• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

A guy who has been out injured since last May, and had previously been playing with league one Doncaster Rovers.

I had hoped we were past the “project” stage.

2 minutes ago, Zaba said:

A guy who has been out injured since last May, and had previously been playing with league one Doncaster Rovers.

Aidy White vibes 

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

The headline is very misleading, it makes it seem that we have offered him a contract when we haven't. What we have offered him is a chance to train with us and allow us to assess his fitness and then we may offer a contract. Have no problem with that as we are ensuring he is fully up to speed and at the same level and then sign him.

Saying that we wanted to sign him in the summer but his injury was too bad so withdrew the offer. We signed Taylor Moore instead.

2 minutes ago, RDSK said:

If he can defend a set piece I’ll welcome him with open arms. We rode our luck in that regard last night. 

Murder without Halkett in the air.

22 minutes ago, Zaba said:

He isnt contracted to anyone as far as I aware. No harm in getting him up for a couple of weeks to see where he is at. Almost identical injury to Souttar I believe 

20 minutes ago, Zaba said:

Fitted the bill prior to injury, enough so that we'd agreed terms with him after doing our homework. Not really required until next season either with Souttar still around. I see no harm in at least taking a look at him. Less of a gamble than White who'd been retired for 2 years IIRC

30 minutes ago, Zaba said:

"Project" surely refers to players like Jake Mulraney, who'd done nothing even at lower levels, but who was seen as someone who might have the attributes to improve. A misguided attempt to find another Martin Boyle.

This guy seems to have been performing well at League One level - not that much worse than ours - when we initially tried to sign him. Looks like Preston also tried to sign him last January.

I can see why there are Aidy White comparisons, but he hadn't kicked a ball for over 2 years before we signed him and was constantly picking up injuries before that. Not sure this guy's situation is nearly that dire and Boyce, Kingsley and Souttar have all had long-term injuries in the past but have performed for us.

I won't be enthusiastic about signing him but there's not really any harm in having a look either, especially if it's an opportunity to pick up a decent player when their stock is low.

Doncaster have helped him through his injury....wouldn't he be a rat if he signed for us? :laugh:

:peepwall:

And also, I'd say Savage has more than earned a project player. Is a bit meh though.

10 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Doncaster have helped him through his injury....wouldn't he be a rat if he signed for us? :laugh:

:peepwall:

And also, I'd say Savage has more than earned a project player. Is a bit meh though.

I think a good word for it would be underwhelming

16 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

For the summer 

We won't have any games in the summer.  Late August I guess.  Seems short sighted for just those games.

Just now, TheBigO said:

We won't have any games in the summer.  Late August I guess.  Seems short sighted for just those games.

Its better than Zeefuik every window I suppose, at least Anderson is still playing football 

2 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Some on here will have a go at you because it’s not January any more 

Adding your usual level of crap trolling eh!!! Nevermind the fact you had a pop at a person earlier for not being at games when their mum passed away. 

Can you not work out the difference between a free agent and a player under contract at another club? 

So lets get this back on topic and ask why you think Anderson is a good signing in February yet Wright would be inappropriate? 

4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I think Anderson would be a downgrade on what we have at the moment. Id hope we are targeting far better

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

I think Anderson would be a downgrade on what we have at the moment. Id hope we are targeting far better

And definitey mental to sign someone just for the summer as JiH wants us to do.  I guess a striker just for the summer is better than no striker in the summer at all,

8 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

And definitey mental to sign someone just for the summer as JiH wants us to do.  I guess a striker just for the summer is better than no striker in the summer at all,

ffs 🤣 A Striker is not just for summer , though Hibs you get to keep for a lifetime 🤔

Just now, GinRummy said:

Better being a wee bit rebellious. The birds love it 😍 

🤣🤣 Aye stand up during the game and wink at AB…. The Section N and G  lassies will be all over ya.. Bit of booing from B though

1 hour ago, DC_92 said:

"Project" surely refers to players like Jake Mulraney, who'd done nothing even at lower levels, but who was seen as someone who might have the attributes to improve. A misguided attempt to find another Martin Boyle.

Jake could be seen as a success story, as we sold him for ££

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

ffs 🤣 A Striker is not just for summer , though Hibs you get to keep for a lifetime 🤔

🤣🤣 Aye stand up during the game and wink at AB…. The Section N and G  lassies will be all over ya.. Bit of booing from B though

😂 

3 minutes ago, ericb said:

Jake could be seen as a success story, as we sold him for ££

Buying then selling him was a success. The bit in the middle was pretty shit. 

2 hours ago, Zaba said:

Read the article, headline is misleading.  All we have done is offer him training facilities at this point.

5 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Read the article, headline is misleading.  All we have done is offer him training facilities at this point.

It also suggests that this guy was first choice before we got Taylor Moore in.

6 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

It also suggests that this guy was first choice before we got Taylor Moore in.

Yes, sounds like it might have been close to a done deal before injury scuppered it.  Maybe dodged a bullet on that one.

17 hours ago, Kennyfragg13 said:

One plus didn’t lose points gap due to other results

Could turn out to be a very important sibbick clearance? Like the boy , got a decent future ahead...

3 hours ago, Zaba said:

I'm going to trust Savage, Neilson and Hearts on this one. They have obviously seen something in him pre-injury to have him lined up last year. Won't do any harm bringing him up here to see what his current fitness levels are. He's a decent age for a centre back and has a bit of height. Felt we missed that last night without Halkett in the side (and Haring). 

bobby bombscare
10 hours ago, Zaba said:

We have never been past the project stage. Kingsley, Beni and Gino were all out with bad injuries prior to coming to us. That is why we only offered Kingsley a 1 year deal originally! 

You cannot compare a single thing RN and JS do to anything that happened under the Levein regime.

7 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

So, Joe Wright. Has he ever been rated as decent?

(not a critical question but a genuine one)

No idea but Savage had picked him to come until his injury scuppered it.

We need another squad player on the back line. If he can go, even as a substitute for 30 minutes or so, he's worth a flyer.

2 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

No idea but Savage had picked him to come until his injury scuppered it.

We need another squad player on the back line. If he can go, even as a substitute for 30 minutes or so, he's worth a flyer.

This is important actually. When Atkinson was down for a bit after that knee to the head, I genuinely was wracking my brain as to what we’d do. Would we bring Haring on and put him at the back and move Moore out to the right? Would we bring McEneff on the right? Couple of injuries to We had Smith, Halkett and Souttar unavailable and we were in a precarious position there for a bit. And we’ll have injuries and suspensions again before the season is out.

On 02/02/2022 at 13:50, TheBigO said:

Premiership starts 30th/31st July. 

There's a story today about a Dundee loan signing that hasn't been approved yet because of delays in paperwork.

Zeno Ibsen Rossi from Bournemouth.

Reported we were interested in him as cover or replacement for Souttar if he had left for Rangers. 

On 01/02/2022 at 01:13, cosanostra said:

The general increase in the level of athleticism has been massive. Often in Scotland where ability levels are not elite, the team with the better athletes does better.

We have stamina, strength and pace in many positions now.

On 01/02/2022 at 04:21, DG_HMFC said:

And these guys also have ability.

Exciting times.

The above post is the exciting thing about us now and is why I don't believe any or many reports linking us to Scottish prospects.

Generally speaking young English players are better paced, conditioned and trained particularly if they have come trhpugh EPL or Champ academies.

We are shaping our team almost on 100% of them having pace and technical ability.

I do feel that next season starts us on a new level of performance that we will be chuffed to bits with. If we sneak the cup this season all the better.

On 02/02/2022 at 12:27, DC_92 said:

This guy seems to have been performing well at League One level - not that much worse than ours - when we initially tried to sign him. Looks like Preston also tried to sign him last January.

I can see why there are Aidy White comparisons, but he hadn't kicked a ball for over 2 years before we signed him and was constantly picking up injuries before that. Not sure this guy's situation is nearly that dire and Boyce, Kingsley and Souttar have all had long-term injuries in the past but have performed for us.

I won't be enthusiastic about signing him but there's not really any harm in having a look either, especially if it's an opportunity to pick up a decent player when their stock is low.

Look at O'Riley from MK Don's for Celtic. Pains me to say it but he's been a revelation in his first 2 games coming in from league one.

23 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

The above post is the exciting thing about us now and is why I don't believe any or many reports linking us to Scottish prospects.

Generally speaking young English players are better paced, conditioned and trained particularly if they have come trhpugh EPL or Champ academies.

We are shaping our team almost on 100% of them having pace and technical ability.

I do feel that next season starts us on a new level of performance that we will be chuffed to bits with. If we sneak the cup this season all the better.

Look at O'Riley from MK Don's for Celtic. Pains me to say it but he's been a revelation in his first 2 games coming in from league one.

Yep agree... but here's the thing. For all the uglies multi-million pound players, we have a few that didn't cost anywhere near that amount. I mean, THESE players ARE out there, we don't need millions. Look at Beni, Cammy... even Sibbick. You can't tell me they're not as good as some of the OFs players. Who would you rather have at right back? Kingsley or Barasic!!!? My point is, for all their millions - if you have a clever recruitment team/process (and a good youth academy helps) - you don't have to be looking to spend vast amounts on oversees players... although it helps when it comes to wages! Fortunately, we seem to be getting these things right at last. The next 3-4 windows could see us getting closer to the uglies IMO.

kingantti1874
39 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

there is no such thing as a good league one player according to many in JKB.. they have to come from big clubs and leagues and the pants are soaked 

55 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I have a mate who is an MK Dons season ticket holder. Says O'Riley was their "second best player". Apparently Scott Twine is better.