Russia Invades Ukraine

Greenbank2

il Duce McTarkin
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Takes a lot to shock me these days. 

I could suggest a number of videos available online that might to the trick.

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

I couldn’t do that to an animal. 

You don't need to, the lassies/blokes in the videos do it for the benefit of your leisurely perusal.

• Replies 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Cade

• JFK-1

• redjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jambo-Jimbo

Russia about to shoot itself in the foot again.

From tomorrow they are cutting off gas supplies to Finland.

Finland has responded by replacing Russian gas with LNG supplies, meaning Russia has just deprived itself from any future gas revenues from Finland.

jack D and coke
42 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

I could suggest a number of videos available online that might to the trick.

You don't need to, the lassies/blokes in the videos do it for the benefit of your leisurely perusal.

I’ve probably seen them and sent them around my WhatsApp groups tbh😵💫😐

All roads lead to Gorgie

I always thought the ordinary Russian people were a civilised lot but if their soldiers are capable of barbarism like that then they deserve all the hardships coming to them. That singer at least shows some hope for the future 

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Russia about to shoot itself in the foot again.

From tomorrow they are cutting off gas supplies to Finland.

Finland has responded by replacing Russian gas with LNG supplies, meaning Russia has just deprived itself from any future gas revenues from Finland.

Yup, my CEO signed the deal with the Finns this morning actually to put one of our ships over there before the end of the year to supply them with LNG/natural gas. Quite looking forward to it as a little project - hopefully get a little trip over there at some point. 

https://www.energyvoice.com/oilandgas/europe/lng-europe/413313/finland-estonia-excelerate-fsru/https://www.energyvoice.com/oilandgas/europe/lng-europe/413313/finland-estonia-excelerate-fsru/

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, trotter said:

Yup, my CEO signed the deal with the Finns this morning actually to put one of our ships over there before the end of the year to supply them with LNG/natural gas. Quite looking forward to it as a little project - hopefully get a little trip over there at some point. 

https://www.energyvoice.com/oilandgas/europe/lng-europe/413313/finland-estonia-excelerate-fsru/https://www.energyvoice.com/oilandgas/europe/lng-europe/413313/finland-estonia-excelerate-fsru/

Surely the Russians get the message when the Finns have leased a mobile LNG terminal to cope, that they aren't buying feck all gas from Russia again.

Jambo-Jimbo
2 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I always thought the ordinary Russian people were a civilised lot but if their soldiers are capable of barbarism like that then they deserve all the hardships coming to them. That singer at least shows some hope for the future 

A lot of the soldiers are conscripts, meaning they are ordinary Russian citizens, so yeh, feck them.

After this Russia needs to show huge levels of genuine contrition, before they can ever expect to be accepted as part of the International Community again.....imo.

Russia pondering raising the age cap for contract soldiers from 40 to 45.

Ran out of wee laddies already?

They'll probably lower the minimum age from 18 to 16 at some point too.

Edited by Cade

3 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Surely the Russians get the message when the Finns have leased a mobile LNG terminal to cope, that they aren't buying feck all gas from Russia again.

Not just Finland. Germany has already locked up two ships from one of our competitors, and they are making rumblings about 2 more. Poland are looking for one, as is Turkey and a few others in the East. Russia won't be selling gas to anyone in Europe for a very long time to come. Which will be interesting because they will be needing the money to rebuild their military after this shitshow is finished. 

5 hours ago, trotter said:

Get me a phone number for that Finnish PM.

sanna-marin.jpg

A new development that might be concerning. The US are deploying warships in the Black sea where Russian warships are blockading Ukrainian ports. This comes after Biden had recently mentioned tens of millions of tons of grain lying in Ukrainian silos.

Lying in Silos as parts of the world begin to face severe food shortages due to it and the fat Westerners are facing huge price increases. Obviously none of which are good either internationally, domestically, nor in deprivation it could inflict on potentially billions in poorer countries.

Makes me wonder if this is going to develop into a situation where Russia is going to be told you need to let us get that grain out of there. If you don't we will break your blockade and take it. And what would the response to that be.

24 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

A new development that might be concerning. The US are deploying warships in the Black sea where Russian warships are blockading Ukrainian ports. This comes after Biden had recently mentioned tens of millions of tons of grain lying in Ukrainian silos.

Lying in Silos as parts of the world begin to face severe food shortages due to it and the fat Westerners are facing huge price increases. Obviously none of which are good either internationally, domestically, nor in deprivation it could inflict on potentially billions in poorer countries.

Makes me wonder if this is going to develop into a situation where Russia is going to be told you need to let us get that grain out of there. If you don't we will break your blockade and take it. And what would the response to that be.

EU and other nations in Europe are getting as much grain as they can out via rail and road.
Russia is stealing as much as it can and moving it east.
Everything in the ports is jut stuck there and not going anywhere.

13 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I don't think you are a million miles away from the truth there JFK. At some point, Russia is going to be told in no uncertain terms to start behaving itself or there will be actual consequences. Nobody wants WW3, but at the same time we can't keep letting them take liberties. 

Jambo-Jimbo
14 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Possibly through the UN, there are millions of people on the brink of starvation in the Horn of Africa as it is, the rest of Africa isn't fairing much better and the longer Russia blockades the Black Sea the worse things will get.

The West could & should be putting real pressure on Russia through the UN by trying to get a vote on Russia lifting the blockade, this would not only put Russia under pressure but also China et al, because if they voted against lifting the blockade then they are condemning millions of people to a slow and agonising death.

Sadly, it really is trench warfare now. Not much is going to change in the near future except that Russia is going to get the time and space it needs to consolidate and control the areas it has invaded and make it more difficult for Ukraine to get them back, just like it did with Crimea and the eastern Donbas.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
On 20/05/2022 at 12:42, jack D and coke said:

In the name of god surely this isn’t happening?! What is the matter with humans man

93118CB4-9B25-4582-90AD-C22EC4217B05.jpeg

in other conflicts they have forced the parent to do it to the child or vice versa

not uncommon to use extreme sexual violence as a weapon or means of control - happened a lot in DRC at one point not sure about now 

☹️

Family takes in Ukrainian refugee and dad runs off with her just 10 days later

A dad left his partner of 10 years after falling in love with the Ukrainian refugee they had taken in. Tony Garnett, 29, applied to be part of the Government’s refugee scheme but grew impatient at how long it was taking and joined Facebook groups where Ukrainians were looking for sponsors.

FULL ARTICLE

UKR.jpg

JudyJudyJudy

A great article exposing the links between  the Neo Nazis and Zelensky , and how he is really just a puppet for the west. 

So How Serious is Ukraine’s neo-Nazi Romance? – The Greanville Post

Where do We go from Here?

Well, let me put it this way. The United States and NATO know they cannot defeat Russia or China in a direct war, hence all of these proxy wars these past several years under the guise of “War on Terror.” As David Ignatius honestly expressed, their desire is for a long-drawn war. This is because they believe that they can bankrupt Russia and/or set the stage for internal unrest and eventual coup. However, things are clearly not going as planned.

What has been greatly underestimated in this situation is 1) China’s solid alliance with Russia, 2) that Russia is the most resource abundant country in the world to which Europe is dependant on, and 3) the economic brilliance of Sergey Glazyev.

Russia’s rouble has also not tanked as expected. In fact, it has actually grown stronger than ever.

il Duce McTarkin

Good non-biased article that.

It's nice to read some agenda-free stuff in amongst all the propaganda, conspiracy, pseudo-science, nonsense.

Edited by Dirk McClaymore

2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Family takes in Ukrainian refugee and dad runs off with her just 10 days later

A dad left his partner of 10 years after falling in love with the Ukrainian refugee they had taken in. Tony Garnett, 29, applied to be part of the Government’s refugee scheme but grew impatient at how long it was taking and joined Facebook groups where Ukrainians were looking for sponsors.

FULL ARTICLE

UKR.jpg

Where do I sign up?

The ruble has only stabilised as the russian cental bank imposed massive interest rates and banned companies from being paid in any other currency or making new contracts outside of russia.

It's been artificially stabilised by nefarious, desperate measures that can't last long.

One russian minister has already let slip that their logistics have been crippled by sanctions and that new trade routes across the Caspian sea are being established as an alternative.

Interest rates are at 14%, inflation is at 18%, economy estimated to shrink by 10%. 

That's a brutal set of figures.

On 21/05/2022 at 14:36, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Possibly through the UN, there are millions of people on the brink of starvation in the Horn of Africa as it is, the rest of Africa isn't fairing much better and the longer Russia blockades the Black Sea the worse things will get.

The West could & should be putting real pressure on Russia through the UN by trying to get a vote on Russia lifting the blockade, this would not only put Russia under pressure but also China et al, because if they voted against lifting the blockade then they are condemning millions of people to a slow and agonising death.

In general Aftican countries have stayed 'neutral' over Ukraine. So don't seem too unhappy about Russia's actions. 

thewiseone

People choosing to support Ukraine, driven by the media story, the same media who convinced the population at large about the scamdemic of covid, the need to wear masks, isolate etc.

Its time to start thinking for yourself.

No mask ever, no vaccine nor booster, never isolated, no social distancing, in fact have done everything in opposition to the rules as layed down by government etc.

Still waiting for my dose of Covid, never felt better, anyone know how that works?

Coupled with this back to watching the famous ,, but so disappointed in Saturdays lack of fitness after the 90 mins.

I wonder what part the vaccines had in negating our players energy levels, after all ours in charge at the club got fully behind the covid vaccination policy, i suspect most of the first team will have been done , I suppose we can be thank ful none of them toppled due to myocarditis enduced by the vaccination.

Glad to be back 

highlandjambo3
20 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

People choosing to support Ukraine, driven by the media story, the same media who convinced the population at large about the scamdemic of covid, the need to wear masks, isolate etc.

No mask ever, no vaccine nor booster, never isolated, no social distancing, in fact have done everything in opposition to the rules as layed down by government etc.

Still waiting for my dose of Covid, never felt better, anyone know how that works?

Coupled with this back to watching the famous ,, but so disappointed in Saturdays lack of fitness after the 90 mins.

I wonder what part the vaccines had in negating our players energy levels, after all ours in charge at the club got fully behind the covid vaccination policy, i suspect most of the first team will have been done , I suppose we can be thank ful none of them toppled due to myocarditis enduced by the vaccination.

Glad to be back 

So you dont support Ukrainian then?  I get your spin on the media……COVID was all but invisible and unknown to us and, we put our full trust in the so called professional who often got it wrong.  The same media are now showing us death and destruction on a massive scale………you suppose they’re making it up?  

Take your post to the COVID thread and, I’d think about a name change as well 😁

Edited by highlandjambo3

Jeffros Furios
30 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

Glad to be back 

:gok: :gok::gok:

3 hours ago, thewiseone said:

Glad to be back 

Post of the year .

🤣

14 hours ago, thewiseone said:

Glad to be back 

This isn't the thread for it.

All roads lead to Gorgie
4 hours ago, Taffin said:

This isn't the thread for it.

There is no thread for flat earth thinking like that. Count the idiots in your villages please folks.

18 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

So you dont support Ukrainian then?  I get your spin on the media……COVID was all but invisible and unknown to us and, we put our full trust in the so called professional who often got it wrong.  The same media are now showing us death and destruction on a massive scale………you suppose they’re making it up?  

I bet the doctor slapped your maw, when you born.

highlandjambo3
6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I bet the doctor slapped your maw, when you born.

What you on about……..my mum passed away recently so you should not be making throw away remarks like that, considering your statement had absolutely nothing to do with what I posted.

NEVER EVER reply to any of my posts ever again.

Edited by highlandjambo3

10 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

What you on about……..my mum passed away recently so you should not be making throw away remarks like that, considering your statement had absolutely nothing to do with what I posted.

NEVER EVER reply to any of my posts ever again.

Sorry pal, I meant to quote the wise one.

Please accept my apologies. 

Robbies right hand man
18 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

People should read up on the Neo-Nazi influence in the Ukraine government.

Not saying the Russian side are in the right (far from it) but Ukraine is not innocent in this either.

The west had started to back the Neo Nazi side and the concerns about NATO are valid as well.

8 minutes ago, Robbies right hand man said:

People should read up on the Neo-Nazi influence in the Ukraine government.

Not saying the Russian side are in the right (far from it) but Ukraine is not innocent in this either.

The west had started to back the Neo Nazi side and the concerns about NATO are valid as well.

Need to read up on the neo Nazi influence in Russia (and places like the British Army). Much easier to find too because it's an actual real thing. 

Need to explain more how Ukraine is in the wrong. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Robbies right hand man
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Need to read up on the neo Nazi influence in Russia. Much easier to find too because it's an actual real thing. 

Need to explain more how Ukraine is in the wrong. 

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2018/mar/13/ukraine-far-right-national-militia-takes-law-into-own-hands-neo-nazi-links

This is an article from 2018. There has been oppressive behavior form this lot to the Russian speaking people in the Donbas region for years now. Google it and you'll see Western media reports of this dating back to 2016.

The Ukraine government started to support this lot after the uprising in 2014 where the Neo-Nazi lot supported the now government. They now have offices in the capital and are intertwined with the Ukrainian government.

This, along with the threat of further NATO expansion has caused this. Russia is by no means an innocent party (far from it) but the media reports just now do not go into the full story.

Everyone should do their own research and understand the complexity of the situation rather than buying the simple narrative of "Russia bad" stories.

Jeffros Furios
3 minutes ago, Robbies right hand man said:

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2018/mar/13/ukraine-far-right-national-militia-takes-law-into-own-hands-neo-nazi-links

This is an article from 2018. There has been oppressive behavior form this lot to the Russian speaking people in the Donbas region for years now. Google it and you'll see Western media reports of this dating back to 2016.

The Ukraine government started to support this lot after the uprising in 2014 where the Neo-Nazi lot supported the now government. They now have offices in the capital and are intertwined with the Ukrainian government.

This, along with the threat of further NATO expansion has caused this. Russia is by no means an innocent party (far from it) but the media reports just now do not go into the full story.

Everyone should do their own research and understand the complexity of the situation rather than buying the simple narrative of "Russia bad" stories.

A lots changed in 4 yrs and it you knew anything about it you wouldn't of quoted that article .

Check out Wagner Group and thier close ties to Putin and openly nazi symbols and tattoos. 

See what they've done in Syria and Central African Republic .

7 minutes ago, Robbies right hand man said:

Russia caused this, nobody else.

That isn't to say the stuff you mentioned doesn't happen or isn't unsavoury but it's nowt to do with Russia really.

9 minutes ago, Robbies right hand man said:

I did. I posted it on thread. The history and development. And it is true Zelensky kept in good relations with the far right leaders. Maybe he thought there was a risk of invasion.

But you need to do better to justify the invasion. 

Sawdust Caesar
12 minutes ago, Robbies right hand man said:

And at the foot of that Guardian article there are stories about the far-right in Sweden, Germany, Spain, Hungary and France, maybe Putin should invade them as well seen as he's so concerned about the far-right. 

17 minutes ago, Robbies right hand man said:

But that still remains part of Ukraine. That absolutely needs to be sorted out, but the fact they were simply Russian-speaking does not give Russia a right to invade a sovereign country. 

Robbies right hand man
6 minutes ago, trotter said:

But that still remains part of Ukraine. That absolutely needs to be sorted out, but the fact they were simply Russian-speaking does not give Russia a right to invade a sovereign country. 

They consider themselves Russian by all means. Self determination as the west would call it

Robbies right hand man
8 minutes ago, Sawdust Caesar said:

And at the foot of that Guardian article there are stories about the far-right in Sweden, Germany, Spain, Hungary and France, maybe Putin should invade them as well seen as he's so concerned about the far-right. 

The difference is mate that in those listed countries, these Nazi's don't have influence with the government and army

Robbies right hand man
14 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I did. I posted it on thread. The history and development. And it is true Zelensky kept in good relations with the far right leaders. Maybe he thought there was a risk of invasion.

But you need to do better to justify the invasion. 

I'm not justifying it - it's a very complex and messy situation. Russia should not have invaded in my opinion but the narrative should be honest and many just believe what we read in our media 

2 minutes ago, Robbies right hand man said:

I'm not justifying it - it's a very complex and messy situation. Russia should not have invaded in my opinion but the narrative should be honest and many just believe what we read in our media 

But the neo-nazi claim is rubbish. 

The units have evolved and are part of the armed forces. Following the Azov battalion online there is no sign of anything but bravery and patriotism of the men and women (yes there a lot of women in Ukraine's armed forces).

Zelensky does have questions to answer. With support in elections for the far right at 2% he has kept their leaders closer than normal. But maybe he was preparing for the unity needed to fight a war.

Ukraine is a democratic country. Its problems are things like pollution and corruption (a bit more than for example in UK) which are some of the barriers to EU membership.

Neo-nazi and far right is no more an issue than elsewhere. Germany, Britain, US for example.

Its just excusing Russia. 

Robbies right hand man
19 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

But the neo-nazi claim is rubbish. 

The units have evolved and are part of the armed forces. Following the Azov battalion online there is no sign of anything but bravery and patriotism of the men and women (yes there a lot of women in Ukraine's armed forces).

Zelensky does have questions to answer. With support in elections for the far right at 2% he has kept their leaders closer than normal. But maybe he was preparing for the unity needed to fight a war.

Ukraine is a democratic country. Its problems are things like pollution and corruption (a bit more than for example in UK) which are some of the barriers to EU membership.

Neo-nazi and far right is no more an issue than elsewhere. Germany, Britain, US for example.

Its just excusing Russia. 

It really isn't rubbish.

Plenty of reports (not just media reports) well established to be true, before any of this.

The UN has a report on it back in 2015  and 2016

8 minutes ago, Robbies right hand man said:

It really isn't rubbish.

Plenty of reports (not just media reports) well established to be true, before any of this.

The UN has a report on it back in 2015  and 2016

So what parts of Russia's invasion do you approve off?

Robbies right hand man
13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I don't agree with it. Made that quite clear

il Duce McTarkin
10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I particularly like the raping, looting, summary executions, and general barbarity.

Definitely the way that Scotland should look to go in any future border disputes with our own hard-right neighbours.