• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Bongo 1874

• Hearts007

re: Gnando - thought his deft touch to put Gino through on Saturday for a clear shot on goal was very good. think he'd (Gnando) only been on the pitch a few mins. Gino scores and Gnando gets some due praise.

Not saying Gnando should start. Not saying I'm a fan of Gnando. Just giving a bit of balance.

15 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Gordon.

Moore.

Souttar. 

Halkett.

Kingsley.

Cochrane.

Haring.

Devlin.

Mceneff. 

Boyce. 

McKay. 

This 100%.

34 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Gordon.

Moore.

Souttar. 

Halkett.

Kingsley.

Cochrane.

Haring.

Devlin.

Mceneff. 

Boyce. 

McKay. 

Like that

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Gordon.

Moore.

Souttar. 

Halkett.

Kingsley.

Cochrane.

Haring.

Devlin.

Mceneff. 

Boyce. 

McKay. 

Either this, or swap Mackay for Gino and you're bang on with the balance I reckon. 

Got to start Ginelly for his pace. We were never in the game at Celtic Park at the start of the season until he came on similar to the cup final 

18Jambo_dave74

I'd definitely tweak the system so that we have a midfield 3 (Haring, Devlin, McEneff). Recent away games, with the exception of St Johnstone, has seen us overrun in midfield so I think we really need 3 in there, particularly going to Celtic Park. 

Would agree with those suggesting Ginnelly to start as I think we'll need an out ball. Celtic will press us and try and pin us back so having an option to hit in behind their defence is crucial. 

23 hours ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

Neilson said he's fine. So likely be out for 6 weeks.

Just read that it's not as bad as first thought but going for a scan today. So as you say we probably won't see him in December. 

2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Gordon.

Moore.

Souttar. 

Halkett.

Kingsley.

Cochrane.

Haring.

Devlin.

Mceneff. 

Boyce. 

McKay. 

I’m with you on this 👍

It's becoming a feature of this league that just about any team can beat any other team on their day. Makes for a great competition, so maybe we should forgive occasional poor performances like Aberdeen and Motherwell. It looks like a run of two or three victories on the trot would get any team into a strong position for European places, lets hope it starts on Thursday. 

On 30/11/2021 at 10:42, bistokid said:

Gordon

Smith Souttar Halkett Kingsley

McEneff Beni Devlin

McKay.         Boyce.           Gino

Don't think Beni will be playing.

Have a feeling he may add Haring and Halliday to the starting lineup with Gino on the bench.

So the shape will be 4-5-1-1

Fozzyonthefence
3 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

We have very good players than can hurt the rebels.

It's whether or not Neilson allows them to do that?

On the basis they weren’t able to hurt Aberdeen and Motherwell in the last 2 away games, I don’t see them hurting Celtic tomorrow night either.  I just hope we don’t put in our usual Glasgow first half performance, at least try to be more positive. 

11 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Have a feeling he may add Haring and Halliday to the starting lineup with Gino on the bench.

That should work

He is clearly going to play a flat back 5. That’s why Halliday was brought back instead of Cochrane. 

As long as he has 3 in midfield to disrupt them and we’ve got an out ball, ideally Ginelly , we might get out of there still able to count the goals conceded on one hand.

We will NOT be having a go here. Anyone expecting us to be even remotely positive here is deluded. It’s a pure damage limitation excercise. 

If a Robbie Neilson team EVER wins at Celtic park I will pose naked on Foundation Plaza

Edited by JimmyCant

13 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

He is clearly going to play a flat back 5. That’s why Halliday was brought back instead of Cochrane. 

As long as he has 3 in midfield to disrupt them and we’ve got an out ball, ideally Ginelly , we might get out of there still able to count the goals conceded on one hand.

We will NOT be having a go here. Anyone expecting us to be even remotely positive here is deluded. It’s a pure damage limitation excercise. 

If a Robbie Neilson team EVER wins at Celtic park I will pose naked on Foundation Plaza

Book marked !

👍

7 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Gordon.

Moore.

Souttar. 

Halkett.

Kingsley.

Cochrane.

Haring.

Devlin.

Mceneff. 

Boyce. 

McKay. 

Would settle for this, but maybe would prefer Gino to Boyce. Won't be surprised to see Smith and Halliday start though.

7 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Gordon.

Moore.

Souttar. 

Halkett.

Kingsley.

Cochrane.

Haring.

Devlin.

Mceneff. 

Boyce. 

McKay. 

Good shout. If we're to be in with a chance, it'll need to be something like this (ie. 3 in midfield).

ROBBIE NEILSON PRE-MATCH

https://t.co/z2a8QjMEEs

Talks about:

I’m sure you’ve all heard by now, it looks as if Beni will miss our next two games…

New deal offered to Stephen Kingsley

”Having a go” at Parkhead (heard that before). 
Auchinleck Talbot away…  

Reads appreciated

1 hour ago, gnasher75 said:

An extra man gives us a chance if no one notices.

You spotted the deliberate mistake.

I meant 3-5-1-1.

Nelly Terraces
26 minutes ago, Jamiemac said:

ROBBIE NEILSON PRE-MATCH

https://t.co/z2a8QjMEEs

Talks about:

I’m sure you’ve all heard by now, it looks as if Beni will miss our next two games…

New deal offered to Stephen Kingsley

”Having a go” at Parkhead (heard that before). 
Auchinleck Talbot away…  

Reads appreciated

The problem with Neilson is he thinks the flaccid way we always play there counts as 'having a go'.

Celtic will walk this game as per usual.

1 minute ago, Nelly Terraces said:

The problem with Neilson is he thinks the flaccid way we always play there counts as 'having a go'.

Celtic will walk this game as per usual.

My money is on 5-0. Pays for the train and ticket though. 

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Great post - you magnificent barsteward.

Edited by Birregrande

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Unlikely, I agree, but still a brave promise on your part.

Vs. Rangers on the 12th? 😄

24 minutes ago, martoon said:

Unlikely, I agree, but still a brave promise on your part.

Vs. Rangers on the 12th? 😄

I was more thinking 3am in the morning with a selfie stick

Scrubbing out Beni for two games is brutal,

I go with this starting 11 give McEneff the next two games

He may shut me up, not that i don't rate him, more not sure if he has that winning mentality as not seen him much. Has scored aganst Pedo Fc so makes sense. I want him and the lads to go for it do their jobs and bring home at least a point. Getting beat adds to a long list of failures so who gievs a **** about that just now.

10 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Gordon.

Moore.

Souttar. 

Halkett.

Kingsley.

Cochrane.

Haring.

Devlin.

McEneff

Boyce. 

McKay. 

Edited by A.JAMBO

I agree with the 3 in midfield. The 2 would get overran. I just hope Robbie has learnt something from the last 2 games against Celtic in Glasgow. This giving them a 2 goal lead before coming out and being more positive doesn't work. We don't have to go all out attack, just be a bit more positive. 

Let's see what Tomorrow brings. 

4 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Yeah, wasn't aware of Beni being out. Straight swap for Haring. Really hope Halliday is nowhere near it, he's a liability. And if we do go 5 in midfield we need someone who can drive forward (McEneff). From recollection he started at Celtic park with Haring/ Beni/ Halliday and we couldn't get out our half because they couldn't come out with the ball.  Hopefully he doesn't make the same mistake again.

As for Gino, the outlet he gives means he needs to start IMO. Keep him near Boyce, will keep Celtic on their toes.

52 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I was more thinking 3am in the morning with a selfie stick

Aye. 

That would be my solution, too. 😄

11 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

re: Gnando - thought his deft touch to put Gino through on Saturday for a clear shot on goal was very good. think he'd (Gnando) only been on the pitch a few mins. Gino scores and Gnando gets some due praise.

Not saying Gnando should start. Not saying I'm a fan of Gnando. Just giving a bit of balance.

The big man has his faults but I would start him before I'd start Boyce tomorrow night. Either Ginnelly or Gnanduillet at centre forward for me. If it's Gnanduillet then play Ginnelly and McKay alongside him in the 'front three'. 

We are going to spend most of tomorrow evening defending our own eighteen yard box. Which means we need one of two things up front. We either need a player up front who can hold up the ball until our midfield can get up the pitch to link up. Or we need to have enough pace up front that we can counter attack on Celtic and really hurt them when we do it. Liam Boyce fits neither of these criteria.

There will be plenty other matches where Boyce is our best option up front. But tomorrow night we need to be looking at other options. 

We jump ahead of Celtic if we win and closer to rangers if they don't win tonight.

Plenty of incentive there.  It's not impossible we can win if our defence and midfield can frustrate them.

I always find it quite difficult picking a team for Glasgow. I inevitably pick the team I'd like to see us play in every other game and realise it would be beaten 4-0 at CP or Ibrox. Even the team I eventually go with, I'm never sure if they'd be solid or never get over the halfway line!

image.png.ca1b13b47bbba3ea7543f44866134890.png

9 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

We jump ahead of Celtic if we win and closer to rangers if they don't win tonight.

Plenty of incentive there.  It's not impossible we can win if our defence and midfield can frustrate them.

The Rangers are shit ( imo) mate we will hump them at Tynecastle 👍

The Mercer Takeover

There is a chance here to go second FFS, what's all this negative stuff.

Anything other than us having a real go, must be met with a Neilson dismissal. What's the point of us being in this league, if we are not going to try and win.

In addition, any kind of capitulation should see Neilson given a written warning, and his future based on the Livi result on Sunday.

We own this football club now, so seeing it play in a manner we wish, is an absolute priority.

2 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

There is a chance here to go second FFS, what's all this negative stuff.

Anything other than us having a real go, must be met with a Neilson dismissal. What's the point of us being in this league, if we are not going to try and win.

In addition, any kind of capitulation should see Neilson given a written warning, and his future based on the Livi result on Sunday.

We own this football club now, so seeing it play in a manner we wish, is an absolute priority.

:laugh2: 

...andFulton'sBaggio
2 hours ago, A.JAMBO said:

2-5-1-2

Gordon

Souttar Halkett

Moore Haring Devlin Kingsley Cochrane

Mackay

Boyce McNeff

This the craziest formation I've seen in a while! I mean who knows, it could be genius but still 😆

1 minute ago, ...andFulton'sBaggio said:

This the craziest formation I've seen in a while! I mean who knows, it could be genius but still 😆

Ok then 3-4-3

...andFulton'sBaggio
1 minute ago, A.JAMBO said:

Ok then 3-4-3

Yeah, it's basically a 3-4-3, with Kingsley hanging out in midfield and McEneff running in behind. It's the sort of shape the players could end up in once the game gets stretched, but not really a starting position. It would be quite hard to play offside for a start!

Just now, ...andFulton'sBaggio said:

Yeah, it's basically a 3-4-3, with Kingsley hanging out in midfield and McEneff running in behind. It's the sort of shape the players could end up in once the game gets stretched, but not really a starting position. It would be quite hard to play offside for a start!

It is adaptable to situations.

7 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

At 2.30pm on a matchday? 

He’s not.

PeacefulMelodicArthropods-small.gif

Edited by Led Tasso