• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

8 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

What position does Simpson play?

Defender he's 25 and played 47 first team games for Bournemouth and the Huns.

Sibbick a bit meh in my book. Played in a pretty poor Hearts team and didn't really stand out. I remember the game against Rangers, he passed more than one square ball out the park about 15 feet in the air. Other than winning headers I don't see what he adds to the current squad.

4 minutes ago, Waterboy said:

Sibbick a bit meh in my book. Played in a pretty poor Hearts team and didn't really stand out. I remember the game against Rangers, he passed more than one square ball out the park about 15 feet in the air. Other than winning headers I don't see what he adds to the current squad.

I thought he was outstanding that night. Big, athletic, quick, strong in the air and tackle, and was comfortable on the ball. If it hadn't been for his illness, we might have seen more to make a proper balanced judgement, but from the little we did see, I'd have him in our squad.

1 minute ago, cb1874 said:

I thought he was outstanding that night. Big, athletic, quick, strong in the air and tackle, and was comfortable on the ball. If it hadn't been for his illness, we might have seen more to make a proper balanced judgement, but from the little we did see, I'd have him in our squad.

I agree. Been converted to a centre back so the signing would make sense. We can’t really get as good a replacement as Souttar but Toby can cover a few positions and has bags of energy which suits our team dynamic. 

Did Sibbick only play two games for us?

21 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Can’t be selling Souttar now that’s for sure. 

2 minutes ago, cb1874 said:

Seen him that game too, think he could do a good job

1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

I understand EPL fans being arrogant and feeling superior to a degree, but how on earth has it dripped down to the likes of Barnsley and Luton fans?

Agreed. Hearts would wipe the fecking floor with Barnsley 

5 minutes ago, cb1874 said:

Also, he's 22. Defenders in particular get better as they age and learn to see the game better.

5 minutes ago, cb1874 said:

Correct....he was outstanding.

10 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

😀

Do you know what position this lad plays? 

Sorry no idea, all I know is that someone is at Tynecastle this evening.

27 minutes ago, RS86 said:

Sibbick's Dad works with my Dad. Not that i'm privvy to any ITK info, just a random fact :lol:

Is your Dad bigger than his Dad?

:oohmatron:

3 minutes ago, FFSJohn said:

Sorry no idea, all I know is that someone is at Tynecastle this evening.

That’ll be that wee shite who phoned the polis when I took a bird in there for a bit of Section X action after a night out

Dhanda.

The MLS club have offered him a four-year deal as owners Steve Kaplan and Jason Levien, who also own the Swans, look to keep him under their guidance.

However, they face competition from Sky Bet League One clubs Burton, Crewe, Plymouth and Bolton - and Dhanda wants to go where he will get the most first-team football.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Imagine we might look for sticking plaster this window before finding longer lasting and improved solutions in the summer 

I'd love to get Sibbick back. Bit worried about our defence though, I'd assume Sibbick replaces Souttar, and we'd be losing a key part of our defence. No doubting Sibbicks ability on the ball, but I'd be worried there isn't much experience in our CBs.

I'd love to go get Findlay and Lindsay both giants and great players. Don't think Lindsay is playing for Preston either, so maybe we could do a deal there. Findlay, obviously has been talked about on here and I reckon he'd improve our defence and allow Kingsley to play LWB. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/liam-lindsay/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/228912/wettbewerb/GB2/saison/2021/verein/466

Can't do much on the bench right? (Lindsay)

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'd love to get Sibbick back. Bit worried about our defence though, I'd assume Sibbick replaces Souttar, and we'd be losing a key part of our defence. No doubting Sibbicks ability on the ball, but I'd be worried there isn't much experience in our CBs.

I'd love to go get Findlay and Lindsay both giants and great players. Don't think Lindsay is playing for Preston either, so maybe we could do a deal there. Findlay, obviously has been talked about on here and I reckon he'd improve our defence and allow Kingsley to play LWB. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/liam-lindsay/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/228912/wettbewerb/GB2/saison/2021/verein/466

Can't do much on the bench right? (Lindsay)

Id love Lindsay but he does play reasonably regulary for preston and they are actually in the market for a cb as they feel they dont have enough cover so just dont see it happening

although having looked at the stats if we can get him then could be a great signing

Edited by CAR
Add info

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolute nonsense and how anyone can say that on the little they’ve seen beggars belief, he’s scored as many goals in the league as the four others who’ve played there put together. 
The manager just won’t play him as he prefers two DMs. 

Haven’t seen anything in his performances, granted they have been fleeting, to suggest he is the answer to any of our positional challenges. I’d suggest we haven’t seen much of him because the management team don’t rate him either and he hasn’t done anything to change their opinions. 

1 minute ago, CAR said:

Id love Lindsay but he does play reasonably regulary for preston and they are actually in the market for a cb as they feel they dont have enough cover so just dont see it happening

Yeah, in fairness contract up 2023, so another year to go. Suppose from his point of view, if he's sitting on the bench not playing he's not progressing and at 26, he needs to be playing games regularly. Scotland in terms of CBs aren't blessed, so its perfectly achievable that he could come here and play then get into the squad. 

Bit of a different name to Findlay & Sibbick who have been spoken about. 

13 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Imagine we might look for sticking plaster this window before finding longer lasting and improved solutions in the summer 

Dinna you start…. Had enough of this off that other oaf 🤨😉🤣

2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I think our net goes a bit further than ex players. 

It absolutely does. Doesn’t mean the net doesn’t include them. In any case, he’s a player that Savage may well be aware of and he only played for us twice, it’s not as if we’re bringing an old regular back. 

Салатные палочки
4 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I think our net goes a bit further than ex players. 

Has Jimmy Dunne been mentioned yet? 

5 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yeah, in fairness contract up 2023, so another year to go. Suppose from his point of view, if he's sitting on the bench not playing he's not progressing and at 26, he needs to be playing games regularly. Scotland in terms of CBs aren't blessed, so its perfectly achievable that he could come here and play then get into the squad. 

Bit of a different name to Findlay & Sibbick who have been spoken about. 

All very different but Lindsay would be my first choice.

Findlay is a LCB the other 2 RCH but i think Lindsay could play in the middle of a 3 too which is what we dont have other than Halkett

3 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

nhpsh4GP_x96.jpg

Understand #Barnsleyfc trying to sign an attacking player, prior to Monday's deadline. That player is based in Europe. There is a possibility that Toby Sibbick could be leaving - hence his absence from the squad at #NFFC. Other deals are being worked on.

Wonder if we would be interested in Sibbick?

Looked like a very good player, would give us some squad depth as well

Robbie and Savage must sit at night strolling through this thread pissing themselves. 

Those that talked down simms last night, big man came on and right away changed the game, had farter Vickers, and starshit on the backfoot. 

Trust management i do. 

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Robbie and Savage must sit at night strolling through this thread pissing themselves. 

Those that talked down simms last night, big man came on and right away changed the game, had farter Vickers, and starshit on the backfoot. 

Trust management i do. 

Thats what I was thinking watching Simms last night, he is very strong and will be tough for centre backs when Celtic's centre backs were struggling.

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Trust management i do. 

You’ve changed your tune. 😄

Just now, Sertse said:

?🤔

Trying to get at least two more in, Henderson going back out on loan, which would free up space for japanese lad, defenders a handful to pick from, more than one we are talking too, Everton lad has offers from championship team's and us, Lindsay is one Savage will be aware of due to Preston North End signing him. 

He also played under Stendel at Barnsley, with his centre pairing partner being ethan pinnock who plays for Brentford in Premier league. 

He will also be aware of sibbick, clubs in for him in English championship, 3 up here preference Hearts, other Scottish clubs Hibs and Aberdeen. 

Still trying to get deals done keep the faith 👍

Sure it will all come good.

Best of the rest this season will do me.

Edited by Turkishcap
Thought of more!

Stuart Findlay was over here, but club want fee for him, and unless we pay valuation they want, we simply don't get him, more likely to be loan deals, with transfer window closing, but reckon a few might be with option to buy Japanese lad. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal