***Official Aberdeen FC Vs Heart of Midlothian FC Match Thread ***

MattyK82

Seeing as it’s less than 2 days away, thought I’d start this one.

The 🐑 seemed to have found a wee bit of form going into this one. Never an easy fixture up there. However, the way we’ve played thus far this season gives me optimism that we can go and take the 3 points. 

I suspect with them being the home team, they will come at us which may suit our play. If we can continue to dominate the ball, move it well, get into good areas and create chances like we have done in most games, we will be fine (we just need to be a bit more clinical). 

I thought Gnando did well last night. The only thing missing was a goal. That being said, hopefully Boyce is fit.

Really hoping for a win in this one. Not just for the 3 pts. But because the wife is 🐑 fan. Need those bragging rights 😉

1-2

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Cruyff

• daavojaay

• Gizmo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

August Landmesser

Had we won one or both of the last two games, I'd have accepted a draw up there. Now though, really need a win. No reason why we can't get one though, we're a lot better than we were when we played them at Tynie, and like you say, they should come onto us which will suit our game.

Could be a cracker, 3-1 JTs (optimistic!)

It would be a surprise if they didn't come at us. However, I hope we've been working on counter attacking as all too often recently we've given teams all the time needed to get there defense in shape, if not their entire team behind the ball.

Hoping we win but got a bad feeling about this one, If we don't finish our chances it's going to be a difficult game, they have hit form at the wrong time for us. I've got a gut feeling we will lose 2-1 hope I'm wrong.

7 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Upfront

Lovely🇱🇻

Gnando and Devlin in attack then👍 I'd give Boyce the last half hour though

Edited by Longbaws

We really, really need to be prepared to counter the high press. St Johnstone played that early on last night and our defence was all over the place. Plus, if their performance at Ibrox is anything to go by, it’s a system that Glass has stumbled on. Perhaps Moore instead of Halkett might be an option - he seems more comfortable on the ball and less prone to panic if being hassled by an opposition forward.

33 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Broon will half Devlin and or Beni early. Bank on it. 

Good shout. Probably worthwhile having Naismith on the bench then

35 minutes ago, Canscot said:

He'll try, but both are as, if not more, streetwise as him. In fact, watch Devlin "Brellier" Broon.

Aberdeen have hit a bit of form just in time for this one. I still think, other than the Old Firm, they’ve looked like the best team we’ve played this season. First 45 at Tynecastle we were better, second 45 was all them and we were lucky to draw.

Keep it tight at the back and take our chances and I think we can get a win. Hoping Boyce is fit enough to play.

Aberdeen have beaten a shit Hibs and got a decent draw at Ibrox (as we did).

If we play as we did 2nd half in Perth they won’t beat us. Nothing to be afraid of with that mob. Possession will be key and with Boyce back we will be fine.

they are  a tinpot club and rightfully bottom 6

Not necessarily a bad thing that Aberdeen have had a couple of decent results. Playing a bit of counter attacking football might suit us. Hope Ginnelly keeps his place for that reason.

Really hope Naismith isn't in Devlin's ear telling him to get stuck into Brown. Just ignore him and play your own game would be my advice. Last thing we need is a red card.

1-2 or 1-3 Hearts win.   Boyce, Ginnelly, Kingsley for a three to one victory seems viable to me.

Should be another entertaining match!   I'm expecting a battle for control of the game.    I think we've been fairly disciplined enough to come out on top.    Some slack defending on a set piece to cost us another goal.    Hopefully we score first. 

2 hours ago, Canscot said:

Brown will wind Devlin up, Devlin will bite and get sent off NAP.

11 minutes ago, obua said:

Brown will wind Devlin up, Devlin will bite and get sent off NAP.

The wee man is good at the wind up game too😂. Could go either way maybe?

46 minutes ago, Canscot said:

The wee man is good at the wind up game too😂. Could go either way maybe?

Devlin is impish. Brown is psychopathic. What I hope to see is Benni running rings around him.

gordon

smith moore souttar cochrane

cammy beni

woodburn

gino boyce bmckay       433 and woodburn would create like he does for team already still have width but more in midfield                                             and more support in attack. Team I would play anyway dunno if robbies brain sees this far though

Time for Smith to be benched. Moore can play there. We'll need to be tight up there and folk talking  about all out attack away at pittodrie , are full of shite. 

Hopefully sneak a win, but I'll take a point.

Edited by ri Alban

LivingstonJambo99

Only one change needed from the draw midweek (Cochrane in for Halliday). 

I have a seen a number of posters question the formation and style of play over the last few days, however in my opinion this is not the case. 

Our two wing backs and two players supporting the striker have to contribute far more goals and assists similar to the way Chelsea play this system in the premier league. 

1-0 Hearts and Gino to score again 

Dont think we'll have as much possession as we had in the previous 2 games, but chances will come, more so on the break.

Tough game ahead, with Aberdeen having a bit of a revival, hopefully we take our chances when they come along, for a change.

Sneak a we 1-2 win, but I'd settle for a  1-1.

Psychologically, that late Rangers equalizer on Wednesday will have stung their confidence.  Here's hoping so anyway.

If both teams play to their strengths, we should win but I do worry about our ability to take our chances.

Bazzas right boot

Another draw is very Likley, which Tbh wouldn't be a bad result on it's own. 

It wil mean we need to win our next few home games tho to even stay 3rd.

They are big and physical and have a few players back from injury so will be a difficult fixture. 

If the game is tight I'd like to see walker or McEneff from the bench. 

I'd go with Gino again and maybe even GMS in the middle behind Gnando. 

1-1

Edited by Smith's right boot

letsalldothebeattie

2-1 win for the famous. Yes Aberdeen seem to have appeared to turn a corner but I still think we will have too much for them

Gino & Woodburn with the goals & added bonus Cammy Devlin to out arsehole Scott Brown

August Landmesser
35 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Psychologically, that late Rangers equalizer on Wednesday will have stung their confidence.  Here's hoping so anyway.

Not by the looks of things at FT on Sportscene. Celebrating losing a 2-goal lead like they'd won a cup.

Tinpot club.

10 hours ago, Boris said:

He'll try, but both are as, if not more, streetwise as him. In fact, watch Devlin "Brellier" Broon.

Please make it so. I LOVE it when a bully gets bullied!

Let's be honest this game looks harder than it might have a couple of weeks ago.  Think this might be quite open.  2-2

Big physical side and we will have to deal with the cross ball better than we have of late. We must carry a threat though, we have capable players that need to have a go rather than safe passing, tough but winnable game.

jambo-in-furness

We had the beating of Aberdeen at Tynie until they brought on that big Emanuel Thomas or “Jet” that they got from Livingston.  
Hearts have added Devlin and McKay since then,  

Head says draw,  heart hoping for a 2-0 victory.

7 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Game of the weekend unless you are Sky. 

Absolutely ridiculous the Scottish Premiership fixtures that haven’t been televised already this season! 

Lewis looks a shadow of the keeper he was 2 seasons ago.If we shoot we can score.Really need some goals from midfield and this could be the day if they are told to hit them rather than walk them in.

Wonder which one of our players referee S. Brown will red card? My money’s on Devlin.

If it wasn’t for the feeling we’re going to be done by officials yet again, I’d be predicting 2-0 Hearts. Thought we played really well in the second half in Perth.

12 hours ago, Canscot said:

He will goad either Beni or  Devlin into a red card. Big test for the young guys. Can they stay composed in the face of his antics. 

I see that Kevin Clancy is the man in charge tomorrow. I hope that he deals with Brown properly.  He’s had a bit of a habit of ignoring his antics. 

Always the pessimist, I see us losing this one. Only 3 wins in our past 10 games and no wins in last 3 isn't great.

We do create but don't put away many chances, so we need to create about 15 opportunities per goal. That's going to catch up on us sooner, rather than later.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
17 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I see that Kevin Clancy is the man in charge tomorrow. I hope that he deals with Brown properly.  He’s had a bit of a habit of ignoring his antics. 

Gave us 2 pens against the Sheep 3 years back, on that basis, maybe not the worst.

First time I have been locked out of Pittodrie in my puff, could sit in amongst them easily, but not the matchday experience for me Cormack ya welt

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Haven't lost in 16 league matches and wont do so until December. However probably have to suffer another couple of 1-1 draws at least, quite possibly another tomorrow. 

Cut out the sloppy goals Hearts