• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Bongo 1874

• Hearts007

17 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

I know it felt like 3-0 (actually felt more like 6-0), but it was actually only 2-0 at half-time. 

Which is why, when we adopted a different approach in the 2nd half, getting our first goal meant something (however briefly).

So it was! Just looking at the stats for that game and they had 36 shots on goal! Scary. 

Every time I go through there I’m always confident of getting a 1-0 win or grabbing a draw….and I’ve been horribly wrong and we end up getting scudded by a barrow load. So tonight I’ve actually got a bad feeling we lose 3-0 or 3-1 but hope not. Already making my way though there with a few beers en route. 

For me it depends on what team we play and how we line up. No Halliday or smith for me and we have a chance. Jury also out for Boycie who I’d bring on second half. Pace, width and attack  and we may have a chance. Sit in and defend and try and counter and we’ll ship 3 or 4. Need to believe and be positive. RN is owe us a big performance through here.  FTC

Still waiting on one of the master tacticians coming on to tell us how Celtic are lining up, I'd imagine that will have a bearing on our own team selection.

Anyone ?

4 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Still waiting on one of the master tacticians coming on to tell us how Celtic are lining up, I'd imagine that will have a bearing on our own team selection.

Anyone ?

Not really watched them since the league cup defeat. What do you reckon yourself?

2 minutes ago, JWL said:

Who’s the ref for tonight?

Some SFA dude... so it doesn't look good for us!

...Madden 🙄

20 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Anyone ?

Hart

Ralston CV Welsh Juranavic

Turnbull McCarthy Mcgregor

Abada Kyogo Jota

13 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Some SFA dude... so it doesn't look good for us!

...Madden 🙄

Don't mind Madden tbh. He has good games and bad games like everyone else. 

is it just me or is sky sports off air.   like no signal, no reception.   getting panicky.    ****ers doing maintenance on the night of the hearts game. 

2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Why just 2nd. 

If any team manages to "split the OF" then you would have to think they would be fairly close to the team in first place. 

Not saying we can or we will but that has to be the target 

Correct, but right now (tonight) we are challenging for 2nd.

19 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

is it just me or is sky sports off air.   like no signal, no reception.   getting panicky.    ****ers doing maintenance on the night of the hearts game. 

If your with virgin media they have a major UK outage. Basically all the channels are off. Its been down since about 1030

...andFulton'sBaggio
3 hours ago, Kidd’s Boots said:

I like the look of that set up. Haring sitting deep providing cover allows Moore Cochrane McEneff Devlin and Gino the chance to use their energy and pace to match them up and break up their passing game. Then I remember that it was Celtic, Away and RN is our Head Coach!! Would love to be proven wrong as that line up makes  a real impact on their game plan.

Exactly. I don't think we'll see it tonight, but that's the lineup I want. I just don't see Robbie giving McEneff a starting spot, and I'm pretty sure he'll rely on Smith over Moore. McKay seems undroppable too...

3 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

If your with virgin media they have a major UK outage. Basically all the channels are off. Its been down since about 1030

They have managed to restore BBC1, BBC2, ITV and Chennel 4 and that is their lot so far. They claimed to have had a major power outage but how that could screw up TV for their customers all ove the Country only they will know.

Issue with TV services

(Updated at 15:30)
Engineers are on site working to restore TV services after a major power outage.
We are currently attempting to restore more channels. As we do this, it may mean customers temporarily lose access to previously restored channels.
We recognise this is frustrating for customers and apologise again for the inconvenience caused. We are doing everything we can to get services back as quickly as possible.

(Updated at 13:45)

We’re working hard to fix the issue impacting our TV services.

We have now restored several channels with customers able to watch BBC One, BBC Two, ITV, ITV+1 and Channel 4. TV360 customers are also able to access apps on their box.
We’re working to restore all channels as quickly as possible and continue to work towards having this resolved this afternoon.

(Updated at 13:00)

We’re aware that customers are currently experiencing an issue with their TV services and are unable to watch live TV or access video on demand services right now.
We have identified the fault and our engineers are working flat-out to fix this as quickly as possible. We are working towards having this resolved this afternoon.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

29 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Heard any team news for us tonight?

Yes. Very different. Shape and personnel. No one will guess it that’s for sure.

10 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

Yeah I'm with VM.    I take it sky sports works from sky TV ok?   I   might have to find a pub if it works there. 

My sky sports is back on again just now  but it might go off again. 

cheers for the reply.   

of all the days they could mess about with it they pick today 😡 

...andFulton'sBaggio
3 minutes ago, DS98 said:

What, you mean my guess was wrong? Disappointed already 😆

9 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

They have managed to restore BBC1, BBC2, ITV and Chennel 4 and that is their lot so far. They claimed to have had a major power outage but how that could screw up TV for their customers all ove the Country only they will know.

Issue with TV services

(Updated at 15:30)
Engineers are on site working to restore TV services after a major power outage.
We are currently attempting to restore more channels. As we do this, it may mean customers temporarily lose access to previously restored channels.
We recognise this is frustrating for customers and apologise again for the inconvenience caused. We are doing everything we can to get services back as quickly as possible.

(Updated at 13:45)

We’re working hard to fix the issue impacting our TV services.

We have now restored several channels with customers able to watch BBC One, BBC Two, ITV, ITV+1 and Channel 4. TV360 customers are also able to access apps on their box.
We’re working to restore all channels as quickly as possible and continue to work towards having this resolved this afternoon.

(Updated at 13:00)

We’re aware that customers are currently experiencing an issue with their TV services and are unable to watch live TV or access video on demand services right now.
We have identified the fault and our engineers are working flat-out to fix this as quickly as possible. We are working towards having this resolved this afternoon.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

thanks.   that's about spot on what's happened.   sky sports is back on as well now.   😰 

5 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Yeah I'm with VM.    I take it sky sports works from sky TV ok?   I   might have to find a pub if it works there. 

My sky sports is back on again just now  but it might go off again. 

cheers for the reply.   

of all the days they could mess about with it they pick today 😡 

NOW TV fine... I think it's £9.99 for a 24 hour pass for all sports channels.

Edited by Rogue Daddy
SKY sports that is...

16 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

Tell me about it. I'm hoping they get Sky Sports back by kick off. Got BBC Scotland and STV back through Virgin Media.

2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

NOW TV fine... I think it's £9.99 for a 24 hour pass for all sports channels.

thanks.    I might have to find a pub.   its went off again.    😱 

5 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

thanks.    I might have to find a pub.   its went off again.    😱 

Mines is down as well! 🙈

I noticed my music channels were down earlier so thought I should check sky sports when I saw your post! So cheers for the heads up. 

14 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Think we’ve heard the same. I’m almost encouraged by it. Will hopefully cause them a few problems.

SKY Sport is working for me, although I will give Hearts TV a swatch as I cannot stand listening to Andy Walker.

The issue with me when we visit Parkhead or Ibrox is how we get up the pitch and make the ball stick and avoid having to defend waves of attacks.

Celtic Park is a big pitch and so would play Ginnelly and McKay as we need pace and ball carriers.

I do fear that not having proper attacking wing backs will hinder us here though.

Gordon

Souttar Halkett Kingsley

Smith                                Cochrane

Devlin Haring

Ginnelly                            McKay

Boyce

Fozzyonthefence
9 minutes ago, Costanza said:

The issue with me when we visit Parkhead or Ibrox is how we get up the pitch and make the ball stick and avoid having to defend waves of attacks.

Celtic Park is a big pitch and so would play Ginnelly and McKay as we need pace and ball carriers.

I do fear that not having proper attacking wing backs will hinder us here though.

Gordon

Souttar Halkett Kingsley

Smith                                Cochrane

Devlin Haring

Ginnelly                            McKay

Boyce

That team will take a pummelling!  We simply have to sacrifice an attacking player and put an extra man in midfield, similar to first game of the season when Haring came on for GMS.  If GMS starts we’re as good as a man down, especially through there!

Takeshi kovac

I'd take a point right now, I know its a change of shape but I would start mcenuff and Haring with Devlin so we're stronger in mid field.once I've had a few beers I will be fully expecting us to win 3 nil 😂

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

That team will take a pummelling!  We simply have to sacrifice an attacking player and put an extra man in midfield, similar to first game of the season when Haring came on for GMS.  If GMS starts we’re as good as a man down, especially through there!

An extra midfielder will sacrifice possession with less of an out ball so don't agree. The likelihood is that Smith and Cochrane will be pushed back and we'll have 5 defenders and Devlin and Haring defending as well. Another midfielder and we'll have no out ball.

I wouldn't play GMS either, it's McKay I would play.

Also, Aberdeen played a 4-3-3 last week and had 38% possession. Livi played a 5-4-1 and had 15% possession. Admittedly they got a draw and are poorer than Aberdeen but I don't see us with less than 20% possession getting something out of the game, which is what I fear if we're too defensive

Edited by Costanza

2 hours ago, Jumper said:

Fully expecting a draw or a sneaky win against them.

There is no evidence of this happening I am afraid 

our record in Glasgow is utterly appalling abd I cannot see anything but a Celtic win 

Anyone looking for a ticket tonight, free of charge. Would need to collect from Kilsyth (G65)?

Late I know but worth a try. 

46 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Would’ve responded sooner but had to have a brief nap. I’m guessing Gnando, Cochrane, Haring, McEneff and Pollock in. 3-6-1 type thing. Not what I’d do but trying to think of what nobody would guess 😀. How close am I ?

4 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

There is no evidence of this happening I am afraid 

our record in Glasgow is utterly appalling abd I cannot see anything but a Celtic win 

I’m thinking their defence can continue to be exposed as it has been recently. The record is a thing of the past I hope.

4-3-3

Gordon 

Smith Souttar Kingsley Cochrane 

Haring

McEneff Devlin

McKay                       Ginnelly 

Boyce 

Our big problem through there is usually how incisive they are up front. Even when we start really well, get right in their faces, how often have we seen one cutting move leading to a goal, knocking the wind out of our sails?

As others have said we need them to have an off night, but we can try and force that if set up right. I'm not that optimistic, we'll probably only win by a couple.

30 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Would’ve responded sooner but had to have a brief nap. I’m guessing Gnando, Cochrane, Haring, McEneff and Pollock in. 3-6-1 type thing. Not what I’d do but trying to think of what nobody would guess 😀. How close am I ?

2/5

I’m not sure of the formation. Could be 4-3-3 could be 4-4-2. Will probably end up 4-6-0!

2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

2/5

I’m not sure of the formation. Could be 4-3-3 could be 4-4-2. Will probably end up 4-6-0!

Cheers. Quite relieved I was miles out this time 😂

August Landmesser
46 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Celtic will win I think

we can’t really score goals away from home

We've scored in all but one away game this season.

Just now, August Landmesser said:

We've scored in all but one away game this season.

Ignore him.

He’s the forum troll.

Probably Hibs. 

Fozzyonthefence
48 minutes ago, Costanza said:

An extra midfielder will sacrifice possession with less of an out ball so don't agree. The likelihood is that Smith and Cochrane will be pushed back and we'll have 5 defenders and Devlin and Haring defending as well. Another midfielder and we'll have no out ball.

I wouldn't play GMS either, it's McKay I would play.

Also, Aberdeen played a 4-3-3 last week and had 38% possession. Livi played a 5-4-1 and had 15% possession. Admittedly they got a draw and are poorer than Aberdeen but I don't see us with less than 20% possession getting something out of the game, which is what I fear if we're too defensive

I take it you’ve forgotten how Robbie changed it to beat them at Tynie when our 3-4-3 was getting completely outplayed and starved of possession?   When teams play 3 in the middle against our 2 we surrender possession.  We won’t see the ball if we play 3-4-3.  Teams have sussed out how to play us, ordinary teams like Motherwell and Aberdeen, Celtic will rag doll us if we play like that just like they did in the cup game. 

Thankfully you’re not picking the team but I don’t have much more confidence in Robbie. Hopefully he’s learnt his lesson though. 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

The stats of this game will not look pretty. But it is all about the goals scored. They like to score... let's make sure we aren't one of the teams they do it against.

I'll go for a hard fought 2-2 draw.