***Official Ross County vs Heart Of Midlothian Match Thread***

William H. Bonney

Hoping we tear the arse off these muppets.

Small club with a small stadium from a small town with a complete prick of an owner. 

Please just do them Hearts🖕👊👊

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harry Potter

• King prawn

• GinRummy

• Hearts1975

7 minutes ago, James1874f said:

Are away tickets available via Ross County ? Boy I know says he phoned up they said weren’t selling to away fans ? 

Hearts said there would be a cash gate

5 minutes ago, Gary Locke said:

Hearts said there would be a cash gate

Managed to get sorted mate thanks 

ignore my above post tickets for away end being sold at the stadium 

19 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Ross County 0 Hearts 3

Go to town on these nomark *****.

These skid marks on the Scottish game would be best suited to shinty than fitba.

Hope we are ruthless and make them scream for mercy.

There might not be many Ross county fans there as it's the Teuchter champions league final today.  It's the shinty cup final today...

pettigrewsstylist
20 hours ago, CJGJ said:

For me there has been too much talking about what we can do this season from players and coaching staff

This is a test to see if it's all bravado or whether there is genuine substance to the claims

A bit of me thinks maybe we should display a more confident approach than in recent seasons and a bit perhaps from past experience thinks I'd rather we just kept quiet pre match.

On the plus side if we truly are improving and the ambitions of the coaching staff prove to be accurate we may be in for a decent season or two.

So maybe it's time to show a bit more faith starting with tomorrow but let's not kid ourselves any away match will not be easy

I think we can win this one but I doubt it will be a clear cut victory that a few seem to think

Amen

Suppose many will say 1-0 will do but I think it’s an important season to work towards high standards again that the club has been missing. 

Would like to see us becoming a high scoring team again. See the players confidence grow through the way we attack, develop a feeling every time we take to the park that we can find the way to goal easier than we have been.

Nothing better than seeing a Hearts team that looks like it plays with a bit freedom in their veins. Point is, I hope we come out the blocks quick today and really impose ourselves. 

Edited by Debut 4

https://t.co/betNNzwLVR
PETER HARING INTERVIEW: the main talking point in this is his new contract… expires in summer, be interesting to see if we keep him/he stays. Last couple of games I’ve been impressed, he’s slowly getting back to his best imo. 

Also touches on the differences between this side and the one that started the season so well under Craig Levein and playing alongside everyone’s new favourite player- Beni Baningime.

Just passed Aviemore on the train, looks like we’ll have a good support today, quietly confident of a low scoring victory. Possibly including a Ben Woodburn goal. 

As always, reads appreciated, and if you’re not in Dingwall today I was told the full game is on Alba tonight… 

highlandjambo3
3 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

There might not be many Ross county fans there as it's the Teuchter champions league final today.  It's the shinty cup final today...

As the cheeks are not playing there should be a fair amount of RC fans….,dual team supporters and all that…..,normally a fair few busses head down to watch their beloved weeg teams

19 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Hoping we tear the arse off these muppets.

Small club with a small stadium from a small town with a complete prick of an owner. 

Please just do them Hearts🖕👊👊

Ditto....

Portable Badger

Call me a superstitious twat but I always cringe when I see JKBers coming out out with “smash ‘em 4-0, steamroller them 3-0”.     I have supported the team too long - last time all these same predictions were spouted we ended enduring an appalling 0-0.

i hope you are all correct and you can direct pelters at me  later but I’m going for an unconvincing 1-0 to the JTs.

4 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Call me a superstitious twat but I always cringe when I see JKBers coming out out with “smash ‘em 4-0, steamroller them 3-0”.     I have supported the team too long - last time all these same predictions were spouted we ended enduring an appalling 0-0.

i hope you are all correct and you can direct pelters at me  later but I’m going for an unconvincing 1-0 to the JTs.

My thoughts, too.

A turgid game with a late Hearts winner. Souttar header from a set piece.

Not convinced at all that we have 4/5 goal wins in us. Home or away. Far too cautious in our approach.

Love to be proved wrong, of course.

Rudi cant fail

Banana skin written all over it. Whole management team very vocal during the week about confidence levels and how we want to be splitting the old firm. Happy that this is the mentality within the club, but think it could have waited after a few more decent results. I still think we lack a bit of cutting edge in the final third to kill teams off. 1-1 

3 minutes ago, Rudi cant fail said:

Banana skin written all over it. Whole management team very vocal during the week about confidence levels and how we want to be splitting the old firm. Happy that this is the mentality within the club, but think it could have waited after a few more decent results. I still think we lack a bit of cutting edge in the final third to kill teams off. 1-1 

This is an easier game than utd away, so should win, thay are not very good.

Italian Lambretta
6 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Since when did that matter when it came to Hearts. A crap team is desperate for a win along we come to oblige.

Potential banana skin if we play to defend not actually go out and win.

49 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

As the cheeks are not playing there should be a fair amount of RC fans….,dual team supporters and all that…..,normally a fair few busses head down to watch their beloved weeg teams

Think they average 3000-4000 which from a population of 5500 is surprisingly high

4 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Since when did that matter when it came to Hearts. A crap team is desperate for a win along we come to oblige.

Potential banana skin if we play to defend not actually go out and win.

About time all that was changed.

This should be a comfortable win. 2-0. Boyce and Woodburn. 

Would like us to be a bit more attacking today but would expect Neilson to stick with the same starting line up v hibs and maybe change things if we're not winning at half time. 

Should be looking for 3 wins out of the next 3 games.

Come on ye Hearts! 🇱🇻 

1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I was only joking.  The final is being held near where I am and they've closed a bit of a road and theres still backs...

Serious question.  Do folk there actually have two teams?  

25 minutes ago, Rudi cant fail said:

We have that cutting edge, more than enough attacking players in the squad now but it's all about how we set up, which is too defensive imo.

It'll be the same today with 7 defensive minded players and only 3 attackers. 

Rudi cant fail
3 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

We have that cutting edge, more than enough attacking players in the squad now but it's all about how we set up, which is too defensive imo.

True 

It’s as simple as this. This is a MUST win game for a club aiming for top six and better. Don’t win today and we’ll probably slip to 5th or maybe even 6th by the end of the weekend.

Losing to this mince with the quality we have at our disposal now would bring Neilson back under enormous pressure.

At the same time a decent win

might see us go top by the end of the weekend

Narrow win for us, only because it simply must be a win.

Edited by JimmyCant

Jambof3tornado
38 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Doesnt always work that way, regarding one game being easier than another but we should be taking the game to county and be too strong for them.

3-1.

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

It’s as simple as this. This is a MUST win game for a club aiming for top six and better. Don’t win today and we’ll probably slip to 5th or maybe even 6th by the end of the weekend.

Losing to this mince with the quality we have at our disposal now would bring Neilson back under enormous pressure.

Narrow win for us, only because it simply must be a win.

Its September. You cant have must win games in September.

I'm no robbie fan but we will suffer unexpected defeats at some point in the season. We will also perhaps win a few we dont expect.

7 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Doesnt always work that way, regarding one game being easier than another but we should be taking the game to county and be too strong for them.

3-1.

But it should put the players in the right mind set, its about confidence. the more away games we win the better it gets.

52 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Totally disagree.

I dont think there is too much between all clubs outwith the OF.

All games outwith OF this season have produced pretty much 50% draws.

It's all down to attitude.

51 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Think they average 3000-4000 which from a population of 5500 is surprisingly high

Im sure that they market themselves as a Highland club, rather than just a Dingwall team.

Think that's how they scouted MacKay-Steven from Thurso..

Regardless,  we need to take the game to them and allow our away support to bask in 90mins of giving it tight to Mcgegor

4 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

We’re wearing the baseball strip today. 

Simply awful.

They should defo consult fans, at least a bit,on strip designs as our recent away tops have been bowfin'

18 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Its September. You cant have must win games in September.

I'm no robbie fan but we will suffer unexpected defeats at some point in the season. We will also perhaps win a few we dont expect.

I’ll re-word for you then. It’s the type of game we MUST be winning to get in amongst the Euro slots

8 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

All down to players attitude on day, Robbie wont want us to drop points no matter what some think.

Yeah, but its more about going for 3, as opposed to securing 1 that's the key.

The soundbites that we've been getting suggests that they are going for the former 🤞

13 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Simply awful.

They should defo consult fans, at least a bit,on strip designs as our recent away tops have been bowfin'

Agree. Amazed at how poor the judgement is for the last 2 light blue/turquoise efforts 🤮

55 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Chelsea lined up with seven defensive midfielders on Wednesday.   Just saying..🙂

Jambof3tornado
19 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I’ll re-word for you then. It’s the type of game we MUST be winning to get in amongst the Euro slots

Yup totally agree. We really need to be hanging on as near the top team as possible and not be finishing 30 plus points behind whoever it is.

A slow, ponderous, casual, glorious 0-4 win.   Woodburn, two for Boyce, last one Mckay. 

Failing that just win.   It's a match we should be winning but maybe the fitness isn’t there yet.   Got to give it a go. 

39 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

All down to players attitude on day, Robbie wont want us to drop points no matter what some think.

Correct. Watch this and say that Robbie would be happy with a point today.