Justifiying that ref performance ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

ย 

Books Craig for . . . . . . Eh . . .

ย 

Books Ginnelly for . . . Shooting๐Ÿ˜ƒ

ย 

Sent Ginnelly off for a second yellow for . . .ย  ๐Ÿ˜†

ย 

12 bookings in a game where we had all the possession.

ย 

Struggling to see how the games nae a bogey tbh.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• merrymac

• Riccarton3

• colinmaroon

• GinRummy

He wasn't very good but he didn't cost us the match - our defending in the first 15 lost us the match. We came out fast but we were made to look amateurish at the back. From then on we were chasing the game and Rangers had a few uncomfortable moments but we couldn't convert them. Thought the ref was just the usual SFA overly officious control-freak...The closest thing to a bad challenge was GMS getting a whack on the head and that looked accidental TBH...

ย 

Ref should've seen the Goldson handball though...Arm may not have been unnatural and I'm giving Boyce the benefit of the doubt if the handball affected the flight of the ball and caused his horrendous miss, as it was the weakest-wristed handball ever...

19 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

We played alright but our finishing is poorย 

Did yozu forget you posted this.

ย 

Not great but our play was equallyย asย bad

8 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

No it's quite simple really. You didn't mention that McGregor made some very good saves to deny us.

True, but thatโ€™s part of the game, thatโ€™s the goalieโ€™s job.

Thatโ€™s not the same as failing to convert decent scoring opportunities.
Poor finishing is poor play, surely?

Ref was very poor today but the fact that it had very little impact on the result almost makes it more remarkableย i.e. there really were no big decisions to make in the game and there was hardly a bad tackle in the game yet he still managed to dish out 10 yellows and 1 red and make a series of clearly incorrectย decisions throughout the game.ย 

Spitonastranger
12 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

True, but thatโ€™s part of the game, thatโ€™s the goalieโ€™s job.

Thatโ€™s not the same as failing to convert decent scoring opportunities.
Poor finishing is poor play, surely?

OK some poor finishing but also good goalkeeping, as o said previously we pay about a quarter atย least what our opposition pays.ย 

24 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Did yozu forget you posted this.

ย 

Not great but our play was equallyย asย bad

I said โ€œnot greatโ€ - and Iโ€™m then I said we played alrightย 

10 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

So maybe Hearts should open a referee academy andย recruit people from Edinburgh and other parts of Scotland to train as match officials.ย 

The Lowland league should get some pretty high quality officials then:whistling:

12 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

So maybe Hearts should open a referee academy andย recruit people from Edinburgh and other parts of Scotland to train as match officials.ย 

TBH That is not a bad idea of sorts - could keep a few players who are not good enough involved in the game if nothing else...

8 hours ago, COACH 13 said:

Can't blame him for our faults today and lack of clinical cutting edge. Think he was OK today and got most decisions about right including that idiot Ginelis second yellow, total idiot getting involved whilst on a yellow.ย 

He was terrible

Haringโ€™s reaction to getting booked told you exactly what Iโ€™m sure all Hearts players were thinking about the refs performance.ย 

8 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Haringโ€™s reaction to getting booked told you exactly what Iโ€™m sure all Hearts players were thinking about the refs performance.ย 

Saw that. laughing in disbelief. I've no idea why he was booked. I was probably shaking my head in disbelief when he was booking the other Hearts player just beforehand

1 hour ago, Spitonastranger said:

OK some poor finishing but also good goalkeeping, as o said previously we pay about a quarter atย least what our opposition pays.ย 

We cant use the wages arguement for not winning when we cant beat teams with lesser budgets

35 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

I think the players seemed to share our frustration today. Generally there are little moments in games where players show how they feel towards the ref but I noticed it a lot today.ย 

6 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

We cant use the wages arguement for not winning when we cant beat teams with lesser budgets

Thatโ€™s a fair point but equally I think itโ€™s fair to sayย that the financial muscle can and does provide a โ€œsporting advantageโ€.

Of course, teamsย with better players hired for bigger sums ofย money can and do underperform - as weโ€™ve sometimes demonstrated, sadly.

Brick Tamland
1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I said โ€œnot greatโ€ - and Iโ€™m then I said we played alrightย 

So on this thread you have said

โ€œnot greatโ€

ย โ€œour play was equally as badโ€

โ€we played alrightโ€

Which is it? It canโ€™t be all three.ย 
You are the worst troll on here and a complete slaver.ย 
Did you phone the club hotline today about Hearts supporters calling the ref,ย Morelos and McGregor bad names too?ย 
ย 

Back on topic, the ref was utter shite today and I think it went beyond incompetence, I thought he was cheating.ย 

Did he cost us the game?ย No because we should have taken our chances, but costing us the game and him cheating arenโ€™tย the same thing.ย 

ย 

Bazzas right boot

He was horrendous all round.ย 

ย 

He booked Kent fur a shot late on as well. Must have been less than a second between the whistle and the shot.ย 

ย 

He must have had a bet on 10+ Cards.ย 

ย 

Can't believe there was 10/11 cards in that game.ย 

There wasn't a bad tackle in te ****ing game.ย 

.ย 

30 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Yes,you can. The difference in budget between Hearts and Rangers stands no ****ing comparison between Hearts and Aberdeen or Dundee United or Motherwell etc.

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

Yes,you can. The difference in budget between Hearts and Rangers stands no ****ing comparison between Hearts and Aberdeen or Dundee United or Motherwell etc.

This. The @$$ cheeks are quick to point out comparisons when theyย get beat in Europe by obvious richer clubs. Scottish sports media then back them up by agreeing in their after game reports that itโ€™s difficult for the OF to compete against Europeโ€™s elite clubs.ย They never do or would if Scottish teams made the same point in Scotland. Weโ€™re just supposed to get on with it and be the whipping boys were all others are just there to fill a league schedule.

August Landmesser
6 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Not great but our play was equally as bad

ย 

just think our fans will get a reputation of moaning about refs if we do it after every time we loseย 

Wheesht

15 hours ago, loveofthegame said:

to be fair I can see where Lone Striker is coming from even if I donโ€™t believe for a second we were totally outplayed. The pace they move it at, the one touch passing, was at times a level above us. In eve same areas we can be painfully slow or revert to turning back and playing the easy pass.ย 
ย 

Ariboโ€™s goal another example- forget that we should never be conceding to a long straight ball over the top- but his first touch and finish are serious quality. Counted numerousย times we get in behind today but we take a bad touch and ball gets away from us and chance is gone.

ย 

Iโ€™m not sure Iโ€™ve ever seen us create so many good chances in one game against Rangers, but the difference is theyโ€™ve taken two with little bits of quality and weโ€™ve missed our lot. Fine margins andย all thatโ€ฆ.

Good post.

ย 

With a couple of exceptions (late 80s,ย 1997/98,ย 2005/06)Hearts have always been frustratingly slow in possession, allowing the opposition to get in position to defend our attack.,

ย 

One massive exception was the 4-0 v Celtic. That was genuine hoofball with a purpose. We got it forward ASAP every time that day and Milinkovic, Lafferty, Cowie and latterly Callachan got after them and we got our reward. We canโ€™t play like that every week because nobody, including Rangers push up as high as Celtic, thatโ€™s why Ginnelly is effective against them and hopeless against everyone else. After McEneffโ€™s excellent spell on the right last week, to see Ginnelly in that position yesterday was very surprising to say the least.

Seymour M Hersh

Half the problem with our refs is they know they are beyond reproach no matter how inept/biased or whatever they are week to week. Nobody is allowed to criticise them in anyย way. ย That's one of the reasons you seem them strutting about with their chests puffed out. Completely bullet proof and they know it.

ย 

All three on sportscene agreed it was a penalty according to the current laws. None of them like the law as it stands but that's not the point. Stewart also said on a few occasions that he lost (the ref) the plot. We need that honesty from them every week to call out the referees (when required) as managers and players can't do it.ย 

16 hours ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

ย 

ย 

Agreed. Outside a 10/15 minute spell first half I thought we played reasonably, finishing aside.ย 

ย 

Although, Iโ€™d counter that and say our defending was borderline suicidal at times.ย 

Totally. As others have pointed out we gift teams an outrageous number of chances in nearly every game. Yesterday was no different.ย 

Full time refs might be a way to go. The rumours about him coaching rangers academy kids as a PE teacher doesnโ€™t look good and seems like a pretty clear conflict of interests.ย 
ย 

Does the SFA even have criteria for what actually counts as a conflict of interests for referees?ย 

On 11/12/2021 at 23:24, Riccarton3 said:

Has to build up his 'reliability' as an agent of the OF to reach the elite levels of Beaton, Collum and 'he's just a bit daft' Madden.

ย 

Don't know how much truth in this, but I saw somewhere he trains the rangers kids. So if true wouldn't that be a conflict of interest and he should not have got the game yesterday at all?

57 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Half the problem with our refs is they know they are beyond reproach no matter how inept/biased or whatever they are week to week. Nobody is allowed to criticise them in anyย way. ย That's one of the reasons you seem them strutting about with their chests puffed out. Completely bullet proof and they know it.

ย 

All three on sportscene agreed it was a penalty according to the current laws. None of them like the law as it stands but that's not the point. Stewart also said on a few occasions that he lost (the ref) the plot. We need that honesty from them every week to call out the referees (when required) as managers and players can't do it.ย 

Haven't seen it on tv.ย  But if kris boyd says it's a penalty then...

31 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Haven't seen it on tv.ย  But if kris boyd says it's a penalty then...

Boyd slated him for the pen and sending off Gino , says it all

Ex member of the SaS

The ref did not influence the result but he did play a big part in how we played, and watching highlights last night the ref in the Celtic vย  Motherwell was just as efficient. Denying a stonewall penalty, that happened before the offside and using that as a reason to deny is down right disgusting. No one will be allowed to come between the bigot twins and it's time the rest ganged up and forced change.

2 hours ago, Marvin said:

ย 

Don't know how much truth in this, but I saw somewhere he trains the rangers kids. So if true wouldn't that be a conflict of interest and he should not have got the game yesterday at all?

Probably the reason he got the game,based on previous choices

Ex member of the SaS

In the Scotsman they are saying Walsh has reffed three Sevco games and sent off an opposition player in all three. Red carded 8 in 20 games.

2 hours ago, Marvin said:

ย 

Rangers academy is at Murray park, so he should be on nice friendly terms with all the first team players.

Ridiculous that this is allowed, but that's Scottish football for you.He could easily be allocated other games to avoid a conflict, but they are all so sure of themselves they think they can get away with anything - and they do

16 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

As fans, we like to moan about almost every referee these days

ย 

Any out there that donโ€™t get moaned about by us?

ย 

That's right!ย  Let's all just shut up and let that appalling referee performance pass by without a comment.

ย 

You don't work for 10 Downing Street by any chance, do you?

Just now, colinmaroon said:

ย 

That's right!ย  Let's all just shut up and let that appalling referee performance pass by without a comment.

ย 

You don't work for 10 Downing Street by any chance, do you?

What good will Moaning about the few every time we lose do?

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Yes, indeed.

ย 

Teacher at RC school = you get Celtic games.

ST at Ibrox = you get Rangers games.

ย 

No conflict of interest, no Grade 1 matches for you.

Funnily though Jonesy the only Grade 1 ref from Edinburgh never gets a Hearts or Hibs v Old firm match funny thatย eh??

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

What good will moaning about fellow Hearts fans every time they don't act in a way you consider appropriate do?

๐Ÿ˜‚

ToadKiller Dog

Nobody is ever going to call out the blatant conflicts ofย interest and serious issues over recruitment and promotion of officals within the game in Scotland ,why because the SFA will censor any individual or club and there is no collective will to challenge this or a person in the media with the balls to look into this .

It's just another thing fans of non ugly clubs have to live with ,where we have to limit our ambitions .

A non ugly club winning the league is maybe the biggest achievement in world football it would be like San Marino winning the world cup .

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

28 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

In the Scotsman they are saying Walsh has reffed three Sevco games and sent off an opposition player in all three. Red carded 8 in 20 games.

Porteous, Ginnelly and ?

31 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

The Rangers game stats can be brushed aside at the moment. An 18 month analysis might make more interesting reading

18Jambo_dave74

As many have said I don't blame the ref for our defeat but it was an awful refereeing performance. Yesterday highlighted for me,ย once more, what your up against when playing the OF.ย 

ย 

If we were 2-0 upย and Gordon timewasted like McGregor did, does anyone think it would have taken as long for him to be booked? Or do we think the ref would have been tapping his watch telling Hearts players to hurry up at throw ins/goal kicks etc? I don't think a Rangers player would receive the 2 bookings that Ginnelly did - having watched back the highlights it's a shocker (although I appreciate he didn'tย needย to get involved - he still did little wrong).ย 

ย 

If I recall correctly, when we played them at Ibrox this season - Aribo had a studs to shin tackle on Devlin - yellow card. Bacuna had his hands round Kingsley's throat (in front of the 4th official) - no red card. If these were Hearts players yesterday...

ย 

I saw on the highlights from the Celtic v Motherwell game, Van Veen kicked the ball away once the play had stopped and Joe Hart ended up booting him...booking for Van Veen. Same happens in our game...booking Craig Gordon.ย 

ย 

If one of our players scored at Ibrox and celebrated in front of the Rangers fans - would they get booked?ย Personally I don't have an issue with it but it's a booking - not one that seems to apply to the OF however.ย 

ย 

VAR will make little difference to our game - yes you might get the offside goals (Kyogo)/ incorrect red cards sorted but all the little things that the ref did yesterday would still happen.

Edited by 18Jambo_dave74

2 minutes ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

As many have said I don't blame the ref for our defeat but it was an awful refereeing performance. Yesterday highlighted for me,ย once more, what your up against when playing the OF.ย 

ย 

If we were 2-0 upย and Gordon timewasted like McGregor did, does anyone think it would have taken as long for him to be booked? Or do we think the ref would have been tapping his watch telling Hearts players to hurry up at throw ins/goal kicks etc? I don't think a Rangers player would receive the 2 bookings that Ginnelly did - having watched back the highlights it's a shocker (although I appreciate he didn'tย needย to get involved - he still did little wrong).ย 

ย 

If I recall correctly, when we played them at Ibrox this season - Aribo had a studs to shin tackle on Devlin - yellow card. Bacuna had his hands round Kingsley's throat (in front of the 4th official) - no red card. If these were Hearts players yesterday...

ย 

I saw on the highlights from the Celtic v Motherwell game, Van Veen kicked the ball away once the play had stopped and Joe Hart ended up booting him...booking for Van Veen. Same happens in our game...booking Craig Gordon.ย 

ย 

If one of our players scored at Ibrox and celebrated in front of the Rangers fans - would they get booked?ย Personally I don't have an issue with it but it's a booking - not one that seems to apply to the OF however.ย 

ย 

VAR will make little difference to our game - yes you might the offside goals (Kyogo)/ incorrect red cards sorted but all the little things that the ref did yesterday would still happen.

Great post. It's all there in front of everyone's eyes.ย 

In his last 7 Rangers matches reffed he has produced 5 red cards all against the opposition(including Celtic)ย  +ย one penalty for Rangers.
Rangers have received no red cards
Looks about right.
ย 
ย 

3 hours ago, OTT said:

Full time refs might be a way to go. The rumours about him coaching rangers academy kids as a PE teacher doesnโ€™t look good and seems like a pretty clear conflict of interests.ย 
ย 

Does the SFA even have criteria for what actually counts as a conflict of interests for referees?ย 

Full time refs are the only way to go, if we want improved performances.

ย 

I work with a Premiership ref. One day he was working from 6am til 2pm. He then had to drive to Inverness in the afternoon, to ref a game that night. He's also had to work some Saturday mornings before a 3pm match.ย 

ย 

There's no way anyone can put in a level of performance and concentration after working before match.

Ex member of the SaS
16 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Full time refs are the only way to go, if we want improved performances.

ย 

I work with a Premiership ref. One day he was working from 6am til 2pm. He then had to drive to Inverness in the afternoon, to ref a game that night. He's also had to work some Saturday mornings before a 3pm match.ย 

ย 

There's no way anyone can put in a level of performance and concentration after working before match.

I would suggest it depends on the job, How hard can it be selling season tickets to the ugly twins?

Sounds like the new Dougie Macdonald.

ย 

Looked a very poor ref to be fair. Will surely get found out.ย ย