** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
19 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Sneaky suspicion is that rangers didn't actually want Souttar that much they just wanted to weaken us. Their plan failed when they found out we're not the same club we used to be and won't sell players for peanuts because we've been so honoured to be graced by their magnificent presence.

As much as I hate septic I hope rangers get a huge sense of regret later in the season of not paying what they should have whilst spending an obscene amount on a loan player.

Yes, I'm hoping for a defensive howler from Rangers tomorrow night.  And for somehow both of the uglies to loose!

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Have we ever had two better windows in a row?  When did windows start is where to start I guess!!!

Even in VR days, the Jan one actually only rocked the boat.

And we don't yet have hindsight here obviously, but my feeling is 3 starters in, 2 fringe players out with our most important players signed back up and also told Rangers to ram it.  Not sure that's beatable really!

42 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I'm happy with the business done during this window.

We are in a good position in the league and there's no reason for us to push the boat out in January when we don't need to.

Better to wait until the summer.

The squad is stronger than it was on 31st December ... so yes another very good window

Great window for us.  We have the contract extensions sorted out (apart from Haring) so we already have the nucleus of next seasons team.  It means we can concentrate on a couple of quality signings in summer to kick the team on.  

8 hours ago, Barack said:

You just said earlier, surely we should bin him, then you'd rather have one's that play and fight for the club.

Then you're quoting Chuck about getting behind him & supporting him.

Which is it? I'm sensing conflicting views there, Andrew.

You do what you like, ultimately. As is your right. Just thought it was a bit strange not wanting him to play, through hesitancy about his commitment to us. Then want to support him, was all.

Correct. I said I'd rather keep him on the bench as cover then said absolutely we should all get behind the team if he plays. Not him individually.

Nothing conflicting about that.

Happy with our business, we are starting to run like a pro football club again, Thanks to Joe and his backroom staff for putting us in a great place, I believe we are building towards a team that could potentially challenge the OF in a couple of seasons time, getting the guaranteed europa conference groups bags us around 3/4 million + potentially more for winning games if we can achieve that and then reinvest that into our playing squad we will be able to put clear daylight between ourselves and the rest of the league,that would give us a great platform to build upon next season.

Atkinson, Simms & Sibbick in. Souttar stays with the middle digit firmly waved in sevco's face... H1b5 fans foaming at the mouth at Ron & co, turning on their hobbit manager within 5 mins of him arriving. Couldn't have asked for a better window.

:pleasing:

Brilliant business from Hearts this window, at the end of summer u felt like we needed an attacking wing back and a forward, did that plus brought in a very good centre back who has pace and ability.

We got 4 of the backline sorted out on new contracts to five us stability going forwards.

We also kept a hold of souttar, pissed off Sevco and have started February 10 points clear in 3rd and with a decent tie in the cup...

If we beat Hibs tonight and Motherwell and Aberdeen drop points then the race for 3rd is over 

Very happy with our business, no need to go crazy in Jan when you’re already in a strong position & the 3 we’ve added all represent genuine quality.

The only real negative this window has been the Souttar to Rangers saga & I’m finding myself really wanting the green cheek to twat them tomorrow night after a couple of defensive howlers. 

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I feel like every team below us is now weaker after this window, while we have strengthened significantly for this and next season. Celtic and Rangers haven't really significantly strengthened as Celtic still have lots of injuries, Rangers defence is still weak and Ramsey is just a sideshow signing that will cost them a lot of money for likely relatively  little return.

Rangers have brought in Ramsey and the guy from Utd along with Sands. 

Celtic brought in O' reilly and the Japanese two. 

They have strengthed quite significantly Tbh. 

The rest I agree with, 3rd really is there for the taking now along with the rewards it will Likley bring. 

On 08/12/2021 at 14:44, DC_92 said:

I'm expecting the usual January window in which people panic about the perceived lack of activity for the first 2/3 weeks and then hail it as our best window in x years when we sign a couple of players in the last week. Happens every single year.:lol:

Things seem more professional now so hopefully we've got one or two things lined up early in the window. Most potential players will be under contract, though, and often clubs don't let them go until they've got a replacement lined up, hence the deluge of activity that happens at the end of the month.

^^^ITK.

bobby bombscare

There is always the chance that we sign another free agent post-window like we did mackay. But in terms of the january transfer window, I think we have done some excellent business. 

Defensively, we now have Sibbick as backup in the back 3, and Atkinson in at right back. Sibbick looked assured when he came on and will be a great asset for us moving forward. Atkinson has also looked good. He will need to learn the game here and will probably be expected to improve some as time goes on but he gets himself forward plenty and almost allows us to not be able to play wingers. Hopefully we can utilise Cochran the same way. 

The midfield is looking good and I think Harring, Beni, Devlin and McEneff make up the strongest midfield outside the OF. Mackay and GMS also both seemed to play in some sort of 10 role behind 2 forwards over the last few games and I think that gives us a nice little formation change we can use to our advantage. 
Up front, we brought in Simms and I think he will facilitate us in being able to play that different formation and will also provide challenge/backup to Boyce. He also looks a decent player who should net his fair share of goals for us. 

All in, a good window and we haven't went crazy with signings. What we have done though, is strengthened key areas. This will hopefully leave room in the squad to bring in better players in the summer window, with the guarantee of European football next season. Things are looking good right now i have to say! Here is hoping the improvements keep coming! 

Best “window” we have had for a while. Like the look of our squad. Totally delighted that we chased Sevco off with their usual pathetic bids. Now looking forward to the rest of the season with some real optimism.  

Very happy with the work done this window by Savage and the team. And in the work done over the last year. 

Squad looks great just now with no real passengers or wage thefts. Everyone can come in do job when called. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

January is a shit window. Its gap filling and usually not with structure, but panic. We have avoided the nonsense it can bring, and even managed to add 2 long term assets, whilst existing assets either drift off towards retirement or the Weegie pound. We've unloaded 2 unhappy players and found a first class solution to our striking gap whilst we prepare for a structured window in the summer that I am sure will be focused on our attacking options once again.

Upgrades on current wingers, numbers 9 and 10 reinforcement, back up goalkeeper and defender, possible extensions to key men, Haring and McKay, look to make at least one of the loans permanent.

All is in order, meanwhile everywhere else, total confusion to policy, failed loans, failed replacements, chasing us, flagging badly.

The turnaround in fortunes since Levein left, it took a while, but the lady said she would sort out the football department.

She duly delivered.

19 hours ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

The disrespect some of our youth players get on here is pretty pathetic 

So giving my opinion on a footballer from our academy's ability is pathetic? Can no academy player ever be criticised? 

5 hours ago, Bozi said:

Brilliant business from Hearts this window, at the end of summer u felt like we needed an attacking wing back and a forward, did that plus brought in a very good centre back who has pace and ability.

We got 4 of the backline sorted out on new contracts to five us stability going forwards.

We also kept a hold of souttar, pissed off Sevco and have started February 10 points clear in 3rd and with a decent tie in the cup...

If we beat Hibs tonight and Motherwell and Aberdeen drop points then the race for 3rd is over 

Nearly over - we have a few tough away games coming up.

3 hours ago, bobby bombscare said:

There is always the chance that we sign another free agent post-window like we did mackay. But in terms of the january transfer window, I think we have done some excellent business. 

Defensively, we now have Sibbick as backup in the back 3, and Atkinson in at right back. Sibbick looked assured when he came on and will be a great asset for us moving forward. Atkinson has also looked good. He will need to learn the game here and will probably be expected to improve some as time goes on but he gets himself forward plenty and almost allows us to not be able to play wingers. Hopefully we can utilise Cochran the same way. 

The midfield is looking good and I think Harring, Beni, Devlin and McEneff make up the strongest midfield outside the OF. Mackay and GMS also both seemed to play in some sort of 10 role behind 2 forwards over the last few games and I think that gives us a nice little formation change we can use to our advantage. 
Up front, we brought in Simms and I think he will facilitate us in being able to play that different formation and will also provide challenge/backup to Boyce. He also looks a decent player who should net his fair share of goals for us. 

All in, a good window and we haven't went crazy with signings. What we have done though, is strengthened key areas. This will hopefully leave room in the squad to bring in better players in the summer window, with the guarantee of European football next season. Things are looking good right now i have to say! Here is hoping the improvements keep coming! 

Note you say Sibbick as backup.  Not how I'd see it, personally.  But what is interesting at the moment with our defence is it's very hard to tell the plan what with Halks injured.  That's left us guessing a bit.

If Souttar plays in the middle and Sibbick RCB, will Souttar simply drop out when Halks is back, or does Sibbick drop to the bench to let Souttar back to RCB?  I'd suggest the former and we build for next season as it'd mean our back 3 (and one of our WBs) being in place already.

Moore seems very much the backup and I think we'll see Smithy used more as cover now too.

6 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

We will be working on pre contracts now.

Do pre-contracts  have to be done within  a transfer window, or can they be done anytime ?         Just wondering if there's any news about Charles-Cook after the chat on here that Hibs or us would be interested in him.

Edited by Lone Striker

2 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Do pre-contracts  have to be done within  a transfer window, or can they be done anytime ?         Just wondering if there's any news about Charles-Cook after the chat on here that Hibs or us would be interested in him.

anytime when they enter last 6 months of contract 

12 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Not sure how you come to that conclusion. After the away game v Sevco our next 3 games are Dundee (H) StJ (A) and STM (A) all of whom are in the bottom 4 in the league. They are all games we should be looking to win and on this season's form we should be winning them

15 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Yes.   Too soon to predict 3rd being in the bag.   These away games will be a good indicator of how this squad deal with not having 15k Hearts fans to play in front of.     Given some good away wins so far (albeit with poor displays at Motherwell & Aberdeen), I'd be quietly confident we'll pick up a decent number of wins  away from home before the split.

3 minutes ago, Musemic said:

Not sure how you come to that conclusion. After the away game v Sevco our next 3 games are Dundee (H) StJ (A) and STM (A) all of whom are in the bottom 4 in the league. They are all games we should be looking to win and on this season's form we should be winning them

Those tend to be the games that worry me the most honestly

16 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Motherwell have Celtic therangers and Aberdeen in their next 6

Hibs have us,therangers and Celtic in their next 6

Aberdeen have Celtic and us at Tynecastle in their next 6

We obviously have Hibs tonight send Ibrox at the weekend but have a few less taxing fixtures after that. I honestly think that if we win tonight and Motherwell drop points away to St Mirren and Aberdeen drop points away to Ross County we are pretty much certain for 3rd

4 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Motherwell have Celtic therangers and Aberdeen in their next 6

Hibs have us,therangers and Celtic in their next 6

Aberdeen have Celtic and us at Tynecastle in their next 6

We obviously have Hibs tonight send Ibrox at the weekend but have a few less taxing fixtures after that. I honestly think that if we win tonight and Motherwell drop points away to St Mirren and Aberdeen drop points away to Ross County we are pretty much certain for 3rd

We'd need to drop off a cliff to lose 3rd imo.  The others simply don't look like putting a run together.  I don't see any of them getting above mid-50s points.

I'd be disappointed (and surprised) if we don't get high 60s.

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

We'd need to drop off a cliff to lose 3rd imo.  The others simply don't look like putting a run together.  I don't see any of them getting above mid-50s points.

Yup that's why tonight could be a big night, need a proper Derby performance 

1 minute ago, Bozi said:

Yup that's why tonight could be a big night, need a proper Derby performance 

I know.

Any sensible person has us as favourite and I really expect us to turn up too.  I think we'll have the boys fired up big style.  Hope they've had Lockie in about them and everything!!

BUUUUT I just always have the wee niggle no to get carried away.  We could hit the post 20 times or lose an early freak goal or have someone wrongly sent off, all that shit.  If a game of football and certainly a fight to win the right play that game of football breaks out, we win.  If it's a freak game, they get a glimmer.

This team we have now will keep working away though.  Whether a game isn't going their way and they need to dig deep or if we have a bad week and need to come back stronger, they seem to have a great mentality.  Hibs don't.

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I know.

Any sensible person has us as favourite and I really expect us to turn up too.  I think we'll have the boys fired up big style.  Hope they've had Lockie in about them and everything!!

BUUUUT I just always have the wee niggle no to get carried away.  We could hit the post 20 times or lose an early freak goal or have someone wrongly sent off, all that shit.  If a game of football and certainly a fight to win the right play that game of football breaks out, we win.  If it's a freak game, they get a glimmer.

This team we have now will keep working away though.  Whether a game isn't going their way and they need to dig deep or if we have a bad week and need to come back stronger, they seem to have a great mentality.  Hibs don't.

Hibs fan I know says they just set up in a fairly naive and amateur way at the weekend. Committing too many men too far up the park. If they leave themselves open like that against us they’ll get hammered. Trying to keep my expectation levels low but it’s not easy. 

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Hibs fan I know says they just set up in a fairly naive and amateur way at the weekend. Committing too many men too far up the park. If they leave themselves open like that against us they’ll get hammered. Trying to keep my expectation levels low but it’s not easy. 

Halks is a big miss for us and my only worry in that Hibs team is Doidge cos he's physical.  If they managed to get Cadden to get a cross or two in, that's the only concern imo.

As you say, give us any space, you're in trouble.  Bazza, Simms and Boyce will tear you apart.  I'll be watching for Doig getting targeted defensively, both the gaps he leaves for Natty to run into, or for backpost crosses for Boyce or Simms to pull on to him

Lord Beni of Gorgie

3rd is in the bag. The competition, if you can call it that, show no signs of improvement, and they all have, guess what, tough games coming up. They all have OF 4 times, us 3, 2 still have to come to Tynecastle. 

My concern now turns to the Scottish Cup

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Halks is a big miss for us and my only worry in that Hibs team is Doidge cos he's physical.  If they managed to get Cadden to get a cross or two in, that's the only concern imo.

As you say, give us any space, you're in trouble.  Bazza, Simms and Boyce will tear you apart.  I'll be watching for Doig getting targeted defensively, both the gaps he leaves for Natty to run into, or for backpost crosses for Boyce or Simms to pull on to him

Halkett has been great for us this season. Hopefully not miss him too much. Doig is terrible and hoping Cadden has enough to do defensively that he doesn’t trouble us too much. Play it like a home game and get on top of them early and they’ll crack. We’re a better team so hopefully the guys rise to the occasion and show it. Nice big pitch for Barry McKay to shine. 

4 hours ago, TheBigO said:

I'd love to see us get in the mid-70s. Not just a great achievement for us but at the very least make one of the OF nervous if they hit a bad patch.

12 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

I was in Peebles and heard a rumour that JFK has been shot!

Must've been difficult to get a replacement in for him so late in the window! 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

How about Bruce Anderson from Livingston?!

You've taken your " any player is better than no player" philosophy too far.