***Official Ross County vs Heart Of Midlothian Match Thread***

William H. Bonney

20 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Always amazes me how people mock small towns for their low crowds when as a proportion of their population they almost invariably do better than Hearts do. Edinburgh also has a rather larger surrounding population than Dingwall .

Not mocking - just wondering what else there is to do there...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harry Potter

• King prawn

• GinRummy

• Hearts1975

1 minute ago, DG_HMFC said:

Really? That's pretty shitty from GMS if true.

He just looked knackered. And probably thinking about misses and whatever. But its the guys debut. You surely give encouragement. Show a bit of passion.

rudi must stay
17 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

That Charles-Cook guy does what none of our wingers seems to do - find a player in the same colour of shirt.

Saw him v Celtic and he played well. Should try and bring him in 

2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

He just looked knackered. And probably thinking about misses and whatever. But its the guys debut. You surely give encouragement. Show a bit of passion.

Don't blame him for being pissed off at the chances he missed the.

Jambof3tornado
7 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

See I thought Mackay played right back. In the first half we had him on one side and Kingsley on the left. 3 x Central defenders. Beni and Woodburn in cm. Gms attacking midfield and then Boyce and gnando up top. Again, I could be wrong - just what I thought 

No mate 4-1-4-1 or 4-5-1

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Why are you worried about Ibrox ?

All the Robbie haters will expect us to win as they do in every match home or away and if we lose they can fire away whether it is sensible or not.

Results are important but some seem to forget the quality of football on show and it has been pretty good compared to recent seasons.....lessons have clearly been learnt.

We are a lot more than just being 'hard to beat'

In my opinion, being hard to beat is a good start to our journey of producing a competitive and challenging team. If we can't win, don't lose. It could be the difference for a good cup run.

I didn't say I was worried about Ibrox, but our record there wouldn't suggest that we can be over confident. It will be a good gauge of where we are in respect of the character and ability of our team and management.  Let's hope we are very encouraged by our performance on the day. 

Governor Tarkin
15 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

My post said my assumptions are confirmed. I never specified what those assumptions were, but I went on to explain they were “either” a dreg of society at worst OR a troll. They are, at the very least a troll, and that to me has been confirmed.

The modern world, where no discussion is complete without at least one veiled insinuation of racism.

I'm not reading this thread. I've been working all day, i know we drew, but how'd we get on, where we unlucky? , did we play well?

Thanks kind folk of JKB.

Guest ToqueJambo
12 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

See I thought Mackay played right back. In the first half we had him on one side and Kingsley on the left. 3 x Central defenders. Beni and Woodburn in cm. Gms attacking midfield and then Boyce and gnando up top. Again, I could be wrong - just what I thought 

We definitely played 3 at the back at times

Just now, ri Alban said:

I'm not reading this thread. I've been working all day, i know we drew, but how'd we get on, where we unlucky? , did we play well?

Thanks kind folk of JKB.

Harlem globetrotters going forward at times.  Missed guilt edged chance.   Defended like Morton at times. 

Jambof3tornado
Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

GMS seems the current target of the boo boys it seems. 

He can avoid missing sitters if he wants them off his back to be fair.

1 hour ago, jamboozy said:

Tbh, just going by the comments on here during the game, general consensus would have it crossing and corners were not up to standard required.

As said mate I never seen the game so can’t comment on the crosses , just annoying that we can’t do the simple stuff as I feel we have enough quality in the team to put any team to the sword 🤷‍♂️  

Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

He can avoid missing sitters if he wants them off his back to be fair.

True.  At least he's getting himself in the right positions though. 

Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

Harlem globetrotters going forward at times.  Missed guilt edged chance.   Defended like Morton at times. 

Cheers. I think we'll give someone a right tanking, very soon. Hopefully Rangers.

Guest ToqueJambo
25 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

That Charles-Cook guy does what none of our wingers seems to do - find a player in the same colour of shirt.

To be fair GMS set up the Boyce goal with a great bit of play and pass. I know what you mean though.

For me this is a new team and we’re still finding the best combinations. People can look for negatives all they want but a lot of the same people were predicting bottom 6 or even relegation battles. They said we were miles behind Hibs and Aberdeen.

We’ve clearly made huge progress and its good to know we’re unbeaten and challenging at the top despite not being the finished article.

26 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

A win against Celtic doesn’t mean nothing. We overachieved that day and underachieved today. The draws at home to sheep and Hibs were poor results but hardly that bad. We’ve drawn against Hibs at home in some of our best seasons. 

Agree though, we need to win against the likes of Livi and Motherwell. 

Cool, we agree I guess just different presentation… 🙂

5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Thanks kind folk of JKB.

We played well in spells. Bit of bad defending particularly with the second goal. Bit of wastefulness in fron of goal. Disappointed not to win. 

25 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

This from our Manager Neilson…..

“But we lost two scrappy goals in the first half. We knew with Jordan White up front they would go direct and would get second balls.

“We lost two and that was the most frustrating thing.” 

So no planning to stop the threat!?

Plan all you like but it your defenders make an arse of it….well

1 minute ago, Jambomb said:

Cool, we agree I guess just different presentation… 🙂

The only thing I didn’t agree with is just writing off the Celtic result. I’m disappointed in today. 

If I've learnt anything from today is we need to go back to a back 3 and Haring should be back in the fold alongside Beni expeditiously. 

I liked the idea of loading up the front with attacking threats but other than a few times where we looked quite lively I think it's fairly obvious we are much more suited to the formation we've been playing previously. 

9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We definitely played 3 at the back at times

I thought that’s what was happening with Mackay and Kingsley bombing up the park on the right and left hand side and therefore just assumed that we kept the wing back system and just replaced smith with Mackay. Maybe we were changing the formation at points through the game. 

13 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Thanks kind folk of JKB.

Not at the game and only saw bits & pieces of the 1st half on TV, but on the 2nd half showing I'd say we're in for a bit of a struggle this season. Really poor showing , as per the Aberdeen game. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

There’s a ceiling when someone like Robbie Neilson is in charge. Having a managerial philosophy which hinges on “I like wingers and fast stuff” is not guaranteed to have us dismantling teams week in week out. Especially when the standard of crossing is so average. It’s no good piling up above average SPL players if you’re management and coaches are so tactically limited, tbh.

Has any manager outwith the Of and maybe derek mcinness recently played so many games in the top 3 of the premiership as neilson? Ross was bragging about 43 games, pretty sure Neilson tops that.

This “limited, taken us as far as he can” stuff is the same chat in 16/17 when (some) people were happy he left for those apparent reasons. Then three managers, including one highly experienced, one novice but well regarded coach and one well regarded gegenpresse genius failed to get close to his record.

perhaps its time to have more faith in our manager? We’re doing well (again) under him. That’s nearly four seasobs never outside the top few positions, each time (apart from 16/17 maybe) building almost a whole new team to do it.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Boab said:

Under the bold CL !

9 points from 9. Three years ago.

Exactly and look what happened! You don’t want to be winning your first 3 games away from home - it’s a jinx…

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

23 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

To be fair GMS set up the Boyce goal with a great bit of play and pass. I know what you mean though.

For me this is a new team and we’re still finding the best combinations. People can look for negatives all they want but a lot of the same people were predicting bottom 6 or even relegation battles. They said we were miles behind Hibs and Aberdeen.

We’ve clearly made huge progress and its good to know we’re unbeaten and challenging at the top despite not being the finished article.

Inability to get a cross from a corner beyond first man and crosses just aimed in the vague direction of Gnando  when breaking. The quality is not what I thought. We've obviously got a regressing talent. The best was years ago and even then it was sporadic. Not seeing his games week in week out we missed all the dross.

Edited by Riccarton3

Diadora Van Basten

Just watching the highlights on BBC Scotland bizarrely they didn’t show the Mackay and Mackay-Stevens chances on the match highlights then show them in the punditry. Highlights made it look like we were lucky to get a draw.

maroonedinbriz

Just watched the game on Alba. Didn't know the score before hand. So bloody frustrating. I wouldn't swap any of our players for one of theirs but we look disjointed. I can only remember  Boyce's header just after we scored as a clear opportunity (in the second half). Gnandu should get till x-mass and if there is no improvement get rid.

Guest ToqueJambo
16 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I thought that’s what was happening with Mackay and Kingsley bombing up the park on the right and left hand side and therefore just assumed that we kept the wing back system and just replaced smith with Mackay. Maybe we were changing the formation at points through the game. 

I like the idea of having one winger type WB and one more defensive. We do need Beni and Haring in the middle though to control games. The team should be built around them, definitely for the tougher (on paper) games

29 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Feck me Hibs are at home next week again to the fermers are we sure they play half their games away ?

That "algorithm" seems to have certain preferences coded into it...

Guest ToqueJambo
14 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Inability to get a cross from a corner beyond first man and crosses just aimed in the vague direction of Gnando  when breaking. The quality is not what I thought. We've obviously got a regressing talent. The best was years ago and even then it was sporadic. Not seeing his games week in week out we missed all the dross.

Unpredictable but talented. His finishing bothers me the most. He's missed quite a number of sitters for us.

11 minutes ago, Andyp1874 said:

Know has probably been discussed earlier but why wasn’t Gino in the squad?

Ankle knock according to RN on radio 

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I like the idea of having one winger type WB and one more defensive. We do need Beni and Haring in the middle though to control games. The team should be built around them, definitely for the tougher (on paper) games

Devlin may push Pete for that spot. Would be interested to see if we can somehow fit maceneff in Attacking midfield. Still think that he could maybe just offer us something in addition to what we have.  It’s looking increasingly likely that Halliday potentially might struggle for game time at the moment. 

54 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Sounds like the players failed to deal with what they were warned about... How do you interpret it?

Or weren’t told to prioritise the marking or maybe even the set up was wrong. Bottom line it should have been dealt with. 

48 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

The modern world, where no discussion is complete without at least one veiled insinuation of racism.

Exactly! Sad isn’t it! 😏

Jambof3tornado
46 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

True.  At least he's getting himself in the right positions though. 

Yup, he is getting our best opportunities which is good if he finishes them!! Todays was a real good chance which makes it even worse.

2 hours ago, The Tackle said:

You’re really tedious btw. Give it a rest

He's happy we dropped points so he can have a another dig at Hearts fans.

It's the fans that are always wrong. 

Incredibly frustrating but bizarrely not as terrible a result as it could have been after Hibs and Aberdeen also dropping points.

Although days like today show exactly why teams outside the OF won’t mount a title challenge unless something dramatically and unexpectedly changes.

7 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Or weren’t told to prioritise the marking or maybe even the set up was wrong. Bottom line it should have been dealt with. 

Sure but Robbie's quote implies that the risk was known and not dealt with by the players...

1 hour ago, Boy Daniel said:

This from our Manager Neilson…..

“But we lost two scrappy goals in the first half. We knew with Jordan White up front they would go direct and would get second balls.

“We lost two and that was the most frustrating thing.” 

So no planning to stop the threat!?

Eh? What are you on about? You don't think they planned to stop the threat, failed, and that's why he's frustrated?

There's literally nothing in that quote a sane person can complain about.