** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

Jamboscanbevicius

I don’t expect too much in the next few days. Might depend on the prognosis for Smith and Halkett.

CH could be key and expect we have a few irons in the fire…

Branthwaite on loan

Findlay on loan to buy

Souttar away (but only if we sign CH)

Will be interesting to see what happens with Souttar if he stays. We will play him, and if he gets an injury will the zombies still sign him? 

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

31 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

yup, and there is nothing stopping us making a signing at the weekend either.

Technically there’s nothing to stop any team from buying players 7 days a week, especially in January. But window after window they seem to be Monday through Friday bar a few exceptions. I’m sure there’s a multitude of reasons for this, but it is the way it is.

17 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

We probably need some cover at the back as well with injuries. Halkett will be a huge loss for us, Moore just isn't as aggressive or good in the air. I reckon Simms will do well and he played well last night when he came on, considering he probably didn't know half his team mates names. 

The boy from Swansea would be good. 

Taylor Moore is also currently carrying a thigh injury. If we rush him back because Smith and Halkett are out then we risk aggrevating his injury and then we are in big trouble.

We may end up having to play Souttar, Haring and Kingsley as our back three. Cochrane could step in if required but I am still not convinced about him.

Thank goodness Beni is back hopefully no worse for his return ;ast night. He makes such a difference to our midfield.

5 hours ago, Sertse said:

Ginelly is very inconsistent, it's a bit of a worry. Starting to wonder if he's going to be in our plans beyond his contract. GMS needs emptied.

Ginnelly will be on bench with Boyce and Simms up front hopefully.

And GMS may do a lot better with 2 up front. 

24 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

We probably need some cover at the back as well with injuries. Halkett will be a huge loss for us, Moore just isn't as aggressive or good in the air. I reckon Simms will do well and he played well last night when he came on, considering he probably didn't know half his team mates names. 

The boy from Swansea would be good. 

Can’t see Simms filling in at the back. Has great physicality but doesn’t have the experience to play at the back. 

I reckon we should bring that Branthewaite guy in on loan, would be solid cover. 

6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Taylor Moore is also currently carrying a thigh injury. If we rush him back because Smith and Halkett are out then we risk aggrevating his injury and then we are in big trouble.

We may end up having to play Souttar, Haring and Kingsley as our back three. Cochrane could step in if required but I am still not convinced about him.

Thank goodness Beni is back hopefully no worse for his return ;ast night. He makes such a difference to our midfield.

Moore was due to return to full training today. 

34 minutes ago, Roman1874 said:

We need a Hartley/Cameron type player ASAP. Only CAM we currently have is McEneff.

Reckon Hartley would come out of retirement? 

You mean a box to box as I reckon McKay could easily play as a Cam ( most of his assist seem to come from more central area as it is )

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, bazman said:

However on just reading Robbie's comments he says it's tight hammy so ignore me

He’s had a back problem as well, whether it’s being the more physical CH or something else let’s hope they get it all sorted. 

18 minutes ago, bazman said:

Your hamstring runs from the back of knee/top of calf up to hip

Sorry, should have said said front of leg 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Roman1874 said:

Can’t see Simms filling in at the back. Has great physicality but doesn’t have the experience to play at the back. 

I reckon we should bring that Branthewaite guy in on loan, would be solid cover. 

Probably more likely that Haring would move back in there. 

38 minutes ago, Roman1874 said:

We need a Hartley/Cameron type player ASAP. Only CAM we currently have is McEneff.

Reckon Hartley would come out of retirement? 

As you say we have one and he doesn’t play him so having another seems a bit pointless. 

10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Ginnelly will be on bench with Boyce and Simms up front hopefully.

And GMS may do a lot better with 2 up front. 

Thought GMS made a decent contribution last night . Great cross , couple of tackles , involved in attacking moves etc 

1 minute ago, john thomas said:

Thought GMS made a decent contribution last night . Great cross , couple of tackles , involved in attacking moves etc 

Problem with GMS is you don’t know which player is turning up. If you’re in the trenches he’s about the last person you’d want next to you. 

Let’s hope Robbie can try and get some form out of him. Appreciate the job/ formation is a bit different but surely he has flexibility. The talent has never been in question. 

Gimme an H...

GMS has been a massive dissapointment.

Players like him blow hot and cold, I get that. But he's been terrible much more often than not.

Must've been watching a different game from some last night - thought it was more of the same from him.

8 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

Players like him blow hot and cold, I get that. But he's been terrible much more often than not.

Must've been watching a different game from some last night - thought it was more of the same from him.

I , as said before , was impressed with his contribution . Yes he had a dreadful 20 yard effort but played a part in the second half when we had Celtic on the ropes (not sure we got real credit for that?)

45 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

He had a good tackle. But for me was anonymous and just his usual ineffectual performance to be honest.

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

He had a good tackle. But for me was anonymous and just his usual ineffectual performance to be honest.

Just an assist for the goal. 

18 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Just an assist for the goal. 

I was talking about GMS

But if we’re talking about Makay, it was his worst performance in a Hearts shirt yet, even with the assist for the goal that should’ve been given offside because Boyce can’t look along a line of players right in front of him.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

nhpsh4GP_x96.jpg

Understand #Barnsleyfc trying to sign an attacking player, prior to Monday's deadline. That player is based in Europe. There is a possibility that Toby Sibbick could be leaving - hence his absence from the squad at #NFFC. Other deals are being worked on.

Wonder if we would be interested in Sibbick?

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Probably more likely that Haring would move back in there. 

As you say we have one and he doesn’t play him so having another seems a bit pointless. 

Simply because he isn’t good enough 

5 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

nhpsh4GP_x96.jpg

Understand #Barnsleyfc trying to sign an attacking player, prior to Monday's deadline. That player is based in Europe. There is a possibility that Toby Sibbick could be leaving - hence his absence from the squad at #NFFC. Other deals are being worked on.

Id like it we did but thats mainly to piss of the idiots on .net

He is also able to cover both Defence and midfield

Edited by CAR
Add info

5 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

nhpsh4GP_x96.jpg

Right now I'd take Sibbick and Findlay to  give Halkett and Smith a rest.   

We need a Centre Half from somewhere.   Another loan  if it's possible will do. 

3 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

nhpsh4GP_x96.jpg

Sibbick does seem to play on the right of a back three when he does play for Barnsley which is where Souttar, Moore and Smith are most comfortable. Kingsley and Cochrane cover the left side well.

What we need is a battering ram to cover for Halkett in the heart of the defence imo

1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

Sibbick does seem to play on the right of a back three when he does play for Barnsley which is where Souttar, Moore and Smith are most comfortable. Kingsley and Cochrane cover the left side well.

What we need is a battering ram to cover for Halkett in the heart of the defence imo

Yeah I do agree we dont have anyone else that really does the same role as Halkett which means we might need to revert to a back 4. I dont mind that but the 343 has worked for us and we might need more time to get the players accustomed to say 433

4 hours ago, McNelly15 said:

Moore getting recalled? Just read this!

Halkett out with Smith, Souttar probably away in a couple days time. Looking very very light at the back. Massive games coming up that can change the season 

Taylor Moore will train at Riccarton on Thursday with a view to being involved against Motherwell on Saturday. “I expect Taylor back. He is training tomorrow so if Halks is struggling then he can come in,” added Neilson.

I think the recall headline meant to our first team.    Panicky headline stuff.   It certainly made me read it. 

1 minute ago, CAR said:

Yeah I do agree we dont have anyone else that really does the same role as Halkett which means we might need to revert to a back 4. I dont mind that but the 343 has worked for us and we might need more time to get the players accustomed to say 433

I think 4-3-3 would really suit our squad but as you say they will have gotten used to playing the system that we currently play, no point in changing a winning formula.

Just now, BigAlim said:

I think 4-3-3 would really suit our squad but as you say they will have gotten used to playing the system that we currently play, no point in changing a winning formula.

IM Hoping longer term we will be able to play both because at times like last night the 343 does allow teams to overrun us in midfield. It also allows us to utilize McEneff. Hopefully next season we will be able to effectively switch between both,

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Simply because he isn’t good enough 

Absolute nonsense and how anyone can say that on the little they’ve seen beggars belief, he’s scored as many goals in the league as the four others who’ve played there put together. 
The manager just won’t play him as he prefers two DMs. 

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, CAR said:

I think Haring could do that in a three if necessary and is a better passer than Halkett.

19 minutes ago, CAR said:

IM Hoping longer term we will be able to play both because at times like last night the 343 does allow teams to overrun us in midfield. It also allows us to utilize McEneff. Hopefully next season we will be able to effectively switch between both,

Back 4 most of the game

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

Gotta be Hibs,as they have gone signing Tonto.

Would make sense for us to take him with our situation though.

Hibs were quoted in the press or online  as interested in Sibbick early in the window. Barnsley fans seem quite downbeat. 

40 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I was talking about GMS

But if we’re talking about Makay, it was his worst performance in a Hearts shirt yet

****ing incredible

If he's coming to Scotland, I would imagine he is coming to us, would definitely take him, hopefully a permanent deal.

2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Can only see it being us, Hobos or Aberdeen.

3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

They had a bid knocked back and signed someone else so im hoping it aint them

4 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

They've signed a couple of defenders since their bid for him was rejected plus they have that Porteous huddy so well covered you would think.

Edited by feej

Leveins Battalion

Yeah,good strong player.Only 22 aswell it's a no brainer.

Maybe Hibs signed the boy Rocky instead.

3 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Trying to find out which position he plays these days. Any idea?

5 minutes ago, john thomas said:

****ing incredible

What? You disagree? You think he’s played a worse game in a Hearts jersey than he did last night? You do know players aren’t perfect, right? They can have bad games.

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Yeah same. 

Though agree with others that I think Hibs may have moved on from him. Would take Sibbick but worth remembering that none of the football staff were around when he was last here, so its not like they have been used to coaching him.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

He's been playing centre back...

Would be a solid signing so hopefully he wants to come back here. Unfinished business etc.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

His centre back appearances have all been on the right of a back three this season

Screenshot 2022-01-27 at 16.47.11.png

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

What? You disagree? You think he’s played a worse game in a Hearts jersey than he did last night? You do know players aren’t perfect, right? They can have bad games.

I agree it was his worst performance .

To say it was his worse game yet implies he has had many bad games .

Maybe that wasn't what you meant ?

2 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

His centre back appearances have all been on the right of a back three this season

Screenshot 2022-01-27 at 16.47.11.png

Thanks, thanks for replies from other posters as well.  This sounds like it could be a goer then. Seems to be just what we need if JS is going this window. 

SomethingAboutObua

Would take Sibbick, but tbh I don't think the club's recruitment and management team would entertain looking at any ex players from the last 6 years. Could use a big CB/DM player though 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal