Russia Invades Ukraine

Greenbank2

Class of 75
6 hours ago, Sharpie said:

I have been very patient and understanding that you are not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but for you to question my service  to my country and my communities is insulting and nasty and you have made an enemy for life.

1. I will not be subject to an intelligence test by an idiot, Of course you blthering fool I did not join the Iraqi people to fight against any invaders.  

2. Are you completely insane, Germany in 1939 instigated when led by persons of a certain mental ability as you, nuts,by invading unsuspectingt countries, and taking actions that incurred the Second World War. You complete fool you do know what war entails, death by horrific means, such as the Germans carried out in their invasion of Europe heading for Britain, how the Japanese invaded neighbors, created prison camps that were nothing less than hell on earth, we the British and the allies, fought died and sacrificed so that an individual as yourself who to my knowledge has never served his Country would maintain the right to criticise their actions.

I find it equally disgusting and pathetic that you has who has done nothing in the service of his Country or community woud be so blase in commenting about men just like yourself whom served died and gave up everything so that a non contributor can criticise them as you have just done. As for me I served certainly in my age group service was not optional as National Service was in progress, however I because I wanted to go enlisted in the Scots Guards, at age 17  1/2 in September 1952, In May 1953 aftre completion of training I served on Active Servie In Egypt during the Suez Crisis. Men were killed while poiticians swithered what to do to ensure the Suez Canal remained open and trade could be done expeditiously . Meanwhile in far distant Korea young men just like me were dying in a brutal war nwith Korean and Chinese enemies.

I and many  like me served, so that an unidentified critic can show his patriotism and insult me in the complete secrecy of his key board. I am eighty seven years of age, from the age of seventeen I loyally served my Country and Communities until retirement when I was adequately compensated by a good pension, what have you my critic done for anyone other than for yourself. I am a peaceful man but this thousands of miles we are apart make it entirely impossible that we could accidentally meet in the street which my disgusting critic is probably the luckiest moment of your sad life. 

From one Serviceman to another, Sharpie, thank you for your service.

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Cade

• JFK-1

• redjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Malinga the Swinga
6 hours ago, Sharpie said:

I have been very patient and understanding that you are not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but for you to question my service  to my country and my communities is insulting and nasty and you have made an enemy for life.

1. I will not be subject to an intelligence test by an idiot, Of course you blthering fool I did not join the Iraqi people to fight against any invaders.  

2. Are you completely insane, Germany in 1939 instigated when led by persons of a certain mental ability as you, nuts,by invading unsuspectingt countries, and taking actions that incurred the Second World War. You complete fool you do know what war entails, death by horrific means, such as the Germans carried out in their invasion of Europe heading for Britain, how the Japanese invaded neighbors, created prison camps that were nothing less than hell on earth, we the British and the allies, fought died and sacrificed so that an individual as yourself who to my knowledge has never served his Country would maintain the right to criticise their actions.

I find it equally disgusting and pathetic that you has who has done nothing in the service of his Country or community woud be so blase in commenting about men just like yourself whom served died and gave up everything so that a non contributor can criticise them as you have just done. As for me I served certainly in my age group service was not optional as National Service was in progress, however I because I wanted to go enlisted in the Scots Guards, at age 17  1/2 in September 1952, In May 1953 aftre completion of training I served on Active Servie In Egypt during the Suez Crisis. Men were killed while poiticians swithered what to do to ensure the Suez Canal remained open and trade could be done expeditiously . Meanwhile in far distant Korea young men just like me were dying in a brutal war nwith Korean and Chinese enemies.

I and many  like me served, so that an unidentified critic can show his patriotism and insult me in the complete secrecy of his key board. I am eighty seven years of age, from the age of seventeen I loyally served my Country and Communities until retirement when I was adequately compensated by a good pension, what have you my critic done for anyone other than for yourself. I am a peaceful man but this thousands of miles we are apart make it entirely impossible that we could accidentally meet in the street which my disgusting critic is probably the luckiest moment of your sad life. 

Not often you lose your temper Sharpie but on this occasion, justifiably so.

Just put him on ignore and life becomes far more enjoyable.

Highly unusual move by the SG in giving Ukraine £65M for military equipment. As defence is not a devolved matter, it is exceptional.

Thoughts ?

52 minutes ago, Boab said:

Highly unusual move by the SG in giving Ukraine £65M for military equipment. As defence is not a devolved matter, it is exceptional.

Thoughts ?

Wish the SG would subsidise people's fuel bills by 65M.

2 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

Wish the SG would subsidise people's fuel bills by 65M.

It is a strange one. The UK is giving £1B in total in this latest military aid package. The SG is giving £65M out of their budget. 

I don't get it personally. If defence is not a devolved matter, let the money come from the UK defence budget, if that's what they want to do.

6 minutes ago, Boab said:

It is a strange one. The UK is giving £1B in total in this latest military aid package. The SG is giving £65M out of their budget. 

I don't get it personally. If defence is not a devolved matter, let the money come from the UK defence budget, if that's what they want to do.

That will be about 3bn the UK has sent over now. All well and good while people here are ****ed. Now sturgeon jumping on the bandwagon. 

1 minute ago, Herbert. said:

That will be about 3bn the UK has sent over now. All well and good while people here are ****ed. Now sturgeon jumping on the bandwagon. 

If the UK want to give military aid out of the defence budget, that's their call. Some military guys are not happy about it but this is not coming out of that pot, it's coming out the SG's pot as far as I can see.

Sturgeon is criticised daily on here. Let's see if it's consistent regarding this. 

Jeffros Furios

As much as I want Ukraine getting as much help as possible where did we find £65million ? 

We get a set budget which leads to budget cuts for councils and services etc and we are continually told 

that they have little money . 

If we were independent I wouldn't have a problem but for the reasons above it doesn't sit well with me. 

The defence  budget is UK government and I hope we help Ukraine in every way possible .

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Boab said:

If the UK want to give military aid out of the defence budget, that's their call. Some military guys are not happy about it but this is not coming out of that pot, it's coming out the SG's pot as far as I can see.

Sturgeon is criticised daily on here. Let's see if it's consistent regarding this. 

It achieves two things.

1) Gets aid to Ukraine

2) Gets her and her government publicity.

Up to each individual as to which of these they believe is Scottish governments main objective.

Money has to have been taken from some other budget though.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Jeffros Furios said:

As much as I want Ukraine getting as much help as possible where did we find £65million ? 

We get a set budget which leads to budget cuts for councils and services etc and we are continually told 

If we were independent I wouldn't have a problem but for the reasons above it doesn't sit well with me. 

The defence  budget is UK government and I hope we help Ukraine in every way possible .

I tend to agree with you.

6 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

That was my thinking.

We contribute to the UK pot and a percentage is dedicated to defence. The UK can then give as much as they please to whomever they please. 

This isn't that as far as I can see.

There is a hypocrisy at play with some. Continually criticising NS for all sorts but if it's Ukraine ? 

The SG gave £4M to Ukraine for humanitarian and Medicine recently. You'd need to be pretty hardhearted to oppose that, but £65M for military aid when there is already a UK budget for that ?

Nah, doesn't sit well with me neither.

2 hours ago, Boab said:

Thoughts ?

Unusual but actually a normal, straightforward part of the devolution settlement.

Would have thought the Scottish Government would be happy to support Ukraine.

Edited by Mikey1874

SG has the power to do it, so it did it.

Yoons tying themselves in knots trying to make this out to be a bad thing.

:rofl:

36 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Scotland underspends regularly. Eg hasn't spend £4 billion of hospitality Covid relief money and total underspends much higher in past years. 

Something Scottish Government is criticised for regularly. It says it's not an issue. 

Edited by Mikey1874

37 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Total underspend in Scottish Government budget in 2021/22 was £650 million.

Easy and available. 

Edited by Mikey1874

9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Unusual but actually a normal, straightforward part of the devolution settlement.

Would have thought the Scottish Government would be happy to support Ukraine.

Depends on your Interpretation of the settlement. Defence is a reserved matter, not devolved. 

It's not about supporting or not supporting, it's about which budget the military aid is coming from.

We, the UK, have a budget for that. 

10 minutes ago, Cade said:

SG has the power to do it, so it did it.

Yoons tying themselves in knots trying to make this out to be a bad thing.

:rofl:

Talking of yoons, which I don't think I am, it's the hypocrisy of the aforementioned lot when it comes to criticism of the SG.

Anything else, it would be Nippy this and Krankie that, but Ukraine ?

🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Boab said:

Depends on your Interpretation of the settlement. Defence is a reserved matter, not devolved. 

It's not about supporting or not supporting, it's about which budget the military aid is coming from.

We, the UK, have a budget for that. 

But if you underspend which the Scottish Government did by £650 million you don't have full control.

Normally in Government where everything is done by annual budgets if you don't spend your budget you lose it. Not quite the case for Scotland.

17 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

In other news Ukraine has regained control of Snake Island with Russia confirming its withdrawal.

Crimea next. 

Snake Island has been a gradual thing with Ukraine destroying several Russian crafts. 

Really looking at relative strength you would not have predicted this. Though ultimately helped by our friends in Turkey stopping Russia replacing ships by closing Bosphorus Strait.

Another big boost to morale (alongside getting money from Scotland).

Edited by Mikey1874

24 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

But if you underspend which the Scottish Government did by £650 million you don't have full control.

Normally in Government where everything is done by annual budgets if you don't spend your budget you lose it. Not quite the case for Scotland.

True.

I'm not saying they don't have the power to do what they've done. Forbes has even admitted that a precedent has not been set by giving military aid in this instance, admitting the money is from devolved budgets going to a reserved matter.

Some Welsh ministers have been critical of their assembly, using money from public services budgets.

As I say, it's not about supporting Ukraine, it's only this highly unusual instance.

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

In other news Ukraine has regained control of Snake Island with Russia confirming its withdrawal.

With a bit of a laughable excuse from Russia. They claim they withdrew from the Island as a humanitarian move to allow grain out of Ukraine. 

I'm sure it's got nothing to do with military losses there... 

And of course not sure how it helps get grain out of Ukraine if Russia continue to blockade the rest of the Black Sea.

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

On topic

With respect, Mickey, money coming out our pockets to buy weapons is about on topic as it gets !

Just now, Boab said:

With respect, Mickey, money coming out our pockets to buy weapons is about on topic as it gets !

Agree.

I would say also money coming directly from Scotland is a nice boost to the refugees staying here. It's only fair Scotland gets part of the credit. 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Agree.

I would say also money coming directly from Scotland is a nice boost to the refugees staying here. It's only fair Scotland gets part of the credit. 

Totally agree. Humanitarian aid and supporting refugees is a no brainer.

That's not what we're talking about though.

34 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

As the old saying goes...power tends to corrupt, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

I think a lot of people would say Putin is a crook, and would have good reason to think so but you won't find his name in the Pandora Papers, just like you won't find Zelinsky's. 

He was a clever cookie by transferring a secret offshore account to his pal just before coming President. Allegations his wife is still receiving dividends won't be answered by his office.

It's a global thing as the papers have uncovered. Tax evasion and other nefarious activities are rife in elite circles.

I'll end this as I started...Putin is up to his neck in it..allegedly !

There are plenty heads bobbing about in that swamp however !

65 million to arms manufacturers from Scotland to be used in Ukraine versus 10 billion euros+ annually from Gernany to arm Russia.

Good Times to be in the killing industry.

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, Ked said:

65 million to arms manufacturers from Scotland to be used in Ukraine versus 10 billion euros+ annually from Gernany to arm Russia.

Good Times to be in the killing industry.

When has it never been?

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Early days

What's your intention here Mikey?

Because when I read these types of posts you regularly make it's like an advertisement in a military magazine.

NATO delegates from all 30 member states sign the accession protocol bringing Finland an Sweden into the alliance.

The protocol will now go to the parliament of all 30 member states for ratification.

Let's see if the Turks act the prick.

Jambo-Jimbo
42 minutes ago, Cade said:

NATO delegates from all 30 member states sign the accession protocol bringing Finland an Sweden into the alliance.

The protocol will now go to the parliament of all 30 member states for ratification.

Let's see if the Turks act the prick.

The Turkish parliament will do whatever Erdogan tells them to do, and as far as he's concerned he got what he wanted, therefore everything is A ok.

Turkey is a massive ally of Ukraine. 

It is true they are also close to Russia. But without some of the actions of Turkey including Turkish businesses Ukraine may have been defeated. 

Britain and the US are now formally protecting the security of Finland and Sweden pending formal joining of NATO. 

Russia missed their chance to invade. 

Jeffros Furios
52 minutes ago, Pap said:

So she is Russian but fighting for Ukraine? 🤷‍♂️

Yeah there's a few of them , also some from Belarus who will probably be fighting against thier own countrymen soon .

I wish the west would either back this or sack it off now, it's costing us a fortune to watch Ukraine slowly lose to Russia. 

Putin in full delusional ranting mode.

Stating that "Russia is only just getting started in Ukraine" and challenging The West to "come and have a go if you think you're hard enough"

:gok:

Maybe he's annoyed at the new Western artillery blowing the shite out of his warehouses and logistics dumps, eh?