***Official Ross County vs Heart Of Midlothian Match Thread***

William H. Bonney

William H. Bonney

Tough game. They’re  not the greatest but Dingwall is always a tricky venue. 
I’ll go 2-1 to hearts. Boyce and GMS. 

Edited by Furious Styles

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harry Potter

• King prawn

• GinRummy

• Hearts1975

Away win (hopefully) would take it any way it comes, as long as we get the 3 points, I'm hoping to see Devlin on the park at some point, Want to see more of Jock grealish and big Gnando too.

43 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

Confident we will have to much fire power for these calpol clowns.  3-0 with woodburn getting his 1st goal in maroon.

Calpol clowns, 🤣🤣love it.

medicine to be dished out with Jam(bos) to help it go down. 

53 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Tough game. They’re  not the greatest but Dingwall is always a tricky venue. 
I’ll go 2-1 to hearts. Boyce and GMS. 

2-0 Hearts.

A_A wehatethehibs

This game and the Livi game against the bottom 2 are the time to make a statement and announce our quality, we need to be looking at our goal difference in these games, we created a lot of chances against Hibs but didn’t take them.

We must be clinical in these games because we will have the chances for 3-4-5 goals, and we need them, in particular I’m looking at GMS because it’s been him that a number of opportunities have been falling to. I think it'll be a tough first half hour to break them down, but keep it 0-0, don’t concede an early goal, not the end of the world because we should be getting a number of chances later on in the game which we need to take. 

Any win will do. Stick it to them big style and help get them relegated. Horrible club.

Dont care if it’s an own goal off a backside just get the 3 points and come back to Gorgie with them.

would like to see Gnando and Devlin play, or start

3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Any win will do. Stick it to them big style and help get them relegated. Horrible club.

Dont care if it’s an own goal off a backside just get the 3 points and come back to Gorgie with them.

would like to see Gnando and Devlin play, or start

It's probably the bog standard type of physical encounter you get in Scotland so I'd definitely give Devlin some game time.

County and Livingston had massive changeovers in personnel over the summer, their poor starts likely reflect a lack of cohesion so it’s up to us to take advantage of that. Saying that, these teams will have performances that will click at some point, so need to be wary. On one hand I wouldn’t want the side changed much, as if they have a lack of cohesion then our consistency in selection may prove invaluable. However we had a few players blowing out their arses by the end on Sunday so may need to give one or two a rest. I think Neilson will want to give Boyce a rest, as strikers and attacking players are not really 90 minute every game players, but I also think he would want to take him off when we’re a few goals up rather than not start him. Personally I think starting Gnanduillet wouldn’t be the worst idea and if we’re still in need of goals by the hour mark we’d have Boyce available from the bench. But I suspect we’ll start unchanged.

August Landmesser

2-0 but won't be a walk in the park - they caused Der Hun a few problems, and nearly beat the Sheep (although it's becoming clear that the Sheep are a bit of a shambles just now).

Get in, get the three points, get out with no drama.

Or, thrash them 6-0, either is acceptable!

Jambof3tornado

Dont think we are at the point of worrying about goal difference etc  lets just get a win, any way we can.

They are a poor side and there's no excuse not to take the game by the scruff of the neck and impose ourselves.

23 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

It's probably the bog standard type of physical encounter you get in Scotland so I'd definitely give Devlin some game time.

I can’t see Haring getting dropped so unless there’s a change in formation he won’t start. Like you, I think he will come off the bench and from what I’ve heard about him it could be his type of game. 

Not heading up but can I suggest those who do all leave a bottle of Calpol on their seats as a parting gift as we leave with our 3 points, leaving them to fight out a fair relegation.

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Dont think we are at the point of worrying about goal difference etc  lets just get a win, any way we can.

They are a poor side and there's no excuse not to take the game by the scruff of the neck and impose ourselves.

Goal difference is always important from minute 1 of match day 1. It shows both defensive and offensive consistency. Hibs have scored 3 more goals than us that’s why they are above us at the present moment and you wouldn’t see past them getting another +2 or +3 win against St Mirren at home so it’s up to us to match that. We need at least one 3-4 goal win out of the next 3 fixtures to make our statement, get level on goal difference and show we can take the chances we create. We’ve talked about how we’ve had a tougher start, Hibs beat Ross County 3-0 so there’s your 3 goal goal difference advantage.

There looks to be a lot of creativity in the final 3rd for us now.  Need to see some selfish play from the front 3. Get the ball in the net. Goal / assist tally’s ticking upward for GMS, Gino, McKay and Woodburn is what we need to see against the bottom 2 they are all fit and ready let’s see the quality we know they’ve got. We need the proof of that quality 

Gordon

Souttar Halkett Kingsley

Smith Devlin Beni Cochrane

Woodburn Boyce

Gnado

Would like gnado to get a start in this one. With either Boyce alongside and Woodburn in the 10 or the above. 

Still feel we are short of men in the middle when out wide trying to cross it in at the moment. 

Unsure about Haring as he took a knock and went down on Sunday. Wouldn't be against giving a debut to Devlin.

Plenty pace on the bench to stretch it wide if we need to and as mentioned above Gnado will give us more of a target up top.

bigis semiauskas

No need for 7 defensive minded outfield players out of 10 so out goes Haring.

Gordon 

soapy.        Fat boab.       Kingsley 

smith            Béni.           Cochrane 

Mceneff 

Woody.         Boyce.         Gms 

Gordon

Souttar Halkett Kingsey

Smith Beni Devlin Cochrane

Woodburn Boyce Mackay-Steven 

Not sure why but I’ve got a feeling that’ll be the starting lineup. 

I think they will play like United did in the first half against us. 11 men behind the ball making it difficult - we need that first goal early to bring them out. 

A_A wehatethehibs

A lot of folk looking to drop Haring. What about the physicality, the game will be a physical battle as always against these hammer throwers. He and Beni have got a bit of a partnership going, Pete has looked after Beni and kept close to him. I’m not sure I see that getting broken up. The only way Devlin, Halliday, or mceneff are getting in IMO is if we change to a 4-3-3  

33 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

A lot of folk looking to drop Haring. What about the physicality, the game will be a physical battle as always against these hammer throwers. He and Beni have got a bit of a partnership going, Pete has looked after Beni and kept close to him. I’m not sure I see that getting broken up. The only way Devlin, Halliday, or mceneff are getting in IMO is if we change to a 4-3-3  

Agree with this.

As much as I’m keen to get a look at Devlin, Haring will be needed up there.

He may be laboured on the ball but he’s good at the physical stuff.

41 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

They'll get behind the ball and make it difficult per usual. 

Think most teams will this season, but I think Hearts will have enough in the tank to see them off.

I'm no master tactician so I don't see any reason to change last week's starting XI which seems like our strongest to me. 

I obviously haven't seen Devlin in training though. If he's better thanHaring, then fair-dos - get him in. 

3 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

I'm no master tactician so I don't see any reason to change last week's starting XI which seems like our strongest to me. 

I obviously haven't seen Devlin in training though. If he's better thanHaring, then fair-dos - get him in. 

There’s no chance he will change anything unless someone’s out imo. 

Tight game 1 goal in it, probably a penalty will decide the game. Be a few aways like that this season. Anyone that opens up against us will get picked apart so they’ll sit in.

Would like to see some change in wingbacks, would be tempted to give Cochrane a rest and bring Halliday back in there - he's got that grit required in games like this.  

Ross County are a bit of a unknown, completely gutted their team and started again so hard to say if any of their recruits are crap, average or amazing.  3pts in any manner would be a great result. 

Gordon

Soapy Halkett Kingsley 

Smith                          Cochrane 

Beni    Haring

Woodburn            GMS 

Boyce 

2-0 Hearts

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Gordon

Soapy Halkett Kingsley 

Beni    Haring

Woodburn            GMS 

Boyce 

2-0 Hearts

I still think a swap of Cochrane and Kingsley gives more of a threat down our left hand side , maybe Kingsley not up to full fitness yet . 
2-0 , yep that’ll do for me 

8 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Gordon

Soapy Halkett Kingsley 

Beni    Haring

Woodburn            GMS 

Boyce 

2-0 Hearts

Agree with team. Wish we had option for Smith. Ross co will sit in and I think we could do with more dynamism. But this team should get job done. Onus on Pete to get in box and disrupt/take players away from Boyce.

Lots of corners and free kicks and our quality or otherwise there may prove the diff.

Be nice to get runouts for McKay, Devlin and Gnando.

3-0. Pete, Boyce, Gnando. 2 assists for Woodburn

I’m concerned that our back 3 too easily becomes a back 5 and we don’t get enough bodies forward at times.   County will be up for this and it will be a battle.    Early goal needed or it will be a tight game.    Positive to have McKay for some directness last 30 mins and would like to see Devlin on too.    Think we’ll just edge this 1 - 2. 

We imposed our game first half against both St Mirren and Dundee United. Same again but more.

On Cochrane who has been mentioned he could be a great attacking outlet down the left. Somehow he's mostly been stopped so far but going back to Cove Rangers he was a consistent threat left wing and he nearly set up the winner on Sunday. 

Hearts to start with a 7-2-1 formation. After 20 mins will come out of their shell and will look dangerous, prompting pundits to ask why they didn't do this earlier.

Hearts to score a maximum of 2 goals and RC to score maximum of 1.

Gnando and Devlin will come on at some stage in  second half.

After game, Neilson will say " on another day, we could have been 3 up at half time.".

The " on another day" NEVER happens while Boab is manager.........

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Hearts to start with a 7-2-1 formation. After 20 mins will come out of their shell and will look dangerous, prompting pundits to ask why they didn't do this earlier.

Hearts to score a maximum of 2 goals and RC to score maximum of 1.

Gnando and Devlin will come on at some stage in  second half.

After game, Neilson will say " on another day, we could have been 3 up at half time.".

The " on another day" NEVER happens while Boab is manager.........

Hopefully another day you'll be gutted anaw, as we collect another 3 points and remain unbeaten. 

GORDON

SOAPY   HALKETT   COCHRANE

SMITH    BENI    HARING    KINGSLEY

WOODBURN         MCKAY

BOYCIE

...Gnando, GMS and Devlin to come at some point. Tight, difficult game, but we should score at least twice.

Edited by Rogue Daddy