TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )

rickyjambo

Watt-Zeefuik
4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

And there’s a big part of the issue getting some of the side business (the more casual that isn’t contracted to Accor). 22 rooms and no gym and no pool restricts what type of business SRU would be able to send to you. Your not going to get any teams into a hotel that small with all the coaches and medical staff etc, plus they need some on site facilities

Doesn’t matter anyway Hearts hotel will do very VERY well at rugby weekends, at club and international level and we’ll do well out of Murrayfield conference business if we get the sales and marketing networking and relationship building right.

I imagine we looked into it and figured that going all out to accommodate a whole rugby squad wasn't worth the expense for a relatively small number of weekends per year and no weeknights, when as you say we'll probably book up with traveling supporters, media types, and other assorted rugby-related suits on those weekends. 

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Sooks

• Watt-Zeefuik

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Good news , our stadium looking fantastic 

... and it's only going to get better. 😎

Does anyone have any knowledge of the club perhaps looking at the possibility of us extending capacity...These things generally take a good couple of years in planning, never mind funding...I so hope they are with future demand and us trying being closer to the big two and more competitive overall.  We are still a work in progress and you can clearly see that the club is steadily improving on and off the park. With the hotel to open hopefully this year i hope they are exploring every single avenue possible. 

Onwards & upwards......

Just now, Wee Mikey said:

I dream of even better than what we currently have....fantastic stadium regardles

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Absolutely, by end of year we'll have Hotel on 3rd floor of main stand 

Pasquale for King
On 07/03/2023 at 00:28, Hungry hippo said:

I wasn't really meaning from a Hearts perspective but I think it would be quicker for the Main Stand and away end as is prob 50/50 right now 

Probably be quicker walking round through the Gorgie and out the wheatfield 

Pasquale for King

Should we be looking to selling the naming rights to our stands if not the stadium? They must’ve thought of that surely and rejected it for some reason 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?

12 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

Does anyone have any knowledge of the club perhaps looking at the possibility of us extending capacity...These things generally take a good couple of years in planning, never mind funding...I so hope they are with future demand and us trying being closer to the big two and more competitive overall.  We are still a work in progress and you can clearly see that the club is steadily improving on and off the park. With the hotel to open hopefully this year i hope they are exploring every single avenue possible. 

Onwards & upwards......

Literally the only thing you discuss on this website.

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Should we be looking to selling the naming rights to our stands if not the stadium? They must’ve thought of that surely and rejected it for some reason 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?

Hamilton's 'The Spice of Life' stand tickles me.

Maybe we should go for a 'Gorgie Fish Bar Enclosure' ... keep it local.

gorgierulesapply88
28 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Robinson said it wasn't suitable...

He was allowed to continue to visit Tynecastle on any occasion he saw fit, he run the club into the ground.

2 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

He was allowed to continue to visit Tynecastle on any occasion he saw fit, he run the club into the ground.

It wasn't suitable, within our financial poistion at the time. That's why we had to rebuild the main stand ultimately under Budge when our financial position changed.

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Wasn't fit for purpose was the phrase he used 

1 minute ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

His debt to the house is paid now that he has passed away 

He was responsible for a lot of debt but also for at least two of the stands that make up our beautiful stadium . Let us not make this about him . He was enjoying the rights that any former director would be entitled to 

Luckies1874

I think we should look forward on that front. Not really necessary to be having a go at a Hearts man (however flawed) who has passed away. 

1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

I think we should look forward on that front. Not really necessary to be having a go at a Hearts man (however flawed) who has passed away. 

Totally agree onwards and upwards . What went before has gone 

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Hamilton's 'The Spice of Life' stand tickles me.

Maybe we should go for a 'Gorgie Fish Bar Enclosure' ... keep it local.

Diggers Main Stand, maybe something more “Boutique” 😆?!?!

Mark_Mywords

Absolutely fantastic getting the top category award from UEFA for our Stadium.

Meanwhile...

image.thumb.png.67233205df9e6f2025b0d019d0d7f248.png

I don't know what the criteria is regarding the Ground certificate awards here are, but how the hell is Hibs, St Johnstone and St Mirren got Gold status and we only have Silver?  :lol:

Edited by Mark_Mywords

Great news with the category rating. Now that we can host other Uefa events I would like to see us make a push to host the Uefa Super Cup. Stadium certificate allows it, it's big enough capacity wise and Edinburgh would be a great host city.

Outstanding recognition for a lot of hard work by the club.  Onwards and Upwards 

HHGH

🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

• davemclaren changed the title to TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )
3 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Didn't deserve a thread of its own then :kirklol:

NO!!!!!! Know yer place granda!!!

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Luckies1874 said:

I'm being stupid here, what are the other 4 stadiums?

Ibrox, celtic, Hampden and...?

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Murrayfield 

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Great news with the category rating. Now that we can host other Uefa events I would like to see us make a push to host the Uefa Super Cup. Stadium certificate allows it, it's big enough capacity wise and Edinburgh would be a great host city.

A hotel there shortly for all the UEFA debauchery too. 
Great shout 👍🏽👏🏾

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Murrayfield maybe?

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Didn't deserve a thread of its own then :kirklol:

Start one 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Murrayfield.  That got granted the status after hosting our Uefa Cup group stage games. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, sadj said:

NO!!!!!! Know yer place granda!!!

Arite Rodney

20 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

20 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Murrayfield 

Surely Leith San Giro? No?🤣

43 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Oh FFS of course. I read the announcement as 4 grounds in Glasgow :vrface:

Firhill 😂

Edited by Hesh

Watt-Zeefuik
58 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Oh FFS of course. I read the announcement as 4 grounds in Glasgow :vrface:

It was confusingly worded. They said "the only football stadium outside of Glasgow." Which is technically true but seems a bit too fine of a point.

Luckies1874

A lot of unnecessary negativity about ticket uptake for Saturday but to shine a bit of a different light on income from punters attending Tynecastle I had a conversation with the Manager of Hospitality at Tynecastle in the last hour and she and her team are absolutely run off their feet currently. They have absolutely no availability for any game pre split which has been the case for the last few matches, especially 3pm matches. They have both a waiting list for the St Mirren and Ross County games and a waiting list for any/all post split matches. They are currently planning for there to be games v both Celtic and Hibs and ANOther.

This marries up with what those in charge of merchandise have been saying for months now (back to the European away trips). The income stream for ticket sales, hospitality and merchandise will see records set in next years accounts. Never have Hearts seen the numbers that are being spent by our support. 

The new Main Stand and the facilities it offers are going to be so beneficial to the club for years to come not to mention the proposed hotel rooms. It does make you wonder how, in time, we can further develop the ground as there is no doubting the demand for hospitality and corporate space. She said they could easily be filling more seats/tables for these upcoming games and the standard of facility on offer is clearly proving popular at the price points available. 

Edited by Luckies1874

Selkirkhmfc1874
10 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

A lot of unnecessary negativity about ticket uptake for Saturday but to shine a bit of a different light on income from punters attending Tynecastle I had a conversation with the Manager of Hospitality at Tynecastle in the last hour and she and her team are absolutely run off their feet currently. They have absolutely no availability for any game pre split which has been the case for the last few matches, especially 3pm matches. They have both a waiting list for the St Mirren and Ross County games and a waiting list for any/all post split matches. They are currently planning for there to be games v both Celtic and Hibs and ANOther.

This marries up with what those in charge of merchandise have been saying for months now (back to the European away trips). The income stream for ticket sales, hospitality and merchandise will see records set in next years accounts. Never have Hearts seen the numbers that are being spent by our support. 

The new Main Stand and the facilities it offers are going to be so beneficial to the club for years to come not to mention the proposed hotel rooms. It does make you wonder how, in time, we can further develop the ground as there is no doubting the demand for hospitality and corporate space. She said they could easily be filling more seats/tables for these upcoming games and the standard of facility on offer is clearly proving popular at the price points available. 

All positive and long may it continue , great post buddy

Bazzas right boot

Time to put the prices up I reckon. 

Quality and comfort come at a price. 

57 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Pitch size clearly not a problem, dispensation there 👍

Curious about number of TV studios, didn't think two could be housed in that bit at the top but maybe it's bigger than it looks. View of the pitch should not really be needed these days anyway, greenscreens work well.

Great effort by Hearts to get the club top category.