***Official Ross County vs Heart Of Midlothian Match Thread***

William H. Bonney

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Is it just me or do other's find us dull to watch? 1st half was good but second half we never performed at the same levels, is this down to fitness or coaching? 

I think we are frustrating to watch at times but not dull. Last season when watching every game on my iPad I regularly found myself watching other stuff on telly at the same time. Last season it was dull, not this season.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harry Potter

• King prawn

• GinRummy

• Hearts1975

This was a reasonable performance considering the number of changes. We need to find our best line-up quickly but the prospects are good. Have to believe Haring is carrying a knock or else he would have shored up the back. GMS fails to impress me although he is improving every game. Need busy players in midfield alongside Benni but we have them available so hopefully RN will get it right before much longer. Nandu doesn't do enough for me but I realise not many agree with me.

Didn’t question the Devlin substitution, but Walker for Woodburn was an odd one for me. Woodburn was booked but looked decent and didn’t look like he was tiring.

14 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

From a losing position, a point is fair enough but only because we had a lot of missed chances. We cant keep on being so wasteful.

Devlin looked hungry. Mackay looked good in spells.

Defence wise we need someone challenging Soapy and Halkett for starts. 

And Smith. 

2 minutes ago, R1874 said:

What was the formation then? Woodburn centre mid?

4141 I think… 4231 when GMS went off.  Not the worst result, we knew it would be a stuffy game, but credit to RN for going with an attacking set up but we really need to be taking some chances. GMS has had some easy ones missed the last two games. We’ve dominated the game but we need to be putting these teams away if we want to keep challenging at the top. 
Wouldn’t have said this last season, but maybe 4231 (4 attacking players) may be worth run with the players we have now. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I think we are frustrating to watch at times but not dull. Last season when watching every game on my iPad I regularly found myself watching other stuff on telly at the same time. Last season it was dull, not this season.

Good point 😂

Much improved stats from anything we saw for away games last time we were in the Premier League.

87E2C074-4AE0-48D5-9D93-654954D24181.jpeg

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

It’s 3 points for a win and it’s 3 points lost. That was based on winning the game 

I’m well aware that we took a point for the draw

Technically, to lose something you have to have it in the first place. 

6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Is it just me or do other's find us dull to watch? 1st half was good but second half we never performed at the same levels, is this down to fitness or coaching? 

Couldn't disagree more, we are playing great football now, not the finished article but very pleasing on the eye.

1 hour ago, tokyowalnut said:

How is this Neilson’s fault? Set us up to win.

Set up to win. Well did we win NO because the selection and tactics brought us down to Ross County's level. Smith doesn't play and Neilson panicked because he bottles it and with the players we have compared to these Highlanders there's no way they should of got a draw.

Bazzas right boot

Some of the throbbers were locked and ready for a great night on JKB slagging Bob and starting all sorts of stupid threads. 

That equaliser has ruined their night. 

😁

On to the next one. 

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Didn’t question the Devlin substitution, but Walker for Woodburn was an odd one for me. Woodburn was booked but looked decent and didn’t look like he was tiring.

It was a mistake starting WB in The centre of the park. I really don’t think we would have lost the 2 goals if we had started with Devlin in all honesty 

3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Can we just bin Halkett please,just a fat ,slow piece of guff.

Folk creaming over drawing with a team with Callachan,Paton ,White and Watson in it.🤣

A team that has been pumped off Rangers,Celtic and Hibs....yet we scrape a adraw.

2 words,not good enough.

Nobody is ‘creaming’ over a draw chum. Almost everyone saying it’s disappointing, which it is of course. Halkett was fine today. It was actually Souttar who had a very rare bummer if a game.

Not great. Not disastrous. Things to improve on. For example finding a system that suits this group and finishing, which in general has been awful this season.

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

My last reply meant to end with a 👍

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Some of the throbbers were locked and ready for a great night on JKB slagging Bob and starting all sorts of stupid threads. 

😁

On to the next one. 

🤣 they will put the knives away for another week. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

😁

On to the next one. 

You’re really tedious btw. Give it a rest

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Crossing and finishing drills required, as usual. 

Crossing..definitely. You have to make the defence work every time. Law of averages and you get that break.

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Do you not think, the players not having a regular style of play and formation could be hurting us at times, quite obvious that playing a back three wasn't going to get us scoring lots of goals, now we seem to be rather hoping that other formations work for us. 

I don't know maybe just me, but i think the players would benefit playing in a formation that they can get used too. 

1st half was good and we didn't deserve to be losing, but i thought the second half was rather crap tbh, but then again it's a different game all together if we take our chances. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Poor performance.

lacked any real creative spark, took the lead then gave it away straight away.

a set piece saved us, apart from the Walker half chance , Kingsley saved us a point from a free kick. PISH. 

😁

On to the next one. 

St Mirren equaliser or Hearts one?

1 hour ago, tokyowalnut said:

How is this Neilson’s fault? Set us up to win.

Set up to win. Well did we win NO because the selection and tactics brought us down to Ross County's level. Smith doesn't play and Neilson panicked because he bottles it and with the players we have compared to these Highlanders there's no way they should of got a draw.

1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

It was a mistake starting WB in The centre of the park. I really don’t think we would have lost the 2 goals if we had started with Devlin in all honesty 

RN still getting it wrong, even with this squad. 

J.T.F.Robertson

I see us as a completey different side, unfortunately not turning it into wins.

Our football and movement are night and day compared to recent seasons. Woulda, coulda, shoulda won today but still, I'm encouraged by the progress I see and hope to continue seeing.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I think Woodburn's fitness is being managed quite carefully. Cracking player.

Beni good again. Gnando was very good and unlucky not to get a goal. GMS is so wasteful in front of goal at times. Walker showed why he's still worth a place in the squad. Kingsley was good today as well, saw much more of him going forward. McKay was excellent in fits and starts - if this is him not fully match fit looking forward to seeing him when he is.

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Technically, to lose something you have to have it in the first place. 

TBF we were winning for about 30s :lol:

Just hope we practice crossing at pace and finishing this week in training. It’s not a bad result, not great either but we are progressing.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Most people are completely ignoring the fact that this squad and team are still bedding in.

They are also ignoring that we couldn’t completely transform every position for the team in one window back in the SPL.

So yes we need someone in addition to Boyce who will also score nearly a goal every second game; yes we need a better CB to partner Souttar etc

The key is though for me that we get 3rd place this season which will potentially start to transform us properly - from the players we can attract to the income we could potentially make.

We have started the season excellently for a great chance of third. Winning the league may take another season or two of building the squad 😉

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

...andFulton'sBaggio

Disappointing. Not sure i understood the starting lineup... Robbie is perhaps guilty of trying to be too clever at times? We seem to have a lot of players vying for the no10 position. I reckon he's gonna have to make a choice between GMS and Woodburn at some point

11 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Can we just bin Halkett please,just a fat ,slow piece of guff.

Folk creaming over drawing with a team with Callachan,Paton ,White and Watson in it.🤣

A team that has been pumped off Rangers,Celtic and Hibs....yet we scrape a adraw.

2 words,not good enough.

3 words

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think Woodburn's fitness is being managed quite carefully. Cracking player.

Beni good again. Gnando was very good and unlucky not to get a goal. GMS is so wasteful in front of goal at times. Walker showed why he's still worth a place in the squad. Kingsley was good today as well, saw much more of him going forward. McKay was excellent in fits and starts - if this is him not fully match fit looking forward to seeing him when he is.

Yip. In a few games we’ll reap the rewards of Woodburn’s talents !

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, The Tackle said:

You’re really tedious btw. Give it a rest

Yet, correct. 

A few agitators trying their best to start the dull football pish and tactics pish on this thread. 

They'd be full steam ahead if We'd lost. 

They are itching for us to lose, it's obvious. 

Not a good result and we are fortunate that Hibs and Aberdeen are not as good as their media pals make out. Despite the ambitious talk of getting close to Rangers and Celtic, it’s not going to happen this season. Our competitors seem to be Hibs and Aberdeen, with an eye to be kept on Motherwell and St Johnstone. 
I didn’t see the game today but it seems that good chances are being missed, which usually comes back to bite any team.

Probably the best we can say about us for now is that we are hard to beat, which is certainly an improvement on our last season in this league.

Maybe playing with two holding midfield players, who in fairness do attack a fair bit too, isn’t such a bad idea if it stops us having to score two goals to draw against Ross County.

We need two wins from these home games coming up, with Ibrox to come soon.

Ex member of the SaS
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Do you not think, the players not having a regular style of play and formation could be hurting us at times, quite obvious that play a back three wasn't going to get us scoring lots of goals, now we seem to be rather hoping that other formations work for us. 

I don't know maybe just me, but i think the players would benefit playing in a formation that they can get used too. 

1st half was good and we didn't deserve to be losing, but i thought the second half was rather crap tbh, but then again it's a different game all together if we take our chances. 

Having a consistent team selection is a must. Too often during the Levein era and now with Robbie is chopping and changing depending on who we are playing. Make them chop and change as we should ( and do ) have the players to keep the same team and tactics.

A_A wehatethehibs

Strange how Hearts and Hibs have mirrored each other’s results so far. Who will blink first. Shaping up to be one of the closest seasons between us and Hibs since both clubs got relegated in 2014 (still funny they went down that year 😂

I said 7 points would be a good return from these 3 fixtures but was wanting 3 today so now it’s back to back wins required minimum.

Yet, correct. 

A few agitators trying their best to start the dull football pish and tactics pish on this thread. 

You're very wrong mate 👍

13 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

McKay looks 10 times more effective than Gino

He does. Gino looks like our 3rd choice winger right now.

12 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I don't. Better than the last couple of seasons and improving.

10 minutes ago, Homme said:

I know why we play that high looping cross but to do it every time is frustrating. 

Yeah, that's the worst thing about watching Hearts. Our crossing is awful. So annoying.

1 minute ago, jamboozy said:

Just hope we practice crossing at pace and finishing this week in training. It’s not a bad result, not great either but we are progressing.

I take it the crossing was bad? Never watched it ! School boy stuff to cross a ball from a corner  or free kick !  unless it’s windy .

Yet, correct. 

You're very wrong mate 👍