***Official Ross County vs Heart Of Midlothian Match Thread***

William H. Bonney

Disappointing result.

Sloppy defending cost us.

Set up was fine, loads of possession, loads of attacking play, loads of chances, loads of crosses  loads of players running past the ball into spaces etc.

Another 2 points dropped though.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harry Potter

• King prawn

• GinRummy

• Hearts1975

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, maroonlegions said:

"Very good point way from home.."

Nelson NAP..

If he uses the phrase "tough place to go" he should be sacked on the spot!

2-2! An average result tbh

It will be an ok point if we win our 2 home games, however I'm pretty shocked that we didn't win that, absolutely dominated that game without getting the goals that we deserved, defence has let us down today, I'm not a fan of 4 at the back for us, we just didn't look comfortable.

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Neilson will spin this as a positive result unbeaten making progress etc but if we've any aspirations of finishing 3rd and being considered a decent side we should be sweeping aside that garbage, very disappointing 

This

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Big sloppy at times. Showed plenty spirit. There’s been progress in this side although I think I maybe overestimated how much progress. 

too many errors bud, need to sharpen up

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Not good enough. Some may say other results are some comfort. But I see it as a wasted opportunity.

You see it correctly.

I said before today I'd take 7 from 9, need to go win the next 2 for an acceptable return before the International break.

Results like today for us, Hibs and Aberdeen are why none of us will ever challenge for the league. Hibs and Aberdeen drop points at home and we drop points against arguably the worst team in the league.

Enough chances created, no cutting edge.

Bazzas right boot

Too many attackers for me, however seems like poor defending cost us and on another day we score more. 

Win the next home games and these away points will be invaluable at the end of the season. 

1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Basically yes. His team selection and defensive tactics will always see these types of games. Also the simple fact that he hasn't signed a decent striker will also impact on our league position.

Talking nonsense today mate. If anything Neilson set up too offensively in the first half. 

Players to blame. The formation got us into great areas but the play in final third is just not clinical enough. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, King prawn said:

17 shots

30 crosses

Rubbish defending cost us two goals.

Poor result really. 

They don't get near to us if you stick to the plan.

part_time_jambo
3 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

It’s 3 lost in my view. I’m sure the team will feel exactly the same. These are the games that we should be winning considering how we have started. 

Is it 4 points for a win now?

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Lesson learned you don't change a winning formula, too many attackers, ridiculous decision

Surely other teams play with similar numbers of attackers. We had scored 1 goal from open play in our previous three games. Don’t think RN should be criticised for trying to be proactive.

Edited by GinRummy

1 minute ago, bobskeldon said:

Been saying for weeks that AG is a donkey…and he is!

Best player on the park for me. If you think he is a donkey then off you pop to the pub so you can spread your stubborn minded pish.

Can’t comment on our performance as I only watched the results coming in but I’m absolutely f*****g annoyed not beating that s***e 4 points dropped in the last two games gutted! 

3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Folk won’t agree, I don’t care - that’s two games in a row GMS has cost us three points. Throug on goal v Hibs and a simple tap in today. This fud needs dropped. Letting spittal score two shocking goals totally unacceptable today. Neilson hugging and laughing with the county boss at the end, oh very telling. Utterly furious we aren’t walking away with three points AND on a day Hibs drop points. Not fecking good enough

I do agree mate about GMS, said it after the hibs game, he also missed a sitter against the dons that potentially cost us a win there too, always gets our best chances and fluffs them.

Edited by gregzy2k7

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Can we blame the tinkering for the loss? 

I think we can. You lose control seeking some sort of utopian formation 

part_time_jambo
2 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I meant as in 3 points lost for the win. I didn’t include the point gained. 

Such a negative attitude. 😇

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

A good measure of far we have sunk is some think a draw is adequate.

From a losing position, a point is fair enough but only because we had a lot of missed chances. We cant keep on being so wasteful.

Devlin looked hungry. Mackay looked good in spells.

Defence wise we need someone challenging Soapy and Halkett for starts. 

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Best player on the park for me. If you think he is a donkey then off you pop to the pub so you can spread your stubborn minded pish.

😂

SpruceBringsteen

Pragmatism is a very nice trait and all that, but Heart of Midlothian should be comfortably dealing with dross of County's level 9 times out of 10.

Just now, hisnameis said:

GmS needs to start putting them away. Boyce left Spittal twice. Not enough up front again. 

Was a poor show from GMS. 

Edited by GinRummy

Two points dropped definitely. Wasted opportunity as others have said. We didn’t play terribly though, which is all I can say. Some good play, especially first half. Some players slipping in and out of the game though. Gnanduillet didn’t put a foot wrong and even his limited chances he took well but was denied by an impressive keeper. We desperately need to know how to play a god damn cross though.

1 minute ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Pragmatism is a very nice trait and all that, but Heart of Midlothian should be comfortably dealing with dross of County's level 9 times out of 10.

And yet…

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

I do agree mate about GMS, said it after the hibs game, he also missed a sitter against the dons that potentially cost us a win there too, always gets our best chances and fluffs them.

For a player of status it’s absolutely awful. He can assist all he wants but when you are missing key chances to turn 2 points into 6 you need dropped.

Liked the attacking line up but the key players in attack didn’t perform. Poor goals defensively (aren’t they all)and at times we had that old bad habit of not playing with enough drive and urgency.

Win the next two as we should and we’ll still be in a decent place but that was 2 points dropped that might be vital at the end. Luckily other results minimised the damage.

Poor result. 

Positives in the fact we came back, remain unbeaten and Devlin looked good. I thought Boyce was excellent for the majority too.

Just now, Gordon Ramsay said:

2 points dropped. Shite. 

Agree and it could have been three if Soapy hadn't kicked off the line in the last minute of extra time.

I don't care how much pressure we had, it counts for nothing if we can't covert at least one.  And the same goes for corners.

We always seem to waste the final ball and are just not clinical enough in front of goal.

And again we fail to profit and push on after scoring first.

Unacceptable.

2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

From a losing position, a point is fair enough but only because we had a lot of missed chances. We cant keep on being so wasteful.

Devlin looked hungry. Mackay looked good in spells.

Defence wise we need someone challenging Soapy and Halkett for starts. 

And Smith. 

1 minute ago, part_time_jambo said:

Is it 4 points for a win now?

It’s 3 points for a win and it’s 3 points lost. That was based on winning the game 

I’m well aware that we took a point for the draw

part_time_jambo
5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

If he uses the phrase "tough place to go" he should be sacked on the spot!

Robbie Neilson bingo anyone?

6 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Folk won’t agree, I don’t care - that’s two games in a row GMS has cost us three points. Throug on goal v Hibs and a simple tap in today. This fud needs dropped. Letting spittal score two shocking goals totally unacceptable today. Neilson hugging and laughing with the county boss at the end, oh very telling. Utterly furious we aren’t walking away with three points AND on a day Hibs drop points. Not fecking good enough

U are right regarding gms

Ex member of the SaS

People with focus on the moaning but we played some good stuff today but there are still points to be made. Poor finishing and poor team selection seem to be our downfall. These are the games we should be winning and looking to draw ( or preferably win ) against the Glasgow bigots. If we can't beat these teams we won't stay near the top for long.

Malinga the Swinga

Disappointing to drop two points but no question that selection was positive and we were aiming for three points till the end.

If people can't accept that, there is no hope.

6 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Been saying for weeks that AG is a donkey…and he is!

Generally avoid calling out another poster but for this to be someone's take from that game beggars belief. Utter nonsense.

We weren't great and that's 2 points dropped. 

Our crossing and finishing let us down badly. Got to do much better than that.

GMS needs to give himself a shake. If he wants to start playing for Scotland and be successful at Hearts, he's got to improve.

Devlin and McKay both looked decent. 

Not sure what to make of Moore tbh. He's not great in the air, not great in the tackle and ball use is ropey. He does look quick and strong. Guy obviously needs games and time so hopefully he grows into the team.