Russia Invades Ukraine

Greenbank2

36 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Thanks Cade, I hadn't seen that. I still think he's angling for concessions, but the rhetoric has certainly been upped a notch.

Yeah

Turkey won't block Finland and Sweden. Probably want money and taking a chance to make points about Sweden's attitude to groups Turkey say are terrorists. Among other things. 

But Turkey is flying most of the US arms into Ukraine. So hardly anti NATO. 

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Cade

• JFK-1

• redjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

No serious talks about a settlement but still some positives between Russia and Ukraine.

That's great news if true. I was under the impression that evacuating wounded soldiers from Azovstal was a Russian no-no red line.

Jeffros Furios
9 minutes ago, redjambo said:

That's great news if true. I was under the impression that evacuating wounded soldiers from Azovstal was a Russian no-no red line.

BBC reporting that they've now  arrived in Ukranian  territory.  

Some good news at last. 

After a few days of (relative) quiet on the fronts, the last couple of days seem to have shown a great deal more Russian shelling of Ukrainian towns and villages along with renewed Russian attempts to advance, almost all of these repelled by the Ukrainians. The Ukrainians are starting to make headway to the north of Kharkiv and may also be concentrating in a similar manner on Kherson.

It's almost as if the Russians are trying to give it a big push and swing the momentum before the bulk of the reinforced equipment arrives from the West. If it doesn't work, which I don't think it will, I can't see the Russians putting up with death by a thousand cuts, experiencing small defeats and setbacks every day. As with the area north of Kiev, I think they may well execute a "planned withdrawal" to Crimea and the previously-occupied Donbas, claiming that they achieved what they came to do.

The thing is, earlier on in the war, Ukraine would have readily accepted this in a negotiated agreement between the two countries, but I don't think they will do so now. The rhetoric coming from Ukraine in recent days has been very much in favour of retaking *all* their land. So, if Russia withdraws, it will be interesting to see if the Ukrainians chase after them into eastern Donbas. Crimea is a different ballgame and I think even Ukraine may concede that it's a piece of their territory too far. I'd like them to take it back, but the Russians will defend Crimea in a way very unlike that in which they will defend eastern Donbas, and the pressure domestically will be on the Russian leadership to do anything to keep Crimea.

Sadly, this is not over by a long way.

To appease the occasional poster on this thread that bellyaches about JKB "experts", I am of course not an expert and do not claim to be. :)

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Exactly what an undercover expert would say, red :liesalarm:

You don't break my cover, jonesy, I won't break yours. ;)

Japan Jambo
21 minutes ago, redjambo said:

After a few days of (relative) quiet on the fronts, the last couple of days seem to have shown a great deal more Russian shelling of Ukrainian towns and villages along with renewed Russian attempts to advance, almost all of these repelled by the Ukrainians. The Ukrainians are starting to make headway to the north of Kharkiv and may also be concentrating in a similar manner on Kherson.

It's almost as if the Russians are trying to give it a big push and swing the momentum before the bulk of the reinforced equipment arrives from the West. If it doesn't work, which I don't think it will, I can't see the Russians putting up with death by a thousand cuts, experiencing small defeats and setbacks every day. As with the area north of Kiev, I think they may well execute a "planned withdrawal" to Crimea and the previously-occupied Donbas, claiming that they achieved what they came to do.

The thing is, earlier on in the war, Ukraine would have readily accepted this in a negotiated agreement between the two countries, but I don't think they will do so now. The rhetoric coming from Ukraine in recent days has been very much in favour of retaking *all* their land. So, if Russia withdraws, it will be interesting to see if the Ukrainians chase after them into eastern Donbas. Crimea is a different ballgame and I think even Ukraine may concede that it's a piece of their territory too far. I'd like them to take it back, but the Russians will defend Crimea in a way very unlike that in which they will defend eastern Donbas, and the pressure domestically will be on the Russian leadership to do anything to keep Crimea.

Sadly, this is not over by a long way.

To appease the occasional poster on this thread that bellyaches about JKB "experts", I am of course not an expert and do not claim to be. :)

Given that it's an internet forum it'd be pretty dull if folks said nowt.

Just now, Japan Jambo said:

My approach exactly, JJ. If we were only allowed to speak on our fields of relative expertise, I would have to bore you senseless about Linux, genealogy and hitch-hiking, and I'm sure you wouldn't want that. Even baby boxes are more interesting. :D

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Having just run a patcher thing to update my old Mac on Monterey OS, I'd take your first on the list...

You'd have to be quick about it though. For a while, when I was getting into Linux, I really did get into a lot of the nuts and bolts. Much of that is receding in my brain now and I'm just using it as an operating system without thinking *too* much about what's underneath. I've never run it on a Mac either. From our past conversations though, I thought you were using Linux, at least on one of your boxen.

To anyone else looking in, the above is of course an undercover Russia-Ukraine secret cypher code, so not as much off-topic as it may appear. ;)

JudyJudyJudy
9 hours ago, jonesy said:

Ha! Always have a Mint USB install in my desk drawer as an emergency backup. Switched to Mac during Covid as Zoom wasn't stable enough on Linux at the time and haven't looked back. 

Really fancy downloading and running Astra Linux, just to see how long it'd take for GCHQ reps to pop round for a chat, especially in the present climate.

That's all gobbly **** to me :) 

JudyJudyJudy
10 hours ago, redjambo said:

My approach exactly, JJ. If we were only allowed to speak on our fields of relative expertise, I would have to bore you senseless about Linux, genealogy and hitch-hiking, and I'm sure you wouldn't want that. Even baby boxes are more interesting. :D

I decided at the beginning of the conflict that i wasn't going to watch any news items or read much about this issue. If only for my mental health really , as I'm sick to the stomach with the mass media scaring us . FIrst covid and now this. 

* actually been doing it for years regarding threats of Nuclear conflict. The earliest one i recall was when Russia invaded Afghanistan and we were apparently on " the brink of nuclear war".  A young James watched all the news programmes awaiting the impending doom . which never happened. Sorry a very young James I may add :) 

Wish i hadn't paid so much attention to covid but learnt my lesson.  Its surprising how good it is to just ignore all the news. Actually any news. I hardly have a clue what's going on around the world ( yes i know some will say well " we knew that" ) but seriously if you dont consume all the state induced fear it can do wonders for you.  There's nothing i can do to help the people of Ukraine. Ill leave that to those who think they know better , like Govt leaders. I feel for them and wish Russia would just withdraw but it seems they are too deep and don't want to lose face.  Sad times. 

Ukraine has evacuated many dozens of (mostly wounded) soldiers from the Azovstal steel plant in Mariupol.

More still remain in the steelworks but this is a publicity and tactical victory, even if the steel plant eventually does fall.

Jambo-Jimbo
12 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

It's all about opinions, even the so called 'experts' are simply expressing their opinion on any giving subject, just exactly the same as everyone of us do, granted they might know more about the subject in question, but it's just their opinion at the end of the day, an opinion which other 'experts' often dispute and disagree with.

il Duce McTarkin

Uncle Vlad now taking personal control of operations in Donbas.

He's got his tactics spot on so far, tbf.

The Mighty Thor
24 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Uncle Vlad now taking personal control of operations in Donbas.

He's got his tactics spot on so far, tbf.

I'm sure there's a depsotic dictator in Europe's not too distant history that didn't trust his generals and took personal control of his invasion strategy in Operation Barbarossa.

Worked a treat IIRC. 

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

I'd rather the experts had remained pert.

:D (with a huge groan)

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I'm sure there's a depsotic dictator in Europe's not too distant history that didn't trust his generals and took personal control of his invasion strategy in Operation Barbarossa.

Worked a treat IIRC. 

Hopefully his shaky hand doesn't stop him from finding his mouth with the cyanide

Sawdust Caesar
17 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

No serious talks about a settlement but still some positives between Russia and Ukraine.

If any of those Russian troops are wounded then I'm sure they wont be so keen to be exchanged given the story about a Russian lieutenant-colonel shooting dead his own troops that were too wounded to continue fighting.

Jambo-Jimbo
26 minutes ago, Sawdust Caesar said:

If any of those Russian troops are wounded then I'm sure they wont be so keen to be exchanged given the story about a Russian lieutenant-colonel shooting dead his own troops that were too wounded to continue fighting.

The Chechens are alleged to have done similar, not to their own but wounded Russian soldiers.

Sawdust Caesar
16 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The Chechens are alleged to have done similar, not to their own but wounded Russian soldiers.

Yes, I  also read that they were threatening to shoot any Russians who tried to retreat. And a few weeks ago there was a gunfight between Chechens and ethnic Russians (who were from the far eastern part of the country) after the Chechens stole all the stuff the Russians had looted from Ukrainian homes. Apparently the FSB had to step in to prevent further bloodshed. I believe there is still a lot of bad blood between Russians and Chechens and that many Russians are not happy with having to fight alongside an old enemy

joondalupjambo

Do the soldiers, defender's in the steel plant not like the Ukrainian Government?  Where will they go when the prisoner exchanges happen?  

Just now, joondalupjambo said:

Do the soldiers, defender's in the steel plant not like the Ukrainian Government?  Where will they go when the prisoner exchanges happen?  

They are heroes in Ukraine. And Zelensky kept good relationships with their more right wing leaders after he became Prime Minister for which he was widely criticised.

It is true some things have been said about a lack of support. But the fog of war makes everything about it unclear. What has been made clear is they have followed the orders of Ukraine senior military. 

The key thing is that Ukraine gets them to safety. They are in great danger going to Russian controlled areas. 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

They are heroes in Ukraine. And Zelensky kept good relationships with their more right wing leaders after he became Prime Minister for which he was widely criticised.

It is true some things have been said about a lack of support. But the fog of war makes everything about it unclear. What has been made clear is they have followed the orders of Ukraine senior military. 

The key thing is that Ukraine gets them to safety. They are in great danger going to Russian controlled areas. 

Especially as there are now moves afoot in Russia to have them declared as war criminals and also not to allow them to be exchanged for Russian POWs. As Zelenskyy has pointed out, there's still a lot of delicate negotiating to go on before they can head back to Ukraine. I'm not so sure releasing them into Russian hands was the best of ideas, but I suppose when it comes down to it, it was either that or see them all die.

joondalupjambo
13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Sounds like walking a tightrope for poor Zelensky but can see absolutely why these guys will be held in high regard.  Political issues in that area must be a nightmare for the central government to manage.

First War Crimes trial starts in Kyiv.

21-year-old Russian tank commander pleads guilty to murdering an unarmed 62-year-old civilian.

il Duce McTarkin

There's a lassie on LBC just now who's been in the Ukraine seeking out war crimes.

The stories she's telling are truly harrowing. The Russians are out of control.

It's systematic barbarity. These people can't be human.

2 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

There's a lassie on LBC just now who's been in the Ukraine seeking out war crimes.

The stories she's telling are truly harrowing. The Russians are out of control.

It's systematic barbarity. These people can't be human.

Sadly, Dirk, being human isn't all it's cracked up to be.

il Duce McTarkin
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Sadly, Dirk, being human isn't all it's cracked up to be.

I know, red, I know. but we have to live in hope that if we keep trying then one day civilisation might break out :(

When you hear stories like these it's truly heartbreaking.

These were normal people minding their own business, living normal lives, who have found themselves raped, tortured, humiliated, executed, in what should be the sanctity of their own ****ing towns and villages.

Who wantonly kills children, ffs?

The Russians aren't an invading military force, they're a rapacious hoard of common thugs and murderers filling their boots.

Be in no doubt, this doctrine comes straight from the top.

34 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

I know, red, I know. but we have to live in hope that if we keep trying then one day civilisation might break out :(

When you hear stories like these it's truly heartbreaking.

These were normal people minding their own business, living normal lives, who have found themselves raped, tortured, humiliated, executed, in what should be the sanctity of their own ****ing towns and villages.

Who wantonly kills children, ffs?

The Russians aren't an invading military force, they're a rapacious hoard of common thugs and murderers filling their boots.

:spoton:

Paywall article so copied in full

RICHARD SPENCER | DISPATCH

Partisans who helped to halt Russia’s advance on Kyiv paid with their lives

Ukrainian villagers were hunted down, one by one, by Putin’s vengeful military police, writes Richard Spencer

Alona Ganiuk’s husband Vadym was shot in their cellar after informers pointed him out to the Russian military policeAlona Ganiuk’s husband Vadym was shot in their cellar after informers pointed him out to the Russian military police.

There are many reasons that Russia’s 40-mile column of tanks failed to encircle Kyiv. Anatoliy Kybukevych’s band of partisans is one of them, but they paid a terrible price.

The local home guard chief and his men stayed behind when the Russians seized their village of Andriivka, on the column’s path through the Kyiv countryside. Kybukevych and his men called in Russian positions to Ukrainian forces, aiding a precise and destructive targeting of the column.

The Russian troops’ thrust to Kyiv faltered, then ground to a halt, then they eventually fled north back across the Belarus border, but for the partisans there was no moment of triumph: someone had informed on them.

Anatoliy Kybukevych, mayor of Andriivka, survived the military police manhunt but many of his comrades did not
Anatoliy Kybukevych, mayor of Andriivka, survived the military police manhunt but many of his comrades did not
TIMES PHOTOGRAPHER JACK HILL

On March 12 Russia’s black-clad military police came for Vadym Ganiuk, 33, who lived on the northern edge of Andriivka. They dragged him into his cellar, beat him, shot him in the knees and shoulders, put a bag over his head and finished him off with a round to the head. They did the same to Ganiuk’s nextdoor neighbour, Vitaliy Kybukevych, 45, a cousin of Anatoliy.

Ruslan Yaremchuk died on the same day, although the circumstances are less clear. His body was discovered, bound hand and foot, when his neighbours, the Oleksienko brothers, returned to the ruins of their bombed-out house after the Russians fled. They found Yaremchuk’s decaying body slumped in their back garden. He had also been shot.

In those early days, when a siege of Kyiv appeared imminent, much was written about the giant column of tanks snaking down the west side of the city, visible from space. The Russians appeared to have victory within their grasp and there has been much speculation about why the advance failed.

Satellite images of the 40-mile column of Russian military hardware headed for Kyiv were broadcast around the world
Satellite images of the 40-mile column of Russian military hardware headed for Kyiv were broadcast around the world
MAXAR TECH/AFP VIA GETTY IMAGES

Much of what was written was true: their vehicles were poorly maintained. The tanks tried to turn east, towards the city’s outskirts, but became bogged down in mud. But because the Ukrainian forces restricted access to the area the pattern of the battle has been little understood. Still less has been told of the cost to the Ukrainian side.

A tour of the villages at the column’s end provides some answers. The Russians came in waves, said Grigory Klymenko, who watched them go past his house on February 26. The first column had 280 vehicles, the second 170, stretching in a line from Borodyanka, west of Kyiv, south through Andriivka, to the town of Makariv, a mile north of the E40 highway.

A linked column flanked this one down roads to the west, crossing the highway and ending south of the village of Motyzhyn. The first thrust, though, came to a stop in Makariv.

Northwest of Makariv the burnt remains of a Ukrainian tank lie in a ploughed field. Drone photos of destroyed armour are generally assumed to be showing Russian models, but that is not always the case.

In the town, the defenders took up positions by the bridge. Nearby is the bakery which sold a locally celebrated white loaf, eulogised early in the conflict in articles by Andrei Kurkov, Ukraine’s internationally celebrated novelist. It had been evacuated, and a company of Ukrainian troops was billeted in its dormitory. At 5.40am on March 7 it took a direct hit from a cruise missile, killing more than 30, said Anatoliy Denysenko, a territorial defence captain who led the rescue attempts. “Some were still in their sleeping bags,” he said.

Countless homes in Makariv and other villages now lie in ruins
Countless homes in Makariv and other villages now lie in ruins

All along the column’s route lies more evidence of the fighting. At the junction of the E40 a business park was mauled by air strikes as the Russians tried to fight their way on to it. The highway would have given direct access to the city.

The Russians also attacked farther to the east, from Motyzhyn, south of the E40, but again they were held up. The remains of two Russians tanks, marked with the column’s trademark “V”, lie next to a stork’s nest east of the business park, showing the limits of their attack.

Frustrated, the invaders turned on Motyzhyn’s mayor, Olga Sukhenko, 50. She was shot dead on March 23, along with her husband Ihor and son Oleksandr, according to her son-in-law. The bodies were found in a shallow grave on April 2, after the Russian withdrawal.

The Russians were unrelenting even when residents tried to flee: the road south from Motyzhyn went along a tree-lined lane to the next village, Yasnohorodka, but cars were shelled as they passed. It is unclear how many people died, but 37 bodies have been found nearby.

This was around the time satellite pictures suggest that the Russian artillery commanders, more confident as temperatures warmed and the ground dried, were trying to get away from the road where their vehicles had become sitting ducks, taking up positions under the cover of the treeline.

Mariia, mother of the Oleksienko brothers, had a good view of what happened next. “The artillery were in the fields over there, firing,” she said. “Then they would run for shelter from the return fire. They would park up with all the fuel tanks and armoured cars next to the houses, to hide behind us.”

A cat-and-mouse game ensued. Kybukevych’s men had a hideout in the hamlet of Chervona Hirka, on a rise just outside of Andriivka. With binoculars they could look down on the artillery, and phone the positions in.

The effect on the village was catastrophic. The main street is now lined with the skeletons of roofless houses, destroyed by the Ukrainian artillery fire which targeted the troops stationed inside and the ammunition trucks parked outside.

Any homes in the village of Andriivka still standing were looted by the fleeing Russian forces
Any homes in the village of Andriivka still standing were looted by the fleeing Russian forces

The quality of the information Kybukevych’s men was providing is evidenced by the fact that Grigory Klymenko’s house was untouched. Kybukevych, who is also village mayor, said not a single resident had been killed by shelling from either side during the occupation.

But male residents who encountered the Russian military police — increasingly paranoid, and with good reason — were not so lucky. One man was stopped on his bicycle and shot dead on the spot. Another was killed taking a stroll. In all, at least 13 villagers were murdered during the occupation, Kybukevych said, five of whom were working for him.

Then one day it was all over and the column left as quickly as it arrived. The retreating Russians told Klymenko that of the 2,500 men who had accompanied the first armoured column only 80 went home. Whether those figures are correct is impossible to say, but it is clear the Russians took a battering.

The villagers are now trying to make sense of the explosion of violence. Kybukevych is modest about his achievements, and clear-eyed about his men’s fate: they knew the risks they were taking, he said.

That was certainly the case for Vadym Ganiuk, whose wife Alona, 25, constantly reminded him of them. “I told him to be careful,” she said outside their home, where he met his end. “I was always terrified what would happen.”

Their five-year-old son was riding his bike nearby. His bed has a shocking souvenir: in some sort of statement, the Russians fired a single shot through his dinosaur-decorated pillow.

His father is in the stars, his mother has told him. When the sun is shining, he is smiling, and when it is raining, he is crying for them.

A family portrait of Vadym Ganiuk with his wife Alona and son
A family portrait of Vadym Ganiuk with his wife Alona and son
The Russian invaders have left but life for Alona Ganiuk and her family has changed forever
The Russian invaders have left but life for Alona Ganiuk and her family has changed forever

Their neighbour Viktor, who found Vadym’s and Vitaliy’s bodies, buried them in the field behind the house. He was also Alona’s godfather and he phoned to tell her that her fears had been realised. “I just screamed and screamed,” she said.

Before they left the Russians looted the abandoned houses, Grigory Klymenko said. But the villages which hosted the hated column have lost far more than washing machines and fridges.

Edited by Mikey1874

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Absolutely, if it were the odd incident here or there, then you could put that down to a rogue unit, but when you get multiple similar incidences in multiple different locations carried out by multiple different units, then that's not random, it's as you say doctrine.

Especially when this isn't the first war that Russian soldiers/thugs have carried on this way.

The lack of NCO's in the Russian army is part of the problem, there simply isn't anyone to keep discipline amongst the troops, hence why they are out of control a lot of the time, this and the fact most will get away with it.

18 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The strategy is to deliberately destroy Ukraine.

Its systematic not a few rogue soldiers. 

:spoton: It's a deliberate choice made by those at the top to use terror, torture, rape, murder and looting as weapons of war.

Jambo-Jimbo
15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's terrorism, scare abuse and oppress the population, the Russians use it as a weapon, and because they don't have NCO's then those orders are coming from high up the chain of command, maybe even the very top.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
19 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

It's terrorism, scare abuse and oppress the population, the Russians use it as a weapon, and because they don't have NCO's then those orders are coming from high up the chain of command, maybe even the very top.

They’re creating generations of sworn enemies in Ukraine. Kids will grow up being taught not to piss on a Russian if you see him on fire. Hate breeds hate 

Armageddon

So this Inverness to Moscow flight 2 days after the flight ban and invasion of Ukraine.  The jet then left Moscow and landed in Geneva.  The flight sanctioned by the UK government.

https://news.sky.com/story/snp-calls-for-boris-johnson-to-explain-why-private-jet-was-allowed-to-leave-uk-for-russia-despite-flight-ban-12616118

Who the heck would be flying out of Inverness to Moscow, private jet, UK government sanctioned with a flight ban in place?

Somebody from London using Inverness as a back door exit?

Edited by Armageddon

Jambo-Jimbo
2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

They’re creating generations of sworn enemies in Ukraine. Kids will grow up being taught not to piss on a Russian if you see him on fire. Hate breeds hate 

Yes, there is no way things will ever be the same between Ukraine & Russia, that's for sure.

4 hours ago, Armageddon said:

So this Inverness to Moscow flight 2 days after the flight ban and invasion of Ukraine.  The jet then left Moscow and landed in Geneva.  The flight sanctioned by the UK government.

https://news.sky.com/story/snp-calls-for-boris-johnson-to-explain-why-private-jet-was-allowed-to-leave-uk-for-russia-despite-flight-ban-12616118

Who the heck would be flying out of Inverness to Moscow, private jet, UK government sanctioned with a flight ban in place?

I don’t know but there are lots of big estates and land-owners up here.

5 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Alex Salmondski? 

Armageddon
5 hours ago, FWJ said:

I don’t know but there are lots of big estates and land-owners up here.

I did think that but they’d have known well in advance any flight blocks were coming, it can’t be as simple and corrupt as one of Boris’ donor pals surely?

A guy in Russia who is clearly gulag bound after this little tirade, and reportedly was indeed immediately arrested. But it does demonstrate there's growing dissent and the audience appear to be appreciative of his thoughts. The bottom video has a translation of what he's saying.

Starting with "And now people of Ukraine are being murdered" 

On 18/05/2022 at 18:15, Mikey1874 said:

Putting the tragedy aside for a minute.

This isn't a tickling competition, when you decide to go to war, all bets are off and you kill everything that moves. You have to decide if you can live with that.

Putin is there to destroy Ukraine and The Ukraine president has called for all men to return and fight, so if you're a Russia soldier, all Ukrainian Men of any age are the enemy. 

Sick shit happens throughout the world, during war and peace, it only comes into focus when we shine a spotlight on it, and to be honest, no-one really gives a feck, otherwise, we'd have boots on the ground, but we don't and people only really care when the enemy is walking up their street. 

Tell me, how often do folk actually think about what's happening in the Ukraine.

Good luck Ukraine, I wish the west had the balls to really back you up, as this would not be happening, but it is and you are just collateral damage. 

Anyway I'll just sit here shouting at the telly and reading war strategy on JKB from the comfort of my home, knowing if it kicks off American will sort it out. 

Oh and as soon as I put the telly off and go to work, I won't really think about what's happening in Ukraine, sorry. Shite, intit.

Edited by ri Alban

Japan Jambo
7 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

A guy in Russia who is clearly gulag bound after this little tirade, and reportedly was indeed immediately arrested. But it does demonstrate there's growing dissent and the audience appear to be appreciative of his thoughts. The bottom video has a translation of what he's saying.

brave man, I'm sure he knew this would have consequences but nonetheless ran toward the guns 👏

Ron Burgundy
6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Putting the tragedy aside for a minute.

This isn't a tickling competition, when you decide to go to war, all bets are off and you kill everything that moves. You have to decide if you can live with that.

Putin is there to destroy Ukraine and The Ukraine president has called for all men to return and fight, so if you're a Russia soldier, all Ukrainian Men of any age are the enemy. 

Sick shit happens throughout the world, during war and peace, it only comes into focus when we shine a spotlight on it, and to be honest, no-one really gives a feck, otherwise, we'd have boots on the ground, but we don't and people only really care when the enemy is walking up their street. 

Tell me, how often do folk actually think about what's happening in the Ukraine.

Good luck Ukraine, I wish the west had the balls to really back you up, as this would not be happening, but it is and you are just collateral damage. 

Anyway I'll just sit here shouting at the telly and reading war strategy on JKB from the comfort of my home, knowing if it kicks off American will sort it out. 

Oh and as soon as I put the telly off and go to work, I won't really think about what's happening in Ukraine, sorry. Shite, intit.

Agreed.
Changing your FB profile pic isn't changing the world.

10 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Brave dude

il Duce McTarkin
45 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

In the name of god surely this isn’t happening?! What is the matter with humans man

93118CB4-9B25-4582-90AD-C22EC4217B05.jpeg

Shoot the ****ing lot of them.

jack D and coke
15 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Shoot the ****ing lot of them.

You have to wonder what is going on in that command structure. Nobody and nothing could ever make me do that to another human. I couldn’t do that to an animal. 
Putin must dangle on the end of a rope and those soldiers need savagely murdered. I hope they die excruciatingly painful deaths and Russia ends up routed and forced into retreat. 
**** Russia. They can’t ever be allowed into the civilised world again until they can prove they’ve rid themselves of this. Banned from everything. 
Takes a lot to shock me these days but I felt ill reading that.