TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )

rickyjambo

Just now, R9. said:

I thought we did I’m pretty sure it was blown away one night match was still attached but the bottom was loose . 

Just stadium maintenance is needed . Vlad done it Main stand roof was painted early on the maroon carpet around the pitch was another.

Dont forget the Hearts badge light on the old main stand

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Sooks

• Watt-Zeefuik

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jamboinglasgow

One thing I think the club should be doing with the council is looking to get signage that directs people from the Murrayfield tram stop to Tynecastle and from Haymarket Tynecastle (also think there should be some reference to Hearts at the Murrayfield tram stop, not just Scottish rugby.

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

One thing I think the club should be doing with the council is looking to get signage that directs people from the Murrayfield tram stop to Tynecastle and from Haymarket Tynecastle (also think there should be some reference to Hearts at the Murrayfield tram stop, not just Scottish rugby.

Did the council not try and shake us down for money because of our proximity to that tram stop

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, R9. said:

I used to a lot when the football was pish, this season I have a glance about and still looks terrible.

Looks terrible? Our stadium has never looked better inside and out

jamboinglasgow
10 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Looks terrible? Our stadium has never looked better inside and out

Yeah, people loving finding new things to moan about, was about halfway through Saturday's match before I noticed the corners and didn't bother me at all. 

9 hours ago, Sarah O said:

LEtS eXpAnD tYnIe!!!1!!1 We FiLl iT eVeRy GaMe!!1!11 BuDje oOoOoOot!!! 

*Checks ticket sales for The Celtic cup game. 

Tynie at the moment is our perfect size. 

Over 3k on a waiting list suggests otherwise.

Selkirkhmfc1874
13 minutes ago, R9. said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if you were against the painting of the steps without numbers. 

I think the insides of the stands do look crap to tell you the truth and it’s been mentioned on here a lot I’m not the only one. 

If they could cover the silver mental inside of the walls with maroon OR the legend pictures they used to have or murals then it would look even better.

And if they done that you'd find something else to mump about ! New stand been built , new pitch been put down , new hospitality suites , old hospitality suite done up aswell as various other stadium improvements!! 

5 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Was hearing that the SRU have made enquiries a with Hearts with regards to the Hotel that they would like to block book all the rooms for their home games at Murrayfield.  I'm guessing they would want Fri-Sun if true that would certainly bring in revenue at a quiet time of the year, Feb/Mar.

Not a chance. The SRU have a long term exclusive contract with Novotel/Accor one if their main sponsors. 

In any case the hotel will be at capacity at top rates for all future rugby weekends given its proximity to the stadium.

Selkirkhmfc1874
9 minutes ago, R9. said:

Would I really I don’t think so mate? 

just another classic response 

“someone” will find anything to moan about bla bla bla 

get a grip man 

It's you that needs to get a grip buddy ! There's been £25 million plus spent on the  stadium since Mrs Budge took over , when she took over we had an old wooden stand falling to pieces , wheatfield a building site underneath etc etc 

21 minutes ago, R9. said:

Would I really I don’t think so mate? 

just another classic response 

“someone” will find anything to moan about bla bla bla 

get a grip man 

Your gripe about the painting of the sides is just your opinion. 

Not everyone agrees with you on that. 

8 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Can only imagine that's to give the ref a bit space when he goes over to var screen

A retractable tunnel would sort that.

Leeds-United-Tunnel-by-Stuart-Canvas-1-1

FarmerTweedy
9 hours ago, Serge said:

Screenshot_20230306_003549_Gallery.jpg

This is a strange one to me. Some of the best seats in the house that are roped off there. They used to have a low level TV camera on a platform there before the tunnel was built but I cant recall it being used for a while.

I'm guessing there's got to be no fans within a certain distance of the VAR screen and those seats are within the limit.

We should have the VAR screen ascend from the centre a circle on a wee plinth . Smoke machine and a red neon light . Switch off the flood lights and play an atmospheric tune 

Would like to see some of our FOH contributions diverted into a Stadium spruce up.

New seats , better segregation facility and a generic tidy up of the 3 older stands.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

We should have the VAR screen ascend from the centre a circle on a wee plinth . Smoke machine and a red neon light . Switch off the flood lights and play an atmospheric tune 

13 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Would like to see some of our FOH contributions diverted into a Stadium spruce up.

New seats , better segregation facility and a generic tidy up of the 3 older stands.

I reckon you will see a lot of improvements like these should we get Europe again. At the moment, it’s money we don’t have to spend. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, R9. said:

But fans are alright to complain about the wooding panels erected for new sponsors. I think the insides of the stands look tacky and have done since the 90s the two tv would look much better on a maroon backing.

The insides of the 3 other stands need a good refurb to toilets and kiosk areas the roseburn stand at the back needs a right good jet wash. I’m not the only one who has mentioned this on here. 

What happened to football supporters only interested in the football on the pitch ? Have you done the stadium tour ? If not I suggest you do and see all the stadium improvements with your own eyes 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, R9. said:

I did actually a 121 with Gary back in November. It was great never had to book a tour with the general public and end up in a tour group with yourself who isn’t bothered about anything except the 3pm match on a Saturday

3pm on a Saturday is what it's all about ! A Hearts winning team on the park makes me happy 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Aye, or it pops out from a hole in tbe ground.

Right in the centre spot.

Flood lights off and spot lights stay on the ref.

Forget that, what you said.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Selkirkhmfc1874

New Main Stand fitted out with top of the range hospitality suites , skyline restaurant, club shop and fans bar.

New pitch aswell as New undersoll heating system.

Club museum.

Memorial garden.

Finally doing something with the years as a building site underneath the wheatfield stand.

New floodlights.

New fit out in the Gorgie suite.

Big screens.

All this aswell as various other stadium improvements since Mrs Budge took over, our stadium has never looked better.

Fxxx the SPFL
4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Not a chance. The SRU have a long term exclusive contract with Novotel/Accor one if their main sponsors. 

In any case the hotel will be at capacity at top rates for all future rugby weekends given its proximity to the stadium.

You could well be correct only passing on what I heard

jamboinglasgow
4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

It could be that Novotel/Accor get first bookings and capacity means that they need other hotels.

Pasquale for King
12 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Can only imagine that's to give the ref a bit space when he goes over to var screen

Definitely, can you imagine any other club losing money to do that? Get a retractable screen for the rare occasion they go over and sell these seats to some of those on the waiting list. 

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

New Main Stand fitted out with top of the range hospitality suites , skyline restaurant, club shop and fans bar.

New pitch aswell as New undersoll heating system.

Club museum.

Memorial garden.

Finally doing something with the years as a building site underneath the wheatfield stand.

New floodlights.

New fit out in the Gorgie suite.

Big screens.

All this aswell as various other stadium improvements since Mrs Budge took over, our stadium has never looked better.

Even better when the main stand is finished. 

5 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Over 3k on a waiting list suggests otherwise.

Where will they be on Saturday?

7 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Where will they be on Saturday?

No idea but it has no relevance to our stadium being unable to meet the demand for season tickets.

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

It could be that Novotel/Accor get first bookings and capacity means that they need other hotels.

😂 there’s at least 600 Accor rooms in the city.

I imagine they will form some kind of alliance or relationship with Murrayfield events, which is a separate entity from the SRU. All Scottish rugby teams stay at Accor properties, mainly the Novotel in Lauriston place.Have done for years. 

Peakybunnet
7 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Coming from Dundee to every home game I mainly get a bus or train to Haymarket.Sometimes as I visit family in and around Edinburgh I get the tram from the Gyle to Murrayfield. It’s a fair trek to the stadium.I often prefer the walk up Dalry as at least you have pubs, cafes etc. 

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

Did the council not try and shake us down for money because of our proximity to that tram stop

We were asked to contribute but we wanted a tunnel and walkway from the stop to Russell Road down the bottom of the school grounds which would have been quite easy but they wouldn’t agree.

davemclaren
18 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We were asked to contribute but we wanted a tunnel and walkway from the stop to Russell Road down the bottom of the school grounds which would have been quite easy but they wouldn’t agree.

A tunnel under the west approach road?

It does feel a missed opportunity that there wasn’t a stop explored or a more direct route for between murrayfield and haymarket 

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

It does feel a missed opportunity that there wasn’t a stop explored or a more direct route for between murrayfield and haymarket 

There is a stop. It's just that there's a whole load of roads, railway and factories in the way.  

FYI …. assuming walking ..

Murrayfield tram stop to Tynecastle is a shorter walk than Haymarket tram stop to Tynecastle!!

And FWIW Tynecastle is equidistant from both Balgreen & Haymarket tram stops!

Hungry hippo

I'd love that Russell Road industrial estate to be opened up and made into some decent housing with a walk through towards the tram stop.

Would need the buy-in of a lot of different parties but possible long term (esp as doesn't seem a great location for the businesses) and would transform the area.

Council are already working on extending the old railway path on the other side of the road so it goes to the back of the Dalry Lidl.

5 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

I'd love that Russell Road industrial estate to be opened up and made into some decent housing with a walk through towards the tram stop.

Would need the buy-in of a lot of different parties but possible long term (esp as doesn't seem a great location for the businesses) and would transform the area.

Council are already working on extending the old railway path on the other side of the road so it goes to the back of the Dalry Lidl.

Would that be any quicker than going along Westfield Road and then cutting through to Wheatfield Place?

Hungry hippo
27 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Would that be any quicker than going along Westfield Road and then cutting through to Wheatfield Place?

I wasn't really meaning from a Hearts perspective but I think it would be quicker for the Main Stand and away end as is prob 50/50 right now 

9 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

No idea but it has no relevance to our stadium being unable to meet the demand for season tickets.

Our stadium does meet demands. 

We give too many tickets to away fans.

Selkirkhmfc1874
7 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Our stadium does meet demands. 

We give too many tickets to away fans.

From next season it's being cut again and more season tickets going to be on offer to Hearts Supporters from the waiting list ! 

20 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

From next season it's being cut again and more season tickets going to be on offer to Hearts Supporters from the waiting list ! 

Has that been officially confirmed? If so that's good news. 

Now we need to concentrate on selling out *every* game. 

A waiting list number won't necessarily convert to actual sales. If people were that keen, the cup game would have been sold out by now. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
30 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Has that been officially confirmed? If so that's good news. 

Now we need to concentrate on selling out *every* game. 

A waiting list number won't necessarily convert to actual sales. If people were that keen, the cup game would have been sold out by now. 

Not officially confirmed but trust me on this one 

7 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

I wasn't really meaning from a Hearts perspective but I think it would be quicker for the Main Stand and away end as is prob 50/50 right now 

40/60 is more probable. Anyway current segregation whilst not great works ok, make them walk the distance and burn up energy!

41 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Not officially confirmed but trust me on this one 

Source; trust me. 

Thunder and Lightning
4 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Source; trust me. 

Well, that's me convinced. 😂 

2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Good news, especially if it relates to the ugly sisters. Did your source have any update on potentially reducing the huge segregation space?

12 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

😂 there’s at least 600 Accor rooms in the city.

I imagine they will form some kind of alliance or relationship with Murrayfield events, which is a separate entity from the SRU. All Scottish rugby teams stay at Accor properties, mainly the Novotel in Lauriston place.Have done for years. 

I'm not saying they don't use Accor but it's not exclusive as I go to the gym at the Murrayfield Holiday Inn and it quite often has Scottish rugby teams staying at it. Not the main team, but the women's teams and youth teams certainly. Quite often the gym ends up booked out etc and you also see them in the pool/restaurant areas. Maybe it's a similar sort of thing we are earmarked for with younger teams, though wouldn't make too much sense without the facilities on site.

2 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I'm not saying they don't use Accor but it's not exclusive as I go to the gym at the Murrayfield Holiday Inn and it quite often has Scottish rugby teams staying at it. Not the main team, but the women's teams and youth teams certainly. Quite often the gym ends up booked out etc and you also see them in the pool/restaurant areas. Maybe it's a similar sort of thing we are earmarked for with younger teams, though wouldn't make too much sense without the facilities on site.

And there’s a big part of the issue getting some of the side business (the more casual that isn’t contracted to Accor). 22 rooms and no gym and no pool restricts what type of business SRU would be able to send to you. Your not going to get any teams into a hotel that small with all the coaches and medical staff etc, plus they need some on site facilities

Doesn’t matter anyway Hearts hotel will do very VERY well at rugby weekends, at club and international level and we’ll do well out of Murrayfield conference business if we get the sales and marketing networking and relationship building right.

• davemclaren changed the title to TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )