Boyce*

McKay                    Gino

Beni   Cammy

Cochrane                    M. Smith 

Kingsley Halkett  Souttar 

Gordon 

*Gnando for Boyce if Boyce isn't fit

Gino deserves to keep his place. 

Can't see Neilson dropping Halkett. Cochrane back in for Halliday. 

Can’t play McKay on the left again surely. He was an empty jersey in that position the other night and ended up playing deep midfield. Devlin was playing further forward than him most of the second half. Play McKay more centrally behind Boyce and Ginelly or just give him a free role and let him wander, or play GMS.

Edited by JimmyCant

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Cruyff

• daavojaay

• Gizmo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope we've learned our lesson from the last game. Cochrane couldn't handle JET at all. If Cochrane plays, we need Moore at LCB. 

Am I correct in saying that Neilson has said nothing about Boyce and Cochrane's availability? If so, I fully support that.  

Hope we see them and McKay up top.  Time for the goals to fly in.

23 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I hope we've learned our lesson from the last game. Cochrane couldn't handle JET at all. If Cochrane plays, we need Moore at LCB. 

The great, marvelous JET. A curious affair. 

Unused sub last 2 games. On as sub 90+7, v Dundee. Unused sub 3 previous games. So basically last 6 games not rated to be used. 

Before that on as sub around 67 mins defeat to Motherwell, and draw with Ross County, on half time defeat to Qarabag after Hearts game. 

Edited by Mikey1874

1 minute ago, Barack said:

If its heavy rain itll be blowing sideways at Pittodrie not down 😒

Im outside Aberdeen but the rains not been that bad here so if its the same in town Id say yes id be confident. 

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The great, marvelous JET. A curious affair. 

Unused sub last 2 games. On as sub 90+7, v Dundee. Unused sub 3 previous games. So basically last 6 games not rated to be used. 

Before that on as sub around 67 mins defeat to Motherwell, and draw with Ross County, on half time defeat to Qarabag after Hearts game. 

Agreed, he's done next to nothing this season other than run riot for 20 mins against us :laugh:

You can bet Glass will return to him at some point in the game.

2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Agreed, he's done next to nothing this season other than run riot for 20 mins against us :laugh:

You can bet Glass will return to him at some point in the game.

If he comes on we should double up. Get Devlin on him. He probably doesn't fancy Scottish football. 

35 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Can’t play McKay on the left again surely. He was an empty jersey in that position the other night and ended up playing deep midfield. Devlin was playing further forward than him most of the second half. Play McKay more centrally behind Boyce and Ginelly or just give him a free role and let him wander, or play GMS.

Totally agree.

Kingsley and Cochrane are strong enough down the left on their own.

The left sided forward player needs to play a much more central role, in beside Boyce or Gnando, and get in the box picking up scraps.

Could we maybe go with a front two of Gnando and Boyce with McKay in behind ? Providing Boyce is fit that is? It might throw Aberdeen off a little bit if we go with 2 up top instead of just 1 in a sort of 3-5-2 or 3-4-1-2.

I just feel something needs to change as we are not scoring enough in our current format.

1 minute ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

Is this game available on Sheep Tv or The outer Hebrides Broadcasting Corporation or the like? 

You can buy direct from Aberdeen, link on Hearts website. or you can hope for a Hesgoal feed like me. Usually the hesgoal option is quite good from berdeen. I'll sus it out tomorrow.

18 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Could we maybe go with a front two of Gnando and Boyce with McKay in behind ? Providing Boyce is fit that is? It might throw Aberdeen off a little bit if we go with 2 up top instead of just 1 in a sort of 3-5-2 or 3-4-1-2.

I just feel something needs to change as we are not scoring enough in our current format.

If Boyce didn't even make the bench on Wednesday I doubt he'll start tomorrow. I'm expecting a similar line-up as started  Wednesday, maybe with Boyce on the bench and Cochrane starting.

Gordon,

Souttar   Halkett  Kingsley

Smith Beni Devlin  Mackay Cochrane 

Gino    Gnando

Personally I would like to see Walker involved playing high in the midfield five but who knows? We seem to be in experimental mode at the moment and relying too much on Boyce.  

Edited by upgotheheads

2 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

If Boyce didn't even make the bench on Wednesday I doubt he'll start tomorrow. I'm expecting a similar line-up as started  Wednesday, maybe with Boyce on the bench and Cochrane starting.

Gordon,

Souttar   Halkett  Kingsley

Smith Beni Devlin  Mackay Cochrane 

Gino    Gnanando

Personally I would like to see Walker involved playing high in the midfield five but who knows? We seem to be in experimental mode at the moment and relying too much on Boyce.  

We’d certainly be in experimental mode with McKay in centre mid!

2 minutes ago, WageThief said:

That's pretty much where he played on Wednesday

1 hour ago, SectionN said:

Any Aberdeen based jambos on here? With the heavy rain are we confident the game goes ahead tomorrow? 

It's been heavy for most of the day.At the moment,I would say the game Is safe but more rain forecast tomorrow until around Kick Off time.I think the wet weather may make journey times a bit longer but as of yet,I have heard nothing to suggest the game Is In any doubt.That could change but hopefully not.Hope that helps a wee bit

Just now, upgotheheads said:

I didn’t see that but it was his worst game so far, so if that is what we were trying I’d prefer to not see again.

6 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Mental. Brown would have a field day :lol:

29 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

Is this game available on Sheep Tv or The outer Hebrides Broadcasting Corporation or the like? 

Not sure the details 

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Yep, playing McKay on the left to accommodate Ginelly is like playing a man short. I’d try Ginelly on the left. Certainly took his goal well with his left foot on Wednesday. McKay is excellent on the right, largely ineffective on the left. 

11 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Didn’t think so. He spent most of second half on left wing.  First half he was switching with Ginelly. 

Captain Canada

I hope I'm wrong but I think another 1-1 is on the cards. 

If everyone's fit, I'd go for this team: 

Gordon

Souttar Halkett Kingsley 

Smith Beni Devlin Cochrane

Gino Boyce GMS

Subs: Stewart, Haring, Walker, Armand, Woodburn, McKay and Moore 

GMS is a goal threat and also good at making defenders commit to tackles in and around the box. Ginnelly should be high on confidence after Wednesday. 

I had a look at our league stats earlier and 32% of our shots this season have been on target with 37% of those resulting in goals but that includes penalties and direct free kicks.

The obvious problem is our lack of goals from open play but I don't see that improving much with the players we have. 

McKay, Woodburn, Gino and GMS should all be looking at trying to score double figures this season. 

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Surely Kingsley at LCB? 

He was injured the last Aberdeen game so will be why Cochrane played there and not LWB. Kingsley also playing very well since he came back in don’t think you can drop him 

Can't see us winning. We miss too many chances. Until we get a decent striker then it is going to be same old shit.

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Can't see us winning. We miss too many chances. Until we get a decent striker then it is going to be same old shit.

Third top scorers in the league. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Barack said:

No danger, rains off now, it will drain. Rain tomorrow not so heavy and possibly missing the coast. 

Anyone got a ticket for me for supplying this important information?

Walter Bishop

Think this will be a very tight game, my head says draw my heart says a win for the jambos. 

Think there will be a red card though, Can see Devlin smashing Brown. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Tough game, we shouldn’t underestimate Aberdeen at all. Poorly balanced squad but good players 

Might depend on which team has freshest minds and legs

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Think this will be a very tight game, my head says draw my heart says a win for the jambos. 

Can see Brown smashing Devlin and Devlin getting the red card 😞

If we can turn possession into goals then someone is going to get a doing, hopefully the sheep will be the first to experience the said doing!

10 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Aberdeen 2-4 Heart of Midlothian

Don't think they will score . Comfortable 0-4 with 3 players getting their first goals for The Famous Heart of Midlothian 

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hearts need to up things. 

Control of games is there but they need to do more with it to make it count. 

Drift around or make a statement. 

Ffs no shit Sherlock.

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

If he comes on we should double up. Get Devlin on him. He probably doesn't fancy Scottish football. 

Knows his stuff, not.

1 hour ago, Captain Canada said:

I hope I'm wrong but I think another 1-1 is on the cards. 

If everyone's fit, I'd go for this team: 

Gordon

Souttar Halkett Kingsley 

Smith Beni Devlin Cochrane

Gino Boyce GMS

Subs: Stewart, Haring, Walker, Armand, Woodburn, McKay and Moore 

GMS is a goal threat and also good at making defenders commit to tackles in and around the box. Ginnelly should be high on confidence after Wednesday. 

I had a look at our league stats earlier and 32% of our shots this season have been on target with 37% of those resulting in goals but that includes penalties and direct free kicks.

The obvious problem is our lack of goals from open play but I don't see that improving much with the players we have. 

McKay, Woodburn, Gino and GMS should all be looking at trying to score double figures this season. 

I reckon that will be close to starting 11.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Anyone who thinks Gino or GMS start ahead of Barrie Mckay can’t have watched much of us at all.

Some folk are on the bingo. 

Bazzas right boot
44 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

What's your body telling you? 

😁

20 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Anyone who thinks Gino or GMS start ahead of Barrie Mckay can’t have watched much of us at all.

I do and I will be at game so we will see.

11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Some folk are on the bingo. 

Listen First Minister, that was not funny the first time you said it, but you crack on zzzzzzz, another kber who will be nowhere near Pittodrie the morn.

53 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Ffs no shit Sherlock.

52 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Knows his stuff, not.

:lol: 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Third top scorers in the league. 

Third best defensive record, Aberdeen have lost almost double the goals we have.