Russia Invades Ukraine

Greenbank2

frankblack
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Ukraine's head of military intelligence has told Sky News that there is a coup already under way in the Kremlin and that Putin is seriously Ill with cancer, he also has several other conditions as well, he is a very sick man he added.

Bellingcat claim that an intercepted memo from FSB HQ confirm that Putin is terminally Ill with blood cancer.

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-news-war-russia-putin-ill-live-nuclear-latest-updates-12541713

3 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

download (8).jpeg

Keegan_3293739b.jpg

I thought there had been reports he had Parkinsons with involuntary trembling of his hand on a public appearance?

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jonesy

• Mikey1874

• redjambo

• JamesM48

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

highlandjambo3
12 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I'm more than happy to go as an envoy and thrash one out with the delectable Sanna Marin.

FTFY 😏👍

JamesM48
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Has she managed to get a presidential visit at the Whitehouse or is she just going to join one of the public tours?

She tried to get passed the Whitehouse security with the well worn phrase " Don't you know who i am?

They replied "No mam, now ,move long " :) 

OIP (4).jpg

Dirk McClaymore
6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I thought there had been reports he had Parkinsons with involuntary trembling of his hand on a public appearance?

I don't really mind what his ailments are, tbh, as long as he's on his way to the cash desk.

Absolute racing certainty that there are internal moves against him either way. The Kremlin is a nest of vipers.

Jambo-Jimbo
48 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Could have that as well as cancer and any number of other illnesses.

Jambo-Jimbo
47 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

She tried to get passed the Whitehouse security with the well worn phrase " Don't you know who i am?

They replied "No mam, now ,move long " :) 

OIP (4).jpg

"Don't you know who I am?

"No Mam"

"Don't you remember, I showed you to your chair and pushed it in for you at Cop26"

"Ah, I remember now, hows the janitor job going.....good.....now move along"

The Mighty Thor

Unsatisfied with getting ridden like sea biscuit on the other SNP threads the trolls turned their guns on unrelated threads. 

JamesM48
11 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Unsatisfied with getting ridden like sea biscuit on the other SNP threads the trolls turned their guns on unrelated threads. 

Touché ! You get your manic hatred about “  the Toaries “ into any subject 😎 

JamesM48
13 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Ps it’s not your thread ! Anyone can comment in it 

jonesy
38 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

25 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Touché ! You get your manic hatred about “  the Toaries “ into any subject 😎 

Occasionally I suffer from insomnia. This kind of pish helps to sort it out.

In other news, seems like auld Putin is nearing the end. Happy days.

Jeffros Furios
4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Occasionally I suffer from insomnia. This kind of pish helps to sort it out.

To finish wee vlad off , we could send him some naked photos of James .

Dirk McClaymore

:sweeet:

Dirk McClaymore
Just now, Jeffros Furios said:

The Kickback nuclear option.

jonesy
2 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Bleach in one hand, burning mask in the other?

Spoiler

Just kidding, James 😛 

Jeffros Furios

Reveal hidden contents

Just kidding, James 😛 

:insufferable:

jonesy
Just now, Jeffros Furios said:

:insufferable:

I wonder if we could turn it into a NFT and sell it for millions. All profits donated to FoH.

JamesM48
19 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

I’ll take one for the team if it ends with peace in the world . I did volunteer earlier in the thread to go over and seduce him a la Mata Hari , as there were bizarre rantings on this that he was a closet homosexual , and he was basically trying to prove his masculinity and also mask his gayness by invading Ukraine . I would then kill him after the act !  Least Putin is a bit of a handsome  bugger.  

JamesM48
22 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Hide contents

Just kidding, James 😛 

DF6503F0-7AFD-4CA7-A18B-911B21490F8C.jpeg.afea3e0b8311e2fe357c950371309b69.jpeg

Jeffros Furios
6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I’ll take one for the team if it ends with peace in the world . I did volunteer earlier in the thread to go over and seduce him a la Mata Hari , as there were bizarre rantings on this that he was a closet homosexual , and he was basically trying to prove his masculinity and also mask his gayness by invading Ukraine . I would then kill him after the act !  Least Putin is a bit of a handsome  bugger.  

:yas:

Zelenskyy: Macron asked Ukraine to make concessions to help Putin save face

‘We won’t help Putin save face by paying with our territory,’ Ukrainian president says.

French President Emmanuel Macron asked Ukraine to make concessions on its sovereignty to help Russian leader Vladimir Putin save face, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said.

In an interview with Italian TV channel RAI’s Porta a Porta talk show broadcast Thursday evening, Zelenskyy was asked about Macron’s comments on Monday, in which he warned Europe must avoid humiliating Putin.

“We want the Russian army to leave our land — we aren’t on Russian soil,” Zelenskyy replied. “We won’t help Putin save face by paying with our territory. That would be unjust.” Zelenskyy added that Ukraine would never recognize Russia’s annexation of Crimea.

Macron was looking “in vain” for “a way out for Russia,” Zelenskyy said.

FSp22ggXwAAfWZN?format=jpg

Thought this was quite an interesting piece by Andrew Neil. It would be great if it's an accurate picture for the next couple of decades and there is a coming together of the free world. Not so sure myself.

Dirk McClaymore
15 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

I’ll take one from the team.  

:wattie:

JamesM48
3 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

:wattie:

actually meant " for the team" a Freudian slip :) 

Mikey1874
7 hours ago, pablo said:

Thought this was quite an interesting piece by Andrew Neil. It would be great if it's an accurate picture for the next couple of decades and there is a coming together of the free world. Not so sure myself.

I think the future pattern will be a little more complicated.

It is true the West in military and maybe economic terms is broadly more united. NATO is strengthened and there is potential for a new economic order that replaces total free trade (and so Russian oil and gas). 

But more democratic? Not when one of the major allies and biggest practical supporters of Ukraine is Turkey who are doing a good job of destroying internal debate and dissent. And when Europe needs middle east oil and gas to wean itself off Russia.

Still lots of blurred lines and fudges.

Jambo-Jimbo

Finnish President tells Putin in a phone call that's it's basically his fault Finland is wanting to join NATO, citing threats Putin made towards Finland last December and the invasion of Ukraine, which has changed the Finnish security outlook.

Can't argue with that, of course Lavroll will claim it's nothing to do with Russia, it's everybody else's fault, as per usual.

Imaman

Let’s hope Russia are handed a massive bill and made to pay it for the devastation and destruction they have done on Ukraine. The world needs to act as one to extract payment from them. Tariffs and taxes on all exports and imports from now on. 

Shooter McGavin
2 hours ago, Imaman said:

Let’s hope Russia are handed a massive bill and made to pay it for the devastation and destruction they have done on Ukraine. The world needs to act as one to extract payment from them. Tariffs and taxes on all exports and imports from now on. 

I’d like to know the extent of the financial damage they’ve already inflicted upon themselves throughout this mess.

Although, it may take years to fully understand the extent of the damage.

And now with Finland and Sweden seemingly making moves towards joining Nato, if Putin were mad enough to launch attacks against those two, I wonder if they’d even be able to afford it.

The impression you get from the media is that they seem to be taking a bit of a bloody nose in Ukraine, and it looks like they don’t really know themselves how they get out of it.

It's going to take YEARS for the Russians to rebuild their armed forces after this, whether they win or lose.

And all that while, NATO will be re-arming.

They're goosed. And they know it.

This is nothing but one last, desperate, pathetic hail-mary action aimed at showing the world that Russia is still a player on the global stage.

A defiant screaming tantrum on their way down the slide to regional power status and global irrelevance.

Afghanistan wasn't enough for them.

Now they face being humiliated in Europe too.

Class of 75
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Cade said:

It's going to take YEARS for the Russians to rebuild their armed forces after this, whether they win or lose.

This is nothing but one last, desperate, pathetic hail-mary action aimed at showing the world that Russia is still a player on the global stage.

A defiant screaming tantrum on their way down the slide to regional power status and global irrelevance.

Hopefully. If you think about it, Russia have never actually won a war in modern times. Beaten in the Crimea, beaten by Japan in 1905, capitulated in WW1, almost defeated in WW2 where only the winter, poor German supply issues and the fact Hitler was fighting on 2 fronts saved them and then defeated in Afghanistan. I know that assessment of WW2 is over simplified and they lost 17 million people in defence of their country but without Allied help they would have fallen. Hopefully they fail again 

Edited by Class of 75

Tommy Brown

Was woken up early this morning in Largo by this big bugger. I assume it must have taken off from Edinburgh. I lost track of it after it was heading over Denmark.

Screenshot_20220515-091643_Freedar Mobile.jpg

2 hours ago, Class of 75 said:

Hopefully. If you think about it, Russia have never actually won a war in modern times. Beaten in the Crimea, beaten by Japan in 1905, capitulated in WW1, almost defeated in WW2 where only the winter, poor German supply issues and the fact Hitler was fighting on 2 fronts saved them and then defeated in Afghanistan. I know that assessment of WW2 is over simplified and they lost 17 million people in defence of their country but without Allied help they would have fallen. Hopefully they fail again 

The Russians may have been almost defeated in WWII but so were we. 

They won it just as much as the Brits, Yanks and French. 

Dirk McClaymore

Who is going to blink first?

jonesy
18 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Who is going to blink first?

Auld Vlad's face is so puffed up now I'm not sure he could even if he wanted to.

Maiden Gorgie
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Was woken up early this morning in Largo by this big bugger. I assume it must have taken off from Edinburgh. I lost track of it after it was heading over Denmark.

Screenshot_20220515-091643_Freedar Mobile.jpg

I was awake at around 4am and heard an aircraft that sounded, well, heavy duty

It had a kind of low rumble to it, said the aviation expert

Edited by Maiden Gorgie

Smithee
21 hours ago, Imaman said:

That gave me shivers reading that, let's hope not eh?

doctor jambo
10 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Indeed, forcing massive reparations on a defeated foe has not exactly worked out in the past

indianajones
9 minutes ago, Smithee said:

JKB at its best. Foreign policy, virology and epidemiology experts every other post in the shed. 

Its a shame as the shed used to be a decent place to visit. 

redjambo
17 hours ago, Cade said:

I still think this was 100% Putin, terminally ill and wanting a last grand personal huzzah by recreating "Grand Russia", reuniting Russia, Ukraine (against its will), and Belarus (willingly) along with (probably) Transnistria, South Ossetia, Abkhazia and Artsakh in order to leave a lasting legacy as the modern-day "first statesman" of Greater Russia, uniter of the Russian peoples.

In his mind, what a vision! What glory he would attain by achieving that! It has completely clouded his eyes and his judgement. On the contrary, he has now effectively destroying Russia as a decent world player for quite a number of years. He knows this but will battle on as he still thinks he will be able to do it. Glory or bust!

Jambo-Jimbo
7 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I still think this was 100% Putin, terminally ill and wanting a last grand personal huzzah by recreating "Grand Russia", reuniting Russia, Ukraine (against its will), and Belarus (willingly) along with (probably) Transnistria, South Ossetia, Abkhazia and Artsakh in order to leave a lasting legacy as the modern-day "first statesman" of Greater Russia, uniter of the Russian peoples.

In his mind, what a vision! What glory he would attain by achieving that! It has completely clouded his eyes and his judgement. On the contrary, he has now effectively destroying Russia as a decent world player for quite a number of years. He knows this but will battle on as he still thinks he will be able to do it. Glory or bust!

A modern day Catherine the Great, he'd love if people were still talking about him 200 years after his death.

He might well get that wish, but probably not in the way he was wanting.

As you say he's destroying Russia, for decades to come.

Shooter McGavin

He’s seriously damaging his own country over an ego-driven quest that seemingly no-one but himself wants.

If the reports that he’s got blood cancer are true, the snivelling little gimp will be long gone whilst his country has been reduced to a backwater s***hole, isolated from the rest of the world.

What a vision.

Mikey1874

UK intelligence assessments generally cautious but they give a fairly bleak assessment of Russian progress today.

Imaman
1 hour ago, indianajones said:

JKB at its best. Foreign policy, virology and epidemiology experts every other post in the shed. 

Its a shame as the shed used to be a decent place to visit. 

And you guys are experts are you!? 

Sharpie

I guess if Putin is pushed hard enough he will achieve his ambition of having the West force him into using his nuclear weapons. I would suspect Finland would be another notch on his belt for his fulfilment, with his mindset it would be difficult to rationalise his ambitions which can only lead to his death and that of possibly many many thousands, if not humanity. Having again, in my life dealt with mentally  challenged sometimes in talking to an afflicted one you can see where there mentally challenged ramblings can make sense to them, Putin I suggest would let you know his ambition is not today, but his name forever in history.

indianajones
1 hour ago, Imaman said:

And you guys are experts are you!? 

That's exactly what I said. 

Sweden's Prime Minister to ask parliament tomorrow to proceed with a NATO membership application.

Maple Leaf
6 hours ago, Norm said:

Some would argue that the Soviets did more to beat Germany than the other allies.  For example, 80% of all German military casualties occurred on the Eastern Front.

But, as has been noted above, WWII was complicated and there are other factors to consider than just casualties inflicted.  However, the Soviet war effort should never be downplayed.

In regards to your "almost defeated" comment, you're spot on.  In mid-1942 the Allies were on the brink.  The battles of Midway and El-Alamein (both close run events) were the start of the comeback.

Dirk McClaymore
39 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Some would argue that the Soviets did more to beat Germany than the other allies.  For example, 80% of all German military casualties occurred on the Eastern Front.

But, as has been noted above, WWII was complicated and there are other factors to consider than just casualties inflicted.  However, the Soviet war effort should never be downplayed.

It  shouldn't be, however it would've ground to an abrupt halt were it not for the Arctic convoys.

They've got a cheek complaining about us sending supplies to the Ukraine.

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

In regards to your "almost defeated" comment, you're spot on.  In mid-1942 the Allies were on the brink.  The battles of Midway and El-Alamein (both close run events) were the start of the comeback.

Provided all the still fighting allies held out Germany had no chance when it went into 1942. That was the point US production in particular was about to overwhelm them.

By 1943 it was now a 2 year long slow retreat all the way back to Berlin.

Weakened Offender
8 hours ago, Norm said:

They won it more.