***Official Ross County vs Heart Of Midlothian Match Thread***

William H. Bonney

Jambof3tornado
10 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Pressure on, lol.😀, im sure hes ready. for it.

Hope he gets three

Pressure on because he's been disappointed with not getting game time. Fingers crossed.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harry Potter

• King prawn

• GinRummy

• Hearts1975

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, Hungry hippo said:

I didn't see that coming at all.  A lot if work for Beni to do.

And by the grace of God he will get through it!

Bazzas right boot

Bobmeister mixing it up. 

It was one of my issues last time, he seemed to change things just for the banter. 

However v the "lesser" teams you might see this more often, or it may be that he trusts guys like McKay, Beni and Woodburn to cover the midfield ground better. 

Gnando and Boyce haven't really impressed together before but it's a whole new midfield so let's see what happens. 

Just ****ing beat them

3 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

No but I regularly see busses up here heading south with one or the other cheek colours on display 

Got a mate in Inverness who emailed this morning as he sometimes watches county bit Celtic are his main team. 

Are you in nverness?  

The Goalscoring Knee

Wrong-footed all of us with that ine-up, it seems. Also pleasing that there's a marked lack of moaning in discussion. FWIW, 4-1-3-2, I think.

7 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

Could be that shape with Moore RWB, Kingsley his usual LCB role and one of the 'wingers' covering LWB

Oooh this is exciting.

Actually, I think that might be it. McKay and GMS as wing backs. Which is exciting!

Not sure about that line-up. Swapping a defender out for an attacker makes sense given the opposition and Smith's injury, but doing that AND swapping out Haring for another attacker seems questionable. Central midfield has been the strongest outfield part of our team this season imo, and the extra protection might be needed given we've been shaky with a back 4.

Chucking all your attacking players on the pitch at the same time sounds great in theory but it doesn't always work out in practice. Perhaps I'm underestimating Woodburn's ability to play in central midfield, though.

The Mighty Thor
10 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

So Smith goes out and the formation goes too. Fair play. Let's hammer that twat McGregor and his minions.

This 👍

My head is hurting trying to work out this attacking formation!  Looks like a a back 4 with Beni just in front with Gnado up front and Boyce as a 10.  Surprised a bit as a back 3 has been successful so far.

Looking forward to see how this set up works. Many of us been crying out for a more attacking approach, but I do understand being more cautious against top half sides early in the season. 

14 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Ross Callachan 🙈

From seeing his performance at a family wedding a couple of weeks ago I don't think we need to worry too much about him

Hackney Hearts
21 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

He's contributed F all so far.

Not sure why people are saying this? He set up the opener against Celtic and the made the clincher at Tannadice. He helped change the game in the second half at Parkhead. From memory, he's had attempts on target against Hibs and Utd, it's not exactly F all.

Agree we'd all like to see more from him though, we know what he's capable of.

27 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

That is an exciting line up.   Glad I can catch the game on Alba but if ****s up the Saturday trying to avoid the scores.  

Really looking forward to watching it now. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

It could still be a 3 at the back in theory.

3-5-2 with Kingsley at left midfield.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, keifrb said:

My head is hurting trying to work out this attacking formation!  Looks like a a back 4 with Beni just in front with Gnado up front and Boyce as a 10.  Surprised a bit as a back 3 has been successful so far.

Back 3 successful but a lack of forward thinking as likely to cost us lost points. Its a fine balance but Robbie knows we have good attacking players and Beni has settled well. I dont think its gung ho because even gnando and boyce will know they have defensive duties. Robbie is all about the stats and will be able to justify the switch, even more if we bag 3 points today.

22 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

McKay to be the difference today. 

Based on 30 minutes sounds about right for you, Walker can come on up front if required.

3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

It could still be a 3 at the back in theory.

3-5-2 with Kingsley at left midfield.

Yep that’s how I see it 👍

6 minutes ago, XB52 said:

From seeing his performance at a family wedding a couple of weeks ago I don't think we need to worry too much about him

Hope you are right, but it would be just like him to get a goal. 

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

For the love of god just put some decent crosses in the box and we’ll score

This.

We have two strikers and two wingers.

Just get the out wide and get some quality balls into the box.

5 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

The best thing about this is that Ross County won’t have a clue how we will set up until the game has started.

Them and us both 😂 

Edited by droid

...andFulton'sBaggio
23 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

McKay to be the difference today. 

Wait, I thought it would be RIDICULOUS to put him straight into the starting lineup 😁😶

Well that knocks the tactical substitution on 60 mins theory on the head. No wingers to bring on, hope MS, McKay and Woodburn have got 90 mins in them!  My guess is 0-4 in 60 mins bring on Delvin & McEniff for 2 of the wingers!

19 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Bobmeister mixing it up. 

It was one of my issues last time, he seemed to change things just for the banter. 

However v the "lesser" teams you might see this more often, or it may be that he trusts guys like McKay, Beni and Woodburn to cover the midfield ground better. 

Gnando and Boyce haven't really impressed together before but it's a whole new midfield so let's see what happens. 

Just ****ing beat them

Boyce playing in the midfield maybe 🤷

...andFulton'sBaggio
31 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

Gordon

Moore Souttar Halkett Kingsley

Beni

McKay Woodburn GMS

Boyce Gnando

????

That's asking a lot of Beni, IMO. He's good, but not that good. 

Could be

Gordon 

Moore Souttar Halkett Kingsley 

Beni  Woodburn 

McKay Boyce GMS

Gnando

Safe to say nobody on here predicted that lineup. 5 attacking players on the pitch, gonna be exciting to see how they gel!

9 minutes ago, JMuir94 said:

Anybody’s hearts tv not working the now ?

I have a screen that says: “Matchday”. Then a few moments ago heard a voice say: “is that on”. It’s not. 

Jambof3tornado
17 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I think Moore will be playing very defensively with Kingsley as our attacking outlet in defence.

I'm not sure our defence will be roaming too far forward today given the lack of players on the cover.

At least there can't be any complaints with how we line up today given this is what lots have been asking for.

Beni going to need to put in a double shift today. 

I don’t think it will be 3 at the back. Neilson has said before that 3 at the back requires legs in midfield and Beni alone won’t manage that. 

We've looked ropey every time we’ve played 4 at the back but that wasn’t with those 5 attackers on the pitch - here’s hoping County are as confused as us. 

Come on Heaaaaaaarts :flag1: 

A bit shocked by the changes but its a positive seeing Boyce and Gnando both start. I suppose this would be the gake to have a tinker. Hope it doesn't bit us. 

Could it be that Moore and McKay are playing as the wing backs?

3331 or 5131. Baningime in front of the defence and behind Woodburn Boyce and GMS with Gnando up top?

Just can't see it being a back 4 when the 3 CBs has been working.