TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )

rickyjambo

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, R9. said:

Heard tonight safe standing for lower Gorgie installed over the summer. I don’t know how ST holders may feel at the top with the bottom bit all standing. What was the Scottish cup v Celtic like with the GU below ?

I don’t know if they will be housed down the bottom but the talk is the full bottom of Gorgie rd will have railed seating.

It's the only way it would work at Tynecastle I reckon, if it was a vertical section, there would be a seated section a couple of feet away who can't see anything in that direction.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Sooks

• Watt-Zeefuik

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, R9. said:

Heard tonight safe standing for lower Gorgie installed over the summer. I don’t know how ST holders may feel at the top with the bottom bit all standing. What was the Scottish cup v Celtic like with the GU below ?

I don’t know if they will be housed down the bottom but the talk is the full bottom of Gorgie rd will have railed seating.

Good stuff! The Gorgie Ultras have really brought the atmosphere to Tynie this season and I think its right that the club supports them in doing what they can to turn the Gorgie stand into a proper singing section, complete with safe standing. 

Safe seating is the way forward! Let’s be honest current seating is dangerous. Even in the new stand at Tynecastle there’s nothing to stop you

from falling forward.

8EF46F5F-7119-4C65-98FC-E66FA81EC05A.jpeg

Just now, Jambo-Fox said:

Safe seating is the way forward! Let’s be honest current seating is dangerous. Even in the new stand at Tynecastle there’s nothing to stop you

from falling forward.

Most EPL Clubs seem to be moving to this … some examples ..

D730A046-44AC-4014-A251-3CB600E2BBE7.jpeg

0AA544DE-04FB-4592-BDC4-15E6A86260F5.png

9D624096-0494-4A4C-B0C0-A4998C7622F8.webp

C86E1C0D-E788-4F66-AA3E-FB6E59A77DD5.jpeg

34 minutes ago, R9. said:

Obviously I dunno you from Adam mate and whilst I’ve no reason not to believe you, I cannot help but think this is BS. And the sole reason for doing so? Because the thought of it is too good to be true. 

If the entire bottom section of the Gorgie was made into safe standing, with all the flags/tifos etc that would bring, it would be an absolute game changer. Tynecastle would almost overnight become far more of the bear pit it’s always threatened to be. We’ve got the steepest stands in Scotland, and players (both in our team and the opposition) have always mentioned that it feels like the fans are on top of them when playin there. Add into the mix that there could be anything up to a thousand bodies bouncing up and down “on top of them” and our ground has just gone up tenfold in terms of atmosphere. 

Im 46 year auld and creamin myself at the thought of it to be honest 🤣

4 hours ago, R9. said:

Hopefully this will stop the idiots from standing in front of fans who are seated.

Selkirkhmfc1874
17 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Would have thought it would increase it.

Exactly same ! One standing per seat

kingantti1874
4 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Does safe standing reduce the stand capacity

no it’s the same.  In Germany it increases capacity when used  but not allowed here 

Rick Sanchez
9 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Unless you're a Celtic fan, then you can enter 2 by 2 and stand where you like.

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

😂 I  laugh but it’s true 

Italian Lambretta
10 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Tbh when we play hibs lower section n is like that. I think the new standing section will be the same on certain match days unless the club rigorously enforce it?

Selkirkhmfc1874
28 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Exactly although we done that down at Easter Road for the cup game 

Selkirkhmfc1874
28 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Tbh when we play hibs lower section n is like that. I think the new standing section will be the same on certain match days unless the club rigorously enforce it?

At Easter Road for the cup game laddies were going through turnstiles 2 at a time with one ticket 

On 25/03/2023 at 22:19, Hearts_fan said:

The clue is in the title (Celtic).

I was there but to be honest, I'd already spent £500 on a ST and the thought of spending a further £30 to have to listen to songs about the IRA from a full School End... wasn't appealing.

I can understand why some didn't.

I prefer matches against non-arsecheek clubs.

I know some parents who just won't take their kids to games involving the arsecheeks because the bigotry is disgusting.

A home QF against Auchinleck Talbot would have sold more tickets.

Nailed it! 👍

3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Wolves managed to add a few extra seats per row when they installed rail seating so it could lead to a small increase 

17 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

from falling forward.

So your answer to making the stands safer is having everyone stand up?

4 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

So your answer to making the stands safer is having everyone stand up?

Sitting or standing is optional … both are catered for!! All I know is that having the rail makes it safer even it’s just to access your seat.

So yes overall having the standing option does make it safer!

And tbh I was very anti but having experienced it in a few stadiums for me it’s the way forward!

27 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Sitting or standing is optional … both are catered for!! All I know is that having the rail makes it safer even it’s just to access your seat.

So yes overall having the standing option does make it safer!

And tbh I was very anti but having experienced it in a few stadiums for me it’s the way forward!

Sitting is safe than standing. 100% of the time. 

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Having the ‘rail’ makes it safer, without it there’s nothing to stop you falling forward. 

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Yes, but do you stay sitting when something happens on the pitch, such as a goal?

Even in an all seated section, a low barrier to the row in front would help stop you falling forward in such situations, including arriving late after kick off while pished. Right now there's nothing. I think that's Fox's point.

On 08/04/2023 at 01:00, Smithee said:

It's the only way it would work at Tynecastle I reckon, if it was a vertical section, there would be a seated section a couple of feet away who can't see anything in that direction.

It would work in section Z of the Gorgie.

Famous 1874

Noticed on LinkedIn that Hearts are now actively looking for a hotel manager which suggests the project is almost finished. 

25 room hotel. We’ll rake it in. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

Noticed on LinkedIn that Hearts are now actively looking for a hotel manager which suggests the project is almost finished. 

Not even started 

A_A wehatethehibs
3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Not even started 

Imagine majority of the work will take place off season. The stands going to turn into a building site again

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Not even started 

The need a hotel manager in now for staff recruitment/interviews, suppliers, input on fit out of hotel, etc.

davemclaren
18 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

The need a hotel manager in now for staff recruitment/interviews, suppliers, input on fit out of hotel, etc.

Have you heard if any work has gone out to tender yet? I assume it will start straight after the season ends. 

Drylaw Hearts
55 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Have you heard if any work has gone out to tender yet? I assume it will start straight after the season ends. 

Think Ann sent a text to Jimmy…..tender delivered.

58 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I don’t know Dave

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

The work has been tendered & awarded already👍

3 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Advert with job spec summary of tasks

https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/job-listing/hotel-manager-heart-of-midlothian-fc-heart-of-midlothian-fc-JV_IC3312271_KO0,36_KE37,59.htm?jl=1008583920100

On 07/04/2023 at 22:51, R9. said:

I know I quoted this at the time, but worth a bump again. Wish we could hear more about this from the club 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

upgotheheads

I've not been following the safe standing issue but I noticed that there was an area at Kilmarnock quite high up in their west stand that was standing. It sounds logical to put standing areas at the back but it wouldn't work at Tynecastle, for me anyway. Although I am quite old I can make the hike to the top row once, maybe twice, but then to have to stand for 90 minutes wouldn't work.

I'm guessing that standing areas below the gangway wouldn't interfere with anyone view though. 

gorgierulesapply88
11 hours ago, Faldo said:

The work has been tendered & awarded already👍

Not to her brother again is it?

On 13/04/2023 at 11:28, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Imagine majority of the work will take place off season. The stands going to turn into a building site again

Not really. It’s mostly internal fit out works so won’t effect match day activities.

Howdy Doody Jambo

I'm noticing that the roof cladding especially at the back of the Roseburn could do with a lick of paint or a wrap of advertising could do the trick it's getting that old weathered look 

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Work has started on Hotel and expected to be finished by October at the latest.

Have they remembered to order the beds?