***Official Ross County vs Heart Of Midlothian Match Thread***

William H. Bonney

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

You're very wrong mate 👍

Aye, clearly. 

🤣🤣

Just now, innerjambo said:

Really looking good with stats. It's a pity we couldn't join a stats league 🤷‍♂️

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harry Potter

• King prawn

• GinRummy

• Hearts1975

Just now, ...andFulton'sBaggio said:

Disappointing. Not sure i understood the starting lineup... Robbie is perhaps guilty of trying to be too clever at times? We seem to have a lot of players vying for the no10 position. I reckon he's gonna have to make a choice between GMS and Woodburn at some point

No brainer. GMS never played consistently well enough for every team he's been with. Didn't see him play in America though. 

Dropping 2 points to the likes of Aberdeen & Hibs at Tynie as well as another 2 points against Ross County today is just not good enough. That's 6 points dropped against 3 poor teams. Yes I'm not happy because I know this team can do a lot better and I can see this turning out to be another season of what might of been if we had a decent manager.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, brux said:

Couldn't disagree more, we are playing great football now, not the finished article but very pleasing on the eye.

Everyone wanted more attacking intent away from home. Can't say we didn't give it go. Personally I'd rather a 1-0 dull away win but the fans who went hopefully enjoyed it more than the other away games they've been to in recent years.

15 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Can we just bin Halkett please,just a fat ,slow piece of guff.

Folk creaming over drawing with a team with Callachan,Paton ,White and Watson in it.🤣

A team that has been pumped off Rangers,Celtic and Hibs....yet we scrape a adraw.

2 words,not good enough.

Definitely 3 words.

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Yet, correct. 

A few agitators trying their best to start the dull football pish and tactics pish on this thread. 

They'd be full steam ahead if We'd lost. 

They are itching for us to lose, it's obvious. 

Just ignore them instead of frothing at the mouth over a point. There were positive signs but not enough to be getting it up other Hearts fans. 

2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

RN still getting it wrong, even with this squad. 

It’s probably easy for me to say it with hindsight. Just pissed that we never took the 3 points. The vermin dropped points and the sheep got pumped so it sort of makes up for it. 

1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

Not a good result and we are fortunate that Hibs and Aberdeen are not as good as their media pals make out. Despite the ambitious talk of getting close to Rangers and Celtic, it’s not going to happen this season. Our competitors seem to be Hibs and Aberdeen, with an eye to be kept on Motherwell and St Johnstone. 
I didn’t see the game today but it seems that good chances are being missed, which usually comes back to bite any team.

Probably the best we can say about us for now is that we are hard to beat, which is certainly an improvement on our last season in this league.

Maybe playing with two holding midfield players, who in fairness do attack a fair bit too, isn’t such a bad idea if it stops us having to score two goals to draw against Ross County.

We need two wins from these home games coming up, with Ibrox to come soon.

The sheep are pish.

There is a real possibility we could be 10 ahead of them in a couple of weeks time. 
Hibs and Motherwell are playing better.

6 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

You’re really tedious btw. Give it a rest

Well said. He’s happy when we draw or lose so he can have a go at fans who just want the best for the club. It’s either trolling or he’s a simpleton. 

Tynecastlesmychurch
12 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Is it just me or do other's find us dull to watch? 1st half was good but second half we never performed at the same levels, is this down to fitness or coaching? 

I think that’s harsh mate. County deliberately slowed the game down and tried to take the sting out of our play in the second half. They were defending a lead. And honestly their keeper had a really good game today too! 

Honestly if that’s how you saw the game tho then fair enough. Each to their own as they say! But I genuinely thought it was a case of county trying to suck the life out of the game in the second half.  

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think Woodburn's fitness is being managed quite carefully. Cracking player.

Beni good again. Gnando was very good and unlucky not to get a goal. GMS is so wasteful in front of goal at times. Walker showed why he's still worth a place in the squad. Kingsley was good today as well, saw much more of him going forward. McKay was excellent in fits and starts - if this is him not fully match fit looking forward to seeing him when he is.

Hard to disagree with any of that. Maybe the Kingsley point, I thought he got forward we’ll (which is why I want to see him as LWB with a back three so he has more license) but thought all too often picked the wrong cross choice or pass. Especially in the first half. Cracking goal mind you.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Not a good result and we are fortunate that Hibs and Aberdeen are not as good as their media pals make out. Despite the ambitious talk of getting close to Rangers and Celtic, it’s not going to happen this season. Our competitors seem to be Hibs and Aberdeen, with an eye to be kept on Motherwell and St Johnstone. 
I didn’t see the game today but it seems that good chances are being missed, which usually comes back to bite any team.

Probably the best we can say about us for now is that we are hard to beat, which is certainly an improvement on our last season in this league.

Maybe playing with two holding midfield players, who in fairness do attack a fair bit too, isn’t such a bad idea if it stops us having to score two goals to draw against Ross County.

We need two wins from these home games coming up, with Ibrox to come soon.

I watched it. We missed a couple of good chances but their goalie also saved a couple. Ross County only had a couple of half chances aside from their goals. Good dominant performance from us - extremely attacking. Didn;t get the 3 pts but again not for want of trying to attack, which is what people have been screaming for us to do for months if not years now.

1 minute ago, One five said:

I take it the crossing was bad? Never watched it ! School boy stuff to cross a ball from a corner  or free kick !  unless it’s windy .

Tbh, just going by the comments on here during the game, general consensus would have it crossing and corners were not up to standard required.

33 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Basically yes. His team selection and defensive tactics will always see these types of games. Also the simple fact that he hasn't signed a decent striker will also impact on our league position.

His tactics of creating loads of chances? 
What was defensive about the selection today?

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Everyone wanted more attacking intent away from home. Can't say we didn't give it go. Personally I'd rather a 1-0 dull away win but the fans who went hopefully enjoyed it more than the other away games they've been to in recent years.

The game is all about winning, however moaners will moan with a dull 1 0 win or a good performance 2 2 draw. That's 2 weeks now we have played well but not won, next week we need to kick on and win v livi, with style would be good too.

2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Sadj man I expect better of you.

Sorry , it made me laugh in amongst the positive and negative madness of the comments

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, jamboozy said:

Tbh, just going by the comments on here during the game, general consensus would have it crossing and corners were not up to standard required.

Our crossing has been pretty poor all season. It should be a fairly easy thing to work on and improve though.

1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

It’s probably easy for me to say it with hindsight. Just pissed that we never took the 3 points. The vermin dropped points and the sheep got pumped so it sort of makes up for it. 

Little compensation when you consider who we were playing. 

3 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

No brainer. GMS never played consistently well enough for every team he's been with. Didn't see him play in America though. 

Thing is GMS has more contributions that led to a goal (assist for a goal or scoring)  than any one else in the team. He is enfuriating at times but it was his pass for Boyce’s goal. He has also scored and won us two penalties. 

Missed a sitter today though and it was costly. 

16 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Didn’t question the Devlin substitution, but Walker for Woodburn was an odd one for me. Woodburn was booked but looked decent and didn’t look like he was tiring.

This! Crazy substitution…Woodburn was the most dynamic and intelligent player on the pitch for us. I’m concerned the pre-planned 60-65 mins substitutions of GMS and Woodburn are going to be a recurring theme this season, irrespective of their form. That’s fine if the replacements are of similar quality or threat, but they aren’t.

17 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It’s a leap of ridiculous proportions to have watched that game and come to the conclusion he was a donkey though. Some have formed an early opinion (based on whatever) and they stubbornly hold onto it. If their keeper hadn't had a great game and Gnanduillet had scored two, I have no doubts there would be silence as opposed to compliments. Pub chat discourse that stubbornly gets held onto regardless throughout a player’s career.

No, scoring two today would not change my opinion that he is a donkey. He is Uche (another donkey) without the brawn.   Simply not good enough and him being in the team lends itself to playing for ‘seconds’! 

8 minutes ago, One five said:

I take it the crossing was bad? Never watched it ! School boy stuff to cross a ball from a corner  or free kick !  unless it’s windy .

It was, but there were enough of them and Hearts bodieS in the box that some landed on a Hearts head/foot.

Must do better though.

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, clearly. 

🤣🤣

Listen Smith's this is a forum, you had you're opinion on Levein etc and you're entitled too that, and I'm allowed mines!!  Itching to see us lose, no itching to see us win 👍 yes. 

Ask yourself this do you think we should of won today? Or was a draw a fair result?

I said first half we were great, 2nd in my opinion we didn't perform to the levels of the 1st half. 

You can't just go throwing about ridiculous claims as if you are the spokesperson of Heart of Midlothian football club, because you are not 👍

I respect you're opinion, and would be really greatful if you could respect mine. 

But to say i want the football team i support to lose for what, how does that benefit me as a supporter, take a step back and think of what is coming out of that mouth of yours 👍

Leveins Battalion

Thoughts on Boyce and Gnando partnership?...Not for me.

GMS needs to get the finger out.

Halkett,my God,just disgusting.

Devlin 😍

McKay looks promising.

Defo need a right wing back.👍

19 minutes ago, Homme said:

I know why we play that high looping cross but to do it every time is frustrating. 

I don’t 

seems useless 

is it to win a send ball?

4 minutes ago, combo74 said:

This! Crazy substitution…Woodburn was the most dynamic and intelligent player on the pitch for us. I’m concerned the pre-planned 60-65 mins substitutions of GMS and Woodburn are going to be a recurring theme this season, irrespective of their form. That’s fine if the replacements are of similar quality or threat, but they aren’t.

Woodburn played well today imo. Has a great pass on him.

12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Technically, to lose something you have to have it in the first place. 

We really should have won that. Gutted that we didn’t. We have started really well but Not winning these type of games can make a big difference to the season. RC will be thrilled to bits. Doesn’t mean we should be. 

Woodburn is obviously not fit enough for 90 mins hence why he keeps coming off without complaint. He is comfortably our most talented player. 

5 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Well said. He’s happy when we draw or lose so he can have a go at fans who just want the best for the club. It’s either trolling or he’s a simpleton. 

not sure it's an either or tbh

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Listen Smith's this is a forum, you had you're opinion on Levein etc and you're entitled too that, and I'm allowed mines!!  Itching to see us lose, no itching to see us win 👍 yes. 

Ask yourself this do you think we should of won today? Or was a draw a fair result?

I said first half we were great, 2nd in my opinion we didn't perform to the levels of the 1st half. 

You can't just go throwing about ridiculous claims as if you are the spokesperson of Heart of Midlothian football club, because you are not 👍

I respect you're opinion, and would be really greatful if you could respect mine. 

But to say i want the football team i support to lose for what, how does that benefit me as a supporter, take a step back and think of what is coming out of that mouth of yours 👍

Don't feed the troll 

5 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Dropping 2 points to the likes of Aberdeen & Hibs at Tynie as well as another 2 points against Ross County today is just not good enough. That's 6 points dropped against 3 poor teams. Yes I'm not happy because I know this team can do a lot better and I can see this turning out to be another season of what might of been if we had a decent manager.

Looks like that is our title challenge gone then.

Seriously WTF do you expect from Hearts based on our record over the past 40 years?

Time to wake up and be realistic over your expectations.

Just now, Stendelnator said:

Woodburn is obviously not fit enough for 90 mins hence why he keeps coming off without complaint. He is comfortably our most talented player. 

Luckily we are only playing 1 per week, when we get to 2 per week he should be fit.

Just now, frankblack said:

Looks like that is our title challenge gone then.

Seriously WTF do you expect from Hearts based on our record over the past 40 years?

Time to wake up and be realistic over your expectations.

Sod the past. I can see your a white flag waver at the games. Shame on you.

5 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Little compensation when you consider who we were playing. 

These are the type of games we need and should be winning, for sure 

3 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

The lads a great player.

He is a great player. Some folk were calling for him to get hooked and he was being played out of position at the time! Enjoy him while he is here.