Russia Invades Ukraine

Greenbank2

il Duce McTarkin
2 hours ago, Boab said:

Anyone who thought, even with Western help, that it wouldn’t go this way, is deluded.

Sounds callous as **** but a lot of new weapons have been tried out in battle situations. The West will pore over every aspect of this conflict.

It was a response to keep Putin to his limits on this.

Hope it’s over soon for the civilians’ sake.

Boab kens his onions. It's not about defeating the bear, or appeasing the bear, it's about containing the bear.

The Ivan military will come out of this with a victory of sorts, but with a very bloody nose. 

Pre existing limits will remain as they were before Putin's adventure, and the 2 billion human beings that would've been dead within 6 hours of an escalation will see out the remainder of their natural lives.

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Cade

• JFK-1

• redjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maiden Gorgie

Go on to any news website and Ukraine updates are well down the list. Fast becoming yesterday's news. Maybe a good thing as it is starving the attention that Putin was always after. Hopefully he just takes what little he has gained, declares a minor victory and one of his own puts multiple bullets through him.

Malinga the Swinga
21 hours ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Boab kens his onions. It's not about defeating the bear, or appeasing the bear, it's about containing the bear.

The Ivan military will come out of this with a victory of sorts, but with a very bloody nose. 

Pre existing limits will remain as they were before Putin's adventure, and the 2 billion human beings that would've been dead within 6 hours of an escalation will see out the remainder of their natural lives.

Have to agree.

No ones interested any more. The morally outraged have moved on from Ukraine and are now concerned with energy prices/deportation policy or rail strikes.

They didn't care before and they don't care now.

Russia will win. No one knows why they did this, what their targets were and what they will settle for, and we never will know 

One day, it'll just stop and we won't even notice.

dobmisterdobster
2 hours ago, Maiden Gorgie said:

Go on to any news website and Ukraine updates are well down the list. Fast becoming yesterday's news. Maybe a good thing as it is starving the attention that Putin was always after. Hopefully he just takes what little he has gained, declares a minor victory and one of his own puts multiple bullets through him.

People have short attention spans. One minute it's Covid, the other times it's Black Lives Matter, Free Palestine, Ukraine etc. What will sheep change their social media profile pictures to next is what I want to know

US to build huge temporary grain silos in Western Ukraine and Eastern Poland (polish ones defended by advanced AA weapons) so that all the grain stuck in ports can be moved on the international markets.

Train gauge differences between Ukraine and europe had been the stumbling block of the "rail grain bridge" plan.

Now it''l be Ukrainian train to the silos then from the silos to the other silos by truck then onto european trains then off around the world.

Hopefully this'll stave off the potential famines that could have happened if this stuff stayed trapped in ports.

3 minutes ago, Cade said:

US to build huge temporary grain silos in Western Ukraine and Eastern Poland (polish ones defended by advanced AA weapons) so that all the grain stuck in ports can be moved on the international markets.

Train gauge differences between Ukraine and europe had been the stumbling block of the "rail grain bridge" plan.

Now it''l be Ukrainian train to the silos then from the silos to the other silos by truck then onto european trains then off around the world.

Hopefully this'll stave off the potential famines that could have happened if this stuff stayed trapped in ports.

Feed wheat is 100 quid a ton more expensive this year than last as of last week, the price will come down a wee bit when this years harvest is in but still hellish dear.

il Duce McTarkin
36 minutes ago, Cade said:

Hopefully.

Putin really is a horrible ****.

Malinga the Swinga
6 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Hopefully.

Putin really is a horrible ****.

Most political leaders are. Can't think of any I would trust. He is just a ***** with a big enough army to do what the rest would do if they could get away with it.

3 hours ago, Maiden Gorgie said:

Maybe

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
On 14/06/2022 at 13:02, Ron Burgundy said:

Hardly anyone has their flag as a Facebook profile pic anymore.

:(

Malinga the Swinga
On 14/06/2022 at 13:02, Ron Burgundy said:

Hardly anyone has their flag as a Facebook profile pic anymore.

There's still the odd sadsack on here who has Ukrainian picture or colours on profile. It had no point when this kicked off, it has no point now.

6 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

There's still the odd sadsack on here who has Ukrainian picture or colours on profile. It had no point when this kicked off, it has no point now.

A very good poster has left JKB because of being, as you horribly put it, a ‘sad sack’.

Whatever that means.

Malinga the Swinga
11 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Le Jambo Rouge?

I have no idea who has left, or if they were good poster. I won't lose any sleep over it either.

How he knows they left because of being a sadsack, yet then says he doesn't know what sadsack is will remain a mystery, as really I don't care.

il Duce McTarkin
2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Most political leaders are. Can't think of any I would trust. He is just a ***** with a big enough army to do what the rest would do if they could get away with it.

Putin isn't a political leader in any modern sense, though. 

He's a medieval, absolutist monarch.

Russia isn't a state with a military aparatus, it's a military aparatus with a state. See also Pakistan.

Edited by Dirk McClaymore

On 11/06/2022 at 17:33, Cade said:

Russia reputedly running out of modern missiles, and will be reverting to their stockpile of older soviet era ones.

Ukraine running out of most types of ammunition.

Ukraine reportedly about to be granted "candidate" status for EU accession.

Sanctions have almost destroyed the Russian car industry. Sales are down 83%.

Sources reckon that up to half of airworthy Russian passenger aircraft will end up as donators for parts to keep the other half in the sky.

Computer manufacturers are struggling to find parts. This has a knock-on effect to the Russian war machine.

Both sides are taking huge losses on the eastern front.

I read something that claimed they peppered an area with around 50,000 rounds of various types in a single day. Dumb shells and various missiles. Probably predominately dumb shells.

If this drags on into next year which is currently appearing likely I can see them struggling to maintain it as the sanctions noose gradually tightens. As you say they will increasingly struggle for all manner of parts and components plus the money to pay for it will be greatly drying up too.

Weeks ago Zelensky said he would raise a  million man army. At the time I thought it was just big talk, but then I thought it was just big talk even before it kicked off when he insisted he would stay there. He was offered safe harbour in Washington and declined it.

Another thing he said is that not a square inch will be conceded and neither will territories occupied since 2014 be accepted and that includes Crimea.

I'm getting a sneaking suspicion the Western powers are up for creating a war going on for as long as it takes to completely break them and drive them out of Ukraine.

And to my mind that's forward and logical thinking if that be the case. We can't co-exist with this regime. This shit will just happen over and over till it reaches breaking point.

What's the best way to put them back years or even decades? Bleed them dry in a war of attrition. Then humiliate them and foment revolution from within.

In an ideal world we would look for the entire shitshow to collapse and be reformed under the leadership of Alexei Navalny.

He's the opposition leader Putin failed to kill with poison, Navalny's life was saved by intensive treatment in Germany.

Then the guy had the audacity to go back to Russia when he knew exactly what would happen, prison and that's where he is to this day. They're currently probably trying to kill him with neglect.

14 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

In an ideal world we would look for the entire shitshow to collapse and be reformed under the leadership of Alexei Navalny.

He's the opposition leader Putin failed to kill with poison, Navalny's life was saved by intensive treatment in Germany.

There was a headline yesterday suggesting he's "mysteriously disappeared from prison".

Japan Jambo
13 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Feed wheat is 100 quid a ton more expensive this year than last as of last week, the price will come down a wee bit when this years harvest is in but still hellish dear.

Have/are the Ukrainians planted/ing for next year?

Edited by Japan Jambo

26 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Have/are the Ukrainians planted/ing for next year?

I'm not sure.

14 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

How much was it last year?

I heard today about the situation in some African or maybe Caribbean country where they're struggling to eat. They're heavily dependent on potatoes and the irony is the potatoes are still as available as they ever were. It's no Irish famine.

The problem is the potatoes have tripled in cost due to the fact the petrol required to transport them has soared in price. Putin is a first class *****.

50 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

About 200 to 250.

Cheers I was wondering what percentage increase had happened 

Jeffros Furios
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Canon fodder? 

Wait till the counter attacks start in ernest. 

:jj:

1 minute ago, Pap said:

After reading the full article its a bit tragic as well.

As it's not a mobilisation people in Russia can refuse to fight. They won't go to jail. If they are a reserve nothing much can happen but it seems the armed forces are trying to get the numbers with how they are wording call ups and the wages on offer. 

That's what Putin gets for his gobshite "special operation".

He can't do a proper call-up unless he declares war, and in that eventuality the gloves come off for Ukraine and the western allies too.

He's boxed himself into a corner, the muppet.

Malinga the Swinga

Quite an interesting programme on sky documentaries tonight about Putin's Ukraine.

Experts saying Russia will be like North Korea and be locked down country, ruled by fear, and have little no contact with outside.

Only way it changes is if sufficient young people rebel. Putin can't afford Ukraine to succeed and prosper as democratic country as he fears Russia would be next in line to fall.

On 18/06/2022 at 14:51, Cade said:

That's what Putin gets for his gobshite "special operation".

He can't do a proper call-up unless he declares war, and in that eventuality the gloves come off for Ukraine and the western allies too.

He's boxed himself into a corner, the muppet.

If they declared war Ukraine may then fire missiles into Russian territory. Now I would presume if Zelensky wanted to do that he would speak to the allies first, the people who supply the missiles.

And I wonder what they would say.

On 18/06/2022 at 15:21, Malinga the Swinga said:

Quite an interesting programme on sky documentaries tonight about Putin's Ukraine.

Experts saying Russia will be like North Korea and be locked down country, ruled by fear, and have little no contact with outside.

Only way it changes is if sufficient young people rebel. Putin can't afford Ukraine to succeed and prosper as democratic country as he fears Russia would be next in line to fall.

I think it's too big to lock down the population in NK fashion, unrealistic. Cutting people off from the internet would be difficult, right now they can see outside through VPN's the use of which has been increasing exponentially.

There will likely be a massive brain drain as people get out, that's what was happening during the Stalin era. And to stop it they banned all foreign travel without special permission which was rarely given

And famously built a wall in Berlin which to my knowledge was the only known large construction of this type in history that wasn't intended to keep invaders out, like the great wall of China.

The great wall of Berlin was built to keep the people in not invaders out. And even then they kept trying to get out in all manner of ways from tunneling to gliders and countless more. Like trying to escape from a POW camp.

I don't think the current Russia could do that. 

On 18/06/2022 at 21:21, Malinga the Swinga said:

Wish it was like that when I was last in Tenerife, loads of fat Russians about, rude pricks were worse than the weegies.

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, escobri said:

Wish it was like that when I was last in Tenerife, loads of fat Russians about, rude pricks were worse than the weegies.

I was on a boat trip off the coast of Turkey an number of years ago, and large grouo of alpha male Russians and their sex-doll like girlfriends were getting increasingly rowdy, being threatening and disrespectful to the boat crew, and refused to pay their bar bill as we headed back to port. I was sniggering and pointed out to the Mrs all the cars pulling up on the quayside and Turkish men sporting an assortment of cudgels climbing out as the boat was tying up alongside. 

The sheepish Russians paid their bill and were turned down to a peep. The rest of the passangers were disappointed with this, as we'd been looking forward to watching the horrible ****s get a right good ****ing kickin. 

I see the Russians are threatening Lithuania because of the EU sanctions. 

The sanctions prohibit the sale of various goods like oil and cement to Russia. Lithuania preventing such goods travelling via rail through Lithuania to Kaliningrad. 

Russia claiming the Lithuanians are blockading Kaliningrad. 

Don't see the problem, the Russians can transport those goods by ship if they really want. 

40 minutes ago, dtgj said:

Don't see the problem, the Russians can transport those goods by ship if they really want. 

This is the correct answer.

Malinga the Swinga

People still supporting Ukraine atn, but if Putin was to offer cheap energy to UK, it would be interesting to see if that changed, especially when winter kicks in and heating goes on.

Supporting Ukraine or cheaper gas leaving more money in your pocket would be interesting quandary for consumer.

Supporting country hundreds of miles away while own citizens struggle on themselves could change minds.

Jeffros Furios
6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I work with delightful, polite, humble and humorous Russian colleague. 

I mean, she may spend her weekends kicking and torturing pensioners while watching videos of Auschwitz synced to a laughter reel, but wouldn’t be keen to put money on it.

I got a wee bit carried away,  I've dealt with a few groups of Russian tourists and they were OK. 

Associated with Russians in South Africa and they were scum. 

Good and bad everywhere but the Ivans do seem to have a lot of bad eggs .

Jeffros Furios
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

By ‘dealt with’ are we talking special operations?

Correct , a bottle of Buckfast over the napper .

9 hours ago, escobri said:

That takes some doing. 😂

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

People still supporting Ukraine atn, but if Putin was to offer cheap energy to UK, it would be interesting to see if that changed, especially when winter kicks in and heating goes on.

Supporting Ukraine or cheaper gas leaving more money in your pocket would be interesting quandary for consumer.

Supporting country hundreds of miles away while own citizens struggle on themselves could change minds.

It shouldn't and it wont. 

Ukraine is the front line, but Putin's Russia poses a far wider existential threat, and should be dealt with on those grounds and those grounds only.

In the final analysis, all other considerations are just window dressing. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

It shouldn't and it wont. 

Ukraine is the front line, but Putin's Russia poses a far wider existential threat, and should be dealt with on those grounds and those grounds only.

In the final analysis, all other considerations are just window dressing. 

Imo, it shouldn't but it might. When push comes to shove, morality often takes a back seat.

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Russians are subhuman scum .

The ones I have met on holiday tend to be arrogant and loud, but subhuman scum maybe a tad too much. 

They definitely stick to their own while almost every other nationality happy to mix and have good time.

If we are talking about sub human scum, then check out Celtic fans on holiday in Las Vegas.

Jeffros Furios
19 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

The ones I have met on holiday tend to be arrogant and loud, but subhuman scum maybe a tad too much. 

They definitely stick to their own while almost every other nationality happy to mix and have good time.

If we are talking about sub human scum, then check out Celtic fans on holiday in Las Vegas.

Celtic fans are even worse than Russians .. 

35 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

One of my ex-cousins (I've disowned him) was in Las Vegas last week obviously for some scummy convention. Every photo on Facebook he had on a scummy top of some description, his wife and bairns too.

:boak:

Edited by graygo

il Duce McTarkin
12 hours ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Celtic fans are even worse than Russians .. 

Unterjocks

Malinga the Swinga
15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

This is one of things the opposition leader Navalny exposed about Putin.

If your going to be a ruthless dictator, you may as well be a wealthy one.