***Official St Johnstone FC Vs Heart of Midlothian FC Match Thread***

gregzy2k7

Kidd’s Boots

Interesting changes tonight, Halliday has goals in him and we need those from other areas. Should be testing their keeper as often as possible on a night like this. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff

• Hearts007

• GinRummy

• Harry Potter

Are there no live games on sky yet again tonight or is my TV guide telling porkies? Surely not, Dungcaster wouldn’t let that happen would he…? 

Just now, jamtartan74 said:

Are there no live games on sky yet again tonight or is my TV guide telling porkies? Surely not, Dungcaster wouldn’t let that happen would he…? 

Correct, no games again.

Just now, jamtartan74 said:

They chose not to bother. 

Don't worry though, you can watch Preston v the Liverpool Third team instead. 

:vrface:

best in the land
1 hour ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

For anyone paying £17.50, look into getting yourself iptv on a firestick, save you a fortune over the season

Wish i was more savvy to know how this works and how to get it.

Not really clued up on these though. 

Have to play both the opposition and the conditions tonight. Definitely a night for a shoot on sight policy, and try and make the shots low and hard. All goalies hate that type of shot in wet weather and a very wet grassy pitch.

Have to use BBA tonight. BRAINS BRAWN ABILITY.

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Correct, no games again.

This is actually a disgrace, wtf are we doing allowing this to happen, u have Rangers v Aberdeen and h1b5 v Celtic as the big games (obviously ours is the biggest) and yet again no live games 🙄 will be watching our game anyway but only just looked and realised we don’t have any Scottish games on sky, get BT back at least they seemed to care about our game and better coverage. 

Just now, best in the land said:

Wish i was more savvy to know how this works and how to get it.

Not really clued up on these though. 

So easy mate. Buy a firestick search for novastreams and their tutorial is excellent. I have hearts tv international so I pay my cash to the club though as I couldn't live with myself if I knicked it.

You could get a vpn and htv international, that way the only thing your cheating is the crappy uk licencing authorities. Not the club.

5 minutes ago, tian447 said:

They chose not to bother. 

Don't worry though, you can watch Preston v the Liverpool Third team instead. 

:vrface:

Yippee 😂 exciting times. 

Fozzyonthefence
33 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

An aside -  if hibs draw or win they do us a favour. They must just hate the thought of that. C’mon the jambos  

A draw would be good but I don’t think a Hibs win does us a favour.  We’re competing with Hibs for a European spot,  we’re not competing with Celtic. Don’t get your hopes up, I’ve made that mistake before!

Bazzas right boot
37 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

An aside -  if hibs draw or win they do us a favour. They must just hate the thought of that. C’mon the jambos  

A win helps hibs, sure they fans want a win for them. 

A draw would be good, but Likley we are competing with hibs for third so them getting a mouth raping isn't a bad thing either. 

bobby bombscare

For those who have bought the stream, how did you do it? I can't seem to buy the stream for the life of me. Just says season ticket holders and international bit nowhere for me to buy the stream?! 

Fozzyonthefence
20 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Game on

But for how long?!  Must be a real chance it won’t finish (if it does indeed start - must have been in doubt for a pitch inspection and it’s still absolutely lashing down, or at least it is in Fife).

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

A win helps hibs, sure they fans want a win for them. 

A draw would be good, but Likley we are competing with hibs for third so them getting a mouth raping isn't a bad thing either. 

For once I agree with you! 

1 minute ago, Led Tasso said:

HeartsTV has no video right now, or am I doing something wrong?

The show hasn’t started on the away team stream on saints tv either so probably nothing till about 7:30

Fozzyonthefence
41 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

We look pretty weak up front but chance for Ginnelly and Gnando to start a game for a change.  They need to show much more than they have done so far in their cameo appearances though. 

The last time i was at McDiarmid, it was a day like today, Cochrane got sent off and Laff missed a sitter. Bunch of lads got huckle out for drinking in the toilets. :lol: I don't envy those making the trip tonight 

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

We look pretty weak up front but chance for Ginnelly and Gnando to start a game for a change.  They need to show much more than they have done so far in their cameo appearances though. 

so true

Just now, GinRummy said:

The show hasn’t started on the away team stream on saints tv either so probably nothing till about 7:30

Ah, thanks. I'd thought kickoff was at 7:!5 for some reason.

3 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

HeartsTV has no video right now, or am I doing something wrong?

A bit early for them.  Usually 19:30.

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Conditions could change the nature of the game but I’m not sure playing both Halliday and Smith at wing backs at the same time works?

You play one and the opposite side having pace(Cochrane obv). We end up too deep with those two.  Still a bit curious to how we get support to Gnando through the middle quicker?   I suppose it’s up to our wide men to have a good night.  

2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Conditions could change the nature of the game but I’m not sure playing both Halliday and Smith at wing backs at the same time works?

You play one and the opposite side having pace(Cochrane obv). We end up too deep with those two.  Still a bit curious to how we get support to Gnando through the middle quicker?   I suppose it’s up to our wide men to have a good night.  

Trying to suck them in and feed Gino and McKay to move the ball quickly to Gnando? Going to sit quite deep? Relying on `Gnando holding the ball up?

Edited by GinRummy

Really looking forward to this as per.  Very disappointed with the Scotland cricket result.  Sincerely hope that's going to be the only disappointment.   

Off topic, I'm watching Udinese v Verona and I'm hearing "you'll never walk alone", "God save the queen".   fans singing to the tune of.    Not certain the lyrics are the same.    Crazy atmosphere for an Italian match.   finished 1-1

Back on topic.    Come on the Hearts! 

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

For once I agree with you! 

Funny that, For once I am doubting  myself. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Trying to suck them in and feed Gino and McKay to move the ball quickly to Gnando? Going to sit quite deep? Relying on `Gnando holding the ball up?

Possibly, but it’s a horrible night and a big ask for a couple of rusty players who’ve not played much recently.

Of course, it goes without saying you expect professionals to show guts and determination no matter what, we all do tonight, but it’s not always that straight forward, esp away from home.  This lot love the physical battle and it’d have been preferable to have someone facing them who’s in a rhythm and playing with confidence. 

We don’t  have that luxury, tonight,  so Gnando needs to find his game from the first minute. 

Just now, tian447 said:

Getting anything on it yet, or has the stream not started?

Blank screen for me 😕 

stream not started yet

3 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Off topic, I'm watching Udinese v Verona and I'm hearing "you'll never walk alone", "God save the queen".   fans singing to the tune of.    Not certain the lyrics are the same.    Crazy atmosphere for an Italian match.   finished 1-1

Back on topic.    Come on the Hearts! 

About 140 composers have used the tune in their compositions.
Ludwig van Beethoven composed a set of seven piano variations in the key of C major to the theme of "God Save the King", catalogued as WoO.78 (1802–1803). He also quotes it in his orchestral work Wellington's Victory.

Wiki, not me.

Just now, Debut 4 said:

Possibly, but it’s a horrible night and a big ask for a couple of rusty players who’ve not played much recently.

Of course, it goes without saying you expect professionals to show guts and determination no matter what, we all do tonight, but it’s not always that straight forward, esp away from home.  This lot love the physical battle and it’d have been preferable to have someone facing them who’s in a rhythm and playing with confidence. 

We don’t  have that luxury, tonight,  so Gnando needs to find his game from the first minute. 

He needs support. It’s not entirely clear how that’s going to happen. Maybe it’s as simple as McKay and Gino being instructed to hit the goal line rather than cut inside. Not the line up I expected or hoped for tbh but Be interesting to see how it pans out. Cochrane mist have a knock or something surely.