• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

• GinRummy

8 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Gino and GMS 2 I’d be punting in the summer

Reluctantly agree. GMS just doesn’t offer enough. 

Gino is all speed. Very little actual quality IMO. A player like Milinkovic would be perfect. Aggressive attacker with an eye for goal. 

9 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Gino showed some qualities last week but he is not a starter. GMS is on borrowed time 

10 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Gino is only good if he gets in a foot race against last defender. I’d like to think that with someone to win a header and knock the ball on he could get into those positions a bit more. 

BackOfTheNet

Question is, IF we’re going to sign anyone else, will it be this week or deadline day? No cheeky evening rumours tonight?

jamboinglasgow
25 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Question is, IF we’re going to sign anyone else, will it be this week or deadline day? No cheeky evening rumours tonight?

I predict one on Friday and one on Monday.

BackOfTheNet
Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

I predict one on Friday and one on Monday.

Ooohh, a double dip…

Pasquale for King

We could be doing with a CB I think with injuries to Smith and Halkett with the Souttar situation unresolved also.

Or recall Popescu 😱🤔🤪🔫.

Pasquale for King

We surely must be looking at Reagan Charles Cook on one of yon pre contracts 🤔?!?!

Mikey1874
50 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Gino showed some qualities last week but he is not a starter. GMS is on borrowed time 

I said on the Motherwell thread 2 up front may allow Mackay-Steven better opportunities.

Changes the whole dynamic of the team. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Hansel said:

Everton fans on fb disappointed he isnt staying with them this season

Guy looks good, not having a manager or any other people apart from big Dunc making decisions maybe helped. 

1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Thought GMS did well tonight 

sandylejambo
19 minutes ago, ericb said:

Thought GMS did well tonight 

He did look up for it tonight, but those time are too few and we must have trier’s 

Arthur Morgan
48 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We surely must be looking at Reagan Charles Cook on one of yon pre contracts 🤔?!?!

We should be, I really rate him. 

PhoenixHearts
6 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Welcome Simms!

Anyone telling him to cut his hair GTF. His hair is perfect.

This.

I have a hard enough time with baldy da's telling people to cut their hair at the best of times (freedom to express yourself and all that) but when it's a (presumably) white guy telling a black guy to cut his natural afro hair, it really makes me uncomfortable.

I don't want to play the R card but people saying things like that are rooted in prejudice and bigotry and I'm surprised the poster who originally said it didn't get pulled up more about it.

Similar thing happened when there was a bunch of rednecks in Arizona saying that the Cardinals QB Kyler Murray's hair (a natural afro) looked "unprofessional" or worse "homeless".

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

We should be, I really rate him. 

Playing out his skin for that rubbish, 9 goals and probably the same amount of assists. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

This.

I have a hard enough time with baldy da's telling people to cut their hair at the best of times (freedom to express yourself and all that) but when it's a (presumably) white guy telling a black guy to cut his natural afro hair, it really makes me uncomfortable.

I don't want to play the R card but people saying things like that are rooted in prejudice and bigotry and I'm surprised the poster who originally said it didn't get pulled up more about it.

Similar thing happened when there was a bunch of rednecks in Arizona saying that the Cardinals QB Kyler Murray's hair (a natural afro) looked "unprofessional" or worse "homeless".

Definitely. 

4 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Is Jimmy Dunne getting a game these days? 😁

Playing regularly for QPR who are going well in the championship so that's a non starter.

SomethingAboutObua
6 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

This.

Agree and very surprised this is the first post commenting on it  

cosanostra
25 minutes ago, bigdav said:

Playing regularly for QPR who are going well in the championship so that's a non starter.

Was wondering why people have not suggested signing him. 🤣

Sign a centre back now. Don't mind if it's a long or short term deal at this stage. We just need someone in.

Extend Haring's contract. Can't understand why we're dragging our feet there. He clearly has a role to play.

I'm sure we also have big plans for the summer. We have four loanees to replace (or extend), and we need upgrades for Halliday, GMS and possibly Gino.

Beave1874

Hoping the Braithwaite rumours quoted earlier in this thread are true as we are currently goosed in the centre, even then one CB is not enough imo. Gen thought Souttar would be away by the end of this week, now not so much. 

A bit of pressure on the club now regarding incomings. Depending on the injuries our targets may have to change very late in the window. 

A centre half now has to be our priority.

Halkett and Smith have been toiling for weeks and with Moore injured we're down to the absolute bare bones now. 

We probably need to keep Souttar till the end of the season as well now.

Just make the move for Findlay. Knows the league, is a centre back rather than a right back or left back playing as a centre back and not doing well in the states. Such an obvious move. Get it done Hearts. 

Rick Sanchez

To be honest even if Halkett can make it back quickly he needs a rest. He's obviously not getting over whatever is bothering him.

hmfc_liam06
14 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

A centre half now has to be our priority.

Halkett and Smith have been toiling for weeks and with Moore injured we're down to the absolute bare bones now. 

We probably need to keep Souttar till the end of the season as well now.

Agreed, we have to get another body in there as soon as possible. We can make do elsewhere, even if it means keeping the likes of Henderson at the club for the rest of the season.

HEARTS FOREVER
10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Just make the move for Findlay. Knows the league, is a centre back rather than a right back or left back playing as a centre back and not doing well in the states. Such an obvious move. Get it done Hearts. 

Would defo make sense

16 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Agree.

Ginelly is very inconsistent, it's a bit of a worry. Starting to wonder if he's going to be in our plans beyond his contract. GMS needs emptied.

Batistuta87
8 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

This.

Absolutely 👍🏻

I have long hair and a beard and frequently get comments from badly dah's about haircuts, shaves, even a wash once. Was taken aback by that last one because I actually put a decent amount of effort into looking after my hair and beard, but these dah's are just no right. And if I could grow a fro like oor Ellis, you can bet your arse I'd be doing it!! 😂

The Wrinkly Ninja
33 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

To be honest even if Halkett can make it back quickly he needs a rest. He's obviously not getting over whatever is bothering him.

Seems like he struggles at some point during most games getting up from a challenge holding his stomach, back or side area and trying to stretch out whatever is going on.

May not all be connected and might be little individual knocks though.

Nookie Bear
24 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Ginelly is very inconsistent, it's a bit of a worry. Starting to wonder if he's going to be in our plans beyond his contract. GMS needs emptied.

That could see us lose Walker, Ginelley, GMS & Woodburn in the space of 6 months.

BackOfTheNet

As I say, now is not the time to panic. Let’s see what the extent of the injuries are and act accordingly. Even if there are injuries and there’s a need for unplanned signings, I’m sure Savage & co will still find better than Findlay.

Biffa Bacon
9 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

This.

You can't get offended by hair style comments whilst being comfortable using "baldy da" in regular speech. 

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

That could see us lose Walker, Ginelley, GMS & Woodburn in the space of 6 months.

As long as we get improvements I'm not overly worried. I like Ginelly, I think he has a good attitude and all but when it comes down to it if he's not good enough then he's not good enough. No room for sentiment in football.

BackOfTheNet

Ginnelly will have games where he plays well, and games where he doesn’t. Just like any old fashioned winger. (Look at McKay’s performance last night) But he’s more than capable of putting teams like St. Johnstone to the sword, so is good enough for our league. Just maybe needs to be an impact sub for the bigger games rather than the relied upon starter. His greatest benefit is pace, this it utilised far better against tired defences. No one was talking about punting him after the last few games, only now after last night when our tactical approach was ‘let Celtic have the ball and break on the counter attack (whoops, I forgot they might score with 5 seconds to decide what to do on the ball)’. I wouldn’t be punting him yet.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

the general
1 hour ago, Beave1874 said:

Hoping the Braithwaite rumours quoted earlier in this thread are true as we are currently goosed in the centre, even then one CB is not enough imo. Gen thought Souttar would be away by the end of this week, now not so much. 

It wasn't true but maybe with these injuries who knows

Edited by the general

Brick Tamland

This.

You have just played the race card though! Countless players have had their haircuts slagged off, Barrie McKay being the most recent, but to say that because Simms is black, having an opinion on his hair is rooted in prejudice and bigotry is ludicrous. 

Are expecting any incomings before Saturday? Hopefully another defender even if souttar stays or goes

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Are expecting any incomings before Saturday? Hopefully another defender even if souttar stays or goes

As Simms was first mentioned in the press on Tuesday night and signed yesterday, I feel we need a media link to someone or a strong surge in rumours surrounding one name today for anything to happen by the weekend. Which makes me think deadline day might be like the summer where we’re hoping someone will come but it will be 50/50 whether it happens or not. I hope we can more in though.

Rudi cant fail

I’m a little concerned that the majority of our signings are loans. Unless there is agreements in place to make them permanent. Robbie says at every transfer window that he doesn’t want to make wholesale changes and wants to come out of each window stronger than before we went in. If we continue to have several players on loan then we are always going to be making wholesale changes.

Here is a list of signings since Joe savage came in.

kastineer = Loan - useless

GMS = permanent - more bad games than good

Gnando = permanent - useless and gone within a year

mceneff = permanent - useful addition, not set the heather alight but may get better with a good run in the team.

shay Logan = loan - done a job and was never going to be long term

Ross Stewart = permanent - squad player, not good enough to be our number 2 but I get it’s hard to get decent keepers to be happy with being number 2

josh ginelley = permanent - squad player. His pace can be useful, personally I don’t think he’s good enough.

beni = permanent - brilliant, an excellent find and can’t speak highly enough of him

devlin = permanent - I like him, he’s tenacious and covers a lot of ground. He can be a bit of a headless chicken though and needs to be more confident when it comes to shooting.

woodburn = loan - full of promise but yet to show it on a regular basis

moore = loan - not had enough game time to fully assess. Think he might lack aggression required for a centre half

cochrane = loan - good player. Easy to forget he’s so young. Not good enough for premiership so we may have a chance to make him permanent. 

Barrie McKay = permanent - great player, very intelligent. Creates a lot of chances which is why he’s been brought in

Natty Aka = permanent -  early days but looks a good find.

simms = loan - too early to judge. Looked decent last night. 

Kingsley, smith, Gordon and halkett have also all agreed new deals which is good news. We gambled not offering souttar a deal sooner which I can understand but it has ultimately backfired. 

i agree that recruitment is now night and day from when levein was here and it’s early days with savage. I still feel that we could be doing a little better though. Other than beni I don’t think any of the signings we have made are that unrealistic for the third biggest team in Scotland to be making. I know we seem to be targeting a higher calibre if player, but based on the loan signings it could suggest that we are missing out on these targets and could be chasing lost causes.

again this could just be the start of the savage revolution and we may start to see more quality long term signings 

Finlay James

This.

i think people are rightly getting wise to the fact that not everything said about anyone from a BAME background is racist.  If a black guy tells a white guy to cut his hair, it wouldn’t be taken as racist, more a comment on his hair so the same should apply vice versa.

Like I said, we’re starting to become more educated and evolved so just need to ignore the culture of everything being taken as racist.

2 minutes ago, Rudi cant fail said:

I’m a little concerned that the majority of our signings are loans. Unless there is agreements in place to make them permanent. Robbie says at every transfer window that he doesn’t want to make wholesale changes and wants to come out of each window stronger than before we went in. If we continue to have several players on loan then we are always going to be making wholesale changes.

Here is a list of signings since Joe savage came in.

kastineer = Loan - useless

GMS = permanent - more bad games than good

Gnando = permanent - useless and gone within a year

mceneff = permanent - useful addition, not set the heather alight but may get better with a good run in the team.

shay Logan = loan - done a job and was never going to be long term

Ross Stewart = permanent - squad player, not good enough to be our number 2 but I get it’s hard to get decent keepers to be happy with being number 2

josh ginelley = permanent - squad player. His pace can be useful, personally I don’t think he’s good enough.

beni = permanent - brilliant, an excellent find and can’t speak highly enough of him

devlin = permanent - I like him, he’s tenacious and covers a lot of ground. He can be a bit of a headless chicken though and needs to be more confident when it comes to shooting.

woodburn = loan - full of promise but yet to show it on a regular basis

moore = loan - not had enough game time to fully assess. Think he might lack aggression required for a centre half

cochrane = loan - good player. Easy to forget he’s so young. Not good enough for premiership so we may have a chance to make him permanent. 

Barrie McKay = permanent - great player, very intelligent. Creates a lot of chances which is why he’s been brought in

Natty Aka = permanent -  early days but looks a good find.

simms = loan - too early to judge. Looked decent last night. 

Kingsley, smith, Gordon and halkett have also all agreed new deals which is good news. We gambled not offering souttar a deal sooner which I can understand but it has ultimately backfired. 

i agree that recruitment is now night and day from when levein was here and it’s early days with savage. I still feel that we could be doing a little better though. Other than beni I don’t think any of the signings we have made are that unrealistic for the third biggest team in Scotland to be making. I know we seem to be targeting a higher calibre if player, but based on the loan signings it could suggest that we are missing out on these targets and could be chasing lost causes.

again this could just be the start of the savage revolution and we may start to see more quality long term signings 

I think there are a few benefits to the loan system, we had Ginnelly and Kastaneer on loan last season and decided we wanted to sign Ginnelly and let Kastaneer go home in the summer. It's good to have that flexibility imo

Currently we have these players with no strings attached come the summer:

Moore

Cochrane

Woodburn

Simms

Of those four, Woodburn and Cochrane are out of contract and it will be up to us if we want to keep them or not. Moore has a year left at Bristol but they should be pretty easy to deal with if we fancy keeping him too.

Simms on the other hand is a player rated highly at Everton who they'll want to keep, he's already mentioned being excited at the prospect of european football next season though which suggests that we could have him beyond the summer if all goes well.

jamboinglasgow

after the excitement of the last day and a half, its all gone dark again in the way of transfers. Hopefully we hear something very soon.

17 hours ago, William H. Bonney said:

Still cant believe Simms was signed about 5pm and was playing at 8:45pm. :wow:

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal