martoon

...andFulton'sBaggio

Gordon 

Soapy Halkett Kingsley 

Moore                           Cochrane 

McEneff Haring Dev  

Boyce 

Gino

Enough balance in that team to defend when needed then flood forward when the chance comes. After that, it's all down to bravery, focus and mindset.

C'mon hearts let's finally DO them in their own backyard!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Bongo 1874

• Hearts007

I think some of our players who might be interested in a move might step up tonight to show how good they are.

Every Scottish team that goes there are branded underdogs imo. Tonight Hearts are not expected to win. The whole planet says Celtic will win. We will be relentlessly brushed aside. If our players need phyched up for this game Robbie should tell them that no one gives them a snowballs chance of winning. We might as well not bother going thru to Glasgow,just email them the three points. If I'm a Hearts player listening to stuff like that I'm fired up. my pride's been hurt and I'm ready to do whatever it takes to prove that RN on this occasion does not know a shite from a shilling.

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, King prawn said:

How many times each team has won at Parkhead since 2007 in the league:

Rangers 4
Motherwell 2

St Johnstone 2

Hearts 1

Hibs 1

St Mirren 1

Dundee United 0

Dundee 0

Ross County 0

Aberdeen 0 

Livingston 0 

Where did you get these stats?
I only remember this for Shay Logan getting it right up these stinking ***** and Brown in particular. 

A34B1BC6-6DB3-4312-BA04-A0DA05AAC593.jpeg

Pasquale for King

For me it’s more about the tactics required to at least limit their opportunities whilst creating some of our own, something we didn’t do in the first half through there in the league cup but did in the second. 
I understand that our players maybe froze a little, and that they played well, albeit we seemed to allow them to. 
We were slightly better against Rangers in limiting them but didn’t pose a threat until after the usual 60 minute substitutions. 
If we can frustrate them and give them something to worry about that would be another step along the way to challenging the duopoly we currently have. 
Plenty of other teams have done it to both of the uglies this season, as have we, so let’s keep progressing. 

14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Where did you get these stats?
I only remember this for Shay Logan getting it right up these stinking ***** and Brown in particular. 

A34B1BC6-6DB3-4312-BA04-A0DA05AAC593.jpeg

Ah I think I can see the problem - that was after the split wasn’t it … :facepalm: what are the chances that the website I used put those somewhere else. Perhaps ignore those stats I posted  :lol: 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Ah I think I can see the problem - that was after the split wasn’t it … :facepalm: what are the chances that the website I used put those somewhere else. Perhaps ignore those stats I posted  :lol: 

It’s most likely to be near as dam it correct, it’s a good insight into how good a home record they have. 

50 minutes ago, Gambo said:

We need to go there and play like a team challenging for 2nd.

We need to go there and play like a team challenging for the title IMO. Not that we are challenging but that’s the attitude we ought to go there with. If you don’t go thinking you can win and trying your damndest to win, you won’t win

5 minutes ago, King prawn said:

I don’t have back to 2007 but in the past 10 seasons Rangers (twice), St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, Inverness, Motherwell, Aberdeen, St Mirren and Hamilton have won at Parkhead.

Over the 10 seasons Celtic have an 80% win record, 15% draw and 5% loss over 174 matches. 139 wins, 26 draws and 9 losses.

In 10 seasons Rangers and St Johnstone have taken 7 points from Parkhead. Kilmarnock have 6. Win tonight and we become the (joint) 4th most successful with 4 points in 10 seasons.

This season alone Celtic have scored 20 goals at home and conceded 2 (only one of them from open play).

Last season was only the third time in a decade that Celtic have lost more than one league match at home in a campaign.

Attack, Defend, Press, Park the Bus...not sure it really matters! Results there are as much about what they do on they day rather than the opponent. No matter what we do tonight our first hope is that Celtic aren’t at the races.

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s most likely to be near as dam it correct, it’s a good insight into how good a home record they have. 

Looks like Rangers 5, Aberdeen 1 

1 minute ago, JamboGraham said:

I don’t have back to 2007 but in the past 10 seasons Rangers (twice), St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, Inverness, Motherwell, Aberdeen, St Mirren and Hamilton have won at Parkhead.

Over the 10 seasons Celtic have an 80% win record, 15% draw and 5% loss over 174 matches. 139 wins, 26 draws and 9 losses.

In 10 seasons Rangers and St Johnstone have taken 7 points from Parkhead. Kilmarnock have 6. Win tonight and we become the (joint) 4th most successful with 4 points in 10 seasons.

This season alone Celtic have scored 20 goals at home and conceded 2 (only one of them from open play).

Last season was only the third time in a decade that Celtic have lost more than one league match at home in a campaign.

Attack, Defend, Press, Park the Bus...not sure it really matters! Results there are as much about what they do on they day rather than the opponent. No matter what we do tonight our first hope is that Celtic aren’t at the races.

Your last paragraph for me sums it up - and the problem is the arseholes always seem to raise their game against us 

6 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Both of them from us in the cup!... small positive to take into the game. 👍

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, mickycameron98 said:

Basically after all the statistics provided above.... we're getting heehaw the night!

Oh ye of little faith, we are due a win. 

Irrespective of Celtic’s home record we need to fight to change ours there. 

Simple as that. The longer you read

into other clubs stats it seeps into the

brain too much and can be negative.

Lets become part of the small percentage that win there. This Celtic team seem to have gained this fear factor all of a sudden which I don’t

think is quite deserved yet.  

9 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Both of them from us in the cup!... small positive to take into the game. 👍

Not quite...figures are for the league only. Dundee United scored from open play, Aberdeen from a penalty.

Kidd’s Boots
1 hour ago, ...andFulton'sBaggio said:

Gordon 

Soapy Halkett Kingsley 

McEneff Haring Dev  

Boyce 

Gino

Enough balance in that team to defend when needed then flood forward when the chance comes. After that, it's all down to bravery, focus and mindset.

I like the look of that set up. Haring sitting deep providing cover allows Moore Cochrane McEneff Devlin and Gino the chance to use their energy and pace to match them up and break up their passing game. Then I remember that it was Celtic, Away and RN is our Head Coach!! Would love to be proven wrong as that line up makes  a real impact on their game plan.

Just now, JamboGraham said:

Not quite...figures are for the league only. Dundee United scored from open play, Aberdeen from a penalty.

...ahh... we'll, we've still taken 2 off them this season at darkheid! Double what anyone else has.

7 minutes ago, mickycameron98 said:

Basically after all the statistics provided above.... we're getting heehaw the night!

Actually it gives me a little hope. On average Celtic usually screw up once per season and lose at home to someone in the league. It hasn’t happened so far...therefore it’s still to come.

Just now, Rogue Daddy said:

...ahh... we'll, we've still taken 2 off them this season at darkheid! Double what anyone else has.

Agreed. Despite the general view of how we played to take two off them in that tie was impressive.

8 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Irrespective of Celtic’s home record we need to fight to change ours there. 

Simple as that. The longer you read

into other clubs stats it seeps into the

brain too much and can be negative.

Lets become part of the small percentage that win there. This Celtic team seem to have gained this fear factor all of a sudden which I don’t

think is quite deserved yet.  

I don't think it’s all of a sudden fear, just reality of what is generally to be expected at Parkhead.

That said I absolutely agree we need to fight, we need to be at our best and put ourselves in the position to take advantage of any flaws in Celtic’s performance.

The very worst feeling about a poor result in Glasgow is when we come away knowing that we didn’t give ourselves every opportunity.

18 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Oh ye of little faith, we are due a win. 

Over due I would argue...I honestly don’t know why I just have a feeling about tonight.

Pasquale for King
Just now, JamboGraham said:

Over due I would argue...I honestly don’t know why I just have a feeling about tonight.

Definitely, hope you’re right. 

3 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

They rarely seem to play badly against us and that’s not because we let them. They do raise their game.

Agree with you there, especially at home. 

12 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

I don't think it’s all of a sudden fear, just reality of what is generally to be expected at Parkhead.

That said I absolutely agree we need to fight, we need to be at our best and put ourselves in the position to take advantage of any flaws in Celtic’s performance.

The very worst feeling about a poor result in Glasgow is when we come away knowing that we didn’t give ourselves every opportunity.

Agree. 👍🏻

Gordon 

Soapy Halkett Kingsley 

McEneff Haring Dev  

Boyce 

Gino

Would love to see this team.

On 01/12/2021 at 07:49, Jim Panzee said:

re: Gnando - thought his deft touch to put Gino through on Saturday for a clear shot on goal was very good. think he'd (Gnando) only been on the pitch a few mins. Gino scores and Gnando gets some due praise.

Not saying Gnando should start. Not saying I'm a fan of Gnando. Just giving a bit of balance.

Agree with that done more in one touch than Boyce did whole game,  but when you hear groans around the stadium when he was subbed on (ridiculous by the way) then I think most have written him off. 

Gordon 

Soapy Halkett Kingsley 

McEneff Haring Dev  

Boyce 

Gino

Robbie won't go to Parkhead and not start Halliday and GMS.

3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I just hope that we aren't beaten before we step off the bus. 

I'm a glass half full bloke but our record there is appalling. 

Tonight I'm really hoping for a good performance from the players because Celtic are no great shakes and have defensive weaknesses.

I'd bite your hand off for a point, but if we perform really well and lose then I could take some solace from that too. 

Having said that, we are due a win through there and worse teams than us have managed that so here's hoping.

Where I’m at also. Anyone who points to the cup game needs their head read as game over at halftime. Trying to hold up the ball and retain a bit of possession ourselves tonight is vital early doors instead of rabbit caught in the headlights. Easier said than done but this Celtic team are no world beaters. Keep Jota & Kyogo  relatively quiet is half the battle, defence is their weak point so hopefully we have a plan to press the back line. Fingers crossed for a decent performance. 

3 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Gordon

Smith Souttar Halkett Kingsley 

MacKay Haring Devlin Cochrane 

Boyce Ginnelly 

We won’t play 4-4-2. Haven’t done in ages. Unless this is supposed to be a 4-4-1-1? If there is a change in shape, I suspect it will be one of the front 3 dropping into midfield. Like a 3-5-2. 

I’d go for

Gordon 

Soapy    Halkett     Kingsley 

Moore  Haring  Mceneff   Devlin  Cochrane 

McKay 

Boyce 

11 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Agree with that done more in one touch than Boyce did whole game,  but when you hear groans around the stadium when he was subbed on (ridiculous by the way) then I think most have written him off. 

probably. It's difficult to score / direct assist every time you come on as sub for 15-20 mins. (think he's started 2-3 times).

probs also doubly hard to dislodge the club top scorer even if you do.

if / when we replace Gnando, we are going to be looking at unearthing the diamond of the decade. A striker willing to warm the bench initially......get 15-20 min spells....but score once / twice each spell (or direct assists) to force their way into the first team and stay there.

anyone done that for us previously?

Disclaimer - I come across as a big Gnando fan - but am not really. just trying to be objective.

3 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

We won’t play 4-4-2. Haven’t done in ages. Unless this is supposed to be a 4-4-1-1? If there is a change in shape, I suspect it will be one of the front 3 dropping into midfield. Like a 3-5-2. 

I’d go for

Gordon 

McKay 

Boyce 

This,with Harring sitting in just infrastructure if the back 3. However it'll include Halliday,cert.

1 minute ago, MattyK82 said:

I’d go for

Gordon 

McKay 

Boyce 

I know we haven't played a 442 for ages. I just think it is the best formation to play away from home against Celtic. Two banks of four. With Boyce and Ginnelly as the out ball. Boyce to hold it up. Ginnelly to use his pace in behind. 

Our 3 4 3 will just become a 5 4 1 and we will be defending our box all night. That's what happened against Motherwell. It would be ten times worse at Parkhead.

The Old Tolbooth

I was chatting to a Celtic season ticket holder earlier through work, and he feels that Celtic are running on empty, I said not to worry as they'll get their confidence back against us after Robbie parks his bus, but he reckons they've been struggling to break sides down who do that this season. 

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, Gambo said:

We need to go there and play like a team challenging for 2nd.

Why just 2nd. 

If any team manages to "split the OF" then you would have to think they would be fairly close to the team in first place. 

Not saying we can or we will but that has to be the target 

27 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

He can't play Gnando simple as that, the boy is hopeless. 

Relentless pressing and getting in they're faces is the minimum requirement, do that and there is chance of getting something...if not a trousering will ensue

Hackney Hearts
4 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

If any team manages to "split the OF" then you would have to think they would be fairly close to the team in first place. 

Never understood this concept! It's a notional "target" that has seeped into the lexicon of Scottish football and is often used on the likes of Sportscene. It's crazy - if one half of the OF is clearly weaker than the other in a given season, okay, just say the target is to "finish above x". If they're much of a muchness (as this season so far), then as you say, if you've got a chance of finishing ahead of one then you've logically got a chance of finishing ahead of both. Is it just to reinforce the idea that any team outside the OF winning the league would be absurd (/ not allowed)? 

2 hours ago, ...andFulton'sBaggio said:

Gordon 

Soapy Halkett Kingsley 

McEneff Haring Dev  

Boyce 

Gino

That would 100% be my team

33 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

I know we haven't played a 442 for ages. I just think it is the best formation to play away from home against Celtic. Two banks of four. With Boyce and Ginnelly as the out ball. Boyce to hold it up. Ginnelly to use his pace in behind. 

Our 3 4 3 will just become a 5 4 1 and we will be defending our box all night. That's what happened against Motherwell. It would be ten times worse at Parkhead.

The only downside about playing 4 at the back is that Halkett isn’t as effective, for some reason. 

It’s difficult for a match like this. Often it won’t matter how we set up, if Celtic are on their game, it could be a long night. Hopefully they are slightly off it and we play to our best. 

I thought we have looked far more dangerous in an attacking sense with Moore as RWB and Cochrane as LWB. So I hope they both play tonight. We absolutely need an outball though so we can’t rule out Gino starting either. 

Hard to predict the set up. 

40 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

This,with Harring sitting in just infrastructure if the back 3. However it'll include Halliday,cert.

I hope not! 

Just now, MattyK82 said:

The only downside about playing 4 at the back is that Halkett isn’t as effective, for some reason. 

It’s difficult for a match like this. Often it won’t matter how we set up, if Celtic are on their game, it could be a long night. Hopefully they are slightly off it and we play to our best. 

I thought we have looked far more dangerous in an attacking sense with Moore as RWB and Cochrane as LWB. So I hope they both play tonight. We absolutely need an outball though so we can’t rule out Gino starting either. 

Hard to predict the set up. 

Agree about Halkett being better as sweeper in a back 3. 

Moore against United at RWB certainly looked better than Smith. Might go for Smith's experience I  this game but it's a toss of a coin.

I would just prefer a solid back 4 than play a 3 that very quickly becomes a very deep back 5. 

9 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Agree about Halkett being better as sweeper in a back 3. 

Moore against United at RWB certainly looked better than Smith. Might go for Smith's experience I  this game but it's a toss of a coin.

I would just prefer a solid back 4 than play a 3 that very quickly becomes a very deep back 5. 

Exactly this. Their wide men would occupy our wingbacks then we’d have 3 CHs marking Kyogo. 

It’s a 4-3-3 tonight. 

Attitude and belief is as important, if not more so, than the line up. 

Robbie has sat back v them in the cup tie, and we were 3-0 down at half time, and the same in the cup final and we were 2 nil down early doors. Even the 2-1 win for us earlier this season, we went a goal up then sat back and were under the cosh until they scored.

Hopefully lesson learned from those games that we need to press a bit higher up the park and have more of a go. Don't give them any time on the ball.

As someone said earlier, it's 2nd v 3rd. We should be going through there thinking we can't lose anymore ground on them and it's a chance to go 2nd. 

Hackney Hearts
2 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Robbie has sat back v them in the cup tie, and we were 3-0 down at half time

I know it felt like 3-0 (actually felt more like 6-0), but it was actually only 2-0 at half-time. 

Which is why, when we adopted a different approach in the 2nd half, getting our first goal meant something (however briefly).