TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )

rickyjambo

BRING_BACK_MO_BERTHA

Yes get all the options looked at and planned for but in my view we maximise what we already have (cut OF allocation, make best use of re-sales and hospitality seats, bump up premium seat prices, get hotel generating money etc) and then concentrate on ploughing money into first team and academy to make sure we pull away in 3rd and get regular uefa group stage games. That’s where we will get the money to then build the next stand…and we can’t take eye of the squad as all it takes is some rich bleep to take an interest in an Aberdeen, Hibs, Dundee, Kilmarnock or whatever to knock us back if we are too busy building up Tynie.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Sooks

• Watt-Zeefuik

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

davemclaren
6 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Absolutely to all of this.

And the limited size of the main stand was for several reasons. We built as big as we were allowed (and down a bit from our original plans) with regards to the ethanol tanks. We also were building in an extreme hurry because of the reconstruction of the nursery at the time, which gave us a chance to buy the land and include it in our building. We also had to replace all of the "back office" stuff in Tynecastle, including club offices, training rooms, lockers, showers, media, studios, etc, all of which are much more expensive to build than a big tiered ramp with seats on it, so our budget was stressed.

The height was also limited by the school across the road iirc. 

johnking123
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The height was also limited by the school across the road iirc. 

This true also.  Think we could wheatfield slightly taller, But not by much. Going to cost a lot of money and persuasion to do. But could keep us in Gorgie for years to come. 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

This true also.  Think we could wheatfield slightly taller, But not by much. Going to cost a lot of money and persuasion to do. But could keep us in Gorgie for years to come. 

However you view it in terms of its achievabikity it's the only realistic option we have left for expansion. 

johnking123
17 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

However you view it in terms of its achievabikity it's the only realistic option we have left for expansion. 

Definitely,  and I'm all for it. Having a 25k+ stadium would make us more attractive for possible internationals and get more money in the club. Would hopefully keep us in Gorgie for a couple more decades.

12 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

I know many who don't contribute and the reasoning behind it was to try send a message to club re neilson the 1st time around. Many have stayed in the same boat. Myself included.

Not the mention the dialogue from the FOH to fans is absolutely shocking, and then we have queen anne who setup the grass line etc and banned 'fans' on various occasions and then spoke out against other fans in the papers. Very outspoken is queen anne.

:bolt: 

The club doesn't need "fans" like you tbh.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I always look at the plaza area and think if only we had been allowed to double the capacity of the main stand by building it right back as far as the road then we would be in a much better place now. I know financially that would have been a stretch but think how many corporate boxes we could have fitted in and also extra platinum seats in the central portion. 

Sinbad the Sailor
12 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

I know many who don't contribute and the reasoning behind it was to try send a message to club re neilson the 1st time around. Many have stayed in the same boat. Myself included.

Not the mention the dialogue from the FOH to fans is absolutely shocking, and then we have queen anne who setup the grass line etc and banned 'fans' on various occasions and then spoke out against other fans in the papers. Very outspoken is queen anne.

🙈

Continuing off topic slightly re FoH contributions , I heard on This is my Story podcast last night that the Gorgie Ultras pay FoH £100 per month frohm their funds. In addition to this many of their members make a personal donation each month  given their age profile perhaps the best route to expand/maintain the number of contributors. 

1 hour ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I always look at the plaza area and think if only we had been allowed to double the capacity of the main stand by building it right back as far as the road then we would be in a much better place now. I know financially that would have been a stretch but think how many corporate boxes we could have fitted in and also extra platinum seats in the central portion. 

Yeah, that was really our best opportunity to significantly increase capacity but sadly circumstances prevented us from doing so. We had space there to get an extra 2-3 thousand seats. 

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Yeah, that was really our best opportunity to significantly increase capacity but sadly circumstances prevented us from doing so. We had space there to get an extra 2-3 thousand seats. 

I wonder whether that ship has completely sailed? Perhaps expanding the Main Stand by 2-3 thousand of seats would still be a possibility further down the line. I'm not a structural engineer though so don't know how feasible it would be to extend the back of the stand over the buildings. Might require a cantilevered roof perhaps rather than the existing truss. Would probably not be a straightforward exercise but might still be a possibility.

Watt-Zeefuik
4 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

3 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Yep. Would have required moving the ethanol which in addition to being financially prohibitive at the time would have pushed us out of the window for rebuilding the nursery.

It's disappointing but it still has to be said what a fantastic accomplishment the new main was under the circumstances. We had to thread multiple needles perfectly and we did it.

gorgierulesapply88
18 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Hibs game moved....

This again shows the dialogue with fans.

People will continue to plough their money into FOH...

Pandering to they rats from leith.  

:facepalm:

26 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Hibs game moved....

It was moved for pay per view . What is actually wrong with you ? Is it some thing you could over come with a bit of professional help ? Because you seem to be seeing demons every where that they do not lurk . Try and calm down a bit with the angry paranoid stuff because it will not do you any favours in life . Free advice take it or leave it I do not care enough to know what you decide 

The Treasurer

Definitely a

"me and/or some of my wee chums have been banned from Tynecastle for behaving like a dick"

type post

The Treasurer
46 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Hibs game moved....

It's their home game.

If we had not agreed to the move then they would have gone to the SPFL.

I think we all know who's side they would have been on.

But lets blame our own club and not our biggest rivals

gorgierulesapply88
50 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

It's their home game.

If we had not agreed to the move then they would have gone to the SPFL.

I think we all know who's side they would have been on.

But lets blame our own club and not our biggest rivals

It was moved for PPV purposes.

One club has said the home team asked, the other said both agreed...

Who's lying? I wouldn't like to think our club are lying to the fans.. wouldn't be surprised tho 

The Treasurer
7 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

It was moved for PPV purposes.

One club has said the home team asked, the other said both agreed...

Who's lying? I wouldn't like to think our club are lying to the fans.. wouldn't be surprised tho 

So you are taking the side of our biggest rivals rather than your own club.

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

So you are taking the side of our biggest rivals rather than your own club.

Wait til you hear about the guys that wanted us to lose a derby!

19 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Laugh or cry? Cry or laugh? Decisions, decisions...

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Definitely a

"me and/or some of my wee chums have been banned from Tynecastle for behaving like a dick"

type post

The ones still allowed to go are the ones trying to get "Hello Hello" going again and are raging when the GU shout them down.

On 14/03/2023 at 12:30, Wee Mikey said:

I'd be gobsmacked if options for future expansion haven't already been explored and aren't being reviewed regularly.

As far as being able to fill any additional capacity, one indicator is the current corporate hospitality sell-out to season end (with a waiting list); and another is this season's home sell-outs prompting the introduction of the ticket exchange plus a ST waiting list.

Without doubt, Hearts carry a huge latent support in and around Edinburgh itself.

One need only have to look at the glorious images from the 2012 cup parade whereby an estimated 100,000 turned out.

My own photos & vids are not on my phone but, belive me, the views of both the High St and Johnston Terrace were awesome, as were the scenes down to Haymarket and thence along to Tynecastle.

The thing is, harnessing that support week-to-week is clearly linked to how well the team does on the pitch, but it's definitely there.

In lieu of my own footage:-

Hearts 2012 Cup Parade

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scottish-cup-final-100000-fans-857290?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

Absolutely brilliant!

On 14/03/2023 at 12:30, Wee Mikey said:

I'd be gobsmacked if options for future expansion haven't already been explored and aren't being reviewed regularly.

As far as being able to fill any additional capacity, one indicator is the current corporate hospitality sell-out to season end (with a waiting list); and another is this season's home sell-outs prompting the introduction of the ticket exchange plus a ST waiting list.

Without doubt, Hearts carry a huge latent support in and around Edinburgh itself.

One need only have to look at the glorious images from the 2012 cup parade whereby an estimated 100,000 turned out.

My own photos & vids are not on my phone but, belive me, the views of both the High St and Johnston Terrace were awesome, as were the scenes down to Haymarket and thence along to Tynecastle.

The thing is, harnessing that support week-to-week is clearly linked to how well the team does on the pitch, but it's definitely there.

In lieu of my own footage:-

Hearts 2012 Cup Parade

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scottish-cup-final-100000-fans-857290?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

I really hope you're right. I think in Scottish football, ticket sales are king. If we want to see meaningful progress on the field, we need to have the capacity to support a successful team. I've always been of the mind that Hearts are a bigger club that we realise. We see this time and time again when we go to Hampden or the sheer volume of fans that turn out to watch a cup parade. I really believe that the club has suffered stagnation prior to Ann Budge coming in of close to 30 years of either mismanagement or poor management. If you look at Edinburgh relative to other similar sized cities, its mental we don't even have a 20k capacity stadium!! Its only really since Budge has came in that the potential of the club has been unleashed. We finally have a situation where the quality of our off field and on field management mirror each other and unsurprisingly we're getting capacity crowds most weeks. 

I think a good point to underline here is that the expectation isn't to go challenge the OF, its to put together a competitive team that can finish 3rd and push as far as possible in the cups. For a club with the 3rd most resources, that is an entirely reasonable ask and when its met the fans turn out in big numbers. 

I don't really buy the argument that its too risky. I think its more risky to do nothing. When you have momentum behind you its important not to stand idly by and let that momentum die away. Keep pushing and showing ambition to grow and develop the club further. If an expanded Wheatfield could be delivered then you'd probably be talking about the single largest period of growth the club has ever had. That is exciting and I think is something that would be marketable and liable to draw more fans in. 

johnking123

I'm sure upping capacity has been talked about too. But will be trying to finish hotel and seeing what can be done with training facility's first. 

Watt-Zeefuik
33 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

I'm sure upping capacity has been talked about too. But will be trying to finish hotel and seeing what can be done with training facility's first. 

Indeed. As I said, I'm not in a hurry, and neither construction costs nor interest rates are favorable for starting a project now. But selfishly I hope it's sooner rather than later.

We could always 'think outside the box' and be pro-active as regards whipping up interest with some wacky TV adverts.

We could get our stars linked up with Scottish sporting heros and heroines.

Wee Cammy Devlin with a deep-fake Jocky Wilson in a darts themed spoof of this ad to encourage folks to sign up to FOH?

Henry Cooper & Kevin Keegan Brut Advert:-

gorgierulesapply88
4 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

The ones still allowed to go are the ones trying to get "Hello Hello" going again and are raging when the GU shout them down.

Is that what you're assuming? I'm not on about anybody who's banned, I don't know many. But the club and Tynecastle has quick become a 'family' fun day.

David McCaig
14 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Worth bearing in mind that the capacity would appear to drop to barely 17,000 for European matches.

johnking123
2 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Worth bearing in mind that the capacity would appear to drop to barely 17,000 for European matches.

Yes. Good bit o revenue we missed out on. With bigger stadium,  we could have a million more from Europe alone.

Thunder and Lightning
33 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Yes. Good bit o revenue we missed out on. With bigger stadium,  we could have a million more from Europe alone.

Indeed, could have been quite the money spinner...

6 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Yes - that was quite frustrating. I'm pretty sure we could have shifted 25,000 tickets for the Fiorentina game if we had the capacity. When we played European games at Murrayfield we got some pretty decent crowds.

6 hours ago, David McCaig said:

About 10,000 short of what we could sell going by our stint at Murrayfield previously.

Schalke: 27272

Fenecvaros: 26182

NK Siroki Brijeg: 28486

AEK Athens: 32459

Sparta Prague: 27451

2 minutes ago, R9. said:

I was at tynecastle back in November arranged a tour with Lockie get some photos with my son and when on the restaurant balcony he said in the future it’s possible to add another level to the restaurant. I don’t know if more rows could then be added to the main stand. 

The restaurant doesn't meet the current height of the stand. For the stand to have more rows added it would need to overhang the restaurant.

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

The restaurant doesn't meet the current height of the stand. For the stand to have more rows added it would need to overhang the restaurant.

Looking to build another floor on top of the restaurant I heard because the current one not as high as should've been

2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Looking to build another floor on top of the restaurant I heard because the current one not as high as should've been

They should stick a beer garden up there over the summer months.

FarmerTweedy
36 minutes ago, R9. said:

I was at tynecastle back in November arranged a tour with Lockie get some photos with my son and when on the restaurant balcony he said in the future it’s possible to add another level to the restaurant. I don’t know if more rows could then be added to the main stand. 

I'll stick my neck out and say it could almost certainly be done, if the situation around the ground changed sufficiently to allow us to obtain planning permission for it. The issue would be how it could be done, and how much that would cost, and I suspect it would probably, like filling in the corners, be something that required so much structural work to actually do it, that it simply wouldn't make financial sense to do so.  I'm no expert though, so I could be wrong. There's a first time for everything, as they say!  😃

53 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I think that much is clear from the actual view from the Skyline restaurant as compared with the panoramic image that was produced when the original plans were released. I've not actually been in there myself, but I've seen photos posted on here and it's fair to say they do not match up to the panorama on the drawings!

davemclaren
58 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Rooftop cocktail bar. 

25 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I'll stick my neck out and say it could almost certainly be done, if the situation around the ground changed sufficiently to allow us to obtain planning permission for it. The issue would be how it could be done, and how much that would cost, and I suspect it would probably, like filling in the corners, be something that required so much structural work to actually do it, that it simply wouldn't make financial sense to do so.  I'm no expert though, so I could be wrong. There's a first time for everything, as they say!  😃

I think that's right. There are plenty of other examples of existing stands being extended, but as you say, how much it would actually cost is another question. IIRC the main stand has 37 rows and holds just over 7,000, so say you added another 14 or 15 rows, in very approximate terms you'd be looking at approximately 2,800 more seats. But one complicating factor is you'd probably need to put in another set of entrances/exits.

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Pished in the beer garden…… flaked out in the hotel………..💡 they could add that to a season ticket option…….where do I sign up 😁

12 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Pished in the beer garden…… flaked out in the hotel………..💡 they could add that to a season ticket option…….where do I sign up 😁

:lol:

Missing a trick by not offering this 

Selkirkhmfc1874
40 minutes ago, stirlo said:

I think that much is clear from the actual view from the Skyline restaurant as compared with the panoramic image that was produced when the original plans were released. I've not actually been in there myself, but I've seen photos posted on here and it's fair to say they do not match up to the panorama on the drawings!

12 feet shorter than supposed to have been apparently 

highlandjambo3
5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Should issue these before entry into the sky lounge:

43CEAB7D-03A1-40CA-8613-EFD201A5E8E8.jpeg

davemclaren
32 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

The Starlight bar on top of the Skyline Restaurant. 

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I remember walking past as it was being built and even looking up from ground level seriously doubting that the view from the top level would be as advertised. 12 feet is a hell of a shortfall for a building of that size - it's hardly the Empire State Building!

3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

It was built to the height shown on the Architects drawings approved by the Council. 
The problem was Hearts Marketing assumed there would be a clear view of the castle and prematurely punted out press releases to that effect. 🤷‍♂️