** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

No one knows anything about signings until they are signed. Savage has stopped all leaks until the deal is pretty much signed. I would take all itk shouts with a pinch of salt

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Looking at his (Huage) stats he is a total nobody with nothing in his CV that would make you even remotely interested in him……….. there’s a potential jinx post if ever there was one 

His brother plays for Milan, the only thing of note I could find.

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Nothing happening this late chaps .

Hopefully Souttar knuckles down starting tomorrow.  

Well, I might have said differently a week or two ago, but I’m actually quite pleased with how it panned out (can’t see anything happening now as we would have no time to get a replacement).

Sevco wanted to put us in our place with the PCA for Souttar. Now we’ve done the same by telling them where to stick their lowball offer. After all the times they’ve pulled it and it worked as we were skint, I love that we can give them the finger now. 3rd is very important this season and Souttar can still be a big part of getting us there.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

As a fan base we wanted a RWB and a new striker.

We got both and they seem high quality.

We also got Sibbick who will be a hugely shrewd acquisition and I think was always actually going to be Souttar’s ultimate replacement but we just played the game.

It looks like we’ve kept Souttar for the season in any event.

We signed the rest of our defence up long term.

For a January window I am not sure it could have been much better.

Under the floodlight
7 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

His brother plays for Milan, the only thing of note I could find.

Does he play for either of the big two or Milan Thistle?

Our recruitment team has obviously been working extremely hard this window, if the club feel that we're still lacking in any area I can guarantee they'll still be working away. Still time left and no 'that's all' announcement.

5 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

We also got Sibbick who will be a hugely shrewd acquisition and I think was always actually going to be Souttar’s ultimate replacement but we just played the game.

This

Just now, Sertse said:

Our recruitment team has obviously been working extremely hard this window, if the club feel that we're still lacking in any area I can guarantee they'll still be working away. Still time left and no 'that's all' announcement.

Robbie said ‘that’s all‘ several hours ago

Tynecastle Valhalla
6 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Agreed

6 minutes ago, Under the floodlight said:

Does he play for either of the big two or Milan Thistle?

Plays for E. Frankfurt on loan from AC Milan

1 minute ago, WDJ87 said:

Plays for E. Frankfurt on loan from AC Milan

To be fair didnt Paul Pogba’s brother play for St Mirren or Partick or someone? 

Just now, sadj said:

To be fair didnt Paul Pogba’s brother play for St Mirren or Partick or someone? 

Lol true (Partick) , I'm not saying he's good just because his brother is on the books at Milan 😇

Signed for h1b5 so he's obviously pish 😏

15 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Agree with this

But that won't stop me from wanting MOAR signings!!!!

RCC on a PCA will do me 😃 

1 hour ago, bazman said:

It was frustrating that Goncalves got that injury in the semi as he didn't play much after that I don't think

He was terrific in the first half of that game. 

Awesome the way he rampaged up and down the left, running Hibs ragged.

Did a turn when he came back to us after his loan, too.

Shame we never truly had the player he was/could have been.

27 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

We've strengthened the two areas that needed strengthening 

We recruited for a postion where we might lose one of our strongest players, then kept that player 

We moved on some guys who were contributing very little

Good window

Lot of work to do ahead of the summer but confident in the team to deliver again

It's been great that Hearts told Sevco the price for Soutar and stuck to it. No more giving in to Old Firm and accepting what they offer.  Brilliant.

If that's all then I have to say, very good window, everywhere we needed strengthened was strengthened. Look forward to seeing Ogashiwa and Charles Cook in the summer👀

Excellent business this window. Recruitment team will start planning for the summer now, where some deals may be easier to finalise. Especially if we finish in a solid position for Europe.

7 minutes ago, Barack said:

Right. Now bin this ****er until July.

Souttar?

:D

Tempted now we have his replacement in

Going to be a job for Robbie to manage. He now has options at the back.

Fair play, Soapy has shown desire in the last couple fixtures, challenge is to keep it going.

Dip in form and we should have him out the side quocker than anyone else might be.

We have Kingsley, Halkett, Sibbick, Moore, Smith all looking to get their game time and more to benefit from giving them it, long term.

Glad we held firm and told them to do one if they didn't match our price. Extremely happy with how the window has went, 3 terrific signings and a bunch of new contracts. We're in a fantastic place.

3 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Is that Barry who said earlier that Rangers would come in late to stop us signing a replacement ?

Very happy Souttar staying, real opportunity to have a special few months with this team.  Savage now has 6 months time to find the next Souttar.

5 minutes ago, 5jambo1 said:

Great window! Best squad of players we had in a long time

We set a low bar at times recently, to be fair.

Just now, Jambo92 said:

Very happy Souttar staying, real opportunity to have a special few months with this team.  Savage now has 6 months time to find the next Souttar.

We signed his replacement a couple days ago.

3 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Suspect the next 6 months might be about finding out whether we just did.....

Excellent window.

Gordon, Kingsley, Halkett, Smith extended is phenomenal business.

Atkinson, Sibbick and Simms all in.

Souttar here til the summer and Rangers cheeky offers rebuffed.

Gnanduillet (and Damour?) and Walker away.

Surprised at the Huns tbh. Their defence seems to be falling apart. You'd think they'd identify that as the area they need to improve.

1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

Surely we need to bin him.

Keep him on the bench as cover and play the ones that are committed to playing for the club.

As long as he is committed to us for the next 4 months that's fine.  If he really wanted to leave this window, him and his agent would have agitated to make that happen.  No signs of that.

Vlad the impaler
2 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Keep him on the bench as cover and play the ones that are committed to playing for the club.

Why would we do that. He’s still our best defender and we’re paying him. He can help us achieve our goal as long as he’s giving 100%

Just now, Chuck Berry said:

As long as he is committed to us for the next 4 months that's fine.  If he really wanted to leave this window, him and his agent would have agitated to make that happen.  No signs of that.

Not that we know of.

He's probably been desperate to leave now so that he had the chance of the league winners medal but Rangers just didn't want him enough.

Hope it goes tits up for them.

2 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Not for me. Still our best defender so we play him. The only doubt for me is do we play him against Rangers. I don’t think we should

Also, any sign whatsoever that he is dropping off and we keep him away entirely.

Just now, Vlad the impaler said:

Why would we do that. He’s still our best defender and we’re paying him. He can help us achieve our goal as long as he’s giving 100%

Nah Kingsley and Halkett both better defenders backed up by the stats for the last year.

Head will be elsewhere. I'd rather play the ones that want to stay and fight for the club.

1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

Not that we know of.

He's probably been desperate to leave now so that he had the chance of the league winners medal but Rangers just didn't want him enough.

Hope it goes tits up for them.

It would have come out if he was.  I'm fairly happy that he didn't and is professional enough to concentrate on Hearts for the remainder.  Let's get behind him and everyone else tomorrow.

Just now, Chuck Berry said:

It would have come out if he was.  I'm fairly happy that he didn't and is professional enough to concentrate on Hearts for the remainder.  Let's get behind him and everyone else tomorrow.

Absolutely.