• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harry Potter

• King prawn

• GinRummy

• Hearts1975

Never watched the game but will see it on Alba later. Disappointed with the result today, but we're still in a good postion with hibs and aberdeen dropping points. 

Roll on next week

part_time_jambo
Just now, Hearts1975 said:

It’s 3 points for a win and it’s 3 points lost. That was based on winning the game 

I’m well aware that we took a point for the draw

And I'm well aware I was being a smart arse again. Sorry.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Always disappointed to drop points against much smaller teams but that wasn't awful. Dominated for long spells and had some good chances. But just hanging cross after cross into the box over 25 times is just archaic stuff. Surely we can do better than that. 

SpruceBringsteen
Just now, hearts00 said:

And yet…

Well indeed. Wonder why we didn't, and why - as someone said earlier - we've drawn 8 of our last 10 against them. A real headscratcher.

We made loads of chances. Couldn't take them today. Another day we score 5. Would get Devlin in next to benni for the next game and let the front 4 go and play

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

Two points dropped definitely. Wasted opportunity as others have said. We didn’t play terribly though, which is all I can say. Some good play, especially first half. Some players slipping in and out of the game though. Gnanduillet didn’t put a foot wrong and even his limited chances he took well but was denied by an impressive keeper. We desperately need to know how to play a god damn cross though.

Great summary of the game.  

We are light years ahead of where we were last season let alone two seasons ago. 

We were a little slack today and conceded goals which we have not done this season. But a theme all the way through so far (Utd away, Aberdeen and Hibs at home) is that for all the good build up play and good positions we get into, we are just not picking/executing the final ball and we are no where near clinical enough. 

But I sense goals are coming in the next few weeks. 

1 minute ago, Ford Prentice said:

Generally avoid calling out another poster but for this to be someone's take from that game beggars belief. Utter nonsense.

Every right to call that out. No one with eyes can possibly have their opinion unless they are blinded by something else they stubbornly hold onto.

rudi must stay
12 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Simply not good enough. 

63% possession. Plenty chances as with Robbie first time he builds something it culminates in a big win and he changes it around. Good times round the corner and this post lacks any foresight 

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

Never watched the game but will see it on Alba later. Disappointed with the result today, but we're still in a good postion with hibs and aberdeen dropping points. 

Roll on next week

No we are in a bad position by failing to take advantage of Aberdeen and Hibs dropped points.

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

Every right to call that out. No one with eyes can possibly have their opinion unless they are blinded by something else they stubbornly hold onto.

That’s a bit of a leap for me. Gnando was decent though. 

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Enough chances to win 3 games which positive we making plenty chances but we need to get practicing crossing and finishing 

From the 45 minutes County let me watch we looked fantastic going forward but the finishing was terrible. 

ToadKiller Dog

Poor result ok performance for the most part .

Combination of poor finishing and a keeper having a good day .

We certainly ain't the finished article yet .

But we certainly have lots of options now .

7 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Not the worst result tbh but now need to win the next two home games. 

I hope Motherwell do win tomorrow. 
They’ve got RC at home next and us Livi.

Sets up a cracker at Tynecastle against them ! 

13 minutes ago, Cade said:

Hearts: 1 point away

Hibs: 1 point at home

Aberdeen: 0 points at home

Could have been better.

Could have been worse.

Lucky for us Hibs and Aberdeen didn't take advantage of our pish performance.

Pretty much it.

Shows how far we've come that we are disappointed with the result.

Just now, hearts00 said:

Great summary of the game.  

We are light years ahead of where we were last season let alone two seasons ago. 

We were a little slack today and conceded goals which we have not done this season. But a theme all the way through so far (Utd away, Aberdeen and Hibs at home) is that for all the good build up play and good positions we get into, we are just not picking/executing the final ball and we are no where near clinical enough. 

But I sense goals are coming in the next few weeks. 

Definitely some positives to take. Felt bad for Haring pre-game, but I actually like the idea of Baningime and Devlin going forward. Devlin has the ability to toe poke the ball away when he doesn’t look like it’s his to win too.

Just now, Francis Albert said:

No we are in a bad position by failing to take advantage of Aberdeen and Hibs dropped points.

No question that’s 6 dropped points now in games we expect and possibly should be winning. Certainly 4 points dropped. 

Always disappointed when Hearts don't win but the missed chances in the first half cost us and today has proven to me that we can't get away with just one centre midfielder.

We looked much better when Devlin came on.  I'd expect him to start next week. 

I'm still pleased with the start to the season and we've now got two home games we should be looking to win. 

Reminded me of a Stendel performance. All out attack and some sloppy defending! Disappointing result and lucky not to lose at the death.

Two good goals from Boyce and Kingsley.

Mackay and Devlin both look really good additions. 

Obviously should have one but neilson has set up to have a go. On another day you are up at half time by 2 instead of down by 1.

Am I won over by Robbie yet no, but let's take the point and move on to next Saturday 

8 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Pragmatism is a very nice trait and all that, but Heart of Midlothian should be comfortably dealing with dross of County's level 9 times out of 10.

Posted a few minutes ago, Hearts have drawn 8 of the last 10 games against that lot. 

Tynecastlesmychurch

The fact Aberdeen lost again and hibs dropped points at home. Makes this more palatable. However that’s definitely another 2 points dropped. It’s likely we finish the weekend 4th when we could have been too. Although more likely second but the point is two moments of poor defending and the fact that out of nearly 20 attempts at goal we managed just 2 goals. Finishing and crossing needs worked on. Also slightly worried that when not in the 343 we look a wee bit shaky defensively. I was happy with the line up at the start of the game. I like the look of 4132 but think if we’re going 4 at the back it’s better to go 4231 with Cammy or Haring next to Beni. 

Their are definitely positives from today.

No honestly their are! 🤣

1. Still unbeaten. 
2. At least we are creating plenty chances. Witch let’s be honest hasn’t always been the case! 
3. Someone’s getting a doing from us soon. I can feel it in my water! 🤣

4. Devlin looks a player, looking forward to seeing more of him!

5. We look a better side than Aberdeen, at least in the early stages of the season anyway. Witch considering their supposed 15 mill wage bill is definitely another massive positive.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

That’s a bit of a leap for me. Gnando was decent though. 

It’s a leap of ridiculous proportions to have watched that game and come to the conclusion he was a donkey though. Some have formed an early opinion (based on whatever) and they stubbornly hold onto it. If their keeper hadn't had a great game and Gnanduillet had scored two, I have no doubts there would be silence as opposed to compliments. Pub chat discourse that stubbornly gets held onto regardless throughout a player’s career.

Guest ToqueJambo

Another cracking game. Highly entertaining. I would choose controlling midfield with Haring and Beni over the more attacking lineup though as more likely way to pick up points. Can't beat that for entertainment though.

Is it just me or do other's find us dull to watch? 1st half was good but second half we never performed at the same levels, is this down to fitness or coaching? 

Leveins Battalion

Can we just bin Halkett please,just a fat ,slow piece of guff.

Folk creaming over drawing with a team with Callachan,Paton ,White and Watson in it.🤣

A team that has been pumped off Rangers,Celtic and Hibs....yet we scrape a adraw.

2 words,not good enough.

We're creating plenty of chances in nearly every game we play. If we can start finding the net and tighten up the defensive mistakes we will be in a very very good position. Performances have been pretty decent and will only improve as players like Mckay and Devlin bed in.

3 minutes ago, leith_dude said:

Always disappointed when Hearts don't win but the missed chances in the first half cost us and today has proven to me that we can't get away with just one centre midfielder.

We looked much better when Devlin came on.  I'd expect him to start next week. 

I'm still pleased with the start to the season and we've now got two home games we should be looking to win. 

This

Seymour M Hersh

This team is growing together and bonding and we've improved as a team and a squad almost out of all recognition. This squad will get better and better as they get to know each other. Today was disappointing but in no way a disaster. Onwards and upwards. 

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Folk creaming over drawing with a team with Callachan,Paton ,White and Watson in it.🤣

A team that has been pumped off Rangers,Celtic and Hibs....yet we scrape a adraw.

2 words,not good enough.

Who's creaming over a draw exactly?

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Is it just me or do other's find us dull to watch? 1st half was good but second half we never performed at the same levels, is this down to fitness or coaching? 

Wouldn’t have called that dull. There was a lull in the 2nd half certainly, especially as County looked to shut up shop. But I think overall we played some good stuff, but our final ball has let us down over and over again.

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

McKay looks 10 times more effective than Gino

Well, yes I tend to agree but unfortunately McKay’s final product today was very poor despite doing some very good work until that point. 

should have scored in first half when through and picked the wrong pass three times when in great positions to cut it back. 

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

2 words,not good enough.

Bro....🤦

We had around 17 shots and over 60% possession in the game.

Gutted at that result. Still think these are the games we should be winning and given how we have started. 
We should have won that but at least we are creating lots of chances and we are still unbeaten. 

we really need to work on our final ball in the last third and finishing. That’s where we can really start making a difference 

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Wouldn’t have called that dull. There was a lull in the 2nd half certainly, especially as County looked to shut up shop. But I think overall we played some good stuff, but our final ball has let us down over and over again.

Yeah 👍

15 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Glaring chance to go top. GMS better be walking home. 

Was he not brought up round the corner from Dingwall> :lol: