• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

jambo-in-furness

I’ve got a feeling we are about to announce we have signed a free agent,  am I alone?

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

One word for it 😂

One word is better than no words. 

3 hours ago, Pingu said:

I have a mate who is an MK Dons season ticket holder. Says O'Riley was their "second best player". Apparently Scott Twine is better.

Scott Twine was at Swindon,  my STFC mates reckoned he was massively inconsistent 

WorldChampions1902
3 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yep agree... but here's the thing. For all the uglies multi-million pound players, we have a few that didn't cost anywhere near that amount. I mean, THESE players ARE out there, we don't need millions. Look at Beni, Cammy... even Sibbick. You can't tell me they're not as good as some of the OFs players. Who would you rather have at right back? Kingsley or Barasic!!!? My point is, for all their millions - if you have a clever recruitment team/process (and a good youth academy helps) - you don't have to be looking to spend vast amounts on oversees players... although it helps when it comes to wages! Fortunately, we seem to be getting these things right at last. The next 3-4 windows could see us getting closer to the uglies IMO.

:greatpost:

jamboinglasgow
19 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

I’ve got a feeling we are about to announce we have signed a free agent,  am I alone?

Not had that feeling, what has given you that feeling?

I noticed Joe wright's stats for aerial duals are better than his other defensive stats.    Can play in a back 4 on the right.   In aback three on the right or center.   I didn't check his passing stats yet. 

Most of the stats were an average in 90 minutes over several games, not game by game.    

6ft three inch looks like he'd play in the middle. 

5 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

I noticed Joe wright's stats for aerial duals are better than his other defensive stats.    Can play in a back 4 on the right.   In aback three on the right or center.   I didn't check his passing stats yet. 

Most of the stats were an average in 90 minutes over several games, not game by game.    

6ft three inch looks like he'd play in the middle. 

He'll be good cover for Halkett. 

jambo-in-furness
40 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Not had that feeling, what has given you that feeling?

looks like I’m alone then,  no idea why I’ve got it or where it came from.

Strange we've not heard any more about Joe Wright. I suspect we're just waiting to announce him after the sevco game (assuming he's actually coming to us).

5 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

How’s this still going? It’s February now. 😂

200w.gif

Its Free Agent season ,bud its like a sub plot to the main story.

Remember the Barrie Mackay signing 😍

3 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Its Free Agent season ,bud its like a sub plot to the main story.

Remember the Barrie Mackay signing 😍

Yeh I suppose. Maybe the moderators need to change the heading to FAF. Free Agent February? 

TintedDishonestDobermanpinscher-size_res

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, FFSJohn said:

He must have compromising photos of Anne Budge and Robbie Neilson?

or he’s had an excellent season, scored a lot of goals and those in charge at the club think he has a good chance.

you watched a lot of him this season

7 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yep agree... but here's the thing. For all the uglies multi-million pound players, we have a few that didn't cost anywhere near that amount. I mean, THESE players ARE out there, we don't need millions. Look at Beni, Cammy... even Sibbick. You can't tell me they're not as good as some of the OFs players. Who would you rather have at right back? Kingsley or Barasic!!!? My point is, for all their millions - if you have a clever recruitment team/process (and a good youth academy helps) - you don't have to be looking to spend vast amounts on oversees players... although it helps when it comes to wages! Fortunately, we seem to be getting these things right at last. The next 3-4 windows could see us getting closer to the uglies IMO.

May I add Barry McKay? Once he settles in lol ,who would you swap for him?

39 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Yeh I suppose. Maybe the moderators need to change the heading to FAF. Free Agent February? 

TintedDishonestDobermanpinscher-size_res

FAF I like it.

Up to you Mods👍

38 minutes ago, maggieb said:

May I add Barry McKay? Once he settles in lol ,who would you swap for him?

Absolutely… need to get him tied down pronto!

13 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

or he’s had an excellent season, scored a lot of goals and those in charge at the club think he has a good chance.

you watched a lot of him this season

Seriously what does Henderson have to do to get a chance?  Why bring him back from Alloa, place him on the bench, not play him and send him back to Alloa?

I'd wager he would have had a great impact against Hibs than Woodburn did.

41 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Seriously what does Henderson have to do to get a chance?  Why bring him back from Alloa, place him on the bench, not play him and send him back to Alloa?

I think the coaches are determined that a tune will come out of Woodburn (as am I).

It is looking more and more that it isn't going to happen.

I was wanting him on for Boyce at HT, he didn’t make a difference when he did come on.

kingantti1874
3 hours ago, chrystaf said:

i agree.

17 hours ago, Sertse said:

Strange we've not heard any more about Joe Wright. I suspect we're just waiting to announce him after the sevco game (assuming he's actually coming to us).

don't think we will hear anything for a while. we offered him training facilities to see how he was recovering from a serious injury. so there's no guarantee that we even will sign him

4 hours ago, chrystaf said:

Here's hoping Alloa's next manager fancies him because I think if the Wasps get beat today Barry Backpass is history, he's a tad unpopular with the Recs faithful.

Aberdeen/Hibs/Dundee/Championship clubs interested in Robert Snodgrass.

Ross County interested in Josh Sims. RCC has interest from down south.

(BBC Gossip)

Edited by Batistuta87

• 2 weeks later...
Gordon Ramsay

I was happy when Sibbick signed as I thought we were getting a decent player. Let a few errors slide I seen in his first 2 or 3 games back but I think it's now becoming clear he's just pretty shite. 

Edited by Gordon Ramsay

Just now, Gordon Ramsay said:

I was happy when Sibbick signed as I thought we were getting a decent player. Let a few errors slide I seen in his first 2 or 3 games back but I think it's now becoming clear he's just pretty shite. 

😂😂

1 minute ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

I never had him down as a commanding centre back who would win headers, which is what we needed with Halkett being out.

And the last thing we needed was another defensive midfield option.

I'd imagine he was a Souttar replacement had he left. Now we're trying to find a position for him. On the right, in the centre...it'll be midfield next.

Doesn't feel overly thought out.

He could be a Haring replacement long term right enough.

Gordon Ramsay
10 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I never had him down as a commanding centre back who would win headers, which is what we needed with Halkett being out.

And the last thing we needed was another defensive midfield option.

I'd imagine he was a Souttar replacement had he left. Now we're trying to find a position for him. On the right, in the centre...it'll be midfield next.

Doesn't feel overly thought out.

He could be a Haring replacement long term right enough.

To me he just looks a bit lost. 

As you say not commanding, gets bullied far too easily.

His passing is suspect, seems to get turned a lot and just generally seems to make quite a lot of errors. 

Maybe he'll improve but not seeing it at all just now with the guy. 

23 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

He certainly has a lot of convincing to do. Seems to read situations quite well but isn't physical enough, doesn’t compete enough and on the ball he doesn’t look like he can make a forward pass, everything is back or sideways. Worrying. He is still young so time is on his side. Wake up call needed for him and a few others. 

19 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He certainly has a lot of convincing to do. Seems to read situations quite well but isn't physical enough, doesn’t compete enough and on the ball he doesn’t look like he can make a forward pass, everything is back or sideways. Worrying. He is still young so time is on his side. Wake up call needed for him and a few others. 

Good summary. 

I feel he's been pitched in earlier than expected because of Halkett's injury. He looked knackered towards the end of the Dundee game. 🤞the lad comes good. 

4 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Good summary. 

I feel he's been pitched in earlier than expected because of Halkett's injury. He looked knackered towards the end of the Dundee game. 🤞the lad comes good. 

He's a professional footballer of some years standing. If he's not able to tackle, head the ball effectively and have a good touch then he's no use to us.

3 minutes ago, gedster said:

He's a professional footballer of some years standing. If he's not able to tackle, head the ball effectively and have a good touch then he's no use to us.

Saved us getting beat off hibs. Might have been a fluke I'll grant you. 

3 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Saved us getting beat off hibs. Might have been a fluke I'll grant you. 

Hopefully he'll become next season's Taylor Moore and warm the bench as back up. We need better week in, week out beside Halkett.

A_A wehatethehibs

He has not had the best start but equally I don’t think it was in the plans for Halkett to be out. Sibbick would otherwise have got a bit more time to settle in, but it’s not been possible. Unfortunately for him he has got off to an awful start and has a job on his hands now to get up to standard. 

Gordon Ramsay
8 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Turning on Sibbick is poor. He’s a young lad who’s just in the door. Some posters on this thread said the same about Halkett. 

He's not that young, fairly experienced player for his age having played more than 50 games for Barnsley. 

He's been thrown in at the deep end a bit I'll grant you that but his performances on the whole haven't been good enough. 

Edited by Gordon Ramsay

On 27/01/2022 at 18:24, Waterboy said:

Sibbick a bit meh in my book. Played in a pretty poor Hearts team and didn't really stand out. I remember the game against Rangers, he passed more than one square ball out the park about 15 feet in the air. Other than winning headers I don't see what he adds to the current squad.

Said it when we were rumoured to be signing him. Not good enough, clear to see - think a few (including our 'football dept') were fooled by that Rangers game where he got himself about and disrupted things, which at the time was hugely appreciated as we were rotten. But it was clear he's not up to the standards we are aiming for.  Hope to god he's not our Souttar replacement. 

Also appears I was being generous suggesting he might win headers. 

Edited by Waterboy

Jambof3tornado

Sibbick gets a free hit til after the summer, quite willing to give him time to settle. Dont think he was meant to be starting games just yet but injuries forced it.

This thread sums up the shite that are some fans just now. One minute he’s the messiah, next utter garbage. Some comments show how utter clueless many are

He’s not played a lot of football this season. His performances so far have shown to me that he is rusty, but there are moments there that show, for me anyway, that he has the potential to be decent.