***Official Ross County vs Heart Of Midlothian Match Thread***

William H. Bonney

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Same style of play yeah, but different systems. 

Chelsea alternative between a back 3 or 4.

Man City always have a back 4 (in theory), but midfield & attack set up differs hugely

Some teams do stick to a set 11 and get success, but competition is good for squad, especially at our level. 

Pretty much agree with what you say about players, although I think we'll see Logan & Pollock push into that as well. Hopefully McEneff cones through as well

Rangers & Celtic haven't started well, just going on past experience that they will get their act together at some point. 

Still think Europe has to be the aim, let's see where the league is at by January. Could be an interesting & competitive year if it stays this way

Yeah teams definitely have changes in formation and players obviously, I would like to see ya go with that team I listed and see where it takes us. 
 It’s looking even more competitive than it usually is, Motherwell should’ve been top today because Rangers goal was offside..

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harry Potter

• King prawn

• GinRummy

• Hearts1975

7 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

How does it go?

There’s class

There’s first class

……………………………………

Watched Boycies podcast interview recently. Comes across as a really good guy with a lot of humility. One of these types that regardless of what he will have in life, he will never forget where he has been to get there 

This would be something right up his street ……. As you say, there is first class 👍

7 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

I can assure you Mitch has been supporting Hearts for 60 plus years

In which case Mitch should know builing a bigger stadium won't make much/any difference in HMFC competing with the OF becuase even in the great days of the Terrible Trio  the ground was rarely full. 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Gav general question mate, I can name 5 players right now that would either start or atleast get on Celtic or Rangers bench, so how are people being fantasy or unrealistic, we have shown we can beat Celtic this season, have drawn with the sheep and the tramps, so how are people living in fantasy etc? You also don't agree with people saying we should expand our ground, don't you see that people are giving specific reasons as why they would like this and how it would be beneficial to our club, like for revenue etc being able to afford better players, better hospitality etc, having a bigger ground than both Aberdeen and Hibs. 

I could name 12-15 in both OF squads who would walk into our first 11. Having said that they’re not performing well so far and if they keep stuttering and we could just get a run going and build a gap, which we’ve done before, they might have trouble clawing it back

Edited by JimmyCant

6 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

It sounds as if you're the same vintage as me. I was at Willie Bauld's testimonial and I watched a few of the late late 50's team in their declining years but the next 20 years were pretty dire, notwithstanding that we had some good players in that time. The years under Bobby Parker'chairmanship were desperate and the directorship of the club was hopeless even in the fifties, how does anyone explain the selling of the likes of Dave Mackay and Alex Young when the club were playing in front of 20-30 thousand every week; I have my own theories.

However it's clubs like Aberdeen and H1b5 that we are measured against and except for Aberdeen's Ferguson years I think our record is better than theirs.

I don’t even want to think of last season when Rangers won the league and St Johnstone won the League Cup and the Scottish Cup and never mind Alloa and Brora stuffing us in the cups. This season is what it’s all about and 6 games into the season we’ve thrown away 6 points to 3 teams that are worse than average. We have the players but we are led and controlled by an incompetent management. This is the 2021-22 season let’s get our act together because it’s about time we did.

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

In which case Mitch should know builing a bigger stadium won't make much/any difference in HMFC competing with the OF becuase even in the great days of the Terrible Trio  the ground was rarely full. 

I know Tyniei big enough for our exciting support and when we get into the European stage Murrayfield will always be an option. And you NANOJAMBO please stop bringing up the past it’s history. This is the 2021-22 season and we are owned by our FOH members who are fans who will put the club and team first for the benefit of Hearts supporters.

After yesterdays results, even more disappointed we are still unable to win these types of games . Was the St Mirren win a flash in the pan , time will tell

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 hours ago, fila said:

After yesterdays results, even more disappointed we are still unable to win these types of games . Was the St Mirren win a flash in the pan , time will tell

St Mirren and Dundee Utd…

15 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

The frustration for me is it seems we may struggle to get a full game out of him. That is the third game in a row he has been substituted and my understanding from what I hear being said is it is a problem with his calves possibly, and I'm not sure if it is the sort of problem that just hard training will put right.

I think he done all right yesterday but I still think/hope there may be another gear to go up yet.

Might still be going through growing pains. Still hasn't got his full adult body yet. We all developed at different rates.

23 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Neilson said he couldn't ask for any more from his players☹

Hopefully that's just for the press and the chat internally is different. If not, I agree ... ☹

14 hours ago, EIEIO said:

Agree to a large extent. I've followed Hearts from 1971 the frustration for me over the past 5 years is we are no longer a financial basket case  so, should have achieved more than mediocrity.  Our player recruitment issue seems to have been resolved to a large degree this season so the manager has the right tools to do the job. We will see if he is up to the job after 2 rounds of fixtures. So far so good for me (despite the 3 draws that with some luck could have been 3 wins).

There was a 10 year period where any work was undermined by a new idea from one of the competition of paying players with no tax liabilities. Add classic officialdom in plain sight and everyone has had to adjust and accept the unacceptable;  stay in what is without question not much to do with sport. Admittedly, the club has under- achieved but never had stability until now probably since 50s

9 hours ago, mitch41 said:

I don’t even want to think of last season when Rangers won the league and St Johnstone won the League Cup and the Scottish Cup and never mind Alloa and Brora stuffing us in the cups. This season is what it’s all about and 6 games into the season we’ve thrown away 6 points to 3 teams that are worse than average. We have the players but we are led and controlled by an incompetent management. This is the 2021-22 season let’s get our act together because it’s about time we did.

The bit in bold is the chat amongst the majority of Hearts fans both in the ground on matchdays and in the boozers before and after the game. The fans just don't trust Neilson at all. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

No one ever said they expected anything of the sort so why the faux outrage. They should've won yesterday but as per the Sheep game , produced zip in the 2nd half. Maybe they could just try playing " consistently" ? Maybe set pieces could be improved,  crosses improved, decision making in attacking areas improved. Consistently.  Playedlts need to step up and deliver. Consistently. This isn't about fan pressure or RN. 

Faux outrage, how on earth did you manage to come up with that through your device :rofl:

Ridiculous decision to switch, one which the manager seems to have acknowledged in his after match comments, you leave yourself open playing with 5 forwards. If you play with forwards you give up something else, its not rocket science ffs :lol:

1 hour ago, DG_HMFC said:

The bit in bold is the chat amongst the majority of Hearts fans both in the ground on matchdays and in the boozers before and after the game. The fans just don't trust Neilson at all. 

When the fans lose trust in a manager it affects the team, when there is no improvement the manager gets it in the neck on match days eventually the board will be targeted meanwhile everyone connected to the club suffers. Going by our Chairpersons track record she will doing nothing until it gets ugly.

Niemi’s gloves
41 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

When the fans lose trust in a manager it affects the team, when there is no improvement the manager gets it in the neck on match days eventually the board will be targeted meanwhile everyone connected to the club suffers. Going by our Chairpersons track record she will doing nothing until it gets ugly.

We’ve made a pretty good start to the season. But haters just want to go on hating. 

2 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

...and the Booker Prize for fiction 2021 goes to...

2 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

I wanted RN and his staff emptied last season because of their recruitment, style (or lack of it) of play and results.

When it became clear that he/his staff were here, I was willing to give him (due to Joe Savage coming in) a chance, had recruitment, style play and results been more of the same, I would have been outside Tynecastle with my pitchfork! However, our recruitment, style of play and results have changed quite dramatically, which is very pleasing. Not providing RN with any credit for this transformation is ridiculous! I didn’t “trust” RN last season for the very specific reasons mentioned above and although I might still have some concerns about certain aspects of recruitment e.g. AG or style of play e.g. changing systems too readily, I generally “trust” RN to get it right more than he gets it wrong. So when you use the term “fans”, why not use the term ‘some’, it is a great word!

julienbrellier

Neilson is doing a great job this season and the league is looking competitive. We look much more settled and of course it’s due to excellent recruitment.

I still think we must must find our first 11 soon and play them every match as much as we can. It’s the key to going on a run and building confidence in this league. 

For me it would be:

Gordon

Souttar.    Halkett.     Kingsley

smith/Moore.  Devlin Beni.        Cochrane

Ginelly.                      Woodburn

Boyce 

Malinga the Swinga
6 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

I wanted RN and his staff emptied last season because of their recruitment, style (or lack of it) of play and results.

When it became clear that he/his staff were here, I was willing to give him (due to Joe Savage coming in) a chance, had recruitment, style play and results been more of the same, I would have been outside Tynecastle with my pitchfork! However, our recruitment, style of play and results have changed quite dramatically, which is very pleasing. Not providing RN with any credit for this transformation is ridiculous! I didn’t “trust” RN last season for the very specific reasons mentioned above and although I might still have some concerns about certain aspects of recruitment e.g. AG or style of play e.g. changing systems too readily, I generally “trust” RN to get it right more than he gets it wrong. So when you use the term “fans”, why not use the term ‘some’, it is a great word!

Most likely cause that doesn't fit with negative shit stirring pish that the haters continue to post.

Most hearts supporters recognise that we are playing improved style of play from last season and are progressing well.

Credit to Neilson and Savage.

12 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Most likely cause that doesn't fit with negative shit stirring pish that the haters continue to post.

Most hearts supporters recognise that we are playing improved style of play from last season and are progressing well.

Far too sensible😁

12 hours ago, mitch41 said:

I know Tyniei big enough for our exciting support and when we get into the European stage Murrayfield will always be an option. And you NANOJAMBO please stop bringing up the past it’s history. This is the 2021-22 season and we are owned by our FOH members who are fans who will put the club and team first for the benefit of Hearts supporters.

I take it you've sobered up now. 

3 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

You realise that your statement means that you either spoke with or overheard over 8,000 Hearts fans at the Aberdeen game, all with the same opinion on Robbie. Amazing🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Faux outrage, how on earth did you manage to come up with that through your device :rofl:

Ridiculous decision to switch, one which the manager seems to have acknowledged in his after match comments, you leave yourself open playing with 5 forwards. If you play with forwards you give up something else, its not rocket science ffs :lol:

Seriously, concocting a self-serving narrative to have a go at fans (which you do whenever RN gets any heat) Whatever, we've all moved on since yesterday.  Suffice to say,  if you were any furrther up RNs arse you'd disappear. 

Overall it’s been a positive start to the season and think we’ve shown enough to prove we can challenge for Europe this season.

The main areas of concern at the moment for me are needing another striker (think we should have kept hold of Henderson as back-up), lack of back up for the right back position which has led to players out of position and the formations not really suiting a number 10 role. We have several players who are ideal for the number 10 however, the systems played haven’t allowed for that and I feel that link between the midfield and attack is missed at times, particularly in the derby and Aberdeen home games.

Hopefully Logan can get a run at RB when he is fit and add some much needed pace to that side of the defence.

Just watched the game from Alba.   Woodburn booked for a dive, ref is a clueless ass.    Goal kick given to county on 89 minutes when devlin forced the county player to knock the ball out.    Lino flags for a goal kick, another ass.   Right in front of him, no visual obstructions. 

Apart from that, two good goals for us, other chances saved by their keeper, some chances wasted. 

They could've had several goals as well though.    That Gordon kick with his right foot that left the goal bare for the county player to score, was a big scare.    Souttar saving one near the end.    Callachan nearly tapping one in that went just over the right corner. 

There's a lot for the manager to fix.   I think Beni on his own is a problem.  Some crossing to sort out.   Some defending to sort.    Wasn't too bad a match.    Could've been better with a win obviously.   

Need to bounce back better.    I'm not worried about Livi or motherwell after their results.    Dundee United beat rangers at home then we rolled in and done them 0-2.   Will still be tough though.   

Back to 343 or a 4231.   Still think 433 is a good idea. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
37 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Seriously, concocting a self-serving narrative to have a go at fans (which you do whenever RN gets any heat) Whatever, we've all moved on since yesterday.  Suffice to say,  if you were any furrther up RNs arse you'd disappear. 

Ridiculous decision=Up Neilsons arse :lol:

Do you want to think again? Or are you capable? Had a busy Sunday, better things to do than mix with the likes of you :)

1 hour ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

We’ve made a pretty good start to the season. But haters just want to go on hating. 

I’ve met Robbie Neilson and he comes over as a great guy and good company. As for his management of Hearts well first of all hate never comes into it and secondly the reason so many fans want him gone is that he’s not up to the job and the proof is the amount of mistakes he makes in team selections, substitutions, tactics, getting beat by poor teams and the embarrassing post match excuses he comes out with that are all about covering his back. After watching what he does it’s obvious, in the time he’s been back at Hearts, he is not up to the job. In fact the longer he stays as manager players will suffer as well as the club. Neilson is a lucky man to have such a good squad and a chairperson who is more like a mother to him rather than a boss. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

Just watched the game from Alba.   Woodburn booked for a dive, ref is a clueless ass.    Goal kick given to county on 89 minutes when devlin forced the county player to knock the ball out.    Lino flags for a goal kick, another ass.   Right in front of him, no visual obstructions. 

Apart from that, two good goals for us, other chances saved by their keeper, some chances wasted. 

They could've had several goals as well though.    That Gordon kick with his right foot that left the goal bare for the county player to score, was a big scare.    Souttar saving one near the end.    Callachan nearly tapping one in that went just over the right corner. 

There's a lot for the manager to fix.   I think Beni on his own is a problem.  Some crossing to sort out.   Some defending to sort.    Wasn't too bad a match.    Could've been better with a win obviously.   

Need to bounce back better.    I'm not worried about Livi or motherwell after their results.    Dundee United beat rangers at home then we rolled in and done them 0-2.   Will still be tough though.   

Its not yet knowing your best XI. Saturdays formation might have been better tried this week with a team sitting in, not one that wanted to attack. Isolating Beni is not a great idea, pairing him is going to be so more beneficial, Devlin could be very useful in tandem. 5 forwards is never a great idea, needs to be a balance, we are not a great defensive unit in any case, without exposing them wilfully

30 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I’ve met Robbie Neilson and he comes over as a great guy and good company. As for his management of Hearts well first of all hate never comes into it and secondly the reason so many fans want him gone is that he’s not up to the job and the proof is the amount of mistakes he makes in team selections, substitutions, tactics, getting beat by poor teams and the embarrassing post match excuses he comes out with that are all about covering his back. After watching what he does it’s obvious, in the time he’s been back at Hearts, he is not up to the job. In fact the longer he stays as manager players will suffer as well as the club. Neilson is a lucky man to have such a good squad and a chairperson who is more like a mother to him rather than a boss. 

I have watched the Famous since 1961 and the faults you attribute to RN could be attributed (in some fan’s eyes) to every manager in my lifetime apart from George Burley!!!!! Give it a rest please!

41 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

🤣🤣

52 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

His win % would suggest he is more than up for the job.

33 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

I have watched the Famous since 1961 and the faults you attribute to RN could be attributed (in some fan’s eyes) to every manager in my lifetime apart from George Burley!!!!! Give it a rest please!

Well my first game was in 1958 at Tynie v Aberdeen 5-1 to the Hearts. And now you say “Give it a rest” and I say to hell with that because you will accept mediocrity for Hearts while I want the best and the management we have had in Cathro, Levein & Neilson is nowhere near good enough. You have a lot to learn about supporting Hearts my young friend.

17 minutes ago, Stone1992 said:

His win % would suggest he is more than up for the job.

2 seasons in the Championship I’d of hoped he had a good win rate just don’t mention Alloa and Brora.

1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

I’m just home from Dingwall and joining in. The linesman (a Michael Van Gerwen mini-me in his green top) gave a free-kick against Devlin which was an incredible made up decision right in front of us. Not seen the offside a minute later but that looked made up as well. Saw Craig Gordon giving him a proper dressing down at half-time so maybe that came back to haunt us.

The Devlin booking was just ridiculous. Could see from 100 yards away he lost his balance stretching for the ball when it was slightly behind him. Or at least that’s how it looked. No claim for any infringement either. David Dickinson is a Bargain Hunt!

2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

2 seasons in the Championship I’d of hoped he had a good win rate just don’t mention Alloa and Brora.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Robbie has had us sitting outside the top 4 during his time in charge of Hearts in the Premiership. 

4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Can only beat what is in front of you.

Being in the championship was not his fault.

You can pick almost any manager and highlight some disastrous results. 

2 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Robbie has had us sitting outside the top 4 during his time in charge of Hearts in the Premiership. 

And…..if your happy with that fine.

4 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Your posts get weirder by the day. Unless you've missed it, we are currently 2nd equal in the league after playing 3 of the top 4 from last season. Can't really see how everyone connected to the club are suffering? 

2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Exactly. Anyone who says they can't see an improvement in our play is at it

7 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Well my first game was in 1958 at Tynie v Aberdeen 5-1 to the Hearts. And now you say “Give it a rest” and I say to hell with that because you will accept mediocrity for Hearts while I want the best and the management we have had in Cathro, Levein & Neilson is nowhere near good enough. You have a lot to learn about supporting Hearts my young friend.

So Mitch which Managers have we had since 1958 who did not incur the wrath of some/most/all of the fans because some/most/all of these fans thought he was crap because we played poorly , played players who should never be in the team or got tactics all wrong as far as some/most/all were concerned. I can only think of one…Burley, who in his short time played really exciting, high tempo fitba, had great players throughout the squad and got great results. Please let me know who you think (other than Burley) has managed this in your 62 years of watching. 

9 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

I’m just home from Dingwall and joining in. The linesman (a Michael Van Gerwen mini-me in his green top) gave a free-kick against Devlin which was an incredible made up decision right in front of us. Not seen the offside a minute later but that looked made up as well. Saw Craig Gordon giving him a proper dressing down at half-time so maybe that came back to haunt us.

The Devlin booking was just ridiculous. Could see from 100 yards away he lost his balance stretching for the ball when it was slightly behind him. Or at least that’s how it looked. No claim for any infringement either. David Dickinson is a Bargain Hunt!

What about Woodburn's booking wtf was that for?

3 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Your posts get weirder by the day. Unless you've missed it, we are currently 2nd equal in the league after playing 3 of the top 4 from last season. Can't really see how everyone connected to the club are suffering? 

They will and the answer is to stop it from happening.

2 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

So Mitch which Managers have we had since 1958 who did not incur the wrath of some/most/all of the fans because some/most/all of these fans thought he was crap because we played poorly , played players who should never be in the team or got tactics all wrong as far as some/most/all were concerned. I can only think of one…Burley, who in his short time played really exciting, high tempo fitba, had great players throughout the squad and got great results. Please let me know who you think (other than Burley) has managed this in your 62 years of watching. 

What is this a quiz on past Hearts managers. What are you trying to do drive me mad.   🤪

12 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

And…..if your happy with that fine.

If your not happy with that it'll be a miserable time supporting Hearts. You've supported us since the 50s but not happy with top 4... WOW fair play for sticking at it all those years