• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

Nah Kingsley and Halkett both better defenders backed up by the stats for the last year.

Head will be elsewhere. I'd rather play the ones that want to stay and fight for the club.

He was very good against St Johnstone and our best player against Celtic. Not only is he our best defender, but he’s probably the best centre back in Scotland. As long as he continues to show commitment, he can help us achieve our goal.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

So when they say it’s a loan deal, do they actually mean Rangers are looking for a loan from Ramsay!?!

Hahahahaha probably 😆

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

He was very good against St Johnstone and our best player against Celtic. Not only is he our best defender, but he’s probably the best centre back in Scotland. As long as he continues to show commitment, he can help us achieve our goal.

Yeah absolutely, we're in the middle of a jam packed schedule of important games, imperative we get the best team on the field to win the points. 

By the same logic as many folk on here have, we shouldn't be playing Simms or Woodburn as in 6 months time their contact with us will no longer exist!

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

So will Henderson go back to Alloa?

Got a few weeks left for loans so there’s time. But I imagine it will depend if he’s on the bench in the coming weeks.

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

So will Henderson go back to Alloa?

I would keep him. Only got 3 actual strikers including him. And 5 subs rule means he might get more game time off the bench. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

Good read that, cheers. 

I'm thinking the Norwegian would be an interesting investment.    Oh yeah, Sibbick ☺ 👍. Didn't see his stats. 

It gives a good insight into what we have and what they would look for to replace Souttar.

I think Sibbick ticks those boxes..

Souttar staying is a bit of a surprise, but he plays when available now he has.  As soon as we've got 3rd wrapped up and we're out the cup, get him dropped and bring Sibbick in beside Kingsley and Halkett.

Overall, we're stronger than we were and we've got the majority of next season's team tied down.  Very happy with what we've done

airdriejambo3

I'm looking at the Souttar situation as a situation where you have been given 4 months notice that your getting the boot from your job but you have the company car for those 4 months, lets test those shock absorbers that we had repaired and use it like a boyracer would use their wee XR2i's in the 90's.

13 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Surprised at the Huns tbh. Their defence seems to be falling apart. You'd think they'd identify that as the area they need to improve.

With that shower its all about bullying and sense of entitlement

JS will have time to reflect on his decision, fair enough, looks committed to the cause so far and happy with that

Great to tell the filth to bolt though

Well so far !!!!

If Souttar is still a Hearts player then let's get everything out of him that we can. 

He's on the payroll, it's our dough he's earning, so let's get our money's worth between now and May.

Whatever's left the blue nosed zombie can have in the summer.

3 minutes ago, HMFC_France said:

Would be happy to see Snodgrass signing 

Yep, even on a short deal.  Gives McKay good competition in that AM role. 

Guest ToqueJambo
20 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Nah Kingsley and Halkett both better defenders backed up by the stats for the last year.

Head will be elsewhere. I'd rather play the ones that want to stay and fight for the club.

Halkett and to a lesser extent Kingsley have vastly improved while playing alongside Souttar. The whole team has in fact. You can pinpoint the moment things turned around to when he came back last season. Let's not pretend he hasn't been a major part of where we are this season and he'll want to keep up his standards to retain his Scotland place and keep himself in Rangers first team plans for next season, let alone to make sure he doesn't let his mates at Hearts down.

Yes, it's annoying he's away for nothing to a rival and the way it all happened but we've delivered a big FU to Rangers which is always nice, and they might regret not boosting their defence by getting him in January.

17 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Yep. I've no issues or concerns with his commitment over the next few months. Delighted we have him still. If third place wasn't a stick on before today then I would say keeping JS means we are not far from hitting that goal.

He has a Rangers first XI to play himself into. 

millerjames398
15 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Souttar to score the winner at Ibrox on Sunday.

Hopefully the rangers players are to scared to go near him,  incase they injure him,, he should be able to stride, right through the middle of them😂🇱🇻 

Just now, R1874 said:

Once Halkett is fit (and presuming 3rd is secured) more than happy to see Souttar benched for Sibbick

Agreed, Souttar and Sibbick right now but when Halkett is back it has to be Souttar that gets benched.

Pleased to keep Souttar on balance, Sow going in the window in 2016 upset our season and the incentive of playing in the World Cup for Scotland is enough to keep him honest I think. Deal with the vermin tomorrow and a long Cup run please Hearts.

Edited by Jodami

Captain Canada
15 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

I would keep him. Only got 3 actual strikers including him. And 5 subs rule means he might get more game time off the bench. 

I agree. He's got a bit of top flight experience and should be more confident now after his spell at Alloa. 

I know we could use Gino and Woodburn centrally if we had to but I think Henderson still has something to offer us. 

22 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Not for me. Still our best defender so we play him. The only doubt for me is do we play him against Rangers. I don’t think we should

Also, any sign whatsoever that he is dropping off and we keep him away entirely.

I know that the circumstances are different but seem to remember Danny Wilson being a stick-on for a move to The Rangers when we played him v them in the final Championship game at Tynie. He didn't shirk it, and was getting full-blown abuse from the away support as in, "Danny Wilson, yer a wan*er, yer a wan*er."

Off he went to play for them. I wouldn't have!

If Souttar is as much of a pro, then why not? Ach, we'll just have to wait and see. I'm sure that Robbie & Co are best placed to make that decision.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Once Halkett is fit (and presuming 3rd is secured) more than happy to see Souttar benched for Sibbick

The other good thing about Souttar staying is Halkett, Moore and Sibbick (the latter two in particular) will still need to work their bollocks off to get in or stay in the team.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 minute ago, R1874 said:

With any luck we'll have a cup final to worry about and that will mean playing our best players/keeping them happy right up until we lift the cup, though if we don't make it to the final it would be good team planning to use the players expecting to be around when we start our European campaign once third place is secured.

35 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Is that Barry who said earlier that Rangers would come in late to stop us signing a replacement ?

They did come in late.

6 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Pleased to keep Souttar on balance, Sow going in the window in 2016 upset our season and the incentive of playing in the World Cup for Scotland is enough to keep him honest I think. Deal with the vermin tomorrow and a long Cup run please Hearts.

Sow going cost us the cup game that season 

Guest ToqueJambo
22 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

McGrath has signed for Wigan.

I feel like every team below us is now weaker after this window, while we have strengthened significantly for this and next season. Celtic and Rangers haven't really significantly strengthened as Celtic still have lots of injuries, Rangers defence is still weak and Ramsey is just a sideshow signing that will cost them a lot of money for likely relatively  little return.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

With any luck we'll have a cup final to worry about and that will mean playing our best players/keeping them happy right up until we lift the cup, though if we don't make it to the final it would be good team planning to use the players expecting to be around when we start our European campaign once third place is secured.

Be funny if Souttar joins Rangers to win medals and his first medal after signing for them is for us. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Be funny if Souttar joins Rangers to win medals and his first medal after signing for them is for us. 

Would be brilliant rather than funny, but yeh, would be a great laugh. Truth is, he still has a great chance to leave Hearts as a hero, starting tomorrow night:HeartsManspotrun:

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

Sow going cost us the cup game that season 

I’m sure RN remembers it well, but I doubt if it was his decision right enough. 

jamboinglasgow

While it has been a quiet deadline day, its nice that its one that we didn't have to recruit.

Its been a great transfer window, we have left it stronger than when we started, unlike our rivals for third. We have a settled squad with strength through out. We have tied down key players who would have been out of contract at the end of the year, and now our recruitment team can plan for the summer without making a huge number of signings.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I think we got the balance right, quality where it was needed and keeping the team spirit we have been building intact by not bringing in a cast of thousands just for the sake of it. Just look at hibs!

Actually wouldn’t have any issue playing Souttar v Sevco. He’ll have plenty of incentive to perform. He wants their manager to see him as a first pick next season. He’ll have a point to prove to them for not putting up the cash during the window. And he’ll probably want to get the fans off his back.

It isn’t likely that any points we might take off them would make the difference in the title race. His only reason not to perform would be the risk of injury - which is more of a long term issue, and his recent games haven’t suggested his attitude is off.

InternationalJambo

A quiet deadline is far better than a busy deadline guys n lassies👍

Different set up to what we are all used to & it’ll take time to familiarise ourselves with it but it’s professional. Look at Hibs scrambling about last minute. That’s not us anymore. 

The general increase in the level of athleticism has been massive. Often in Scotland where ability levels are not elite, the team with the better athletes does better.

We have stamina, strength and pace in many positions now.

2 hours ago, AndyNic said:

Your rationale?  Certainly shown no sign of that as of now. We will find out more if he dresses against Sevco next week

3 hours ago, cosanostra said:

The general increase in the level of athleticism has been massive. Often in Scotland where ability levels are not elite, the team with the better athletes does better.

We have stamina, strength and pace in many positions now.

And these guys also have ability.

Exciting times.

8 hours ago, Cruyff said:
9 hours ago, wallace_mercer said:

I was in Peebles and I heard a rumour that we are talking to Bournemouth about IBSEN Rossi who is a 21 defender born in south west London 

I was in Peebles and heard a rumour that JFK has been shot!

I'm happy with the business done during this window.

We are in a good position in the league and there's no reason for us to push the boat out in January when we don't need to.

Better to wait until the summer.

7 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I feel like every team below us is now weaker after this window, while we have strengthened significantly for this and next season. Celtic and Rangers haven't really significantly strengthened as Celtic still have lots of injuries, Rangers defence is still weak and Ramsey is just a sideshow signing that will cost them a lot of money for likely relatively  little return.

Sneaky suspicion is that rangers didn't actually want Souttar that much they just wanted to weaken us. Their plan failed when they found out we're not the same club we used to be and won't sell players for peanuts because we've been so honoured to be graced by their magnificent presence.

As much as I hate septic I hope rangers get a huge sense of regret later in the season of not paying what they should have whilst spending an obscene amount on a loan player.

The Treasurer
12 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Sneaky suspicion is that rangers didn't actually want Souttar that much they just wanted to weaken us. Their plan failed when they found out we're not the same club we used to be and won't sell players for peanuts because we've been so honoured to be graced by their magnificent presence.

As much as I hate septic I hope rangers get a huge sense of regret later in the season of not paying what they should have whilst spending an obscene amount on a loan player.

I don't think they were thinking about weakening us as they don't see us as any sort of threat.

It was more their arrogance that they just expect everyone else to roll over when they click their fingers.