TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )

rickyjambo

5 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Looking to build another floor on top of the restaurant I heard because the current one not as high as should've been

Who did you hear that from?

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Sooks

• Watt-Zeefuik

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, R9. said:

I was at tynecastle back in November arranged a tour with Lockie get some photos with my son and when on the restaurant balcony he said in the future it’s possible to add another level to the restaurant. I don’t know if more rows could then be added to the main stand. 

Lockie 🙈

20 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

It was built to the height shown on the Architects drawings approved by the Council. 
The problem was Hearts Marketing assumed there would be a clear view of the castle and prematurely punted out press releases to that effect. 🤷‍♂️

But I am assuming the image of the view from the the Skyline restaurant was prepared by an architect rather than someone from Hearts marketing? If that is the case, either the building was not in accordance with the plans (which seems hard to believe to the extent of 12 feet) or whoever produced that image made quite a misjudgment in terms of what the view would look like. 

2 minutes ago, stirlo said:

But I am assuming the image of the view from the the Skyline restaurant was prepared by an architect rather than someone from Hearts marketing? If that is the case, either the building was not in accordance with the plans (which seems hard to believe to the extent of 12 feet) or whoever produced that image made quite a misjudgment in terms of what the view would look like. 

Hearts marketing Dept put together a computer generated image from inside the (to be built) Skyline lounge and released it to the public. Not very clever.

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Hearts marketing Dept put together a computer generated image from inside the (to be built) Skyline lounge and released it to the public. Not very clever.

Well I guess that explains the discrepancy then because I was baffled how a 'professional' could have misjudged it so badly. As I stated in my previous post, even walking along the street as building was ongoing I could tell that the image that was released was not going to match up to the reality.

davemclaren
41 minutes ago, stirlo said:

Well I guess that explains the discrepancy then because I was baffled how a 'professional' could have misjudged it so badly. As I stated in my previous post, even walking along the street as building was ongoing I could tell that the image that was released was not going to match up to the reality.

The 'power' of 'Marketing'. 

Unknown user
On 15/03/2023 at 21:13, Wee Mikey said:

We could always 'think outside the box' and be pro-active as regards whipping up interest with some wacky TV adverts.

We could get our stars linked up with Scottish sporting heros and heroines.

Wee Cammy Devlin with a deep-fake Jocky Wilson in a darts themed spoof of this ad to encourage folks to sign up to FOH?

Henry Cooper & Kevin Keegan Brut Advert:-

We had TV ads at one point under Vlad IIRC

5 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Should issue these before entry into the sky lounge:

43CEAB7D-03A1-40CA-8613-EFD201A5E8E8.jpeg

And for the mini-huns?

Screenshot_20230316_234146_Google.jpg

5 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Should issue these before entry into the sky lounge:

43CEAB7D-03A1-40CA-8613-EFD201A5E8E8.jpeg

These are my ones ...

Just the very dab for sticking the boot in ... 😁

Screenshot_20230316_234000_Google.jpg

Edited by Wee Mikey

Get a great view of the old Donaldsons school.

Just tell overseas guests it was once a Castle.  That should do it.

Edited by DETTY29

tynietigers

It is actually 2/3 meters shorter than it should have been due to not taking in to account that when you entered old Tynicastle you walked down to the pitch and the decline was a good couple of meters 👍🏻

19 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

They should stick a beer garden up there over the summer months.

That would be fantastic.

Make it happen, Hearts!

7 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

We now currently have around 4500 on the waiting list.....

Have you not heard ? The waiting list has been made up . Hibs supporters on here said so 

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Have you not heard ? The waiting list has been made up . Hibs supporters on here said so 

Have a wonderful weekend

4 hours ago, chrisyboy7 said:

That is crazy. There are clubs in our LEAGUE that don't even get that in attendance. 

Really need to get plans in motion to increase capacity. 

17 hours ago, chrisyboy7 said:

Have a wonderful weekend

Sadly that is not possible due to some very tragic personal circumstances

17 hours ago, R9. said:

How many folk have joined the waiting list who if offered a ticket will have no desire to uptake I’m sure there will be many. Could tactical to get Hibs allocation cut 😂.

Zero is the answer . The waiting list is what it is , people who want to be able to go along and watch Hearts play football at the weekend who currently do not have available seats to do so . A couple of bad results does not define Hearts or the support . We do not amass four thousand fans who get placed on a waiting list only for them to disappear because we lose a game vs Motherwell or Aberdeen . As much as gives wee Hibbies a stiffy to pretend as much it is not how we work . Hearts are growing and Hibs will fall further behind in the coming seasons  

Allowayjambo1874
19 hours ago, chrisyboy7 said:

Where has this came from? Can you post a link from the source on this?

Given most of your posts are about increasing the stadium size and that we have outgrown Tynecastle, this sudden news about even more people on the waiting list very much suits your narrative. 

Hopefully people don’t take this new figure as gospel until we see some evidence. 

17 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Where are you seeing this? 

I'm not seeing this..i have been told this from someone and it's legit....i was surprised myself but then i remembered that back in 2006 just under 21k applied for a season ticket......I would say the club has grown since then and also more stable.....

But when you think about it.....with our tiny stadium it wont really matter as all the extra income is lost untill the club do something about it.  Its not just home support.....Away support is also in high demand as Tyncastle is a good away trip.....We are currently taking 3-4k away while we lock out 500-1500k away fans ot of tyncastle....so even more income lost.    Our average this season would probe be around 22/23k for league games if we had a 24/25k stadium with segregation but even looking further ahead we may even outgrow this....And this is without winning fk all......What a wonderful support we have.

The Real Maroonblood

I find that figure laughable.

pettigrewsstylist

Thats incredible. Where did you hear that figure CB?

Update, i see you answered above.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

Allowayjambo1874
18 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

I'm not seeing this..i have been told this from someone and it's legit....i was surprised myself but then i remembered that back in 2006 just under 21k applied for a season ticket......I would say the club has grown since then and also more stable.....

But when you think about it.....with our tiny stadium it wont really matter as all the extra income is lost untill the club do something about it.  Its not just home support.....Away support is also in high demand as Tyncastle is a good away trip.....We are currently taking 3-4k away while we lock out 500-1500k away fans ot of tyncastle....so even more income lost.    Our average this season would probe be around 22/23k for league games if we had a 24/25k stadium with segregation but even looking further ahead we may even outgrow this....And this is without winning fk all......What a wonderful support we have.

And yet we can’t sell out a cup tie v Celtic? 

Whilst increasing the capacity somehow may be on the agenda we need some years of this growth, I do wonder how many of the fans on the waiting list (let’s not go into the detail of numbers based on the some guy telt me argument) will melt away if we dropped down to fourth or fifth this season.    

Hearts cannot base a business model and put the whole club at risk and rebuild/relocate to increase the capacity by 4-5k on the back of 1-2 seasons of fan growth. It could be suicidal. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Whilst increasing the capacity somehow may be on the agenda we need some years of this growth, I do wonder how many of the fans on the waiting list (let’s not go into the detail of numbers based on the some guy telt me argument) will melt away if we dropped down to fourth or fifth this season.    

Hearts cannot base a business model and put the whole club at risk and rebuild/relocate to increase the capacity by 4-5k on the back of 1-2 seasons of fan growth. It could be suicidal. 

:spoton:

18 hours ago, R9. said:

How many folk have joined the waiting list who if offered a ticket will have no desire to uptake I’m sure there will be many. Could tactical to get Hibs allocation cut 😂.

This comment could be copied and pasted from .net.

TACTICAL TO GET HIBS ALLOCATION CUT.

That will be the exact opinion of those halfwits. 

One thing we will always have over them is our fanbases mindset re backing the team with our wallets. They are and always will be a million miles behind us in that respect. 

Just now, Smithee said:

😆

5318008 or gtf

I agree but wanted to keep it to 4 digits to match the other laughable number. 👍

Tom Hardy’s Dug

The easiest way to increase capacity instantly is to sort out a better solution for segregation.

I fail to accept that tarpaulin that takes out what must be around 10% of the seats in the Roseburn is the best we can come up with in this day and age

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Ricardo Quaresma
9 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

The easiest way to increase capacity instantly is to sort out a better solution for segregation.

I fail to accept that tarpaulin that takes out what must be around 10% of the seats in the Roseburn is the best we can come up with in this day and age

That won't even scratch the surface of the problem

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

That won't even scratch the surface of the problem

It’s a first step though. 

Marginal gains and all that. Segregation waste must cost us close to £100k a game.

Over £1.5m a season.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

22 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

It’s a first step though. 

Marginal gains and all that. Segregation waste must cost us close to £100k a game.

Over £1.5m a season.

£100k??  Only if we're charging £200 a ticket

1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

We took 40,000 to the 2006 Scottish cup Final

Let that sink in

Over 40000 Jambos at 1986 cup final v Aberdeen, ending forever the question of Scotlands third club

1 hour ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

I don't want this to go down a pro's/cons of Robbie rabbit hole, but failing to sell out the cup tie against the bigots is basically just a sign that folk sort of know the writing is on the wall when they come to town at the moment and we don't have a team/manager that can compete. If this was the Delia years, I suspect we'd probably have given Celtic more of a game. This is an exceptionally strong Celtic team that is showing no signs of letting up. Folk likely looked at it and thought they'd rather spend their day elsewhere. Plenty families give these games wide berth too, as I don't think many parents fancy trying to explain the song book in 2023....  I think that is exceptionally cautious, and more a sign of looking for reasons not to, rather than accepting that thousands of fans want season tickets, and who knows how many more walk ups can't get tickets due to issues around capacity. 

I think growth is about momentum and seizing the opportunity to expand when we can. There is serious momentum behind the club at the moment, and I think its really important that is captured. 

1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Agree with this, Aberdeen have some kind of fence up, I wonder if we could do similar? (pic in spoiler below)

Spoiler

No photo description available.

56 minutes ago, R9. said:

Don’t think for a second there is actually 4.5k hearts fans defo wanting a season ticket if one came up think the list will be full of them. It wasn’t even an official waiting list request it was some 3rd party website. 100% there is idiots who have registered interest on it who have no desire to uptake.

Keep telling yourself that if it helps you deal with the fact there are  thousands of Hearts fans desperate to get their hands on a season ticket .

Ricardo Quaresma
8 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Over 40000 Jambos at 1986 cup final v Aberdeen, ending forever the question of Scotland's third club

62,841, so almost double the codheids, probably more than double if you count neutrals

35 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Keep telling yourself that if it helps you deal with the fact there are  thousands of Hearts fans desperate to get their hands on a season ticket .

It's an actual real thing. And it's similar to the waiting list in 2006. The excitement and demand is there. 

Personally I think it can be boiled down to normal Hearts fans wanting to see Hearts play , and miserable tragic ****wit Hearts supporters just wanting to be miserable ****wits 

12 hours ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

The clue is in the title (Celtic).

I was there but to be honest, I'd already spent £500 on a ST and the thought of spending a further £30 to have to listen to songs about the IRA from a full School End... wasn't appealing.

I can understand why some didn't.

I prefer matches against non-arsecheek clubs.

I know some parents who just won't take their kids to games involving the arsecheeks because the bigotry is disgusting.

A home QF against Auchinleck Talbot would have sold more tickets.

Edited by Hearts_fan

What's with all the fans here talking-down the appeal of their own club?

What's so difficult to believe in hearing people want to join in supporting the club.

The negative chat on here is getting really stale.

Smells a bit.

Edited by Hearts_fan

FarmerTweedy
On 25/03/2023 at 11:44, OTT said:

Agree with this, Aberdeen have some kind of fence up, I wonder if we could do similar? (pic in spoiler below)

Hide contents

No photo description available.

The gap between the two sets of fans there is about as big as the gap we have in the school end.