Apologies Mr Neilson.

Boyces beard

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

A dead rubber doesn't affect the outcome of a competition between teams. That competition was the Championship. It was over. We had won it, which is the aim, so the result of the game was meaningless. You see it all the time in football - bizarre anyone is even arguing about it.

Computer says no.

"The dead rubber match therefore has no effect on the winner and loser of the series".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_rubber

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Forever Hearts

• Thomaso

• A_A wehatethehibs

Guest ToqueJambo
22 minutes ago, Beni said:

Computer says no.

"The dead rubber match therefore has no effect on the winner and loser of the series".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_rubber

It had no effect. Neither could win or lose the Championship. We were the winner of the "series" and Hibs were the loser.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, LMc said:

**** Off. I'll repeat, no game against Hibs is a dead rubber. You can piss off with that attitude. I couldn't care less how many points ahead or if the league is wrapped up, I want us beating Hibs every single time. 

Although I expect nothing less from someone who was wanting them to win the cup. Pathetic.

I want us beating every team every single time. 

Who wanted them to lift the cup? 

Joined in 2020..., mentions hibs Cup win. 

Who were you before? 

Edited by Smith's right boot

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It had no effect. Neither could win or lose the Championship. We were the winner of the "series" and Hibs were the loser.

What a tiresome troll you are. It has already been pointed out to you by numerous posters that issues such as promotion and play-offs in the Championship had not been settled. Therefore by no stretch of the imagination was it a dead rubber.

Grow up.

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

All you're doing is make yourself look sillier. 

This discussion is officially a dead rubber. 🤣

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, leginten said:

What a tiresome troll you are. It has already been pointed out to you by numerous posters that issues such as promotion and play-offs in the Championship had not been settled. Therefore by no stretch of the imagination was it a dead rubber.

Grow up.

Ffs. 

Some folk can think that there are no dead rubbers and others can think there is. 

Not everyone needs to think the same. 

IMO, if we'd win a league - every game after that means **** all, in fact they could play the under 19's the rest of games for all I care. 

Others will think different. 

That's life. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Guest ToqueJambo
28 minutes ago, leginten said:

Grow up.

The championship is what the teams were playing for. That was sorted. Who cares who finishes 2nd - it's that kind of loser mentality that leads to the current mediocrity...etc.. we are Hearts etc... It was a dead rubber for the outcome of the Championship 

Guest ToqueJambo
20 minutes ago, Beni said:

All you're doing is make yourself look sillier. 

This discussion is officially a dead rubber. 🤣

So the competition is all about the playoffs is it? learn something new every day.

No wonder we are where we are with that kind of loser mentality. Personally I enjoyed celebrating winning the thing that mattered and couldn't give a shit what happened afterwards in the dead rubbers that followed.

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The championship is what the teams were playing for. That was sorted. Who cares who finishes 2nd - it's that kind of loser mentality that leads to the current mediocrity...etc.. we are Hearts etc... It was a dead rubber for the outcome of the Championship 

The guy who has defended to the hilt the club’s losing mentality over the last seasons - and who now says a league defeat against Hibs is less important than the Tennent’s Sixes - accusing other people of having a losing mentality. You couldn’t make it up. Clueless.

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, leginten said:

The guy who has defended to the hilt the club’s losing mentality over the last seasons - and who now says a league defeat against Hibs is less important than the Tennent’s Sixes - accusing other people of having a losing mentality. You couldn’t make it up. Clueless.

I didn't say that though. I said the league game was arguably less important as there was nothing at stake for us and it didn't affect the outcome of any trophy, unlike the old East of Scotland shield for example.  

Edited by ToqueJambo

47 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Who were you before? 

Eh....you did??...the middle line🤪

Edited by GYL

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, LMc said:

I'm pretty sure the game tomorrow isn't going to have an effect on the winners of the league. Dead rubber it is, play the kids lads. Who cares?

WTF. This could absolutely influence the outcome of the league, like the first derby in 14/15. Never heard of momentum? 

Wasn''t aware the title had been decided. That's exactly the loser mentality that has led to the mediocrity of the last few years.... we are Hearts.... No bottle, no class....

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I didn't say that though. I said the league game was arguably less important as there was nothing at stake for us and it didn't affect the outcome of any trophy, unlike the old East of Scotland shield for example.  

Desperate. Agenda-led trolling pish of the worst kind.

22 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That league game was an appalling performance from a team that had been great that year.

I don't see how you can defend it.

It was also symptomatic of Neilson's attitude to derbies.

Hopefully he's learned.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Who were you before? 

Who wanted Hibs to win the cup?

You Tosh YOU! 

27 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

There have been numerous Derbies throughout the years with “nothing at stake” in terms of winning the league, or relegation or chasing a place in Europe - that it all irrelevant in terms of Hearts fans desire to beat their bitter local rivals!

29 minutes ago, GYL said:

Eh....you did??...the middle line🤪

He thinks we have forgotten! 😂

4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

He thinks we have forgotten! 😂

Tosh,s Left.... Smith's right ....been a few incarnations ....I'm.sure Rudi was included somewhere??

But never forgive....Hibs to win the Cup🤬🤬🤬

Edited by GYL

And if we don't win tomorrow then I'll be back on the Neilson out train.....a draw tomorrow is not acceptable....unless there are extenuating circumstances, like keeper sent off in 15 mins etc 🥲

Smiths right foot has all of you numpties in his back pocket 🤣🤣

He only has to post and you all latch on like leeches!!

It’s hilarious watching you all hang on to his every word.

thecarnbeejambo

way to early to be so optimistic bout r.n.  tomorrow will go a long way in deciding how we feel about him for the rest of the season..a decent enough start but some poor tactical decisions in a couple of games in the second half....maybe when we go through to play the poison twins and actually make a game if it opinions may change....but to be fair r.n. isnt the first hearts manager to bottle when the team bus passes harthill.

anyway back to the derby..a good result and a good 90 min performance will go a long long way

to giving us all a lift and hopefully showing us that r.n. can set us up to perform over the whole game not just 45 .mins ...HHGH...

5 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

So he’s trolling! 😳

I’m devastated! 🥲

26 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

So he’s trolling! 😳

I’m devastated! 🥲

I guarantee he sits there pissing himself laughing at you and others.

4 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I guarantee he sits there pissing himself laughing at you and others.

Ah I see it all now! After all nobody can post the constant stream of shite he does and not be at the wind up!

Thank you Vlad for shining the torch of enlightenment on us! 👍

Edited by Thomaso

Forever Hearts
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

In that case just about every game we play is a dead rubber. After all, we have no chance of winning the title. Agreed? 

Jeffros Furios
3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Who were you before? 

Who are you ?

Jeffros Furios
1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

The guy's a daftie. 

13 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

The guy's a daftie. 

Now now! Vlad Magic has informed us he’s an Uber Troll and he’s pissing himself laughing at us all. 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

:rofl:

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Who wanted Hibs to win the cup?

You Tosh YOU! 

can you quote me saying that or are you lying?

Bazzas right boot
38 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

F06D1357-5998-41D3-9A4F-DF63C674362D.jpeg

Now I remember why you were on ignore, you are here just to troll other Hearts fans.

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Now I remember why you were on ignore, you are here just to troll other Hearts fans.

Oh the irony! 😂😂😂😂😂

Forever Hearts
14 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

I've asked you this already and you dodged it, so I'll ask again. How can it be personal when we don't know him personally? 

Third time lucky? 

Just what will happen if we have a poor season ?

It's too soon and apologies are not likely to be genuine anyway........ I think he has achieved his targets set when he came in but we have missed out on at least one chance to lift a major trophy

Changes have been made and early signs are positive but that's all they are though

William H. Bonney
Just now, HartleyLegend3 said:

I think we have a solid team in the making. Some really good players. 

Is Robbie the man to take us to the next level? 

No. 

On paper the subs should have been fine but McKay and Ginelly didn't have the same impact GMS or Woodburn had. You can't forsee that.

Hibs will be ****ing delighted with a point though.  There's something good happening at Tynie it just hasn't clicked yet.

2 minutes ago, Homme said:

On paper the subs should have been fine but McKay and Ginelly didn't have the same impact GMS or Woodburn had. You can't forsee that.

Hibs will be ****ing delighted with a point though.  There's something good happening at Tynie it just hasn't clicked yet.

Agree with all of this.

If Ginelly focused on being effective and playing the right pass, he would be a hell of a player. However, his decision making is awful.

16 minutes ago, Homme said:

Agree with this. Can see the logic, taking a wide player off after an hour for a like for like replacement should give us an edge against fullbacks who have played the full match. Think they played a very deep back line too which probably didn't help our wingers create things either. 

Its disappointing but we're still unbeaten so should be looking to really drill down on the decision making in the final 3rd. Felt like too many aimless balls in and pointless speculative shots. 

I think Neilson has the team playing with much more purpose and you can see what they're trying to do which is good. 

Think in hindsight, it might have been smarter to have left GMS on for a bit longer and brought McKay on a bit later, but you can't know these things ahead of time. Gino was pretty disappointing. Get the feeling he's too eager to score and its creating a bit too much greed which is scuppering chances. Likewise, think Boyce needs to look to play the ball quicker, too often he runs into traffic rather than making the easy pass. 

Fingers crossed we've got a striker identified for January. 

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, saxondale said:

Agree with all of this.

If Ginelly focused on being effective and playing the right pass, he would be a hell of a player. However, his decision making is awful.

Thought he was terrible when he came on and lacked confidence to even try and beat his man.

I thought we would set up to be solid and leave the pace on the bench. Check

I thought he’d switch GMS wings after about half an hour

Check

I thought he’d change things at 60 mins

Check

I thought he’d play Boyce up top on his own, isolated and coming too deep/doing too much

Check

I was impressed with all the new signings and, given time I hope we’ll be a bit more adventurous from the off but he’s a conservative/predictable  manager. 

Thats in his DNA and I can’t see him ever changing 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I would take it back now. 

This thread could have its ups and downs. Maybe a fresh apology page if we beat Ross County.