***Official Aberdeen FC Vs Heart of Midlothian FC Match Thread ***

MattyK82

15 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s definitely made a difference but we weren’t exactly creating loads of chances and scoring for fun before that. Can you name any one in ones or sitters we’ve missed, them can’t think of one to be honest.
Teams have sussed out the tactics. 

I think we were creating a great deal more chances through the early games in the season, mate, tbf.

You hit the nail on the head when you mentioned our possession in the Aberdeen game - 49%. These games that I am talking about we were up to 60-70% possession in some cases.

The real reason that I think you cant remember any real clear cut chances is that we had a really high shots off target to shots on target. What was it in the Dundee game, 21 shots and 4 on target. That's a lot even for one of the OF, only they would generally be more clinical with their finishing.

We were basically creating a lot of chances but not making the keeper work in most cases but regardless, having high numbers of shots at goal, just with most of them not being on target. Probably more to do with the fact that our final ball wasn't there in most cases.

The last few games we have been much more predictable (for want of a better word) in our play, and we need to try and get back to doing what we were doing before this. The last few games, especially the Aberdeen game, reminded me of last season at times, but I don't think its fair to compare what we were like last season, as to how we started this season, as our overall play was like night and day in comparison.  Its really just the last 3 games or so, we have stalled a bit. 

The one thing that we haven't yet done (with the 343 system) is double up on the full backs. Get more balls in behind on the wings. That will take more co-ordination with the wing backs and wingers on each side but its almost at times like they play separately linking with the Centre of midfield and back line without linking with each other. That and the fact that Gnando just cant make the ball stick. 

If there is one slight concern (for me) its that with the players that we have, the more time they start to gel with each other you would think that the more games that they play together, the better they will be. Every side hits little slumps, we are no different so hopefully that's all it is. 

Anyway, here's hoping for a much better performance and reaction this week. If we can take the 3 points a bit of daylight will open up in front of us - 3 points ahead in 3rd to be exact. That I would have snapped your hand off for, and if I was asked at the start of the season 🤞

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Cruyff

• daavojaay

• Gizmo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I think we were creating a great deal more chances through the early games in the season, mate, tbf.

You hit the nail on the head when you mentioned our possession in the Aberdeen game - 49%. These games that I am talking about we were up to 60-70% possession in some cases.

The real reason that I think you cant remember any real clear cut chances is that we had a really high shots off target to shots on target. What was it in the Dundee game, 21 shots and 4 on target. That's a lot even for one of the OF, only they would generally be more clinical with their finishing.

We were basically creating a lot of chances but not making the keeper work in most cases but regardless, having high numbers of shots at goal, just with most of them not being on target. Probably more to do with the fact that our final ball wasn't there in most cases.

The last few games we have been much more predictable (for want of a better word) in our play, and we need to try and get back to doing what we were doing before this. The last few games, especially the Aberdeen game, reminded me of last season at times, but I don't think its fair to compare what we were like last season, as to how we started this season, as our overall play was like night and day in comparison.  Its really just the last 3 games or so, we have stalled a bit. 

The one thing that we haven't yet done (with the 343 system) is double up on the full backs. Get more balls in behind on the wings. That will take more co-ordination with the wing backs and wingers on each side but its almost at times like they play separately linking with the Centre of midfield and back line without linking with each other. That and the fact that Gnando just cant make the ball stick. 

If there is one slight concern (for me) its that with the players that we have, the more time they start to gel with each other you would think that the more games that they play together, the better they will be. Every side hits little slumps, we are no different so hopefully that's all it is. 

Anyway, here's hoping for a much better performance and reaction this week. If we can take the 3 points a bit of daylight will open up in front of us - 3 points ahead in 3rd to be exact. That I would have snapped your hand off for, and if I was asked at the start of the season 🤞

Fair enough, I’m not sure shots either of or on target are what I would call chances but we really need to get back on track. 
The link up between the wingers and wing backs hasn’t been great as you say, getting in each other’s way I think. 
Looking forward to Saturday already. 

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Fair enough, I’m not sure shots either of or on target are what I would call chances but we really need to get back on track. 
The link up between the wingers and wing backs hasn’t been great as you say, getting in each other’s way I think. 
Looking forward to Saturday already. 

So am I.  Good solid win.  Back on track.  We will get 9 points in November if we're as good as I think we are.

If only Ronaldo and Lewandowski had been born in Sighthill.  Just seen them on the news highlights.  Another 5 goals against high class opposition.

How the other half live.

bringonthesevco
On 01/11/2021 at 12:50, Pasquale for King said:

I agree but they do pass the ball sideways and backwards when Boyce is the team also, the manager bangs on about possession. We had 49% possession on Saturday and we were awful from start to finish with 5 formation changes. 

The last 2 games before Boyce was injured didn’t we have 40 shots (I accept most were off target and awful) - then in the 2 games he’s out we manage a combined 5 shots …

MR INCREDIBLE

Most if the Loony Tunes in here just look at the match stats. and that is a barometer on the teams performance.

Could it just be that maybe Aberdeen were a better team than some of the other opposition we’ve played and that had an effect on our chances created.

Just a thought!!!

15 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Most if the Loony Tunes in here just look at the match stats. and that is a barometer on the teams performance.

Could it just be that maybe Aberdeen were a better team than some of the other opposition we’ve played and that had an effect on our chances created.

Just a thought!!!

I haven't looked at the stats or watched the highlights. We were rubbish, Aberdeen were no great shakes either but when they have total dominance of the midfield for an entire half and we were unable to do anything about it you don't really need stats, just eyes.

2 hours ago, bringonthesevco said:

The last 2 games before Boyce was injured didn’t we have 40 shots (I accept most were off target and awful) - then in the 2 games he’s out we manage a combined 5 shots …

Playing Gnando, and not being able to play Boyce has had an impact, most definitely 

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, bringonthesevco said:

We had 17 shots at Perth and 4 on target, shots on goal are not all chances. As I said I can think of very few great chances or one on ones we’ve missed this season. 

On 01/11/2021 at 11:34, Gizmo said:

Good man. Remember to drop one before you get out at an early floor too. 😆

Johno at his age does that as a matter of course, irrespective of who is in the lift.

:peepwall:

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

We had 17 shots at Perth and 4 on target, shots on goal are not all chances. As I said I can think of very few great chances or one on ones we’ve missed this season. 

Avg Shots on Target per 90mins As at 03/11

Celtic 6.75

Rangers 6.25

Dundee Utd 4.33

Aberdeen 4.17

Dundee 4.00

Hibs 4.00

St.Mirren 4.00

Hearts 3.92

Ross County 3.91

Motherwell 3.75

Livingston 2.67

St.Johnstone 2.58

From Pie & Bovril twitter

Edited by Gizmo

On 03/11/2021 at 12:34, Gizmo said:

Avg Shots on Target per 90mins As at 03/11

Celtic 6.75

Rangers 6.25

Dundee Utd 4.33

Aberdeen 4.17

Dundee 4.00

Hibs 4.00

St.Mirren 4.00

Hearts 3.92

Ross County 3.91

Motherwell 3.75

Livingston 2.67

St.Johnstone 2.58

From Pie & Bovril twitter

That's the best stat I've seen for showing where we've come up short. Not a huge gap between us and the non-OF clubs but clearly we need to hit the frame more often.