• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harry Potter

• King prawn

• GinRummy

• Hearts1975

1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

But to keep it up we either have to win more games or stay undefeated...

Well we'd certainly need to win more games given we only actually have 12 points

5 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Fully agree with that. We definitely have the players to set up more attacking. I, like u, would like to see us set up to give the front 4-5 players autonomy to go and play as player wise, our attacking options are better than what we have had in a long long time

I get it’s a balance but it’s still early days and the new players have only played a handful of games together so they should get better 

I just hope when Neilson finds what he is looking for he sticks with it and doesn’t change it again. Not criticising but that was one of my biggest criticisms of him last season.

I’m just not a big believer in playing one system for the sheep, another for the vermin, another for Ross County etc etc 

I know what you mean with that. Levein done the same on occasion, changing things up because worried about the opposition. Find a system that gets the best out of the players and work on making that style/approach/formation better. That way everyone knows what they’re doing. How many times have we changed things to go to Glasgow and lost goals to unforced errors? More than a few. 

...andFulton'sBaggio

I really hope Robbie's just searching for the best system for the players and not planning to "mix it up" formation wise every week. I don't mind swapping one or two players here or there, but the constant chopping and changing last time round (Robbie's first season in the top league) did my head in. Still, we're playing much better football than we have done in a long time and if we can get our shooting boots on results will surely come...

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Boab said:

Crossing..definitely. You have to make the defence work every time. Law of averages and you get that break.

It was the same last year, training videos showed them doing drills with static metal dummies doesn’t replicate match situations. 

So take the Celtic game out as a freak result, which in reality it is…. We’ve dropped 4 points at home and not beaten the bottom club away from home… pretty average start to the season considering the squad we’ve assembled, and yet once again clear and obvious holes in the squad with no RB cover, and what do we do without Boyce!

Just now, Jambomb said:

So take the Celtic game out as a freak result, which in reality it is…. We’ve dropped 4 points at home and not beaten the bottom club away from home… pretty average start to the season considering the squad we’ve assembled, and yet once again clear and obvious holes in the squad with no RB cover, and what do we do without Boyce!

Take out the two out of character away wins as well and we're fighting relegation

...andFulton'sBaggio
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I know what you mean with that. Levein done the same on occasion, changing things up because worried about the opposition. Find a system that gets the best out of the players and work on making that style/approach/formation better. That way everyone knows what they’re doing. How many times have we changed things to go to Glasgow and lost goals to unforced errors? More than a few. 

Exactly. JJ was good at (mostly) just using the same formation each week and letting the players go and do their stuff

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Exactly right. You lose the consistency with making formation changes etc even although the counter argument put forward is that it is for tactical reasons and based on the team you are playing 

Bollocks to that. Find out what suits and let the other teams worry about what to do 

2 minutes ago, Jambomb said:

Let’s leave the Celtic result in and take the Ross County game out as a freak result. What now?

13 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Completely agree.

Thanks for that input 👍  is it because ur own team had a miserable result at Easter Road that you've decided to comment here? Poor soul

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Assumptions more than confirmed about a certain poster. Will easily ignore them in this thread and any other from here on in. At best being an internet troll, at worst could be one of the dregs of society.

I must remind myself never to compare two players I think are shite, both of whom happen to be black.

Just now, Hearts1975 said:

Exactly right. You lose the consistency with making formation changes etc even although the counter argument put forward is that it is for tactical reasons and based on the team you are playing 

Bollocks to that. Find out what suits and let the other teams worry about what to do 

In fairness, it was blatantly obvious that Moore can't play WB last week, so you either risk a winger on the right or change to a 4. 

I think the 4 would have worked better if we'd got one of GMS or McKay out for Devlin, but I think a 4 was the sensible call today

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Let’s leave the Celtic result in and take the Ross County game out as a freak result. What now?

Strange answer… but we’ve still dropped 4 points at home then!

6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Assumptions more than confirmed about a certain poster. Will easily ignore them in this thread and any other from here on in. At best being an internet troll, at worst could be one of the dregs of society.

They’re not confirmed at all. That may be your opinion though but nothing at all has been confirmed. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
3 minutes ago, Faldo said:

Thanks for that input 👍  is it because ur own team had a miserable result at Easter Road that you've decided to comment here? Poor soul

Are you happy with today? Or last Sunday?

ETA, and Aberdeen?

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

1 minute ago, Jambomb said:

Strange answer… but we’ve still dropped 4 points at home then!

No, yours was strange. My answer was the same as yours but the opposite extreme. Let’s just leave all the results in the mix and say we should have done better. 

Francis Albert
20 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Got to figure some come from surrounding areas though...What are the rest doing? guarding the houses from burglars?

Always amazes me how people mock small towns for their low crowds when as a proportion of their population they almost invariably do better than Hearts do. Edinburgh also has a rather larger surrounding population than Dingwall .

3rd in the league after 6 games. And their goalie had a great game.

Given preseason expectation, and frankly the last wee while, I'm chuffed. I've seen us lose these type of games way too often. 

Yes, I would have loved to have won. But if we can stay in the top 4 all season, then league wise, that's a great season for us when recent history is taken into account.

20 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

On another day would have won comfortably.. just wasn’t to be today.  Decent start to the season - smash livi at home next week

On another day they'd have taken some of the easy chances they created. Our defence can only ride it's luck for so long and likewise our forward players need to be more clinical. A draw was okay but the best positive from today was not getting beaten. Disappointed in Gnando and Jamie Walker. Still work to do on the recruitment front.

1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

'Creating chances' , 'players getting up to speed'

Bit windy at times and the pitch dinnae help...   He has actually utter this shite.   Still feel he is too much of a tinker.

Just now, GinRummy said:

No, yours was strange. My answer was the same as yours but the opposite extreme. Let’s just leave all the results in the mix and say we should have done better. 

It’s not though, if we want to do better winning at the bottom club home and away is required… the odd great result against Celtic means nothing. And dropping point at home to both our nearest rivals ain’t good. We’ve had a pretty decent set of fixtures to start the season, with a great (but let’s face it freak result) against Celtic, we’ve not made the most of it.

6 points in the next two games or it’s been a terrible start points wise….

All roads lead to Gorgie

If we could only sort out the crossing into the box then we are onto something. At the moment everything coming in seems a foot too high, short or over hit. Gnando will score goals if we just tweak the delivery.

We are not switched on enough in defense to compensate for missed opportunities at the other end!

1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Just watched their second goal go in. Dearie dearie me. 

When's the Hibs game on? Arguably worse result. At home. Poor. 

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

63% possession. Plenty chances as with Robbie first time he builds something it culminates in a big win and he changes it around. Good times round the corner and this post lacks any foresight 

No foresight needed just watch today’s efforts and it’s simply not good enough. If we can’t beat the likes of Ross County with this current squad then something is wrong. However it’s the same old Hearts we have struggled for decades to bury these teams which always means we struggle to gain points on the likes of the Erse Cheeks. 

3 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

3rd in the league after 6 games. And their goalie had a great game.

Given preseason expectation, and frankly the last wee while, I'm chuffed. I've seen us lose these type of games way too often. 

Yes, I would have loved to have won. But if we can stay in the top 4 all season, then league wise, that's a great season for us when recent history is taken into account.

The team certainly have a lots of grit and resilience about them and this season has been better than I thought so far. Disappointing results in the last 3 games though and still some poor defending, mostly covered by Gordon, some pish finishing as well. Feel our chances of improving are fairly good though. Optimistic. 

3 minutes ago, Jambomb said:

Why not…  next round of fixtures could put us in a pretty poor position.

The teams were 3rd and 4th while we were in the championship.  I see a lot of room for improvement but we gained nothing  on these teams and likewise neither did they on Hearts. We also regularly pump Hibs away 

Edited by Riccarton3

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

It was, but there were enough of them and Hearts bodieS in the box that some landed on a Hearts head/foot.

Must do better though.

👍

3 minutes ago, Jambomb said:

It’s not though, if we want to do better winning at the bottom club home and away is required… the odd great result against Celtic means nothing. And dropping point at home to both our nearest rivals ain’t good. We’ve had a pretty decent set of fixtures to start the season, with a great (but let’s face it freak result) against Celtic, we’ve not made the most of it.

6 points in the next two games or it’s been a terrible start points wise….

A win against Celtic doesn’t mean nothing. We overachieved that day and underachieved today. The draws at home to sheep and Hibs were poor results but hardly that bad. We’ve drawn against Hibs at home in some of our best seasons. 

Agree though, we need to win against the likes of Livi and Motherwell. 

5 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

In fairness, it was blatantly obvious that Moore can't play WB last week, so you either risk a winger on the right or change to a 4. 

I think the 4 would have worked better if we'd got one of GMS or McKay out for Devlin, but I think a 4 was the sensible call today

I thought we played 3-4-1-2 today? 
2 wing backs and no wingers. Mackay on the right and Kingsley on the left. I don’t think it was a 4. 
Still don’t think the formation was the issue. The only change to last week was that we played an attacking midfielder and 2 up top rather than the 2 wingers 

just felt that we maybe lost the goals down to the fact we were a bit light and Woodburn was a bit lost in CM when he started there with Beni. Looked more solid when devlin came on 

I don’t mind the manager changing things to see if something else works better. Just making the point to GR that when we find out what works best for us, stick with it! 

8 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I must remind myself never to compare two players I think are shite, both of whom happen to be black.

Ah, so you’re saying I’m being over simplistic? Okay. Halliday and Baningime play the same position, but are completely different styles of player. They are not a direct comparison. Just like Ikpeazu and Gnanduillet in no way shape or form a direct comparison. In my opinion to say either are a “donkey” is ridiculous at any rate, but how anyone with basic observational skills could say that about Gnanduillet especially is beyond me.

11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

They’re not confirmed at all. That may be your opinion though but nothing at all has been confirmed. 

My post said my assumptions are confirmed. I never specified what those assumptions were, but I went on to explain they were “either” a dreg of society at worst OR a troll. They are, at the very least a troll, and that to me has been confirmed.

This from our Manager Neilson…..

“But we lost two scrappy goals in the first half. We knew with Jordan White up front they would go direct and would get second balls.

“We lost two and that was the most frustrating thing.” 

So no planning to stop the threat!?

1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

I thought we played 3-4-1-2 today? 
2 wing backs and no wingers. Mackay on the right and Kingsley on the left. I don’t think it was a 4. 
Still don’t think the formation was the issue. The only change to last week was that we played an attacking midfielder and 2 up top rather than the 2 wingers 

just felt that we maybe lost the goals down to the fact we were a bit light and Woodburn was a bit lost in CM when he started there with Beni. Looked more solid when devlin came on 

I don’t mind the manager changing things to see if something else works better. Just making the point to GR that when we find out what works best for us, stick with it! 

Nah, it was a 4 5 1.  We went to a 3 sometimes when KingsIey went forward but Moore played RB.

Unless I am completely wrong

manaliveits105
11 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Just watched their second goal go in. Dearie dearie me. 

Very fortunate ball took a weird deflection off Beni then the shot a deflection off Souttar 

I see the Scottish refs still adopt the policy of if the forward is 6 foot 3 or above and black it’s a foul against him 

Edited by manaliveits105

2 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

This from our Manager Neilson…..

“But we lost two scrappy goals in the first half. We knew with Jordan White up front they would go direct and would get second balls.

“We lost two and that was the most frustrating thing.” 

So no planning to stop the threat!?

Sounds like the players failed to deal with what they were warned about... How do you interpret it?

2 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

Nah, it was a 4 5 1.  We went to a 3 sometimes when KingsIey went forward but Moore played RB.

Unless I am completely wrong

See I thought Mackay played right back. In the first half we had him on one side and Kingsley on the left. 3 x Central defenders. Beni and Woodburn in cm. Gms attacking midfield and then Boyce and gnando up top. Again, I could be wrong - just what I thought 

Just now, Hearts1975 said:

See I thought Mackay played right wing back. In the first half we had him on one side and Kingsley on the left. 3 x Central defenders. Beni and Woodburn in cm. Gms attacking midfield and then Boyce and gnando up top. Again, I could be wrong - just what I thought 

3 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Very fortunate ball took a weird deflection off Beni then the shot a deflection off Souttar 

I see the Scottish refs still adopt the policy of if the forward is 6 foot 3 or above and black it’s a foul against him 

Beni has to stop that cross really, but leaving a free man 5 yards out was pretty schoolboy stuff.

3 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Devlin makes his debut and Mackay Steven can't even muster anything like support when replaced.

Really? That's pretty shitty from GMS if true.