***Official St Johnstone FC Vs Heart of Midlothian FC Match Thread***

gregzy2k7

Just now, Hearts007 said:

hopefully pitch has better drainage than your back garden 😉

Haha it's usually pretty good to be fair, but I can usually gauge how flooded the golf course is by how bad the back garden is :lol: 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff

• Hearts007

• GinRummy

• Harry Potter

1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Haha it's usually pretty good to be fair, but I can usually gauge how flooded the golf course is by how bad the back garden is :lol: 

😄

22 minutes ago, dsk1210 said:

You could have signed up for Hearts international for £13 a month and used a VPN.

Yes I've just twigged what JT was meaning.

It's not really a big deal for me as I usually travel to away games. 

Just can't make tonight though. 

Still I'm doing my bit to help a lovable wee club that helped to keep Hibs mits of trophies last season. 

Just now, luckydug said:

Yes I've just twigged what JT was meaning.

It's not really a big deal for me as I usually travel to away games. 

Just can't make tonight though. 

Still I'm doing my bit to help a lovable wee club that helped to keep Hibs mits of trophies last season. 

No problem, just think it is always better for folk to get Hearts TV as the cash goes to us and it vastly improved with interviews, highlights, build up and Lawrie still speaking through a tin can.

17 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I wonder if Walker will start, might be his chance to prove himself. Gnanduillet had his chance last week and all he's proven to me is he's mince. Doesn't seem to have the mindset needed.

I would be surprised to see Walker ever again in a Hearts shirt, shocking signing by Levein to ever bring him back.

21 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I wonder if Walker will start, might be his chance to prove himself. Gnanduillet had his chance last week and all he's proven to me is he's mince. Doesn't seem to have the mindset needed.

On the bench 

Interesting line up. Didn’t see Halliday starting but could be a masterstroke as we will need some real dig . 
come on the Hearts 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Just now, Baxfee said:

An aside -  if hibs draw or win they do us a favour. They must just hate the thought of that. C’mon the jambos  

Nah. Over the course of the season Rangers and Celtic will pull away from us, infact I'd go as far to say that Celtic look like the team on the up. It's starting to come together for Ange. So personally, I hope they hump Hibs as third place is our realistic target. 

3 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Capture.JPG.e040b613a2fd30f0a74496a8b6ce9283.JPG

Looks like Gnando to get 90 minutes and Kingsley might come off later for Cochrane.    Two forwards and a spare defensive sub.  

Decent lineup.    Hope it goes well.    No Rooney for St Johnstone tonight helps our left side.   At least I think he's out. 

Unless Cochrane took a little knock in training, I'm very surprised by his omission. He's been among the top performers. 

However. I will trust Boabs judgement. 

Prove us all wrong again. 

Cochrane hasn't really been much of a threat down the wing so Halliday isn't such a backward step there. He was disappointing in his decision making against Aberdeen but can be a goal threat. 

Changes made. I do think we need to improve our attacking threat. Great if it works tonight. 

1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

Looks like Gnando to get 90 minutes and Kingsley might come off later for Cochrane.    Two forwards and a spare defensive sub.  

Decent lineup.    Hope it goes well.    No Rooney for St Johnstone tonight helps our left side.   At least I think he's out. 

if it goes ahead

Just now, Cruyff said:

Looks like 4-3-3 with Halliday at LCM but maybe he's just playing LWB? 🤔 

It’s a 3-4-3 with Halliday at wing back I think. Cochrane surely carrying a knock. 

How on earth can it be in danger of being called off at this late stage? Has it been torrential rain up there? Absolute sickner for folk that are travelling up if it it's. 

2 minutes ago, copa-mundial said:

Unless Cochrane took a little knock in training, I'm very surprised by his omission. He's been among the top performers. 

However. I will trust Boabs judgement. 

Prove us all wrong again. 

I think it's always a difficult decision of who to rest. Maybe as a younger player still learning Cochrane might benefit from being taken out.

Just now, jambo1975 said:

How on earth can it be in danger of being called off at this late stage? Has it been torrential rain up there? Absolute sickner for folk that are travelling up if it it's. 

Can depend on when the referee is able to get there. 

1 minute ago, jambo1975 said:

It's been absolutely torrential for the last hour or so.

1 minute ago, JMuir94 said:

Nothing like travelling all the way to Perth and then seeing a pitch inspection an hour before kick off !

Would imagine most will be on their way right now. Swift exit at the next junction.

Edited by hughesie27

Just now, JMuir94 said:

Nothing like travelling all the way to Perth and then seeing a pitch inspection an hour before kick off !

Feel for you. Horrible when that happens

Rainfall radar shows some very heavy rain for about three hours, it does look a bit less just at the moment, but it must be a possibility. 

2 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Rainfall radar shows some very heavy rain for about three hours, it does look a bit less just at the moment, but it must be a possibility. 

wonder if the ref knows that😕

...andFulton'sBaggio

Game on!

Glad to see halliday in. He's just the sort character we need in a game like this. 

Cochrane and Woodburn rested, fair enough. Big chance for Ginnelly. He's got the pace we've been missing, just needs to get on the same wavelength as Gnando. 

2-1 Hearts. C'mooooon!!!!

Ps. Could be a flexible 3-4-3 / 4-3-3...