Inflation

jamb0_1874

Footballfirst
13 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

whilst your bills are going up........

BP have reported profits for the last quarter of $6.5 billion which is more than 50% above expectations. 

And where is all this windfall profit going?  Investment as proclaimed by BoJo?  No!

So basically they are retaining 40%, and buying its own shares with the other 60%, thus increasing the share price (value) for existing shareholders. 

Edited by Footballfirst

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Unknown user

• The Mighty Thor

• JudyJudyJudy

Captain Slog
2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

I took some of your advice and went to Lidl today. Haven't been there in years and its not that far from me as I've just got used to Sainsburys.  Certainly a lot cheaper than Sainsburys for similar items. Even had fruit gums which were 79p compared to £1.30 in  Sainsburys.  Result.   Great selection of fruit and veg.   Plenty other bargains too  so ill be shopping there regular . 

Word of warning, I find lidl fruit and veg goes off very quickly James compared to the more upmarket shops, I really only buy there for same day use.

Their meat i find tends to be decent.

Captain Slog
53 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes I like the Young’s fish products too . Esp the cod ones 

Check it is cod, I've noticed a lot of white frozen fish isn't cod or haddock now, and its very strong tasting.

Captain Slog
1 hour ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

I use farmfoods for some stuff plus money off vouchers.. The mayflower Curry's amazing. Young's fish products very well priced👍

They closed the Iceland in Granton, is a Baker that isn't Greggs now, I miss Farmfoods and Iceland.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

I found the further east you went in Europe the more far right the younger ones were,a fair few though decent,scared the **** out off me with their ideals. Guess that's what happens living under the communist cosh.

I worked beside a bunch of polish folk in a factory. Smashing for the most part, fit women and gorilla guys with big goofy laughs. But if blacks or gays got brought up....

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, Captain Slog said:

Word of warning, I find lidl fruit and veg goes off very quickly James compared to the more upmarket shops, I really only buy there for same day use.

Their meat i find tends to be decent.

I got grapes today . They didn’t taste as nice as the sainsburys ones . However 25p cheaper . 

7 minutes ago, Captain Slog said:

Check it is cod, I've noticed a lot of white frozen fish isn't cod or haddock now, and its very strong tasting.

I tend to buy fish at the fish monger really : I like it fresh and can do various things with it . I’ll heed your warning of considering buying frozen 👍

Jambo_jim2001
1 hour ago, Captain Slog said:

Please noooo😫

download.jpeg

Jambo_jim2001
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I worked beside a bunch of polish folk in a factory. Smashing for the most part, fit women and gorilla guys with big goofy laughs. But if blacks or gays got brought up....

Scary how fast they get angry😮 true about some of the ladies though 😎

Jambo_jim2001
2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes I like the Young’s fish products too . Esp the cod ones 

In beer batter nomnomnom😁

Captain Slog
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

I got grapes today . They didn’t taste as nice as the sainsburys ones . However 25p cheaper . 

I tend to buy fish at the fish monger really : I like it fresh and can do various things with it . I’ll heed your warning of considering buying frozen 👍

Just read the box, if it says white steaks in batter, is some alien fish - if they state cod or haddock, they up the price a pound.

Mmm, beer batter

Edited by Captain Slog

Captain Slog

Jeez, Javits is £8.90 ,for a small haddock supper now.

I remember it was less than £1.50 in Aldos in Uphall when i was wee.

Chips were certainly 15p back in about 84, so proly less than 1.50

Mind you my first pint was 74p, thats went up more

Edited by Captain Slog

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, Captain Slog said:

Jeez, Javits is £8.90 ,for a small haddock supper now.

I remember it was less than £1.50 in Aldos in Uphall when i was wee.

Chips were certainly 15p back in about 84, so proly less than 1.50

Mind you my first pint was 74p, thats went up more

My friend saying it’s £12 for a fish supper up Bruntsfield ! 

Captain Slog
Just now, JamesM48 said:

Thats insane, chippies always used to be a few quid less than chinese or indian.

,ind you, by the time my partner orders her quarter duck and starters, chinese is always more expensive anyways - at least for now

Jambo_jim2001
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Is it a gold fish?😉

Section Q
On 03/05/2022 at 23:41, Nucky Thompson said:

I can only think of the BNP and not many people vote for them

If you can't see the British Tory party as a far right political party then you've been brain washed by the usual suspects in the press mate. Splinter groups like the BNP are funded to make the Tories look less "national" and mainstream, which in itself is tragic. Amazing that Labour under Corbyn was considered anti semite/racist, and communist by the press, and they largely left Boris alone to do his damage. 

Jambo-Jimbo
10 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

£8.50 here and it's only just went up from £7 in the last month or so, and it's not a wee fish you get either, usually decent sized or if it's on the smaller side you get 1 and a half.

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

£8.50 here and it's only just went up from £7 in the last month or so, and it's not a wee fish you get either, usually decent sized or if it's on the smaller side you get 1 and a half.

Wheres " here ? :) 

Weakened Offender
On 03/05/2022 at 00:32, Section Q said:

As long as the British class system exists, poverty in the UK will continue to thrive, and the poor will take the brunt, (and the blame), when the economy takes a hit. The blatant theft of tax payers money when the pandemic arrived was done in plain sight. The govt and the press will predictably blame the disadvantaged for our predicament. It amazes me how many  members of the public believe this crap. Rule Brittania and all that crap.....!

This in spades. 

The Brits are the most braindead, brainwashed morons in Europe. They practically ask to get mugged off. 

Weakened Offender
21 minutes ago, jonesy said:

The, er, state of you and your posts. :( 

Morning Josie. 😊

John Findlay
14 hours ago, Captain Slog said:

They closed the Iceland in Granton, is a Baker that isn't Greggs now, I miss Farmfoods and Iceland.

Lidl owned the lease. Didn't renew the Iceland lease in order they expanded their store by about 25 feet length wise and put in the bottle recycling bit.

The last bit is now a Baynes bakery.

Jeffros Furios
33 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

The utter state of this 😁

Alright wee Vinny babe x 

Jambo-Jimbo
3 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Wheres " here ? :) 

Innerleithen, I've mentioned were I am many times before.

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

One assumes you're referring to the fact that you not only post drivel, but that you do so from two different accounts depending on which one has been called out loud enough for the aforementioned drivel. What a lady you are!

Hipster Clipe at it again. 😊

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Alright wee Vinny babe x 

Shouldn't you be getting your cheapies about fancy helicopters on the Ukraine thread? 😀

Weakened Offender
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Can just imagine his/her wee bairns coming home with a drawing of a dinosaur that looks like a tomato or something and him/her holding it up and saying The absolute state of thisFFS

My bairn is brilliant at drawing dinosaurs. 😉

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Innerleithen, I've mentioned were I am many times before.

Sorry didnt pick up on it before.

JudyJudyJudy
7 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

was out after work for coffee with the friend who mentioned the £12 fish supper. He got it wrong its actually £10.80.  Still dear as deck though. 

Dennis Reynolds

£9.50 for a fish supper for the good lady on Monday night. She's always had expensive tastes tbh.

Nucky Thompson

There's a few greedy feckers passing on all the extra costs to their customers instead of eating even a little bit themselves.

I've tried to keep my prices the same where possible to keep myself busy, because people will just go elsewhere.

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

There's a few greedy feckers passing on all the extra costs to their customers instead of eating even a little bit themselves.

I've tried to keep my prices the same where possible to keep myself busy, because people will just go elsewhere.

It doesn't matter how bad things there are always some people will take the piss.

I hope you can sustain your business. 

Jambo-Jimbo
7 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Heard an interview with a painter & decorator on one of the news channels, anyway he was saying that the cost of every single material he uses has went up, but he can't put his prices up or he'd get no business at all and how would he pay his bills, so he has to absorb the extra costs just to keep some work coming in and his head above water.

That story will be repeated hundreds of thousands of times up and down the country.

Nucky Thompson
14 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It doesn't matter how bad things there are always some people will take the piss.

I hope you can sustain your business. 

7 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Heard an interview with a painter & decorator on one of the news channels, anyway he was saying that the cost of every single material he uses has went up, but he can't put his prices up or he'd get no business at all and how would he pay his bills, so he has to absorb the extra costs just to keep some work coming in and his head above water.

That story will be repeated hundreds of thousands of times up and down the country.

I'm not too bad as it's mostly fuel costs that effect me.

If I'm doing a job that involves buying materials, I'll quote the materials and labour separately.

Need to grin and bear it for a while, but this won't last forever 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

If I'm doing a job that involves buying materials, I'll quote the materials and labour separately.

I hope things get better but they're not pointing in the right direction just now

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

👍

WorldChampions1902
29 minutes ago, Cade said:

Shell's profits triple

:seething:

Is that all? Another hike at the pumps incoming.

Bank of England puts base rate of interest up to 1%.

Still just fecking about the edges as inflation hits 10%.

Jambo-Jimbo
27 minutes ago, Cade said:

Bank of England puts base rate of interest up to 1%.

Still just fecking about the edges as inflation hits 10%.

If they put interest rates up too much, it'll push the country into a recession, personally I think that's where we're headed anyway.

Bank of England already predicts a recession.

Stagflation is well and truly here.

Buckle up, people. This ride is going to get bumpy.

Edited by Cade

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Cade said:

Bank of England already predicts a recession.

Stagflation is well and truly here.

Buckle up, people. This ride is going to get bumpy.

Aye it's in the post, I keep hearing on the radio that they're duty bound to trigger it.

21 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

£9.50 for a fish supper for the good lady on Monday night. She's always had expensive tastes tbh.

Are they British Fish and Happy fish? 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Loads of people on tracker mortgages have paid feck all for years because of low or non-existent interest. Wonder how much they tucked away for a rainy day. 

Generally though, this is really bad for people on low incomes and tight budgets. Absolutely incredible that the big banking crash happened 15 years ago and this is the progress we’ve made. Politicians are a waste of space.

13 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Loads of people on tracker mortgages have paid feck all for years because of low or non-existent interest. Wonder how much they tucked away for a rainy day. 

Generally though, this is really bad for people on low incomes and tight budgets. Absolutely incredible that the big banking crash happened 15 years ago and this is the progress we’ve made. Politicians are a waste of space.

Bailed out the banks, hammered the people to pay for it.

Then carried on as usual without changing anything that led to the problems in the first place.

:fonzie:

WorldChampions1902
2 minutes ago, Cade said:

Then carried on as usual without changing anything that led to the problems in the first place.

Yup. And fundamentally, many of the factors that caused the last financial crash remain in place. So it’s just a matter of “when” not “if” another crash will occur. And we will all pick up the tab for that too. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
8 minutes ago, Cade said:

:lol:

It’s ****ing incredible

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Yup. And fundamentally, many of the factors that caused the last financial crash remain in place. So it’s just a matter of “when” not “if” another crash will occur. And we will all pick up the tab for that too. 

For as long a politicians get rich by greasing the wheels of these *****, it’ll never change 

SuperstarSteve
18 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Im not 100% sure of the difference I’ll need to read up on it but when the next crash happens it’ll be a bail in, not a bail out.