• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harry Potter

• King prawn

• GinRummy

• Hearts1975

For me there has been too much talking about what we can do this season from players and coaching staff

This is a test to see if it's all bravado or whether there is genuine substance to the claims

A bit of me thinks maybe we should display a more confident approach than in recent seasons and a bit perhaps from past experience thinks I'd rather we just kept quiet pre match.

On the plus side if we truly are improving and the ambitions of the coaching staff prove to be accurate we may be in for a decent season or two.

So maybe it's time to show a bit more faith starting with tomorrow but let's not kid ourselves any away match will not be easy

I think we can win this one but I doubt it will be a clear cut victory that a few seem to think

Ross County 0 Hearts 3

Go to town on these nomark *****.

These skid marks on the Scottish game would be best suited to shinty than fitba.

Hope we are ruthless and make them scream for mercy.

Clark Griswold

Would love nothing more than to thrash these. Let them take their medicine.

3-1 Hearts

Edited by Clark Griswold

Up at Callander for the weekend.

I will watch on Alba at 6pm.

Phone off from 3pm to 8pm.

It would good to score a few, but dont underestimate Ross County.

41 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Up at Callander for the weekend.

I will watch on Alba at 6pm.

Phone off from 3pm to 8pm.

It would good to score a few, but dont underestimate Ross County.

Good luck with that. Tried to do that sort of thing a few times when been away and the never managed not to find out the score. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Good luck with that. Tried to do that sort of thing a few times when been away and the never managed not to find out the score. 

Phone off will be fine.

Was away at Monifieth when we played DU.

I was watching on Hesgoal, Mrs B switched channels on TV onto BBC sportscene.

It mentioned Gnando made it 2-0 about a minute before my stream caught up.:lol:

2 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Phone off will be fine.

2 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Phone off will be fine.

Haha. Got caught out with that a couple of times last season. Switching on to sky sports news to see the other scores and hearts have already scored but not on my shitty stream. 

SpruceBringsteen

MacGregor is a piece of shit and so is their manager. Hopefully take 5 off them and burst a couple of eye sockets into the bargain. 😎

6 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Not that big, same players on the park, and a big support will be behind the Hearts players.

Mainly the point was about how, we’ve said Hearts have had the harder start and that’s true. But now it is time for us to back that up.

Need to do the business against the bottom 2 and show our quality in front of goal because there will be chances. None of this conserving a 1-0 advantage, that leaves you vulnerable to a 1-1 draw. We need to take multiple chances and put these games to bed.

Agree with everything you've said here, I've been pretty vocal about our team's willingness to sit in on a 1-0 lead.

Warning, total baseless speculation below:
Judging from Neilson's hand waving and frustration I can only surmise that it's not what he wants out of his players and isn't a conscious tactical decision. I've got a feeling he's trying to train them to move and form themselves up in a specific manner when they start scoring goals but the result of this is the players falling into too much of a defensive position, maybe it just hasn't fully clicked with them yet.

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

It is possible, believe me. Done it a few times. Just keep yer phone off, don't answer calls, unplug the telly. I'm doing that on my way back from Londinium.

Edited by Wee Mikey

20 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Luke Rathie is a 16 year old centre back who was given a full time contract during the close season.  He's a big strong lad and the coaching staff obviously see some potential there.

thanks I must have missed that :flag1:

queensferryjambo

Hope Hearts pump them stupid, really hoping to see a 'take your medicine' banner draped on their stadium at the end of the season when they go down. 

2-1 Hearts, Gnando and Woodburn with the goals

Gordon

Souttar 

Halkett

Kingsley

Moore

Haring

Beni

Cochrane

Woodburn

Boyce

Gnando 

GMS, Gino and Devlin off the bench 

I think with Smith being an injury doubt this may be the perfect game to see if Gino, McEneff or even Barrie McKay can fill in to play a more attacking wing back role.

Liking the idea of starting Woodburn and Boyce in behind Gnando. There’s goals to be had with that front 3.

Once again (for the millionth time) Haring isn’t getting dropped. He just played arguably his best game of the season.

Not only is he a bigger body but County are going to sit in and Haring is one of the better players at finding the right pass to break through. Loving him and Beni together. Devlin will get his chance but our starting mids are playing well so what’s the rush?

On 16/09/2021 at 23:35, Footballfirst said:

Luke Rathie is a 16 year old centre back who was given a full time contract during the close season.  He's a big strong lad and the coaching staff obviously see some potential there.

I went to school with Luke's dad.  I'm not in the slightest bit surprised they see something in him, he has a real chance.

Gordon 

Moore.    Soutter.   Halkett.       kingsley

Gino.                 Beni.                  GMS 

Woodburn.    Boyce 

Gnando.  

Wouldn’t be surprised if Boyce started on the bench with Devlin starting either tbh. 

highlandjambo3

I don’t want a nervy 1-0 game (although I’d take it).  I’m desperate for a decent game where we scud the opposition from the start…..3 - 0 up at half time and a real party atmosphere………please let it be today……or 1-0 will do as well 👍

Would like to see a tweet to the 343 and play a 3412, Woodburn just behind Gnando and Boyce. Anyway, 2 0 by HT for a stress free afternoon 🤞

Would be nice to see Devlin today for atleast 30 minutes. 

Diadora Van Basten

I think we would benefit from a slight tweak to change to the old Juventus formation 3-4-1-2.

Gordon

Soutar Halkett Kingsley 

Smith Beni Haring Cochrane 

Woodburn

Boyce MacKay-Steven

On 16/09/2021 at 08:28, GinRummy said:

Assuming Smith has continued to recover I think RN will play an unchanged side. 1-3 GMS, Haring, Kingsley. 

Agree on the lineup! I'm utterly useless at predicting scorelines and scorers, but have a feeling Woodburn is going to get among the goals today! 

Please no to the centre-back playing at RWB shouts. It's an important attacking position in the 3-4-3 and although Smith isn't suited to it either he's at least willing to get into the right positions. If he's out then we need to give Logan a shot, or change formation, or be a bit more ambitious with our selection there (e.g. try McEneff/Devlin/Ginnelly/whoever).

Of course the best thing we could have done was sign an actual RWB, but that moment has passed.

Edited by DC_92

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
53 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

Gordon 

Moore.    Soutter.   Halkett.       kingsley

Gino.                 Beni.                  GMS 

Woodburn.    Boyce 

Gnando.  

Wouldn’t be surprised if Boyce started on the bench with Devlin starting either tbh. 

I'd go for

Gordon

Souttar      Halkett       Cochrane

McKay                  Beni                  Kingsley

Woodburn                Mackay-Steven

Gnando     Boyce

Gino's form doesn't deserve a start, although keen to see him do well - assuming McKay is not fully fit, maybe Gino gets a run for the last 30 mins when Ross County hopefully tiring.

We don't have a RWB.  Smith isn't it.  Maybe putting McKay and Woodburn together as above is the best way we've got to cover it and still play this formation?  Not sure if Pollock or McEneff could fill it, but similarly feels like square pegs in round holes.

Agree also with comments that Boyce hasn't looked great, despite scoring (and that's a classic Kickback critique but true).  I'd play him for a while yet, and particularly today against his old club, but maybe pushing Woodburn up front and putting in McEneff is an option; I'd like to see McEneff been given a run of games to see if he really has something.

Subs:  Stewart, Moore, Smith, Devlin, McEneff, Haring, Gino

Francis Albert

I hope we don't go into the game with the old "it's a difficult place to go" mindset.

And while the priority is obviously the points Hearts of all teams should always keep an eye on goal difference (or average as was).

A 2 goal win should be par for us for this game.

26 minutes ago, Queensland Jambo said:

I'd go for

Gordon

Souttar      Halkett       Cochrane

McKay                  Beni                  Kingsley

Woodburn                Mackay-Steven

Gnando     Boyce

Gino's form doesn't deserve a start, although keen to see him do well - assuming McKay is not fully fit, maybe Gino gets a run for the last 30 mins when Ross County hopefully tiring.

We don't have a RWB.  Smith isn't it.  Maybe putting McKay and Woodburn together as above is the best way we've got to cover it and still play this formation?  Not sure if Pollock or McEneff could fill it, but similarly feels like square pegs in round holes.

Agree also with comments that Boyce hasn't looked great, despite scoring (and that's a classic Kickback critique but true).  I'd play him for a while yet, and particularly today against his old club, but maybe pushing Woodburn up front and putting in McEneff is an option; I'd like to see McEneff been given a run of games to see if he really has something.

Subs:  Stewart, Moore, Smith, Devlin, McEneff, Haring, Gino

We definitely won't play with only one CM. Beni is brilliant but we would get over-run in the middle.

Prediction is Dross County to get absolutely ****ing ragdolled due to our new found confidence.

Players will be gelling and understanding each other better. 

0-4

:robboyas:

1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Agree on the lineup! I'm utterly useless at predicting scorelines and scorers, but have a feeling Woodburn is going to get among the goals today! 

Was a great effort last week so every chance.