***Official Aberdeen FC Vs Heart of Midlothian FC Match Thread ***

MattyK82

TerribleTrio2017

Got a free  wheelchair assistant ticket South Stand (away support) going. I can meet you outside the South stand before kick off. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Cruyff

• daavojaay

• Gizmo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Anyone who thinks Gino or GMS start ahead of Barrie Mckay can’t have watched much of us at all.

The ONLY thing we are missing at the moment is goals. Good bit of that is confidence. Gino scores on Wed. He starts Sat. Anyone else scores a goal, they start the next game.  
ITS ALL ABOUT GOALS - AND WE AREN'T SCORING ENOUGH! 

highlandjambo3
6 minutes ago, Sid said:

The ONLY thing we are missing at the moment is goals. Good bit of that is confidence. Gino scores on Wed. He starts Sat. Anyone else scores a goal, they start the next game.  
ITS ALL ABOUT GOALS - AND WE AREN'T SCORING ENOUGH! 

We’re not “shooting on sight”…..soapy gave it a go twice over the last 2 games….one goal and one near miss.   Smith likes a good screamer and looked to have had an opportunity or two over the last couple of games but chose not to have a go….suppose Gin had a couple of side net shots but…..id like to see a few more long range shots 

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Ach Morgan, am nervous about the morn, then you read a lot of Tom tit. Go on the Hearts

Don't read your own posts then. 

10 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

We’re not “shooting on sight”…..soapy gave it a go twice over the last 2 games….one goal and one near miss.   Smith likes a good screamer and looked to have had an opportunity or two over the last couple of games but chose not to have a go….suppose Gin had a couple of side net shots but…..id like to see a few more long range shots 

Yeah we are a bit Arsenal in front of goal.

Break at pace. Give em something to think about. Do not give Brown a fn sniff.

3 hours ago, Homme said:

Mental. Brown would have a field day :lol:

Brown will be far too busy trying to get in Devlins head and kicking Beni

TerribleTrio2017
34 minutes ago, TerribleTrio2017 said:

Got a free  wheelchair assistant ticket South Stand (away support) going. I can meet you outside the South stand before kick off. 

Ticket gone

Byyy The Light
26 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Will be interesting to see who comes out top on that. Devlin will have to watch what he’s doing and not get sucked in

31 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Will be interesting to see who comes out top on that. Devlin will have to watch what he’s doing and not get sucked in

He’s overdue a red card if we’re honest, but not as overdue as Brown is. Devlin Gets in people’s faces. Good chance of one or both getting sent off tomorrow. If it’s just purely about the football Devlin will school him. It’s an interesting clash and could be the balancing factor in the game

Hackney Hearts

1-1 would have seemed the most likely result - but we've just had three of those in a row, and extending it to four seems implausible. So I think we'll either lose our first game - or take all 3 points.

2-1 either way.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Souttar had two on Wednesday, but has only scored 4 goals for us in total, Smith has scored about 3 goals in 4 years. We can’t really rely on them to be goalscorers. We need more attacking players on the pitch if we want score more goals. 
Shooting on sight would help a little but it has to be the right players doing it. 

6 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

He’s overdue a red card if we’re honest, but not as overdue as Brown is. Devlin Gets in people’s faces. Good chance of one or both getting sent off tomorrow. If it’s just purely about the football Devlin will school him. It’s an interesting clash and could be the balancing factor in the game

Devlin isn't a dirty player though so shouldn't be due a red. However, he is a pest, and refs love to book players for putting themselves about - unless your name is "Broony"

Really not sure. We should win this one,  but my worry is that we are not taking enough chances. I'm less concerned about us defensively - this is in the big game category so I expect our defence to step up and be relatively solid. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see us draw, again, but I'll be optimistic and predict 1-2.

8 hours ago, barcajambo said:

Don’t think Boyce is even in the squad.

I Hope this isn’t one of those, should be back for next game and then we don’t see him for over a month 

1 hour ago, DG_HMFC said:

Devlin isn't a dirty player though so shouldn't be due a red. However, he is a pest, and refs love to book players for putting themselves about - unless your name is "Broony"

No he’s not dirty, not like Brown is dirty. But he never shuts his mouth the whole game winding folk up and he’s a niggler and an ankle biter

9 hours ago, maroondevo52 said:

Third best defensive record, Aberdeen have lost almost double the goals we have.

I acknowledge both facts.

My issue is that goals and clean sheets have dried up. We miss so many chances every game and are starting to make mistakes at the back.

I would be interested to see where we rank with shots at goal (on and off target) to goals scored. I imagine we would have one of the lowest goal rates. We create so much but miss so many chances. Our strikers are quite awful. Gnando is poor and Boyce is really a penalty guy and even then he is only semi reliable at that.  That been said I am very happy with every other area of the park.

Today I predict us to win all the stats except the one that matters.

Edited by i8hibsh

The sheep have a defence out injured and possibly Ramirez too. We need to be on it sharpish and get into them. Huge game and I have a feeling Mackay and Ginely will have good games today. 0-2 the famous.

enjoy to those going 

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I acknowledge both facts.

My issue is that goals and clean sheets have dried up. We miss so many chances every game and are starting to make mistakes at the back.

I would be interested to see where we rank with shots at goal (on and off target) to goals scored. I imagine we would have one of the lowest goal rates. We create so much but miss so many chances. Our strikers are quite awful. Gnando is poor and Boyce is really a penalty guy and even then he is only semi reliable at that.  That been said I am very happy with every other area of the park.

Today I predict us to win all the stats except the one that matters.

open your curtains 🤣 we have +9 goal difference only bettered by Celtic 

9 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Don't read your own posts then. 

Now now First Minister, your football argument in the main is flawed, I mean wanting hibs to win, what was that all about.

11 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

The sheep have a defence out injured and possibly Ramirez too. We need to be on it sharpish and get into them. Huge game and I have a feeling Mackay and Ginely will have good games today. 0-2 the famous.

enjoy to those going 

Mackay needs to do more, imo.  He’s on the verge of GMS taking his place which is probably going to be a feature throughout the season. 

I felt Mackay just floated about on Wednesday. You look at the likes of Gino who puts aggression into his actions to try and properly influence the game in the last third.  Mackay needs to follow suit. 

AlphonseCapone
9 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

8 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

Could be wrong but I think Brown might have been starting at CB recently. 

Byyy The Light
1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Could be wrong but I think Brown might have been starting at CB recently. 

Haven’t been watching them or seen any highlights so you may well be right

A draw seems to be about the best we can hope for these days but fear it'll be our first defeat today. Sheep appear to have turned a corner and we're not taking our chances.

Hopefully not an omen, but I had a football dream (nightmare?) this morning. In it, Levein was our manager and he set us up in a 5-5-0 formation. I said to him, "That's a bit too defensive", and he replied, "It's stood us in good stead in the past. We defend as a team, and we attack as a team." Cue kick & rush primary school football. 😆

First defeat today. 2-0 sheep.

We will miss a couple of chances we should score  and gift them at least one goal with shambolic defending.

Will be very surprised if the sheep aren't pressing us from the start like St Johnston did on Wednesday as we totally feel apart at the back.

McKay has played alot of minutes since he signed so I'd bring Woodburn in to freshen things up. Aberdeen have been playing a kinda 3-4-1-2 system last couple of game so be interesting to see how the teams match up. Beni and Cammy have done a power of running and must be feeling it wouldn't be surprised if Haring came in.

56 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

enjoy to those going 

Aye, you're right, could be a good time to get them...

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/aberdeen-hopeful-christian-ramirez-will-be-fit-as-hearts-make-late-decision-on-striker-3438244

"The American striker went off against Rangers in midweek with a tight muscle but the Dons are optimistic the move prevented any lasting damage.

The hosts are still without defenders Declan Gallagher, Jack MacKenzie, Calvin Ramsay, Andrew Considine and Mikey Devlin along with wide player Matty Kennedy."

Def argument that playing a team who wont just sit in could suit us. Id play Ginnelly for pure pace for that reason.

Aberdeen will prob press 3 high against our defence so we'll need to be sharp. Good news is we have 2 cms who operate well in tight spots. Beat the press,release Gino, get it in the middle. Boom! Easy

Motherwell played a high press (quite well too) but we beat it.

I am feeling a tad depressed today for a number of reasons.  In this mood I cannot see Hearts scoring never mind winning.  Time for the happy pills.

0-0

HHGH

6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Souttar had two on Wednesday, but has only scored 4 goals for us in total, Smith has scored about 3 goals in 4 years. We can’t really rely on them to be goalscorers. We need more attacking players on the pitch if we want score more goals. 
Shooting on sight would help a little but it has to be the right players doing it. 

Smith is playing in an attacking position now though. He wasn't before.

I'm not saying he should now be our main goal threat, but the WBs should be chipping in.

Mostly though we have 3 forwards on the pitch and only one is contributing. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Jambos1983 said:

A draw seems to be about the best we can hope for these days but fear it'll be our first defeat today. Sheep appear to have turned a corner and we're not taking our chances.

We’ve drawn our last 3 games but given the 3 performances, a draw was the best we could have hoped for at Ibrox but the worst we could have hoped for or deserved against Dundee and Saints. 

We’re certainly not taking our chances, although I think we should be making more clear cut chances given the way we’re dominating games (Ibrox being an exception in that we probably had more clear cut chances than we could have expected from a poor performance - more if the officials had done their jobs properly). 

Ronald Villiers

I hope we horse these clowns.  Their fans are whiney half wits that are still living on their past glory's.  They don't think we'd take many more fans than the tickets we've been allocated and shout about them having a big travelling support.  What they fail to realise is that a large chunk of their travelling support stay in the Central Belt.  Tossers!

0-0

or 1-1.

or 2-1 either way.

However, could be massive drubbing for either team. 

I have not got a clue. 

‘Mon the Hearts. 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

2 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

I hope we horse these clowns.  Their fans are whiney half wits that are still living on their past glory's.  They don't think we'd take many more fans than the tickets we've been allocated and shout about them having a big travelling support.  What they fail to realise is that a large chunk of their travelling support stay in the Central Belt.  Tossers!

Great post. Can’t stand Aberdeen. It’s a different kind of dislike to the one I have for Celtic and Rangers but almost as strong. 

19 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

I am feeling a tad depressed today for a number of reasons.  In this mood I cannot see Hearts scoring never mind winning.  Time for the happy pills.

0-0

HHGH

Hope the team cheers you up at least a wee bit. 👍

58 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Aye, you're right, could be a good time to get them...

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/aberdeen-hopeful-christian-ramirez-will-be-fit-as-hearts-make-late-decision-on-striker-3438244

"The American striker went off against Rangers in midweek with a tight muscle but the Dons are optimistic the move prevented any lasting damage.

The hosts are still without defenders Declan Gallagher, Jack MacKenzie, Calvin Ramsay, Andrew Considine and Mikey Devlin along with wide player Matty Kennedy."

Would Jay Emmanuel Thomas step in for Ramirez? Don’t know how happy I’d be at that as he played well in our last game against them.

Captain Canada
12 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Anyone who thinks Gino or GMS start ahead of Barrie Mckay can’t have watched much of us at all.

McKay has looked dangerous but has no goals and one assist in 515 minutes of football for us. 

He should be up to full fitness now so needs to start delivering more. 

ScandinavianJambo

My two main worries are the goal drought and set pieces. 

Our defence is solid in open play but looks way too shaky at set pieces. 

Still think we will win, but it will be tight and congested in midfield. 

2-1 Hearts. Winner to be scored in the last 10 minutes by Big G..... 

Here is for hoping. Come on the JT! 

1 minute ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

My two main worries are the goal drought and set pieces. 

Our defence is solid in open play but looks way too shaky at set pieces. 

Still think we will win, but it will be tight and congested in midfield. 

2-1 Hearts. Winner to be scored in the last 10 minutes by Big G..... 

Here is for hoping. Come on the JT! 

We’ve only failed to score in 1 of our 16 games this season .. I wouldn’t call that a goal drought. We need to take more of our chances and stop giving away cheap ones.

13 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

McKay has looked dangerous but has no goals and one assist in 515 minutes of football for us. 

He should be up to full fitness now so needs to start delivering more. 

The same could be said for GMS and Woodburn.