation he did at home in the last game,  you wonder how much of this is just agenda driven.

Gimme an H...
4 minutes ago, Costanza said:

One of the losses was in the Scottish Cup, one of his wins was in the Scottish cup and he got us promoted over Hibs and if we get third then he's never been below Hibs in the league at season end.

That doesn't mean his derby record can't be improved but when you see this stuff, or "he's negative away from home " despite playing the same formation he did at home in the last game,  you wonder how much of this is just agenda driven.

A **** load... he will never win with some people no matter what he does. Folk have unrealistic expectations and pretend it's showing ambition. Until we're able to spend the amount Rangers/Celtic do we're fighting a losing battle by thinking we should be able to compete with them.

Edited by Gimme an H...

11 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Who cares what you think? Not many I'd say. Neilson pissing you off by having us in third is most amusing as is watching to our desperation get worse with each result.

You must have been gutted when Sibbick cleared CV off line at the end. You'd have had your 'we lost' post all ready to go, but I'm sure you've saved it for later in season.

Pathetic from a so called supporter.

Its the same band of "supporters" who were all over the Neilson Out threads for the whole of last year.  Certain names appear every time.

They are absolutely seething and trying to manufacture discontent because they have embarrassed themselves and can't admit they were wrong.

Malinga the Swinga
6 minutes ago, Costanza said:

For some on here, it's their whole reason for posting. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Gimme an H... said:

I've not contradicted anything - I'm asking you to explain why you think he can't motivate a team when the last few weeks' second half performances suggest that he can.

I've no idea why we start badly but I do know you can't lay the blame solely on the manager - we can argue all day about what instructions the manager sends them out with but he can only do so much before it's down to the players on the park.

As for slating him for having us comfortably in third place - what more do you actually want or think is achievable on our budget? We're not in a position to spend millions each transfer window like Rangers and Celtic and until we are, third place is as much tree as we're going to be able to pull.

I don’t think he does motivate them well at any time, he makes changes to the line up he got wrong in the first place and our quality shows as teams tire. It doesn’t always work though. 
With the squad we have we should be closer to the uglies who are no great shakes this season, Celtic are on around the same points as last year and Rangers are about 12 worse off. 
We really should be beating crap like we played last night and starting games better would surely help with that?

Our SD wants to challenge the uglies, the manager does too but I don’t think he’s up to it. Accepting third as that’s as good as we can hope for is hopefully a thing of the past. 

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Who cares what you think? Not many I'd say. Neilson pissing you off by having us in third is most amusing as is watching to our desperation get worse with each result.

You must have been gutted when Sibbick cleared CV off line at the end. You'd have had your 'we lost' post all ready to go, but I'm sure you've saved it for later in season.

Pathetic from a so called supporter.

Why answer then 😆
I’ve got you on ignore, try it it’s great 👍🏽

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

A **** load... he will never win with some people no matter what he does. Folk have unrealistic expectations and pretend it's showing ambition. Until we're able to spend the amount Rangers/Celtic do we're fighting a losing battle by thinking we should be able to compete with them.

With an attitude like that why bother, just accept our fate and keep happy clapping. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t think he does motivate them well at any time, he makes changes to the line up he got wrong in the first place and our quality shows as teams tire. It doesn’t always work though. 
With the squad we have we should be closer to the uglies who are no great shakes this season, Celtic are on around the same points as last year and Rangers are about 12 worse off. 
We really should be beating crap like we played last night and starting games better would surely help with that?

Our SD wants to challenge the uglies, the manager does too but I don’t think he’s up to it. Accepting third as that’s as good as we can hope for is hopefully a thing of the past. 

Complete fantasy stuff.  Have a lie down.

28 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Don’t think anyone has said it’s mediocre, nothing special though. 
Teams missing penalties isn’t lucky at all, part and parcel eh. 

Missing penalties is part and parcel of football. 

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Costanza said:

You can be negative and still play the same formation. 
His record against them is average at best, because like most games we don’t start playing until well into the second half. We were the better team last night but they’re awful, we didn’t batter them in anyway or have loads of chances. 

i wish jj was my dad
56 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes and he lost to Hibs when they were in the Championship, two lucky wins against them in 9 games where they missed a penalty and we scored one isn’t good enough. If it wasn’t for screamers by Nicholson, Ozturk and Walker his record would be even worse. 

Two lucky wins my arse. Not the first time you have peddled that shite.  Give it up FFS. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Missing penalties is part and parcel of football. 

Beating Hibs as a Hearts manager is also, he’s failed to do that in the main. 
You don’t think Hibs missing penalties in his two victories were lucky?

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We're effectively halfway through the first season in the top flight with a new recruitment and soon to be academy strategy.

Getting 3rd and a sizeable pot of money from European football is another important step in that journey.

As a club since Neilson left, we have squandered millions on dud managers and players.

Until we get increased revenue from Europe, players sales and domestic success I don't think we can realistically compete over a season with the OF.

I also think until we have an academy that is producing a decent number of players that can enhance the team and make us sizeable fees, we'll never fully close the gap.

Feels like there is a bit of running before we can walk expectations at the moment.

The Grim Reaper
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I completely agree with you. I’ll be really pleased if he gets us third this season and we qualify for European football. I would however like to see someone else with a track record of success come in to take us forward. 

We have a very good squad of players now which is likely to improve again in the summer. It’s just my opinion but I don’t think Robbie has the ability to get the best out of them or develop them further. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, i wish jj was my dad said:

Two lucky wins my arse. Not the first time you have peddled that shite.  Give it up FFS. 

I don’t answer to you, they were lucky as missing a penalty player a huge part in both of them. We were unlucky last night not get a penalty were we not 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🤦🏽🤪?

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Costanza said:

We're effectively halfway through the first season in the top flight with a new recruitment and soon to be academy strategy.

Getting 3rd and a sizeable pot of money from European football is another important step in that journey.

As a club since Neilson left, we have squandered millions on dud managers and players.

Until we get increased revenue from Europe, players sales and domestic success I don't think we can realistically compete over a season with the OF.

I also think until we have an academy that is producing a decent number of players that can enhance the team and make us sizeable fees, we'll never fully close the gap.

Feels like there is a bit of running before we can walk expectations at the moment.

I don’t expect us to challenge them this year for all the reasons you’ve given but we should be much closer to them, for me the main reason we aren’t is in the dug out.

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Beating Hibs as a Hearts manager is also, he’s failed to do that in the main. 
You don’t think Hibs missing penalties in his two victories were lucky?

I think they were statistically significant. 

No-one likes not beating Hibs. I’d like to finish third and beat Hibs four times in a season but I think finishing third is more important. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t answer to you, they were lucky as missing a penalty player a huge part in both of them. We were unlucky last night not get a penalty were we not 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🤦🏽🤪?

Can I ask you how you think we could improve as a team and what are your expectations for a hearts team? Genuine debate.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

I completely agree with you. I’ll be really pleased if he gets us third this season and we qualify for European football. I would however like to see someone else with a track record of success come in to take us forward. 

We have a very good squad of players now which is likely to improve again in the summer. It’s just my opinion but I don’t think Robbie has the ability to get the best out of them or develop them further. 

It’s the opinion of quite a few folk 👍🏽

We had loads of chances last night and battered them. Weathered the early storm which is normal away from home in a derby and didn't really look like conceding a goal..which of course we didn't.

Not really sure what game everybody expected to see, maybe if the decisions by the individual with the whistle had been correct, we will have seen a pumping on the scoreboard.

Either way, well done Robbie for leaving that dump with a point.

Burford Jamtart

I’ll say it again - we play with three genuine attack minded players.  So I’m never surprised that we are more difficult to beat, than entertaining and creative.  

Third is fine, but let’s be honest how good are the teams from 4-12? I’m more interested in getting nearer to other two - and yes it will take time, if it is to happen.

The wing backs getting forward is better with the addition of Atkinson - he actually did get to the byline on a couple of occasions and is better than others who have tried that role.  Halliday however isn’t able to get up and down, Cochrane isn’t great with the ball to be an attacking threat, so that’s a player we need to find if we persist playing that system.  That’s my issue with Robbie, he’s trying to play a system with players he hasn’t got, that’s why the level of performance isn’t there consistently - he could play other ways with the squad he has.  

I’m not saying he needs to be replaced, not at all, but to really challenge the OF further down the line he wouldn’t be the right guy if we could compete financially and were able to have a real go.  

The Grim Reaper
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s the opinion of quite a few folk 👍🏽

I know it is. I don’t understand why it’s so contentious. 

Just now, The Grim Reaper said:

I know it is. I don’t understand why it’s so contentious. 

Who would you get in that would take us to that next step? You must have an opinion on that.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You can be negative and still play the same formation. 
His record against them is average at best, because like most games we don’t start playing until well into the second half. We were the better team last night but they’re awful, we didn’t batter them in anyway or have loads of chances. 

There was no difference in intent or formation from Motherwell and arguably with 2 strikers, he was more attack minded than the home game against Hibs.

What I saw last night was a Hibs team busting their gut but even under par, we were the better team.

I do agree that there are concerns over our show starts in the first half but I'm as annoyed by not winning at ER as I usually am.

I share a frustration that if certain things had gone our way, we'd be closer to the OF but I'm not at the stage of thinking a new manager I'd the answer.

Maybe kicking the can down the road but let's see where we are this time next season.

The Grim Reaper
1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

Who would you get in that would take us to that next step? You must have an opinion on that.

All appointments the club are making at the moment seem to be good so happy to trust them with that. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

Can I ask you how you think we could improve as a team and what are your expectations for a hearts team? Genuine debate.

We could try going at teams from the start, be more adventurous, not play with two sitters or at least play one that can shoot, create and score. We play a system that relies on crossing, yet our wing backs aren’t great at this and there’s usually only one player in the box.Our crossing is frankly awful, was last season too and the drills they do in training with metal dummies doesn’t help attackers or defenders prepare properly. We play far too deep against poor teams and need to press them into making mistakes. 
We really don’t attack teams or create enough chances, Boyce lives off scraps really. 
My expectations are to challenge the uglies, as unreasonable as that seems, why bother if we don’t, go watch Hibs. 

I get the feeling Savage is very happy Robbie and so am I. The progress we have made since him and savage have came in has been rapid.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Burford Jamtart said:

I’ll say it again - we play with three genuine attack minded players.  So I’m never surprised that we are more difficult to beat, than entertaining and creative.  

Third is fine, but let’s be honest how good are the teams from 4-12? I’m more interested in getting nearer to other two - and yes it will take time, if it is to happen.

The wing backs getting forward is better with the addition of Atkinson - he actually did get to the byline on a couple of occasions and is better than others who have tried that role.  Halliday however isn’t able to get up and down, Cochrane isn’t great with the ball to be an attacking threat, so that’s a player we need to find if we persist playing that system.  That’s my issue with Robbie, he’s trying to play a system with players he hasn’t got, that’s why the level of performance isn’t there consistently - he could play other ways with the squad he has.  

I’m not saying he needs to be replaced, not at all, but to really challenge the OF further down the line he wouldn’t be the right guy if we could compete financially and were able to have a real go.  

Spot on. LWB will need to be improved in the summer. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We could try going at teams from the start, be more adventurous, not play with two sitters or at least play one that can shoot, create and score. We play a system that relies on crossing, yet our wing backs aren’t great at this and there’s usually only one player in the box.Our crossing is frankly awful, was last season too and the drills they do in training with metal dummies doesn’t help attackers or defenders prepare properly. We play far too deep against poor teams and need to press them into making mistakes. 
We really don’t attack teams or create enough chances, Boyce lives off scraps really. 
My expectations are to challenge the uglies, as unreasonable as that seems, why bother if we don’t, go watch Hibs. 

Bang on mate

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Costanza said:

There was no difference in intent or formation from Motherwell and arguably with 2 strikers, he was more attack minded than the home game against Hibs.

What I saw last night was a Hibs team busting their gut but even under par, we were the better team.

I do agree that there are concerns over our show starts in the first half but I'm as annoyed by not winning at ER as I usually am.

I share a frustration that if certain things had gone our way, we'd be closer to the OF but I'm not at the stage of thinking a new manager I'd the answer.

Maybe kicking the can down the road but let's see where we are this time next season.

Yeah it was the same formation as against Motherwell, with Boyce as a ten. We weren’t very good against Motherwell though, a poor start again, and with this being our 5th game in a run of 8 in 25 days I thought he would make more changes than just McKay. 

37 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Why answer then 😆
I’ve got you on ignore, try it it’s great 👍🏽

Yet you replied to him. How does the ignore function work? 

29 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Such as whom? 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

You can’t compete his record to the others when two of the seasons were in the lower division. 
His record against Hibs gives an insight into how limited his tactics and motivational skills are. 
Do we ever come out of the blocks quickly against them, or anyone?

I thought we did last night. Should have been at least two up by half time. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Boab said:

I thought we did last night. Should have been at least two up by half time. 

I can only think of Devlins chance, they are awful but created more chances than we did in the first half, mostly down our left. 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yet you replied to him. How does the ignore function work? 

You see the posts if others reply, or you click on it to read it. Like I just did here 🤦🏽🔫.,

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I can only think of Devlins chance, they are awful but created more chances than we did in the first half, mostly down our left. 

Penalty and the big man heading over from the keeper's  block from Boyce should have been two goals imo

42 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t expect us to challenge them this year for all the reasons you’ve given but we should be much closer to them, for me the main reason we aren’t is in the dug out.

Absolute shite and time for ignore function, your pathetic wee campaign against our manager is back in full flow and, barring anyone wasting their time quoting you, I'll have a much better time not having to read your drivel. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Boab said:

Penalty and the big man heading over from the keeper's  block from Boyce should have been two goals imo

Simms chance came at him quickly, we should’ve had a penalty but there’s no guarantee we would’ve scored from it. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, XB52 said:

Absolute shite and time for ignore function, your pathetic wee campaign against our manager is back in full flow and, barring anyone wasting their time quoting you, I'll have a much better time not having to read your drivel. 

Fair enough, I’ve had you on ignore for a while. 

Big John Colquhoun
23 minutes ago, Burford Jamtart said:

Totally agree. This is the thing for me as well. We play 7 defensive outfield players, we’re solid, we grind out results but you’d expect that playing so many defensive players and the standard of teams 4-12th. We can surely aspire to better though.

The system is basically the same one as Gareth Southgate uses for England - unsurprisingly with much the same outcome. They’re shite to watch but he gets results based on being solid and better than most of the teams they play.

Funny thing for England and Hearts, in this really defensive formation, folk look at the three attackers and blame them for not banging in loads of goals and creating loads of chances. Why don’t Boyce, Simms, Mackay look really dangerous every game…same reason Sancho, Kane and Foden don’t. They get left to do it all themselves. The managers have a good plan and strategy for defending, not so much attacking.

Simms chance came at him quickly, we should’ve had a penalty but there’s no guarantee we would’ve scored from it. 

You said you could think of only one chance, Devlin's early on.

I've given you another two plus Devlin's shot just over.

We had four or five chances first half at least.

Absolute idiots on here, thinking we can compete with Celtic and Rangers, on their budget. 

Obviously, its just a cover, as the reality is they hate Neilson. So set unrealistic expectations, meaning they can alwyas give it tight to Neilson, no matter what.

The worst supporters we have. Well, they're actually just fans. Supporters support the team.

Think its safe to assume Pasquale has the pilots licence and flew the plane last time.

1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Absolute idiots on here, thinking we can compete with Celtic and Rangers, on their budget. 

Obviously, its just a cover, as the reality is they hate Neilson. So set unrealistic expectations, meaning they can alwyas give it tight to Neilson, no matter what.

The worst supporters we have. Well, they're actually just fans. Supporters support the team.

Think its safe to assume Pasquale has the pilots licence and flew the plane last time.

Some idiots are so twisted they hate Neilson because he is associated with Levein. 

1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Supporters also have ambition for their club - not "its aye been this way" pish - that will maintain us yoyoing around scrambling about for a cup every decade.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Boab said:

You said you could think of only one chance, Devlin's early on.

I've given you another two plus Devlin's shot just over.

We had four or five chances first half at least.

Yeah I’m allowed to forget stuff, Devlins long range shot was hardly a chance. A claim for a penalty is not a chance either. We were poor in the first half, they created more chances, everyone else seems to accept this. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

Is it really 9 games in a row Hibs haven't won against Hearts? I saw it stated but is that fact?

Nah that's not right. They beat us at Tynecastle when Stendel was here. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Neilson ( merged )